Need VBA Code to Select text boxes in spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) of data copied from a web page that has
critical data contained in a column of 400 text boxes.  I need to remove the
text boxes from the spreadsheet, but retain the data.  So far, I have been
able to address the text boxes one at a time from VBA and extract the data,
but I need to know how to address them from within the code.  The text boxes
are named HTMLText1 through HTMLText400.  I can generate the names using a
For loop, but using them to address the text boxes stumps me.

     Dim strThisBoxName As String
     Dim intValue As Integer
     Dim g As Integer

     For g = 1 To 1
         strThisBoxName = "HTMLText" & g
         intValue = [strThisBoxName].Value
         Cells(g, "L").Value = intValue
     Next g

returns an Invalid Qualifier error on the intValue = ... line.

    Dim thisbox As textbox
    Dim strThisBoxName As String
    Dim intValue As Integer
    Dim g As Integer

    For g = 1 To 1
        strThisBoxName = "HTMLText" & g
        Set thisbox = Me.[strThisBoxName]
        intValue = thisbox.Value
        Cells(g, "L").Value = intValue
    Next g

returns a "Needs Object" error on the Set thisbox... line.

I hope from the code, someone can see what I am trying to do and supply the
correct syntax to accomplish it.

Thank you in advance.

I imagine your textboxes may be activex controls, in which case this should
work:

    For g = 1 To 400
        Cells(g, "L").Value = _
          ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("HTMLText" & g).Object.Text
    Next g

If somehow they were Shapes on your sheet, this should do it:

    Dim g As Long
    Dim myShp As Shape
    Dim CharCount As Long

    For g = 1 To 1
        Set myShp = ActiveSheet.Shapes("HTMLText" & n)
        CharCount = shp.TextFrame.Characters.Count
        Cells(g, "L").Value = shp.TextFrame.Characters(1, CharCount).Text
    Next g

    Set myShp = Nothing

"Jaded in Cali" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) of data copied from a web page that has
> critical data contained in a column of 400 text boxes.  I need to remove the
> text boxes from the spreadsheet, but retain the data.  So far, I have been
> able to address the text boxes one at a time from VBA and extract the data,
> but I need to know how to address them from within the code.  The text boxes
> are named HTMLText1 through HTMLText400.  I can generate the names using a
> For loop, but using them to address the text boxes stumps me.
>
>      Dim strThisBoxName As String
>      Dim intValue As Integer
>      Dim g As Integer
>
>      For g = 1 To 1
>          strThisBoxName = "HTMLText" & g
>          intValue = [strThisBoxName].Value
>          Cells(g, "L").Value = intValue
>      Next g
>
> returns an Invalid Qualifier error on the intValue = ... line.
>
>     Dim thisbox As textbox
>     Dim strThisBoxName As String
>     Dim intValue As Integer
>     Dim g As Integer
>
>     For g = 1 To 1
>         strThisBoxName = "HTMLText" & g
>         Set thisbox = Me.[strThisBoxName]
>         intValue = thisbox.Value
>         Cells(g, "L").Value = intValue
>     Next g
>
> returns a "Needs Object" error on the Set thisbox... line.
>
> I hope from the code, someone can see what I am trying to do and supply the
> correct syntax to accomplish it.
>
> Thank you in advance.
Neither of those strategies worked.  The OLE version returned an error: OLE
Object not found.  The ActiveX version returned a similar error.

Clicking on Properties for the boxes, they are listed as HTMLText objects.
Visual Basic allowed me to Dim the ThisBox variable as "HTMLText" and
provides a HTMLText.value property, but I could not figure out how to address
the boxes using the loop variable.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

How to select series in chart?

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

code examples for BITS
Hi, I am looking for sample codes for programming background intelligent transfer service..I was able to see sample code in .NET, but I'm specifically looking for VC++ 6.0 (command-line application).Please help me.. Thanks, NKH ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

OLK 2k7

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Need HELP! for Linking data

parameter for text

compact database in VBA access 2007

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

Need to add to current formula

Getting rid of selection

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

MS Access 2007 code not running