Passing parameters to a Web Query

I'm not an Excel expert so bear with me.

I want to create a Web Query but I want to pass parameters from the
Worksheet itself...
Something like this:

http://webSite/somepage.asp?startDate=summary!a1&endDate=summary!b1

Essentially, my ASP page needs a start and end date to pass to an SQL stored
procedure.

Is this even possible and if not, do I have any other options?

0
Raymond

Took me a while, but I found how to do this.

"Raymond D'Anjou" <rdanjou@kindervillexxx.com> wrote in message
> I'm not an Excel expert so bear with me.
>
> I want to create a Web Query but I want to pass parameters from the
> Worksheet itself...
> Something like this:
>
> http://webSite/somepage.asp?startDate=summary!a1&endDate=summary!b1
>
> Essentially, my ASP page needs a start and end date to pass to an SQL
> stored procedure.
>
> Is this even possible and if not, do I have any other options?

0
Raymond

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

GAL web page
How can I create a web page listing names and phone numbers (possibly couple other fields from AD). I have ran across several CDO or ADSI samples for Exchange 5.5, but w are running Exchange 2000. Does anyone have ideas or code for me? It must be out there. Ideally, I would like to expand it to an in/out checkboard type o thing. For now, just publishing the phone list will work - cgraham158 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread...

Using map on web design
Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Save the map as a GIF file optimized for the web, open a picture frame on your document, insert your map picture, should do the trick. DavidF "Map on web design" <Map on web design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29908809-F532-4849-8302-F14F7C1C8501@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Can I copy any map from the internet? Or a special site to go to to get one to be used? Thanks for the reply :-) "DavidF" wrote: > Save the map as a ...

Exchange 2K Web Access
Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? Thank You, CHris Chris wrote: > Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a > mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? > Thank You, > CHris Exchange 2000 has OWA functionality built-in which lets You access your mailbox using HTTP -- Tomasz Onyszko [MVP] http://www.w2k.pl Thank You. Is there a wizard to setup this feature or can you direct me? Thank You, Chris "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" wrote: > Chris w...

Ldap Query
I want to make a query where i can see the members of an administrative group or Distribution list. Is there someone who has such a query? administrative group would be based on something similar to (legacyexhangedn="/o=Microsoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients") dl would be based on (memberOf="DN of Group") This works fine as long as the group isn't the users primary group -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this...

Web Addresses
How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in a report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link? Select the text and press CTRL+Space which will reset the paragraph to the underlying style OR Change the format of the Hyperlink and followed Hyperlink styles not to have an underline OR Set the autoformat as you type option not to convert internet paths to hyperlinks, so the address wouldn't be underlined in the first place. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

Union Query
A union query I developed has suddenly stopped working. The syntax is: SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 1] UNION SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 2]; Pulling up each query individually works fine. When i run the above union query I receive "Invalid use of Null". The number and order of the columns in each query are identical. Access 2003 here. Any ideas what could be the problem? I suspect it is the VBA code that you are using around the query, not the query, that stopped working. To confirm, does your query is executable from the query editor? If it does not, you also confirm t...

Web table to Excel...
Could someone help me exporting the tables from the following web-page into excel ? http://www.ekdd.gr/ESDD/IH/REBBBD-esdd-epityxontwn.htm (use unicode encoding) is this impossible ? ...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...

Publishing to the WEB #2
If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the site? You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions. Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in...

parameter problem
Hi, I created a report base on a data range parameter, and in the report property event: On Open: Date Dialog.Open Dialog On Close: Date Dialog.Close Dialog But everytime after I entered the beginning date and Ending date: There is always showing a message: The expression you entered has a function name that MS can't find. I ignor it, click on OK, the report still open. I can't figure out which function name is wrong. If I delete the event setting in the property, then has no problem. But I do need the Date dialog for the people to enter. Thank you for your idea. ...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

Relationship error in a query
Hello Everybody, I have four tables in a databse. Each database has at least one column containing prices of goods & services. However, these columns are not related in anyway (some other colums are). I am trying to summerize these price information in one query where I am trying to list the sum of prices from every table. When I try to do so I am getting an error part of which says: "One or more of the tables isn't related to the others. Click OK to edit system relationships." At least according to the error message (and this would have been my question anyway),...

Pass command line file name parameter
Hi, I have an application with classes Myapp, MyappDoc and MyappView. The input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable sFilename in Myapp.h which is included in MyappDoc.cpp and MyappView.cpp. There're compiling errors: MyappDoc.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier MyappView.cpp : error C2065: 'sFilename' : undeclared identifier Why? If the input filename from command line's parameter is stored as public variable in MyappDoc.h, how to access it from Myapp.cpp? Thanks, ybc The other problem is, when I set the...

wchar_t as a string parameter
I believe I am going crazy. I just compiled the 'release' version of my program and am having issues with the passing of a wchar_t string to a function. Both Debug and Release: - stdcall calling convention - treat wchar_t as built-in type = NO - unicode char set code: bool MyFunction( LPTSTR szString ); wchar_t szMyString[31]; When I declare the szMyString variable, it has a starting memory address 4 bytes BEFORE the address that it has when it is passed inside the function. This only happens on the Release version of the program. Am using VS2005. Any ideas? Thanks, Je...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Query table using criteria from an Excel document
Hello, I have a Access table of names and addresses. There is a postcode (zipcode) text field. I also have an excel spreadsheet with a single column of postcodes; no duplicates. I need to get query to return each name and address in the table which has a postcode listed in the spreadsheet. Typing each postcode manually into the query seems clumsy. Any ideas? Add a link to the Excel data. Create a new query joining the linked Excel data and your Access table on the postcode field. Those that match will result. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/A...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

Still stuck: rerunning a query to change criteria
My form lets one set criteria for a query, from which some textboxes display several Dcounts of the selected clients (grouped and counted by age and gender). Now I need this query to be rerun once different criteria are set. But I believe that as long as the form is open, the query wil be run ones and then never again! I could of course have people close and open the form again and again, but that is cumbersome. Me next try would be to have the criteria be set i the form and then as next step run and open the query, including the data to be displayed in a subform. But is ...

Web services in CRM
This may be a question more for microsoft.public.dotnet.language, but I'll try anyway! I don't have a dotnet background so the question may also be silly. I want to connect to MS-CRM using web services. I cannot find any WSDL files with which I can achieve this. (I want customers to be able to track service requests). How do I/can I connect to CRM using non dotnet web services? Maybe an option is for me to learn some dotnet, write an interface and expose it using WSDL.... I'd prefer not to, time is tight and I have a design to finish! Cheers, Lindsay There are no WSDL ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...

How to import web link and avoid frame?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to import web link into Excel and avoid frame on web page? When I browse following link, it look fine on IE, but when I insert this link into excel, it shows nothing, because of frame within HTML. http://www.hkab.org.hk/DisplayInterestSettlementRatesAction.do?Submit=Search&lang=en&year=2010&month=2&day=3 Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve it within Excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric When I right click on the sheet>import to excel, I get. You can the record a macro to refresh. Rates ...