Need help to read Pie Chart Series Range

Excel 2003, I have an existing Pie Chart and want to extract the Ranges
(cells) used.
My code below returns with a "Type mismatch" error.

Sub GetPieChartSeries()
  Dim mySeries As Series

  ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate
  Set mySeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1)

  Debug.Print mySeries.XValues    (errors here)
  Debug.Print mySeries.Values

End Sub

Thanks,
- Pat

Need Help w/ Weighted Averaging
I now want to utilize Weighted Averaging. Please find some example data below: &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 1 0.067 2 0.133 3 0.200 4 0.267 5 0.333 ----------- 15 1.000 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& The result of A6 = Sum of A1:A5 (or 15) The results of B1 to B5 are: B1 = A1/A6 (or 0.067); B2 = A2/A6 (or 0.133); B3 = A3/A6 (or 0.200), etc. The result of B6 = Sum of B1:B6 (or 1.000) Now, here's what I'm trying to achieve: - Alt...

concatenate help
Hello, I am having issues with the CONCATENATE function. I am entering it correctly, and it is equaling the correct values. However, when I try to drag the cell down, it is just copying the same cell over and over as opposed to putting the correct value in the cell. Am I being clear? Please help. I have a list due tomorrow that will take a whole lot more time to finish if I can't get this function to work. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

SMS 2003 report help
I have no idea how to do this, but hopefully someone out there can help. Running SMS 2003 and I have the two reports below that I would like to combine with a change. I would like to be able to see the username and time of day usage for each user hit, not just the last usage along with everything in that first report. I would also like to just pull all the data for all games and all dates instead of having to specify. We aren't that big that I need to cut this list down. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for any help! Mark "Users that have run a specific metered s...

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

Need Help with Report
I have a main from and subform. Main form looks up a doctor and the subform lists the doctor's patients. On the main form there are command buttons to print specific report for these patients. However, when I click on report the report comes up with only 4 out of the 5 paitients. It does not pick up the first patient. Everything else works fine except that one. This is my code for the report. I do have requery in my main form. Even after I requery, it will no show all 5 patients. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me with this. Thank you. Private Sub ADOLVC_Click...

XmlNode and read as BinHex
Hi, I'm processing a document using XmlDocument and I have an XmlNode whose value is stored as a binhex encoded string... How can I get this string converted back to a byte[]... XmlConvert has some internal methods but is there no public .net framework classes or methods that will do this... Thanks Donal Hi Donal, You can use a static method XmlConvert.FromBinHexString to convert the BinHex encoded string to byte[]. You can check the following link for more information on this method. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/ frlrfsystem...

unknown range
I want to write a macro that selects a range that starts in A3 and ends in Jsomewhere. Is it possible to refer to an unknown cell in an known column? It might be nice to know what determines the "unknown" cell. =offset($a$3,0,0,counta($J:$J),10) could be a defined name range to find the last cell in J based on data in J -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "fanny" <f.klompsma@chello.nl> wrote in message news:76373$45b0fa73$3ea35143$7359@news.chello.nl... >I want to write a macro that selects a range that starts in A3 and ends in >J...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Read receipt #12
When I "request a read receipt for this message" does this option only work with M/S Outlook? or can it work with other mail softwares? -- Thank-you Carl R It depends on the other mail programs, which you did not specify. Remember as well, recipients may have the option to decline sending a RR, which is my default action. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Carl R asked: | When I "request a read re...

i need to have more text options in a running writting font
I have to format a logo from a hand written sign. The text "Script MT Bold" is quite acceptable but the 'f' needs to have a loop on the bottom not on the top. The dot above the 'i' needs to be round not square. Is there any way I can develop the text that I need or change the actual letters? I have done the work in 2003 Publisher. I use Brush Script MT and the letters are properly portrayed. The loop for the "f" is on the bottom and the dot over the "i" looks rounds. If I can be of help, send me a note to: dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com -...

format a timesheet it adds the hrs but need a negative for flex
I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the format to add the hrs for the day and the total for the week but when the overtime adds on to the flex it want give me a negative it just comes up with ######## can you please help thanks One way to show negative dates/times in excel is to use the 1904 date system. Tools|Options|Calculation tab Be aware that any dates in your worksheet will change by 4 years and a day. But if you're adding hours, how do you get a negative value? juls kartinyeri wrote: > > I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

Help identifying virus
I get an email. Almost instantly another email "arrives" with the same subject but containing the following text: --- begin quote Hello How are you doing recently? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew. Their website is www.ebakm.com They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need,like Laptops ,GPS ,TV LCD,Cell Phones,PS3,MP3/4,Watch etc........ Please take some time to have a check ,there must be something you 'd like to purchase . Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company ! Best Regar...

Batch Naming of ranges
Dear all, There are 80 sheets in my workbook. I want to name the ranges A1:B20 with systematic names in these 80 sheets, say, student_01 for Sheet1!A1:B20, student_02 for Sheet2!A1:B20, ..., student_80 for Sheet80!A1:B20. Can I name these ranges easily? Thanks. Best Regards, Andy Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 80 Worksheets("Sheet" & i).Range("A1:B20").Name = "student_" & Format(i, "00") Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Andy Chan" <chankhandy-msnewsgroup...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Help Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :-(
hello im new, my names Gary an im from coventry in england :-) im doing A(s)-Level ICT and currently working on a spreadsheet desig for a business including order forms customer database etc. the classi a-level ict project basically. I have a catalogue page with the products and the cutomer chooses th size of the product and how many they want etc. i want to create button that the uer clicks that then inserrts this data they hav chosen into the next available space on the order form worksheet, ho would i do this? i probably sound really stupid :confused: but i would really help me if you c...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...

pie chart areas reflect magnitude
I want to show several pie charts all on the same scale. Example: chart 1 values total to 10, chart 2 values total to 100. So chart 1 is scaled so its area=10, and chart 2 is scaled beside it so its area=100. That would show not only the values of the parts in each pie chart, but the comparison in magnitude between charts 1 and 2. In this example, chart 2 is a much greater value, and therefore bigger pie chart. How can I do that? I tried it with bar charts, could not find what I wanted there, either. At best this will produce a set of cartoons which is semi-qualitative and non-qu...

Excel range truncates when Pasted as Picture to PPT & Word
Hi... I have been trying to copy an Excel Spreadsheet into PPT, but have had problems. In order to solve it, I created new .xls and .ppt files to create a test, but got the same problems... The following steps recreate the problem: 1) In a blank spreadsheet, I placed a single number in each cell, starting at A1 and going across to AS, until there are 1 through 45 across. Format them in some way... say Red text with an underline. 2) Set the width of all the columns to 2.00 (0.11 inches). 3) Select A1:AS 4) Copy (or Add to Scrapbook) -- The result is the same with both. 5) From Scrapb...

Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts
I have a workbook with six worksheets in 3 pairs. Each pair contains a 'detailed data' worksheet and a 'summary' worksheet. The summary worksheet summarizes data from the detailed data. The summary worksheet also has a chart based on the data summary. The problem is that the Excel charts do not display unless I click on the shaded area where the charts should appear. Once the chart is visible, if I click outside the area, the chart disappears and is replaced by a shaded area. I started experiencing this problem when I shared the workbook with my colleagues. Now I do no...

Command Button
I would appreciate any help with this. I have a command button on my main form that when you click on it it will take you to the main switchboard and the reports page. This is the what I have now. My Switchboard has two pages. Page one has forms and button to go to the second page which lists reports. This only takes me to the main switchboard. If I type [SwitchboardID] is says there is no such field. I want the command button to take me to the second page of the switchboard and open reports. This is the info in the switchboard table for Reports. SwitchboardID = 2; ItemNumber =...

Need enumeration of Federal Government departments and agencies
I've been searching for any federal guidelines or existing XML schema which defines a list of agreed-upon enumerations for all the departments and agencies of the government. I'm new to XML but from what I've gathered so far it strikes me that this has probably already been addressed somewhere in the e-Govt initiatives, yet I've been unable to find it. I need valid strings to identify "Agency" or "Dept" for an XML file so perhaps enumerations are not the way this is handled. In that case, is there alternative guidance? Ideally, it would have something lik...