Move to match cells - 25107

            A                B             C          D             E

 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007
 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004
 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006
 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008
 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007
 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004
 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001
 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006
 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002
10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998
11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-4 2004
12 000801091-7 009601105-2 2007 000801105-7 2007
13 000801095-1 009601106-3 2002 000801106-8 2002
14 000801097-3 009601110-6 2001 000801110-1 2001
15 000801097-3 009601111-7 2003 000801111-2 2003
16 000801097-3 009601112-8 2004 000801112-3 2004
17 000801097-3 009601113-9 1998 000801113-4 1998

D6 matches A7 so I want to move cells B6 thru E6 to row 7.
D7 matches A9 so I want to move cells B7 thru E7 to row 9
D8 matches A10 so I want to move cells B8 thru E8 to row 10.
etc.

How can I do that?

0
gcotterl

Move Outlook data to another computer
Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J.J asked: | Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook | 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. ...

Moving Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Greetings! <br> My Inbox has 142 messages. (I just started a new account, imported mail from other Squirrel Mail, and didn't know about storage limits.) Entourage is moving sloooowly, takes forever to delete a message, download messages, and now the send button will not even highlight for me to send a replied to message. <br><br>So now I want to move those 142 messages to a folder on my hard drive and then delete the messages from my Entourage mailbox. How do I do this? &l...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

cannot match
Hi all , When i double click the excel file cannot open , but when i open excel application after open the file can work , how can i solve , thx Stanley > When i double click the excel file cannot open , but when i open > excel application after open the file can work , how can i solve , thx > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip076.htm The tip: Double-clicking an Excel file does not work -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini Hi Try Tools / Options / General and deselect 'Ignore other apllications' -- Andy. "Stanley" ...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

MATCH INDEX MIN and 2nd MIN
I have 8 suppliers with their prices listed in columns beneath their names. With the help of many in here, I can achieve finding out who is the minimum supplier and who is the 2nd minimum supplier. Suppose all the suppliers are listed in columns D to K and some suppliers haven't quoted for all parts listed and in certain sections I have 2 suppliers that did not submit prices for any parts and have zero values right down their list of prices. To obtain the minimum supplier, I have used the following formula =INDEX($D$1:$K$1,1,MATCH(V2,$D$2:$K$2,0)) where V2 contains the minimum val...

lookup and match from another excel file
Curious if someone can help. I have a dispatch log that I made for m company, I would like to set up a payroll system that will automaticl pull all rows that meet a certain name and date range. and put it o another new sheet for that weeks payroll if anyone has some ideas le me know, I can post an example of my dispatch log if needed. Thanks Sorry Sort of newb to this. Actually here is the file, I have macros on it for sorting Attachment filename: new daily log.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63792 -- Message posted from ht...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

Moving OE msgs to win 7 WLM?
Moving msgs and multiple subfolders from OE (current) to new Win 7 Home Premium machine. Had to do this once before and had bigtime troubles! Want to do it right this time. Can someone point me in the right direction? -- Thanks for viewing... Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you ...

All Columns are not to move
How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? -- Roger On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns are "moving"? How? John W. Vinson [MVP] Good evening John, I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor to any other cell and scroll to the rig...

Moving Range Problem
Hi all, I'm trying to build a 6 Sigma control chart into an excel workbook. In order to do this i need to be able to work out a formula for the moving range. I need the following : Eg Data sample : 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 The moving range is the distance from second to the first, third to the second etc eg A B C D E F Data Sample 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 Moving Range 215, 175 , 50 , 100 , 20 The problem I'm having is trying to get excel to work it out. If say 210 was in A1 i ...

How to get total "conditional sum of cells" in a column?
Hi all, I have dollar amounts in one col, and status in another. I want the sum of those dollar amounts where the corresponding status cell is empty (blank). How do I do this? Thanks for any hints, cdj Status in Column A and dollar amounts in Column B: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="")*B2:B100) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bc08584b-1338-4b3f-8ab3-cc3e1602e581@n1g2000prb.go...

How to only "paste values" of cells that are not "hidden"?
Hello, In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another Excel document. How can I do that? When I select columns A and C, copy and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead of just columns A and C. Thank you! Don't drag-select, control-click A and then C, for scattered-selection. Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:33:01 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, &g...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Rule not matching "from" field
I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field. Sometimes I get mail like this: From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com] I want to match "bill@somedomain.com". I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in the brackets. Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote: &...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Scrolling through cells
I'm having trouble scrolling through the cells using the arrows. When I was typing in a cell I used to be able to press one of the arrow keys and it would automatically go to the next cell. Now when I press the arrow key is sticks the next cell in as part of a formula. I'm not sure what's happened to change this. Can anyone help???? thanks :) You are probably in Extend mode. This happens when you press F8. It shows "EXT" in the Status bar (to the right) Press F8 again to deactivate this. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "alice" &l...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

Highlight changes within cell
Good morning! Using Excel 2003 I need to highlight the changes I’m making within a cell. For example: In cell B2, is the customer’s original order quantity of 200. I revise it to show 225 and I’d like the cell to be highlighted in yellow. I can then copy and paste the info into an email to show the customer which items have been revised. I’ve tried using Track Changes, but it seems that I have to click on the Track Changes button each time I open the workbook. It also doesn’t keep the revision highlighted for a copy and paste. I have 20+ worksheets within the workbook an...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...

Bug? Multiple values in merged cells
I found that merged cells can contain multiple values. Steps to reproduce: Type 1,2,3,4 in a1:d1 type sum(a1:d1) in e1 Select a1:b1 and merge Warning : MultipleData, overwrite? Say yes to merge Select the merged a1:b1 cells Copy Select c1 PasteSpecial Formats No warning.. no overwrite. c1:d1 are now merged BUT d1 still contains a value... and the SUM of a1:d1 = 8 !! Also happens with FormatPainter etc Behaviour observed in xl97,xlXP and xl2003 Error checking will find no fault in the sheet... and you can spend ages to find out WHY your cross sums dont match! (although now that i fou...

Find Blank Cells
I wish to replace the blank cells in a large database with a zero (0). I cannot figure out how to find a blank cell using the Find and Replace option under the Edit menu. Can anyone show me the way? Hi Peter, I always use CTRL+H to bring up the find and replace menu, leave the fine part empty, and put in what you want to replace it with....however, I do notice you say in a "database"? Do you mean in Access?? Dave M. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...