Outlook Email Help: selecting Voting button option from excel VBA

Hi All,
I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain
properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set
an voting button option from excel?

I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing:
..VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject"

But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section
which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the
person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do
this from excel?

To select "Have Replies Sent To" check box and add that other persons email
address

Thanks in advance.

Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)

But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
 .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B457821-54DD-47A9-A107-E6014CD8002C@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain
> properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set
> an voting button option from excel?
>
> I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing:
> .VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject"
>
> But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section
> which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the
> person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do
> this from excel?
>
> To select "Have Replies Sent To" check box and add that other persons email
> address
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
Ron
1/6/2010 7:12:26 PM
Hey Ron,

Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
requested to vote as well.

For eg:

Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes

Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3

Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2

I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
on voting?

Thanks in advance

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
>
> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B457821-54DD-47A9-A107-E6014CD8002C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> > I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain
> > properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set
> > an voting button option from excel?
> >
> > I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing:
> > .VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject"
> >
> > But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section
> > which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the
> > person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do
> > this from excel?
> >
> > To select "Have Replies Sent To" check box and add that other persons email
> > address
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> .

Hi Sam

I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)

--

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
> Hey Ron,
>
> Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
> requested to vote as well.
>
> For eg:
>
> Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
>
> Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
>
> Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
>
> I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
> on voting?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
>>
>> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
>>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B457821-54DD-47A9-A107-E6014CD8002C@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi All,
>> > I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain
>> > properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set
>> > an voting button option from excel?
>> >
>> > I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing:
>> > .VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject"
>> >
>> > But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section
>> > which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the
>> > person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do
>> > this from excel?
>> >
>> > To select "Have Replies Sent To" check box and add that other persons email
>> > address
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> .

0
Ron
1/6/2010 8:01:20 PM
Thanks for looking into it Ron.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
> > Hey Ron,
> >
> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
> > requested to vote as well.
> >
> > For eg:
> >
> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
> >
> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
> >
> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
> >
> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
> > on voting?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
> >>
> >> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
> >>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

> >> .
> >>
> .

Hey Ron,

Did you get a chance to look into it? I tried looking for it in outlook
object browser but couldnt find it.

Let me know if you find it.

Thanks for helping

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
> > Hey Ron,
> >
> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
> > requested to vote as well.
> >
> > For eg:
> >
> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
> >
> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
> >
> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
> >
> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
> > on voting?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
> >>
> >> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
> >>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

> >> .
> >>
> .

I try to look at it this evening

--

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2060D473-031A-4AB2-AD50-6EAE45F458BD@microsoft.com...
> Hey Ron,
>
> Did you get a chance to look into it? I tried looking for it in outlook
> object browser but couldnt find it.
>
> Let me know if you find it.
>
> Thanks for helping
>
> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Sam
>>
>> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
>> > Hey Ron,
>> >
>> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
>> > requested to vote as well.
>> >
>> > For eg:
>> >
>> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
>> >
>> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
>> >
>> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
>> >
>> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
>> > on voting?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

>> .

0
Ron
1/10/2010 10:58:18 AM
Hey Ron,

Did you get a chance to look into it? I tried looking for that specific
voting button property in outllook object browser but couldnt get it to work.

I did find two voting button members "VotingOptions" and "VotingResponse" in
"MailItem" class in outlook object browser but dont know how to get that to
work yet.

There are other members like "CustomPropertyChange" and "CustomAction" in
class "MailItem" but dont know if that is something i need to get this voting
button property selected.

I would appretiate if you could look into this.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
> > Hey Ron,
> >
> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
> > requested to vote as well.
> >
> > For eg:
> >
> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
> >
> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
> >
> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
> >
> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
> > on voting?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
> >>
> >> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
> >>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

> >> .
> >>
> .

Hi Sam

I have try a few things but I not think this is possible.
You can ask it in the Outlook newsgroups to see if they can help you

--

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uyWsSPekKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I try to look at it this evening
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2060D473-031A-4AB2-AD50-6EAE45F458BD@microsoft.com...
>> Hey Ron,
>>
>> Did you get a chance to look into it? I tried looking for it in outlook
>> object browser but couldnt find it.
>>
>> Let me know if you find it.
>>
>> Thanks for helping
>>
>> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sam
>>>
>>> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

>>> .

0
Ron
1/10/2010 7:12:46 PM

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
> > Hey Ron,
> >
> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
> > requested to vote as well.
> >
> > For eg:
> >
> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
> >
> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
> >
> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
> >
> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
> > on voting?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Must look at this if I have time Sam (I never used the buttons myself)
> >>
> >> But you can do this to change the reply address (maybe not what you want ?0
> >>  .SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" <Reply@Address.com>"
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

> >> .
> >>
> .

I reply yesterday Sam with this

"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F8B0220-C121-48BA-8105-A794FBE3B024@microsoft.com...
> Hey Ron,
>
> Did you get a chance to look into it? I tried looking for that specific
> voting button property in outllook object browser but couldnt get it to work.
>
> I did find two voting button members "VotingOptions" and "VotingResponse" in
> "MailItem" class in outlook object browser but dont know how to get that to
> work yet.
>
> There are other members like "CustomPropertyChange" and "CustomAction" in
> class "MailItem" but dont know if that is something i need to get this voting
> button property selected.
>
> I would appretiate if you could look into this.
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Sam
>>
>> I put it on my list of things to look at it this week(weekend)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC499CE-9B36-46D1-9170-3B9AEFDAABF3@microsoft.com...
>> > Hey Ron,
>> >
>> > Thanks for helping. I want to send the voting response to the person who has
>> > requested to vote as well.
>> >
>> > For eg:
>> >
>> > Person1: sends an email to Person2 and Person3 for their votes
>> >
>> > Person2 votes and the voting reply is sent to Person1 and Person3
>> >
>> > Person3 votes and the voting reply is send to Person1 and Person2
>> >
>> > I think with ".SentOnBehalfOfName" the reply will be sent to one person only
>> > on voting?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

>> .

0
Ron

Problem with Outlook 2002...
I have been using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP for some time now. Suddenly, I start getting the following error: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I am using Yahoo as a POP3 and SMTP gateway. Please note that this configuration has been working for almost a year and a half! I can ping Yahoo's servers no problem. I did some Googli...

Transfer Outlook e-mail structure To Another Computer
I am currently using Outlook Express and I would like to transfer all of my e-mail folders, etc from Outlook Express to another computer Using Outlook. The Outlook Express is on a computer that is using XP Pro sp3 OS and I would like to transfer it to another computer using Win 7 Pro OS but using Office 2003 and Outlook that comes with it. Can someone tell me which filenames (full pathname) to copy so I can configure the new computer so the Outlook will have all of the information I have now (including all folders, like send folders, directory address, etc). Thank You, Ga...

Excel worksheet moved all data from multipl cells into one
I recently saved a list from another software program into excel. The original format was csv or txt, i can remember. when i resaved the worksheet i saved it into excel format and no formatting changed. when i reopened the file all the data that was in my rows which has 12 columns of data in individual cells all are now packed into the first colum. i don't know what happened and how to seperate the data into individual cells again. Step 1 is make a backup copy of your file so you don't lose data while figuring out the best way to do this. You may be able to use (on the...

Please help with returned emails from new domain
My home email is through Road Runner. I use Outlook 2003, with RR's mail servers. My work email is my own domain, registered with Network Solutions, hosted by GoDaddy. I've been with Godaddy about two weeks. Ever since then, I cannot send an email from Outlook/RR to my work domain. It immediately comes back as undeliverable. If needed, I will find the error messages. The interesting thing is that if I set up Outlook Express on my RR account, the emails to my work domain go through just fine. Does this particular issue ring a bell to anyone? What is it about Outlook that would ...

Please help! Error message "mnycopymar"?
Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep getting the following errors:- "mnycopymar has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "mnyupdate@#@.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have no idea why this is happening but would sure appreciate someone to help me get rid of this nagging errors. Thanks! Excalibur In microsoft.public.money, excalibur wrote: >Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep >getting the following errors:- > > >"mnycopymar has encountered a proble...

moving excel sheets
How did i move a row from one excel sheet to another, when it hits a certian date. So for example if one sheet two i had a colum that once it hit the date in one of the cells in that colum it would jump to sheet one. -- Joanna Sprague ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joanna Sprague's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25742 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391534 You can do this sort of thing with a worksheet_change event macro. Does the whole column move or just the cell o...

Assign a function key to a button
Is it possible to assisgn a function key to a button? SF On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:10:39 +0700, "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> wrote: >Is it possible to assisgn a function key to a button? > >SF > You can come pretty close. If you set the button's Caption to a text string and precede one letter in the text string by an ampersand, the user can "click" the button by typing Alt-that letter. For instance, setting the caption of a button to E&xit will display Exit with the x underlined, and typing alt-X will cause the button's click event to execute. ...

New button for Custom Entity in Lookup
Is there a way to utitlize the "new Button" function from a lookup window for custom entities. Unlike with contacts, accounts, etc. The only button that is available for Custom Entities is 'Properties' this is very inconvenient. Thanks! It doesn't work, but if you're looking for a way to use the quick create form for all entities, see http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS10 (Client Side Scripting - Using the Quick Create Form for custom entities). Another option is the Custom Lookup Dialog (link below) which fully supports the quick create featur...

Outlook 2002 " Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."
Ok I have just recently switched aver to a new domain for a web site. I went through the configuration stuff in outlook under the accounts and it connects to all the servers and sends the test message just fine. If i try to send anything to anybody but me it says undeliverable. This includes emails on the same domain. I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: [classified] Sent: 7/14/2004 11:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '[email name @ aol]' on 7/14/2004 11:44 PM ...

Excel
Dont no if this will help - but here's goes. I am doing an assignment at uni, which involves building a model o excel and then doing a report. What I am having difficulty with is that you have to convert currenc into dollars - which is the only problem I having. You had to import database with all the data on which I have done and then import conversion table from the msn website - which I have also done. What dont understand is that the book which we are using has the assignmen more or less in but isnt good on the idea I need. Its says you creat an IF statement to convert the curren...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Outlook 2003 and PDA hold getting messages
I am running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with latest SP's and have a ongoing problem I can not solve. My Dell Axim is connected, and Active Sync is set to stay up to date automatically, this part works. Outlook is set to access my POP account every 3 minutes. I am a SOHO so I need my mail. Well Outlook will not go get the message every 3 min UNLESS I remove the Dell from its docking station. It will check messages if I F9 outlook, or manually click the send/receive radio button.. I have tried different times and nothing seems to work.. Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? TIA ...

Outlook send/receive
Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in Outlook 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. "Vision2k" <Vision2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DB6012-32A4-4312-83EB-E0B9CCEF0BBC@microsoft.com... > Cannot send/receive, create new message, reply or forward messages in > Outlook > 2007. Cannot access email set-up under Tools/Option/Email options. > > I have done a repair of Office 2007 but it did not help. This disc...

Excel Formula help Referencing etc.
Hi Excel Formula Guru's. Here's a complicated one I'm thinking about. I haven't started it yet, more in the planning stages, although I'd like to get it done. I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to excel, however this time I'm getting in over my head I think. Scenario: sheet 1 - basically a worksheet of formula, references and Data Sheet 2-4,5,6(not sure how many pages yet). basic Grid 12 columns 14 rows. Basically this is going to be used to track fantasy football draft boards and player rankings. Roughly, here's what I'm looking to do, over the ...

Symantec DLL and Outlook
After installing the new Symantec Anti-Virus Client 9.0 and rebooting, I now get the following meesage when first trying on open an email: The add-in "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "D:\Program Files\Symantec\vpmsece.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources or missing a .dll file. I have ran the repair with not luck. I have plenty of resources. Any idea why this is happening and how I can correct it? You need to renam...

Outlook Set Regarding Feature
When using Outlook to email contacts, we would like to record that communication against each account or Contact in CRM. We use the Track in CRM button and then select the 'Set Regarding' feature, however this 'Set Regarding' feature only allows us to assoicate the email to a single account or contact. Is it possible to select multiple accounts or contacts, or does this kind of email need to be generated via CRM and not Outlook. Many thanks Steve Hi, You can set regarding to multiple entities in CRM 4. Regards, Donna "Steve Le Monnier" wrote: > When...

excel invoise problem
Hi I am quite new to excel, and would like to use the invoice and the figures that are input, to go to a spreadsheet but I seem to be able to do it. Is it possible or am I on the wrong track and use a different program. Thanks in advance Sue Sue It's quite 'do-able' but depends on how complex you want to make it. It will almost certainly require some code but this could be simply recorded if necessary. You may wish to think about Access, which may be a better, more scaleable solution, but also needs a certain knowledge of that application to implement to. Post back ...

Outlook 2007 fault
Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should seem so inefficient!! thanks, Sam Sam, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 05:08:15 -0700: > Outlook 07 has dramatically slowed down and freezing my computer even after > archiving old emails. Cant work without running about 500k mailbox. Does > anyone have any solutions? Seems a bitstrange that a new programme should > seem so inefficient!! http:/...

Access to Excel
how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel Cap wrote: > how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel A bit more detail would be helpful - is this on a stand-alone machine, or on a network, and are you wanting to restrict access to the program or a workbook, or any combination of that? ...

Exchange 2000 Holding emails
We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 both are service packed etc. also on the 2000 server is Computer Associates etrust version 7 and GFI mail security & essentials. Our email is relayed to us from our ISP Last week one or two users reported that customers had sent emails but did not arrive?. checked the queue's, all okay, sent test messages to our ISP, test messages bounced back okay. looked at the system logs, nothing untoward .. kept an eye on the server all week and everything looked okay ... emails coming in and going out. Or so I thought. Monday morning, came in and f...

Excel header/footer cell reference
In Excel is it possible to put a cell referenc in a header or footer? Paddy With the use of VBA, yes. Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:08:03 -0800, "Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel is it possible to put a cell referenc in a header or footer? Via code? Yes. You can use the workbook_beforeprint event to modify the header. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Workshe...

not able to send email
When I try to send email i get this message: Please help The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'literacy' Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10013 Has this ever worked for you? If so, what has changed? Yahoo has not recommended that server for several years already. What type of Yahoo account do you have, free (US-based), free (other country than US), paid (Mail Plus), or a partnered account via one of = the=20 big ISPs (AT&T, Verizon, etc.)? Who is your IS...

How can I copy Word data into a merged cell in Excel?
I am trying to copy some text from a Word document into an Excel spreadsheet. I get an error message about "data not same shape" then I get an error message "cannot copy data into merged cell." I'm on Office 2002. Unmerge the cell and paste it into the upper leftmost of the cells that were merged, then merge again although I would strongly advice NOT using merged cells, sooner or later (sooner) they are bound to cause problems, it is pretty easy to get similar layout with center across selection etc Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Suzan Wild" wrote: > I ...

can you update a charts data range automatically in Excel?
In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into the spreadsheet. Calvin If your question is, can you change the data to update the charts, Yes. If not please clarify the question Thanks Vyenktesh "Cal@tech-etch" wrote: > In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data > range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into > the spreadsheet. > > Calvin Calvin - You can set up the charts to use dynamic range...

excel budget file locks
Does ayone have issues with the excel budget import wizard locking up the excel file after completion ? It is a nuissance for many of my clients and we have not resolved the issue. It seems to happen in terminal server sessions. -- Brian Connell Data Resolution Yes, we have the same issue. We have to initiate an Excel session from within GP (easiest way is to export something from SmartLists) and close the budget file to unlock it. This did not happen when we were running v7.5. It started after upgrading to v9.0. We run GP over Citrix. -- Elisabeth "Brian Connell" wrote...