Menu Maker and Excel 2007

Hi all

I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much
modification to work with the QAT.  Is there a similar method for
building a custom Ribbon tab or group?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia
0
Paul

Hi,

Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007.
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much
> modification to work with the QAT.  Is there a similar method for
> building a custom Ribbon tab or group?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Paul Martin
> Melbourne, Australia

0
Andy
12/7/2009 10:02:50 AM
Ron de Bruin has lots of info, too:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm  -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Paul
0
Paul
12/7/2009 9:29:18 PM
Look again.

Ron has lots of instructions for modifying the ribbon, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Paul
0
Paul
12/7/2009 10:21:20 PM
See also Andy's add-in
http://www.andypope.info/vba/ribboneditor.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33db8cbf-6997-4c31-8a70-0a2ce4397949@p8g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks, Dave, but I'm looking not just at modifying the Ribbon, but
> building some sort of Walkenbach-like Menu Maker.  I see that Mike's
> Custom_UI_Builder is a little crude, but does the trick.  It looks
> like a good starting point.
>
> Paul
0
Ron
12/7/2009 10:31:33 PM
Thanks Ron.  Both your's and Andy's work and resources have been
invaluable for me.  I've been using Andy's Add-In, but that's not the
solution I'm seeking.

FWIW, I've been modifying Mike's code to get XML closer to what one
expects, using line breaks and tabs, and replace single quotation
marks with doubles, etc.  I don't have much time to explore this
further at present, but I am reasonably happy with this.

Regards

Paul

0
Paul

Duplicate entries in excel spreadsheet
I have lists of attendees to an annual event. I've taken the lists and combined them, and sorted them by first and last name alpha. I want to keep the names and corresponding collumns for those that attended my event more than once and dump the rest. Is there a way to sort them quickly as i have over 15,000 names. Cheers! I'd insert two new columns before the list, say A and B. In the first data row in B, say B2, I'd enter a formula that combines the first and last names to create a field the uniquely identifies each record: =C2&D2 and copy it down to all records. N...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Corrupt inbox in Outlook 2007?
Very frequently, I'm in my Inbox and I see new mail has come in. On the mail folders to the left, I see the unread emails number continue to count but the messages don't show up. The only way to get them to show up is by clicking out of the Inbox to another folder and then clicking back on the Inbox. Whenever this happens, I also get error messages on startup telling me that outlook didn't close successfully last time. Any thoughts on either? Regards, Mark What OS are you using? This was a common problem using the Windows = Firewall in Windows XP SP-2. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

Quotes in money 2007 stopped working
Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine stopped about 10 am. JC Same here JC. -Kevin "JC" <handccomputers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1DC73822-FBAB-4E77-BC7B-F5B7556A4876@microsoft.com... > Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine > stopped about 10 am. > > JC ...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Word 2007
I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking advantage of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer open the 07 documents in 03. Please advise what I should look for as a potential problem? Kelli "Kelli" <Kelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329F6A40-4349-40A3-B495-48850535EE66@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to open Word 2007 documents in Word 2003, taking >advantage > of the compatability pack. It is still installed, but I can no longer > open > the 07 documents in 03. &g...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

Shifting my Office SB 2007 MLK OEM Software on another computer
Hello, I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM Software License. I want to format that PC because I have some OS issue. How can I De-Active that license? can I use that License key after format that PC? Thanks & Regards, Hitesh Prajapati "Hitehs Prajapati" <Hitehs Prajapati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133EC1A-50F6-43CD-986A-71AD8E0320FB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM > Software License. > > I want...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

'Save As' hangs Excel XP 2002 SP3
I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be copied to the Network Share. Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine. ...

Default Menu Bar
I would like to hide or disable the MS Access Menu Bar for people who open the database to enter forms.The menu bar that contains File / Edit/Insert/Records/Window/Help. I was able to disable the max-min buttons etc.. but this is the only remaining menu I can't seem to disable. I don't have a custom menu bar , so using startup will not work for me.. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 You most certainly can, and should hide all of the ms-access interface. The options to complete hide and kee...

Frontpage required during Office 2007 in Vista
I have successfully installed MS Office 2007 Enterprise on Vista. When I opened MS Word files, everything looks fine. Typing in other language (Korean) forced MS Office to look up FrontPage and got an error message saying "Insert Windos Office XP Professional with FrontPage" I could not find FrontPage in the CD and could not resolve the problem yet. Welcome any idea of how to fix it, Thanks, Suggest you post to an Office or Word newsgroup or Forum - from your description the error may mention FrontPage, but has nothing to do with that program. No version of Offic...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Excel combinations from groups
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...

[Announce] Stylus Studio 2007 Reviewed by CRN Magazine
[Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, Stylus Studio ( http://www.stylusstudio.com ) was reviewed in CRN Magazine. You can read the article entitled "Create Powerful XML Solutions Without Coding" at: http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml?articleId=193200228 In the article, CRN describes the program by saying, "There is little need to write code from scratch in Stylus Studio," referring to the new XML Pipeline ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml/pipeline.html ) and XML Publishing tools ( http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml/publishing.html ) that are ...

Need to up date refereences from Ofice 2002 to 2007
I had vs2008 and Office 2000 or maybe 2002 installed. I rebuilt my system and installed Office 2007 instead. Now when I try to compile I get the errors shown below. I guess I need to add a couple of references and do see many for Office but can't identify the ones I need. I also hav a sneaking suppesion it's not that simple. Can you help get this fixes? Warning 1 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Core' could not be found. Warning 2 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word' could not be found. Warning 3 The referenced...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

newbie to SQL trying to do a report in Excel
I have a SQL query I want to write to pull data to add weely node utilization percentages. The db is area--->headend--->router--->routerports--->transmitter--->nodes--->nodeNames also node--->utilization (utilization:nodeID, %, date) (nodes(nodeID:transmitterID, date created parentnodename) (NOdeNames:nodenamesID,NodeID) in my excel report I want to add a new column showing the node data for each week. Can I get the percentages from SQL into a text file then import into Excel showin...

Exclusion dictionary for excel 2003
Hi all, is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? Thanks, Try this http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ExcludeWordFromDic.htm Raul Queiroga wrote: > Hi all, > is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? > > Thanks, ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...