Named Ranges on different sheets

Does anyone know how to assign a named range to two seperate ranges on two
seperate sheets?

Assigned Names is a workbook object and not a sheet object.  What I
sometimes do is to strip off the sheet name form the named object so I
can use the object on more than one sheet.

You are trying to use the same name on two different sheet which can't
be done.  What can be done is to use a cell data to identify where a
table starts.  What some people do is to put on the worksheet something
like "Yearly Expense".  Then use FIND to locate the cell where "Yearly
Expense" is located to find the beginning of a range of cells.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel

How to determine difference?
If I have a cell that is 100 and another cell in which I want to demonstrate the difference - how do I set this up? The problem is that at the moment if I use a simple a1-b1 I get a negative number if b is larger. What I want is it to indicate the change as a +/-. So if A is 100 and B is 105, I would like to cell to indicate 5. If B is 95 - then -5 - does this make sense? Any help is MUCH appreciated. one way: =B1-A1 In article <10v0ggoi91s4c57@corp.supernews.com>, "Fionavar" <fionavarXXX@perlucidus.XXX.net> wrote: > If I have a cell that is 100 and an...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Moving data between Excel sheets
"I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into this field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to avoid duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way to achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's. Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Suggest you send this to the programming newsgroup...

List of Differences Between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003
I need to spend 45 minutes introducing Outlook 2003 to my Outlook 2000 users. Can anyone provide a site with a succinct list (screenshots would help) of differences between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003? Many thanks. Tom Are you looking for screenshots of Outlook 2003 or ones comparing OL2000 and 2003? Wouldn't you be a more convincing teacher if used both and took the screenshots yourself? This would help you learn and understand the products better. (Vmware or virtual pc make this really easy and you could show them the differences live. :)) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

keyboard events for different CWnds
We know that BOOL CTestDialog::PreTranslateMessage(MSG *pMsg) can be used to capture keyboard inputs for some dialog class CTestDialog and in general any window. But consider this.. If I have a MDI application and therein certain Key strokes 'belong' to the mainframe and others to the child frame and perhaps certain others to some other pane or whatever, what is the best way to implement this? For instance, Ctrl+S saves a file in many apps (message goes to MainFrame) and Ctrl+C copies content in the child window (message goes to ChildFrame). What If I want customized key presses for...

What is the difference
What is the difference between IIF condition and IF condition ? "Kutty" <Kutty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46A1B86F-2002-4548-916D-01E0B3F2C602@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between IIF condition and IF condition ? IIf() is a function that can be used directly in a query or control source. If is used in VBA code only. Unless you are thinking of the If() function from Excel in which case that does not apply to Access at all. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com On Feb ...

name appearing in the outgoing mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name still shows up. Any suggestions? <br> Thanks. On 2010-05-04 16:45:26 -0400, Bila@officeformac.com said: > I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up > in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name > still shows up. Any suggestions? Well if you have indeed changed the name prop...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

2 different domains/1 exchange server
Hi. I'm currently running E2k03 SP1 as my mail server in our network. Recently another company move in our building (same owner) and both company are sharing network infrastructure. Each company has a different AD domains and this domains are not related in any ways (trust relationship). Is there any way that I can provide mail services to the new neighbors without trusting the domains or using pop3? -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera MIS/Lan Manager ...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

time sheet template available
I am looking for a bi-weekly time sheet template (or weekly). Having problems with excel correctly computing total times (works great for one day). bsydnes, heres one, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "bsydnes" <bsydnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA5250B0-8F92-41BB-BB5C-04F085C009F2@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a bi-weekly time...

Calculate data on 2 different worksheets
I have a very large workbook and for efficiency reasons I have calculation set to manual. I need to calculate 2 different worksheets, but because they refer to each other, I have to calculate them a couple of times to make all of the formulas update correctly. I've tried naming a single range: Range3 = range1,range2 then I use Range("Range3").calculate but the result if only one iteration thru the formulas and the final result still needs one more calculation. Short of putting all the data on one sheet, is there anyway I can insure 2 separate worksheets are completel...

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always calculate the current 5 column range. Wendy Akers wrote: > I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always > calculate the current 5 column range. > > Add a column WHERE? What "formula"? Where is the "current 5 column range"? Hi, Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average =AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3:J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,...

I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet
I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) not .3 (39.3 hours) What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com... >I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) > not .3 (39.3 hours) try =MROUND(F2,0.5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.c...

Combine different checkbooks information into one safe pay file
Client has two checkbooks with the same account number. Both checkbooks are included in one upload. In the upload file, a header record is created for each checkbook and the client has to manually delete the second header. The first header is required by the bank; is there a way to suppress the creation of the second header so the client doesn't have to manually edit each upload to remove it? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Exchange 2003 with wrong domain name
I was hoping someone could give me some advice on an issue we are having. We have an Exchange 2003 and DC(Windows 2003 Server) server behind a Cisco PIX 506e router. Everything works great, however the company that installed the servers for us, named our domain wrong. So our root domain is not correct. However, this has never been a problem until now. Now more and more companies are using some type of reverse lookup to make sure the domain name matches up with the IP address. Well, since our domain name was named wrong, the external address of our firewall, does not match our domain name. ...

Weighted Avg
I maintain a spreadsheet for a telephone hotline. We track total number of calls received (column F) as well as average time to answer the call (column J). To analyze the month's average time to answer, I use the following weighted average formula: SUMPRODUCT (J5:J26,F5:F26)/SUM(F5:26). I have 2 questions relating to this: 1) Is the above formula correct to determine the average speed to answer? I've assumed the weights to be the total number of calls received. 2) I have a different spreadsheet for each month (Jan, Feb, etc.). How can I properly show the weighted average as...

MS Excel expense sheet password lost
Hello. i'm trying to edit the a ms excel expense statement/re-imbursement template. unfortunately, it's password protected (and nobody at work knows what it is). does anyone know of a program that can crack an ms excel password or know a way of over coming this problem? all i want to do is duplicate, re-arrange, and rename the sheets. wil. Hi Wil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for information Cheers JulieD "Wil" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9622D5640ED93nospamnospamcom@207.46.248.16... > Hello. i'm trying ...

Misplacement of objects on a sheet
In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000), objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82. Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of buttons. You can click any of the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to that worksheet. The current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the example). In the "Incorrect" example, notic...

Extra/incorrect names in "To" address drop-down list
After you have sent emails to recipients, Windows Mail "remembers" the names/email addresses. Unfortunately, if you send an email using an incorrectly typed email address it remembers it also. Therefore, when you type the first letter of the recipient you are sending a message, both the incorrect and correct address appears, which can be troublesome if the incorrect address is not apparent. How do you remove the incorrect address from the drop-down? Thanks in advance. "lawdog1881" <lawdog1881@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C561E...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not ...