Pivot page field

My pivot page field resides on B1.
I'd like to put a validation list on cell C1 or D1 and use that cell
instead of pivot page button.
I just don't like the pivot combo list.
Is it possible at all to sync ?
0
darkblue

Found it !

Sub Tester10()
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1")
 Debug.Print .PageFields(1).CurrentPage
  .PageFields(1).CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("c1").Value
 Debug.Print .PageFields(1).CurrentPage
End With
End Sub

Thanks Tom.
0
darkblue

Task exporting and missing fields
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter. Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by. I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list pro...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

How to change a single page orientation in one documet?
I have one set document with 10 pages inside. But I need only two pages (i.e page 6&7) display as landscape format. The rest let it be potrait. How to do it? "Trisya247" <Trisya247@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DD3074-1BE6-4CB8-BD57-72EAA4181AEF@microsoft.com... > I have one set document with 10 pages inside. But I need only two pages > (i.e > page 6&7) display as landscape format. The rest let it be potrait. How to > do > it? Create a section break before and after each page you want to be landscape.... htt...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Report Writer Conditional Field Question
I should know the answer to this but my head is working on a different problem at the moment. In Report Writer, on a SOP Blank Invoice, I want to conditionally show the SOP_Line_Work_PrimaryShipToAddressCode ONLY when it is not equal to 'Primary' or 'Ship To'. In essence, I need to show the SOP Line Level Address when it's an outlier from their two standard address codes. I built a conditional field in RW that checks for Primary and returns blank ("") or the address. Works great. But now I need to add an OR condition and I'm stuck. I can't seem to be able...

Is there any way to get all the page names in onenote?
Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the pages in onenote workbook. Seems there is a Table of Contents powertoy that does this as I recall. "Ken Teng" <Ken Teng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D0D2C4-E2AE-4271-8B14-32EF6E808552@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the > pages > in onenote workbook. > Michael wrote: > "Ken Teng" wrote: >> Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the >> page...

Password Protecting Fields
I want signature blocks on my form only accessible to the person who signed in. I have user level security so the person must sign in to have access to the form but beyond that I only want that person to be able to fill his/her name in, in their spot only to show agreement - electronic signature. I have this on one form but cant duplicate it on the second. This is what was used on the first - as best I can tell. Private Sub Signature_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim Response As String Response = InputBox("Enter Password", "Password Required") If Resp...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

find and replace data in a yes/no field
How do you find and replace a Yes/No field? I want to find all no entries and globally replace them with a yes entry. Any assistance is deeply appreciated. Write a query UPDATE MyTable SET MYyesno = Yes WHERE MYyesno = No; The where clause is unnecessary if every row has a value, since you'll be making them all True anyway. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:BvoPi.155$Q6.102@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > > How do you find and replace ...

Pivot Tables
When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index ar left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can thes index values be automatically duplicated? Thanks ANdrew Middleto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, Send me your email address and I'll PM you a small add-in I put together to do this.. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index are >left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can these >index values be automatically duplicated?...

user defined fields
Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined fields. one of our users would like to have User Defined 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #". She should have been able to do this after looking at her user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales- Customer". loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify that same window. All I get is a greyed out Modifier / modify current window. ideas? Try going to Cards / Sales / Receivables and click on the Options tab. You will notice the...

showing repeating values in the rows of a pivot table
The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating value of a row header in the first row only. Is it possible to allow the repeating value to populate all the cells to which it applies? Not while it's still a pivottable. I'll usually convert to values (or make a copy of that pivottable and convert that copy to values). Then I'll use techniques like those at Debra Dalgleish's site to fill those empty cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html kdschreck wrote: > > The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating valu...

how do I get the result of a numeric field to display in alphabet.
alphabetically instead of numbers such as 1,000 (one thousand) where you would state the field code twice but apply a switch to change the number to the alphabetical number. -- Deborah Corff Use the \*Cardtext switch in the field code. For information about its use, read the "Number formats" section of http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:57:25 -0700, Daysur...

Contact extension field should allow more than 4 characters
Many telephone number extensions are longer than 4 digits. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3968b145-8fb4-4b50-ba85-15e0b169505a&dg=microsoft.public.gre...

.net 2 and C#
I am using Visual Studio 2005 .NET 2.0. and C#. Has anybody transformed xml using xsl and shown the results as a web page? It should be a simple task.... but I can't find a way through the maze of deprecated or incompatible classes in .NET I have a dataset object (which has a GetXml() method which returns rows as a xml string) that I want to transform using an xsl file. Then I want the results in my web page. What is the best way to do this? When I copy examples I find, I can't build because various classes are deprecated. So I replace them with recommended alternatives and then ...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

Locating Pivot Table in VBA
I have a macro created in VBA that creates two Pivot Tables, one under the other. I works fine except I run into problems when the first table shows up with more rows than I expected when, in the VBA code, I set the table destination of the second table. Then the macro doesn't do well at all. I there a way I can set the table destination of the second table relative to the bottom of the first table? A statement something like this: (preceding stuff omitted).CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="[Workbookname.xls]SheetName!'Three rows below the table above" and so f...

default page settings
Does anyone know how to change the default page size in publisher so it opens as A4 rather than letter all the time? Change your printer driver default to A4 and then Publisher will automatically open with that size. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

BP user cannot see new page
We are creating new pages under the sales dashboard heading for individual salespeople. We are using BP4 on MOSS 2007 with GP10 SP3. We created the page then set the permissions on the page to allow read by the salesperson and a BP group that includes only them for the navigation audience. We then went into the navigation and added the link to the page and set the audience as the BP group containing just the salesperson and the BP administrator. As the admin I can see the page in the navigation and see the page and reports itself. When I am logged in as the salesperson I see the page i...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Parameterized constructor and const fields in MFC/COM??
I am creating "MFC AppWizard(Dll) with Automation" in VC++ 6.0, We are in the process of developing COM wrapper equivalent to java library for windows developers. I am not able to find following equivalents of java in COM - Defining Constant fields(as only interface is exposed, can we declare const fields in interface??) - Defining and calling parameterizing constructor Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bhavesh. Hi, Actually, the question is not related to MFC. Though see below... "Bhavesh" wrote: > I am creating "MFC AppWizard(Dll) with Automation&qu...

Pivot Tables from imported external data
Hi, I have a macro which refreshes 5 pivot tables, one after another. However, when a pivot tables data changes slightly, a messag appears.."The refresh data operation changed the pivot table report". How can i stop this message from appearing everytime the data in th pivot changes? Please help......J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Code ------------------- Application.DisplayAlerts = Fals ------------------- don't forget to set back to True -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Why can't I auto filter date fields?
With a column of dates like 5/5/2004 13:20, the only thing that works i to select a specific date from the drop down. Trying contains 5/ o anything similar doesn't work, it returns nothing at all. Also, would there be any way to change the default choice on aut filter from "equals" to "contains" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are you looking to filter on months or days? You might be able to use custom and "greater than" and "less than" combinations. But sometimes, I'll just insert a new column and put a formula like: =mo...