OssieMac help with code.

Hi,

Thanks again for the code below.
Can you please provide one small alteration. I now need the users input that
is entered into the poup box to be copied into a cell on the same page. Ie if
the user chooses  1 then 1 is then displayed in cell A1. If they select All
then "All" is displayed in cell A1.

Cheers
Primed

Sub SetMatchingTableFilters()
Dim strHeader As String
Dim lngNumbTables As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim colNumber As Long
Dim rngHeader As Range
Dim varInitCriteria As Variant
Dim varInputs As Variant

'Edit "Project" to your header name to find
strHeader = "Project"

'Edit 8 to the number total number of tables to process
lngNumbTables = 8

Call UniqueArray

For i = LBound(validArray) To UBound(validArray)
  varInputs = varInputs & validArray(i) & ", "
Next i

varInputs = varInputs & "All"

'Do loop anly allows valid input.
Do
  varInitCriteria = Application.InputBox _
    (Prompt:="Enter the required project number." _
    & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Valid inputs " & varInputs, _
     Title:="Project Number")

     If varInitCriteria = False _
      Or Len(varInitCriteria) = 0 Then
    MsgBox "User Cancelled " & _
      "or did not make a selection." & vbCrLf & _
        vbCrLf & "Processing terminated."
    Exit Sub
  End If

Loop While InStr(1, UCase(varInputs), _
    UCase(varInitCriteria)) = 0

With ActiveSheet
    'Iterate through all tables and
    'find the header column number and
    'then set the filters
    For i = 1 To lngNumbTables

      'Find the column header name
      Set rngHeader = _
        .Range("Table" & i & "[#Headers]") _
        .Find(What:=strHeader, _
        LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
        LookAt:=xlWhole, _
        SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
        SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
        MatchCase:=False, _
        SearchFormat:=False)

      'If header name found then
      'set the column header number
      '(Column number in table is same
      'as filter number)
      If Not rngHeader Is Nothing Then
        colNumber = rngHeader.Column
      Else
        MsgBox "No column named " & _
            strHeader & " in Table" & i
        Exit Sub
      End If

      'Set the criteria for the filter number.
      'Simple filter with one selection.
      If UCase(varInitCriteria) = "ALL" Then
        .ListObjects("Table" & i) _
        .Range.AutoFilter Field:=colNumber
      Else
        .ListObjects("Table" & i) _
          .Range.AutoFilter Field:=colNumber, _
          Criteria1:=varInitCriteria
      End If
    Next i

End With
End Sub

Immediately after the following line
Loop While InStr(1, UCase(varInputs), _
    UCase(varInitCriteria)) = 0

insert the following line but edit "Sheet1" to your sheet name.

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A") = varInitCriteria

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"primed" wrote:

> [...]
>     For i = 1 To lngNumbTables
>
>       'Find the column header name
>       Set rngHeader = _
>         .Range("Table" & i & "[#Headers]") _
>         .Find(What:=strHeader, _
>         LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
>         LookAt:=xlWhole, _
>         SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
>         SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
>         MatchCase:=False, _
>         SearchFormat:=False)
>
>       'If header name found then
>       'set the column header number
>       '(Column number in table is same
>       'as filter number)
>       If Not rngHeader Is Nothing Then
>         colNumber = rngHeader.Column
>       Else
>         MsgBox "No column named " & _
>             strHeader & " in Table" & i
>         Exit Sub
>       End If
>
>       'Set the criteria for the filter number.

My apologies that should have been Range("A1") not A

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = varInitCriteria

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"OssieMac" wrote:

> [...]
> >     For i = 1 To lngNumbTables
> >
> >       'Find the column header name
> >       Set rngHeader = _
> >         .Range("Table" & i & "[#Headers]") _
> >         .Find(What:=strHeader, _
> >         LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
> >         LookAt:=xlWhole, _
> >         SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
> >         SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
> >         MatchCase:=False, _
> >         SearchFormat:=False)
> >
> >       'If header name found then
> >       'set the column header number
> >       '(Column number in table is same
> >       'as filter number)
> >       If Not rngHeader Is Nothing Then
> >         colNumber = rngHeader.Column
> >       Else
> >         MsgBox "No column named " & _
> >             strHeader & " in Table" & i
> >         Exit Sub
> >       End If
> >
> >       'Set the criteria for the filter number.

Cheers, I just had to change "A" to "A1"

"OssieMac" wrote:

> [...]
> >     For i = 1 To lngNumbTables
> >
> >       'Find the column header name
> >       Set rngHeader = _
> >         .Range("Table" & i & "[#Headers]") _
> >         .Find(What:=strHeader, _
> >         LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
> >         LookAt:=xlWhole, _
> >         SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
> >         SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
> >         MatchCase:=False, _
> >         SearchFormat:=False)
> >
> >       'If header name found then
> >       'set the column header number
> >       '(Column number in table is same
> >       'as filter number)
> >       If Not rngHeader Is Nothing Then
> >         colNumber = rngHeader.Column
> >       Else
> >         MsgBox "No column named " & _
> >             strHeader & " in Table" & i
> >         Exit Sub
> >       End If
> >
> >       'Set the criteria for the filter number.

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

Visual basic code with macros
I want to put a named variable into a Header or footer and be able to format the variable to get larger font. I can get the variable into the footer through macro code but not add the formatting code. Is this possible? Can anyone help? Thanks. I recorded a macro when I did it manually. This was the bit I kept: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterFooter = "&20asdfasdf" End With I could modify that to look like: Dim myStr As String myStr = "This is a test!" With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterFooter = "&20" &...

Media Center Code 4
Hey, Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a discusion to post under for Media center, while I could view discusions under a catagorie for Media Center. Weird, huh? I my guide download for Media Center wored fine until about a day ago. Then, It always gave me a error message "No Internet Connection: Code 4" Does anyone know what a code 4 is?!?!?!?!? Wow, this is REALLY the wrong place. You might want to try again. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Joseph" <Joseph@dis...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

Pivottable? Help!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C518D0.D78D19E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I would like to convert the table below to one that resembles the one at = the bottom... Anyone with any easy way to do this? Thanks! FROM THIS F1 F2 12345 VA7X 12345 40-5 12345 M5 =20 12345 CXT1 =20 12346 50-3 =20 12347 VM8X =20 12347 VM25C =20 TO THIS F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 12345 VA7X 40-5 M5 CXT1 12346 50-3 =20 12347 VM8X =20 12347 ...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

Machine code is printed in middle of Publisher document
When printed my Publisher document on my HP 895 cxi printer a line of machine code symbols appear across the ducment about 5mm wide. The text and graphics are all printed but are divided by the line of code HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange Characters or Blank or Partial Pages http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=59306&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "john salvo" <john salvo@discussions.micr...

Help: Lost custom macros and won't load personal.xls
Using Excel 2002 SP3 under XP-pro SP1. I used a system cleaner and in the process I lost my custom toolbar buttons with macros assigned. Additionally, when I launch Excel, it no longer loads 'personal.xls,' contained in Excel/Start. The buttons are easily replaced, but the macros are contained within a startup file that won't load. What to do? TIA, -- Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email) Ed Jay scribed: >Using Excel 2002 SP3 under XP-pro SP1. > >I used a system cleaner and in the process I lost my custom toolbar >buttons with macros assigned. Additional...

a template for medical billing cpt codes
a small independant medical practice looking for medical billing templates Randall, You really should invest in a real cpt4 program. The additional reimbursement from coding items that a decent system will give you will pay you back your investment 1000 fold. Not to mention the updates. Good Luck and HTH, Gary Brown "Randall Jones" <Randall Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2725DF9-9D5E-4CE4-BFDD-4BFA09F417C9@microsoft.com... >a small independant medical practice looking for medical billing templates Thank you Gary, I will follow your advic...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Excel Help.. PLEASE...
I am using M$ Excel that I got with Office XP... I am making a Rugby World Cup spreadsheet... With scores, tries scored, total points, and so on.... But I am stuck.... I am after a formula that works out that IF a team has scored 5 tries they get a bonus point, IF the team wins by more than 7 points they get a bonus point... Also one that works out that a team has won, and entering that into the Win column... I want it all to do that from when I enter the scores of the teams, and tries score... also, after a formula that works out from the quarter final results and the semi final teams,...

Question RE: Publisher
Several years ago my father purchaced (legally) publisher 98, and has had it on our family computer. Recently the computer needed to be replaced because it was to slow to function comfortably. We still have the origional publisher disc, booklet, but lack the box and serial number. Is there anyway in which we can retrieve this? or get a new #? Curtis, if you still have the old computer, try running BeLarc Advisor. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html It's free to individual users. On my system it tell me the serial number and keys of most of the software packages I have install...

Showing a form whilst code is running...
Hi I have a simple splash screen that I would like to display at the start of my project. Attached to the form_open routine is the following code [code] Option Compare Database Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) 'http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t6093.html Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Form.Visible = True TxtTime.Caption = 5 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 4 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 3 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 2 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 1 End Sub [/code] What this does is count down five seconds. Ea...

what is the code to close a file for a macro
I need to close a file in a macro but I am not sure how to do it. I could use the following but when I use this a pop up screen says do you want to save the changes to the file. I don't want to save the changes. Is there any code to use that will eliminate the pop up asking me to save the file. ActiveWindow.Close ---- Celia Worbooks("Book.xls").Close SaveChanges:=False -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Celia" <Celia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DDAB63-FAFE-4276-9EE7-0288AE465B4E@microsoft.com... >...

VBA Code to size forms when opening
Hello group, I have, what seems to me should be, a simple question but after much research I can not find an answer that works. I would like my Access 2003 forms to open at a certain height, width and position on the screen. I have not been able to successfully write an "On load" function that makes this consistently happen. Code I have tried to fix the issue includes; "me.width = XX, "me.detailheight = xx" I know that you can resize the form in design mode and then select save and the next time you open the form it will display those dimensions. However, after aw...

Code to export report to PDF automatically?
What DoCmd code can I use to export a report directly to PDF, optimized for printing, and have it prompt me for a new PDF name each time? Or if that is complicated, always print to the same PDF name and location? Does the end-user system need Acrobat installed for this to work? Do they need Access 2007? Thanks. Joseph, Have a look at... http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm I have used this to print reports to PDF. You can set this up to get the name of the report from a field on your form. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, i...

In need of help with Submit function in Publisher 2004
Could someone please help me with the following: I'm trying to do is redirect a "Submitted" form that a users would fill out in a Web page (by the way the web page was published using MS Publisher 2003), onto a folder either on the Web Server or another Server on the same network. This is needed so that the administrator (the person who will be receiving the form) can go to a folder on the network and retrieve them. My question is, within the design view of Publisher 2003 (.PUB), there is a "Submit" button that has been created. And in Publisher (design view) you can ...

Please Help! Lost all contacts from Windows Live Mail Desktop on W
A family member (who I been roped into free tech support for) has suddenly lost all his contacts from Windows Live Mail Desktop. He said one minute there all there, and an hour later he goes to send an email and they're all disappeared. All his emails and storage folders are still there. Only the contacts are missing. He's running Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Live Mail Desktop (Build 14.0.8089.0726). I've googled the issue but couldn't find an answer. He's stuff I've already tried: - He doesn't have a Windows Live account, so there's...

Help! What kind of checkboxes to use that will sort with rest of data
Good day: Could someone please tell me how to configure my checkboxes to move with a data sort. I need to link the checkbox results (true, false) using linked cell and have it shows todays date in a different cell. The date will not change if the file is opened on another day. unless unchecked and checked again. I try to sort my information but the checkboxes are not sorting with the data. I am not sure whether to use the Control Toolbox checkbox or form checkbox. I have tried both.. and neither seems to move when I sort... I can make it show todays date and all. main problem is that when I s...

Code to read email from Outlook
Anyone have code to read incoming email messages from ONE email address, or experience with the functionality in Access2007 to do this process. I have an upcoming project that will require this and I haven't looked into this area. Example: emails that are sent to support@blah.com are added to a table in the database (everytime the user presses a button or a timer starts a process). The "body" of the email goes into one field and the "from" email address goes into another field. Thanks, Mark ...

HELP! Service pack install to 2nd instance updated 1st instance!
I was attempting to install a second instance of GP on my workstation to run against our test server, which is at 9.0 SP4 (our production system is 9.0 SP2). When I ran the SP4 upgrade, to my chagrin it didn't ask what instance I wanted to upgrade, and to my horror it upgraded my production (default) instance - GREAT! Two questions: 1. Is there any way to easily back out that upgrade from my production instance? Can I just run Add/Remove Programs and remove it? (I haven't logged on to GP yet since I ran the SP upgrade). I could delete the CNK files, but I noticed it did a bun...

.pst folder help
I followed the information supplied below to move my outlook files to My Documents. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011124801033.aspx I followed everything to the T . Towards the end of the page,I am instructed to go to Control Panel - Mail and "Select the data file from the list and then click settings. When an error dialog appears etc etc...." well, the error dialog does NOT appear .... what could I be doing wrong now??? You can check my earlier posts below entitled .pst folder help - thanks! It would help if you state exactly what you did since these instruct...

help need to total a months worth of worksheets into one report
everyday I enter the cheques we receive and all the relevant info about the including what department bill it was to pay I need to find a way create a Totals for the month" sheet, table, something but I want it to be updated as I add the info to the daily worksheets any suggestions? Instead of creating a separate worksheet for each day, store all the data on one worksheet, and include a column for the date. Then, use Data>Filter>AutoFilter to view the data for a specific day, and use a pivot table to summarize the data. Create a dynamic named range on the input sheet, and b...