Macros disabled, not by security settings?

Good morning all,

Using Excel 2K7.

I have a workbook with a bunch of forms and code in it. When opening this 
workbook, the macros are disabled by default (no warning). The Macro Security 
Settings are currently set to "Enable All" and other workbooks allow macros 
to run. 

When selecting the macros dialogue box (with the Run/Edit/Step Into etc 
options) the macros in the workbook show their "full" name (e.g. including 
workbook name, module & macro name). Attempting to run results in the error 
message "Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled.." and 
advises me to change the security level. Everything I see against this 
workbook is what I would normally see if I had the security settings set to 
Disable All Without Warning.
I have tried changing the security settings to Disable All and then back to 
Enable All, and it doesn't resolve the matter.

Just to make things even more interesting, if I open a different workbook 
with code in it, even in the same instance of the Excel Application that has 
the problem wb open in it, macros are enabled in the second workbook, but 
remain disabled in the problem wb!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received...
0
Utf
1/15/2010 10:29:01 AM
excel.programming 6508 articles. 2 followers. Follow

9 Replies
3666 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

SOLVED:

Using a Windows 7 / Office 2K7 combination, if the workbook is 
password-protected, the file cannot (apparently) be scanned to confirm that 
the code is "safe". Therefore it's prevented from running. Solution? 
Unprotect the wb, code runs fine, exactly as it should. Also works fine if 
protected write access only, in both read and write modes.

Significantly less than ideal, to say the least. If anyone has any other 
suggestions on this, I would be profoundly grateful to hear them. It would be 
nice to use both the password feature and code...!

Cheers,
DS


"DS" wrote:

> Good morning all,
> 
> Using Excel 2K7.
> 
> I have a workbook with a bunch of forms and code in it. When opening this 
> workbook, the macros are disabled by default (no warning). The Macro Security 
> Settings are currently set to "Enable All" and other workbooks allow macros 
> to run. 
> 
> When selecting the macros dialogue box (with the Run/Edit/Step Into etc 
> options) the macros in the workbook show their "full" name (e.g. including 
> workbook name, module & macro name). Attempting to run results in the error 
> message "Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled.." and 
> advises me to change the security level. Everything I see against this 
> workbook is what I would normally see if I had the security settings set to 
> Disable All Without Warning.
> I have tried changing the security settings to Disable All and then back to 
> Enable All, and it doesn't resolve the matter.
> 
> Just to make things even more interesting, if I open a different workbook 
> with code in it, even in the same instance of the Excel Application that has 
> the problem wb open in it, macros are enabled in the second workbook, but 
> remain disabled in the problem wb!
> 
> Any suggestions would be gratefully received...
0
Utf
1/15/2010 11:03:04 AM
Two things to try

1) See if there are any Class modules.
2) Search for the error message in VBA and check the option to look in
entire Project (default is current module).


-- 
joel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=170364

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
joel
1/15/2010 11:08:13 AM
DS wrote:
> SOLVED:
> 
> Using a Windows 7 / Office 2K7 combination, if the workbook is 
> password-protected, the file cannot (apparently) be scanned to confirm that 
> the code is "safe". Therefore it's prevented from running. Solution? 
> Unprotect the wb, code runs fine, exactly as it should. Also works fine if 
> protected write access only, in both read and write modes.

It can't be that. I have a number of generic spreadsheets that will run 
on any version of Excel and all are password protected. You may have to 
put them in a trusted location and adjust trust centre settings 
accordingly, but XL2007 will permit password protected macros to run.

Regards,
Martin Brown
> 
> Significantly less than ideal, to say the least. If anyone has any other 
> suggestions on this, I would be profoundly grateful to hear them. It would be 
> nice to use both the password feature and code...!
> 
> Cheers,
> DS
> 
> 
> "DS" wrote:
> 
>> Good morning all,
>>
>> Using Excel 2K7.
>>
>> I have a workbook with a bunch of forms and code in it. When opening this 
>> workbook, the macros are disabled by default (no warning). The Macro Security 
>> Settings are currently set to "Enable All" and other workbooks allow macros 
>> to run. 
>>
>> When selecting the macros dialogue box (with the Run/Edit/Step Into etc 
>> options) the macros in the workbook show their "full" name (e.g. including 
>> workbook name, module & macro name). Attempting to run results in the error 
>> message "Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled.." and 
>> advises me to change the security level. Everything I see against this 
>> workbook is what I would normally see if I had the security settings set to 
>> Disable All Without Warning.
>> I have tried changing the security settings to Disable All and then back to 
>> Enable All, and it doesn't resolve the matter.
>>
>> Just to make things even more interesting, if I open a different workbook 
>> with code in it, even in the same instance of the Excel Application that has 
>> the problem wb open in it, macros are enabled in the second workbook, but 
>> remain disabled in the problem wb!
>>
>> Any suggestions would be gratefully received...
0
Martin
1/15/2010 11:47:08 AM
Hi Joel,

1. No Class modules
2. Not sure what you mean by searching for the error message throughout the 
project. The error message presented is an Excel error message indicating 
that the macros are disabled, rather than a VBA error type.

Had a quick look at the links provided. On the first, Martin Brown states 
quite confidently that "it can't be that". As I'm not registered on CodeCage, 
I can't reply directly, but I can assure that it "is that". Adding a full 
password stops all code in the workbook, taking the password off again allows 
them to function correctly. According to a post on RDB's site, it's not a 
consistent problem, but does occur - his suggested solution involves editing 
the registry to bypass the issue.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm
The 2nd link provided returns a 404.

Cheers,
DS



"joel" wrote:

> 
> Two things to try
> 
> 1) See if there are any Class modules.
> 2) Search for the error message in VBA and check the option to look in
> entire Project (default is current module).
> 
> 
> -- 
> joel
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> joel's Profile: 229
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=170364
> 
> [url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/15/2010 12:04:01 PM
Martin Brown;613260 Wrote: 
> DS wrote:[color=blue]
> It can't be that. I have a number of generic spreadsheets that will
> run
> on any version of Excel and all are password protected. You may have
> to
> put them in a trusted location and adjust trust centre settings
> accordingly, but XL2007 will permit password protected macros to run.
> 

Hi Martin,

thanks for your response. It does seem that it *is* that, though it
seems as though it's not a consistent issue. I've never come across it
before in any flavour of OS / Office combination. The Trust Centre was
the first thing I checked.

I tried the following with the wb in question, making no other
changes:
Password present - no code will run.
Remove Password - code will run fine.
Re-add password - no code will run
Remove Password - code will run fine
Add R/W Password - code will run fine in both Read Only and full access
modes.
Add full password - no code will run
Remove all passwords - code runs fine


I've found an article by Ron deBruin about the matter. His method of
dealing with it involves registry editing to allow the password / code
run to remain together, and notes that it isn't consistent.
'Macros are disabled when you open password protected workbooks'
(http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm)

Cheers,
MikeC


-- 
MikeC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MikeC's Profile: 1386
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=170364

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
MikeC
1/15/2010 12:18:04 PM
MikeC wrote:
> Martin Brown;613260 Wrote: 
>> DS wrote:[color=blue]
>> It can't be that. I have a number of generic spreadsheets that will
>> run
>> on any version of Excel and all are password protected. You may have
>> to
>> put them in a trusted location and adjust trust centre settings
>> accordingly, but XL2007 will permit password protected macros to run.
>>
> 
> Hi Martin,
> 
> thanks for your response. It does seem that it *is* that, though it
> seems as though it's not a consistent issue. I've never come across it
> before in any flavour of OS / Office combination. The Trust Centre was
> the first thing I checked.
> 
> I tried the following with the wb in question, making no other
> changes:
> Password present - no code will run.
> Remove Password - code will run fine.
> Re-add password - no code will run
> Remove Password - code will run fine
> Add R/W Password - code will run fine in both Read Only and full access
> modes.
> Add full password - no code will run
> Remove all passwords - code runs fine
> 
> 
> I've found an article by Ron deBruin about the matter. His method of
> dealing with it involves registry editing to allow the password / code
> run to remain together, and notes that it isn't consistent.
> 'Macros are disabled when you open password protected workbooks'
> (http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm)

Now you have me worried.

It may be only a matter of time before my protected macros worksheets 
will run into copies of XL2007 that fail to run password protected code.

I checked in REGEDIT I do not have any patches in place to override.

About identifies my current patch level of XL2007 SP2 as
Excel 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO (12.0.6525.1000)
(shame you cannot cut and paste that string)

Was your iffy workbook created in XL2007 from scratch or in a previous 
version and ported to XL2007. Mine are all ported from XL2002 or before.

Clutching at straws here, but it would be useful to understand what the 
root cause is I don't like hacking the registry with a flint axe. Or 
worse still having to instruct end users how to do it over the phone.

Can you create a minimal failing case that gives away no trade secrets?

Thinking about it I have seen something like this happen when I double 
click on a version that has been autosaved after a fatal crash in Excel 
(which sadly is all too common in XL2007).

Regards,
Martin Brown
0
Martin
1/15/2010 1:47:29 PM
Martin Brown;613382 Wrote: 
> MikeC wrote:[color=blue]
> Now you have me worried.
> 
> It may be only a matter of time before my protected macros worksheets
> will run into copies of XL2007 that fail to run password protected
> code.
> 
> I checked in REGEDIT I do not have any patches in place to override.
> 
> About identifies my current patch level of XL2007 SP2 as
> Excel 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO (12.0.6525.1000)
> (shame you cannot cut and paste that string)
> 
> Was your iffy workbook created in XL2007 from scratch or in a previous
> version and ported to XL2007. Mine are all ported from XL2002 or
> before.
> 
> Clutching at straws here, but it would be useful to understand what
> the
> root cause is I don't like hacking the registry with a flint axe. Or
> worse still having to instruct end users how to do it over the phone.
> 
> Can you create a minimal failing case that gives away no trade
> secrets?
> 
> Thinking about it I have seen something like this happen when I double
> click on a version that has been autosaved after a fatal crash in
> Excel
> (which sadly is all too common in XL2007).
> 
> Regards,
> Martin Brown

Hi Martin,

I created this wb in 2k7. I've never come across this issue before, and
the wb in question was working just fine in a Vista / Office 2K7
combination - the problem occurred when using a Windows 7 / Office 2k7
combo - after weeks of complaining to replace Vista with W7, the first
time I try and do anything it won't work!

I'm currently running 2k7 12.0.4518.1014, MSO (12.0.6036.5000), so it
seems like I'm quite a way behind you at the moment - you never know, it
might have been addressed in some of the intervening updates.

The wb has minimal non-VBA content, just a couple of reference sheets
with no more than 50 populated cells (no formulae) on each. The code
being used throughout isn't anything "special". There's nothing more
advanced than some basic validation of content and some low-level
mathematical calculations (averages of multiple entries etc). Certainly
nothing that I would expect to cause "suspicion" in a security program
or similar (ie there's nothing creating, editing or deleting files in
sensitive locations, launching separate applications etc).

The particularly strange thing is that I can open this document (when
password-protected) and no macros will be enabled. I can then open a
separate wb through the same instance of Excel which is not password
protected, and macros will be enabled in that wb within the same
instance... I've never come across that before!

Like you, I'm not keen on the idea of doing anything with the registry
in order to bypass this "feature", which is why I'm going to use a combo
where if VBA is enabled it will kick out anyone but me, and if it isn't,
it will go only to the placeholder which has no functionality (ie needs
to have VBA available in order to open properly).


Having done some further testing, I find that creating a new wb with a
1-module content of a MessageBox.Show, adding a password will cause the
same effect. I have attached the file I've just tried (password is
"PASSWORD"). It would be interesting to see if you can open it with
macros working - I can't.


You mention that you're using ported wbs from 2k2 - I wonder if this
might have some relevance. The ones I'm encountering difficulty with
have been created in 2k7 as .xlsm wbs.

Cheers,
Mike


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: Book1.xlsm                                               |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=413|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

-- 
MikeC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MikeC's Profile: 1386
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=170364

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
MikeC
1/15/2010 2:30:21 PM
You can copy regedit entries by going to the menu Edit - Copy Key Name. 
The actual value can be copied if you select the key name and then go to
menu Edit - Modify and copy from the edit box.

Here is one that I copied

C:\Program Files\Altiris\ALTIRIS
AGENT\Agents\PatchMgmtAgent\Languages\0410\PatchMgmtAgentsUI.dll


-- 
joel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=170364

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
joel
1/15/2010 5:14:08 PM
MikeC wrote:
> Martin Brown;613382 Wrote: 

>> Can you create a minimal failing case that gives away no trade
>> secrets?
>>
>> Thinking about it I have seen something like this happen when I double
>> click on a version that has been autosaved after a fatal crash in
>> Excel
>> (which sadly is all too common in XL2007).
> 
> Hi Martin,
> 
> I created this wb in 2k7. I've never come across this issue before, and
> the wb in question was working just fine in a Vista / Office 2K7
> combination - the problem occurred when using a Windows 7 / Office 2k7
> combo - after weeks of complaining to replace Vista with W7, the first
> time I try and do anything it won't work!

Wind7 could be the important factor. I haven't run into a copy yet.
> 
> I'm currently running 2k7 12.0.4518.1014, MSO (12.0.6036.5000), so it
> seems like I'm quite a way behind you at the moment - you never know, it
> might have been addressed in some of the intervening updates.

I doubt it. I have been working on XL2007 (and muttering about its 
glacial slowness at charts) since it was introduced and through all the 
intervening patch levels (and some prerelease ones too).
>
> Having done some further testing, I find that creating a new wb with a
> 1-module content of a MessageBox.Show, adding a password will cause the
> same effect. I have attached the file I've just tried (password is
> "PASSWORD"). It would be interesting to see if you can open it with
> macros working - I can't.
> 
> 
> You mention that you're using ported wbs from 2k2 - I wonder if this
> might have some relevance. The ones I'm encountering difficulty with
> have been created in 2k7 as .xlsm wbs.
> 
> Cheers,
> Mike
> 
> 
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |Filename: Book1.xlsm                                               |
> |Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=413|
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> 
Unfortunately, the webpage won't let me in without registering and I am 
not inclined to do that. My strange looking reply-to address is valid if 
left unmodified. Just email me a copy of the offending spreadsheet and I 
will happily take a look at it to see if it fails here.

Regards,
Martin Brown
0
Martin
1/16/2010 3:00:19 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OWA Error: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
I discovered that I am getting this error for users whom I restricted the "Log on to..." Security Setting in AD to their own computers. How can I get OWA to work without having to disable this security feature? I already tried adding the NETBIOS name of the Exchange Server to the Log on to List, but that didn't work. ...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

Macros in excel 2000 #3
I have a macro which i need to use on different spreadsheets where the data is of various lengths. I need to get the macro to go to one cell below the last active cell in a column. I have made the macro work for the first sheet where there are 1101 rows. This is what the part of the macro looks like, i need the cell values replaced with the code to go to the last active cell in row I and J and then move down one- Range("I1102").Value = "Over Two Days" Range("I1103").Value = "Under Two Days" Range("J1102").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIF(R...

how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel?
how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm variable = ActiveSheet.Name 'Rename current Sheet ActiveSheet.Name = "Renamed14a" ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyy_mmdd_hhmm")Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm...

Saving a Macro Button on the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel
In Excel if a macro button is added to the Quick Access Toolbar it doesn't always appear when someone else opens up the workbook. In 2003 there was an "Attach" option so a toolbar could be saved with a workbook. Is there an equivalent for the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "joedapops" <joedapops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C1026-57C4-46A4-A4D4-C43C7A4A85D7@microsoft.com... > In Excel if a macro button is add...

Aligning rows of data from multiple data sets in columns
Have table of data 2001 2002 2003 Name # Name # Name # A 23 A 33 A 29 B 20 B 22 B 29 C 15 D 36 C 12 D 33 E 20 E 48 G 19 F 12 F 19 Each year's data includes a name (A, B, C, etc.) and a number. However, not all years include all names. How can I match up names in each row so all "A's" appear in one row, "B's" in one row etc. along with their correspond...

Automation Security and unexpected program termination
I want to open an Excel workbook which I know is read-only (password protected), and contains code. To load the file and to disable the code, I set Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable, and then open the workbook: Application.Workbooks.Open Filename:=strFileName, WriteResPassword:=strWriteResPassw This works, but also the code execution stops without any error messages. Is this the expected result of this sequence? The problem does not occur when I do not alter the default automationsecurity setting. why not open the workbook in read only mode? ...

Anyone know how to set accelerator text for menu commands?
I have created a menu with text like this: "Do something\tCtrl+Left Arrow" When I run the program, this gets output in the menu as "Do something CTRL+NUM 4" Either Windows or the MFC has detected the accelerator and changed the text of the accelerator part of the menu command for me - i.e. "Ctrl+Left Arrow" has somehow become "CTRL+NUM 4". But I don't want this text. I prefer what I had. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? TIA Simon I can't see how it could possibly know what text you had there. It looks like it...

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage
i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg 1 liter = 0.264172051 US gallon 1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers A = Kilometers B = liters =(A1*1.609344*0.264172051)/B1 OK, I've probably overdone it with the significant digits, but there's your equation. "Dmds" <Dmds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670B36AA-3E5F-4597-889E-81BDB4FF8DDB@microsoft.com... >i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts > them to gallons and miles then calculates ...

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

Macros for moving data to Access from Excel
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I need to create a macro or VB script that selects certain rows from a range of rows in Excel (if not empty), and then Creates a new entry in Access, and pastes data in line by line, until all the data is copied. I receive several of these worksheets a week, so I need to be sure the script copies to the end of the DB every time, and doesn't override any previously entered data. Thanks! On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:08:02 -0800, ktoth04 <ktoth04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I nee...

application wide font setting
Is there a way of defining an application wide default font? Is somehow annoying to take care of this everywhere I draw some text. TIA -- Torsten Not easily. It's easier to call SelectObject(GetStockObject(DEFAULT_GUI_FONT)). The alternative would be to make all your window classes CS_OWNDC and do the SelectObject only once. This wastes a bit of memory on NT/2K/XP, and eats up system resources on 95/98/Me. -- Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK) http://www.themobius.co.uk/ "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt-REMOVE@web.de> wrote in message news:bj4adj$everv$1@ID-37954.news.uni-berlin....

Advanced Find 'Set' queries
Is it possible to use advanced find to perform any type of set query? Example: have setup a m-m relationship to a contact type lookup table (tried using v4 m-m feature and older technique (xref table and m-1 relationships to contact and lookup table). The issue of course is that you can't ask a question such as 'give me all contacts that are contact type A AND contact type B since you need to somehow define the set of records to look at instead of evaluating them one by one. One approach that seems to work is to use the marketing list functionality to add all contacts with co...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

Find duplicate, save in a list, delete duplicate using macro
Hello. I need to find a duplicate from ID col and if found, it needs to look at the data in the associated row to compare if it is truly a duplicate. And if it is (same Product and Acct #), the true duplicate will be the one with later date. Then the duplicate that has the later date record will store this info in a separate worksheet or area and then delete the dupicate from the orginal list. Can this be done by using macro? Thank you for your help in advance. For Example: ID Date Product Acct # 1150 7/24/2009 102 53 888 12/30/2009 Gas 50 1150 11/4/2009 102 53 5524...

help w/deleting rows if 2 conditions & calling macro from other bo
hi, i found the code below and it works when i'm in the same workbook but how do i modify it so that i call from book 1 and it works on book 2. i also need to add a second condition .... any ideas?? what i want to do is delete all rows that DON'T have "Attendance" in column G and aferwards delete all rows that are "blank" in column J the macro will be called from the master.xls BUT will work on another file called raw.xls Sub stantial() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets(...

Relative reference and macros
How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? Thanks, Alan Alan E.g: ActiveCell.Offset(1,0) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Alan" <me@here.now> skrev i en meddelelse news:43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com... > How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? > > Thanks, Alan One way: Activecell.Offset(1, 0).Select another ActiveCell(2, 1).Select In article <43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote: > How ...

Trouble applying data set to other shapes #2
Hello, I posted this earlier, but it may not have been sent. So I am sending it again. I have put together a data set for one of the objects in my Visio 2007 Professional drawing. For simplicity, let's say that the shape is a circle. I then want to apply the same data fields to another shape that's already on my drawing. Let's say that this other shape, that does not yet have a data set attached to it, is a square. So here is what I am doing, but apparently I am making a mistake somewhere: I click on the circle and look in the Shape Data Sets window, and I see the name...

Can I reverse order of set of cells if original is left to right .
We obtain data from an instrument into Excel in the opposite order from what we need. Is there any way to reverse the order of the cells, not just transpose from horizonal to vertical, for example, but to physical change the order going from left to right to now going from right to left (not on a graph but in the excel cells.) Not sure I understand what you want, but you can Sort from Left to Right. Go to Data|Sort. When the dialogue box opens, Pick Options in the bottom Left corner. Then, switch to Sort Left to Right. tj "ReverseOrder" wrote: > We obtain data from an in...

Importing macros from Excel97 to 2000
Every time I used to open a new file in Excel 97, my macros were accessible. However, now that I "upgraded" to 2000, it seems as though I have to import my personal macros every time I want to use them. (When I close Excel and reopen it, they disappear again.) Is there any way to save the macros so that they are available to all Excel files every time I open Excel? My guess is that Excel 2000 isn't looking at your existing personal.xls file, because it's in a directory associated with the Excel 97 program. When I upgraded to Excel 2000, I created a new personal.xls fil...

e-mail set up
hello, i am new to setting up an e-mail account. i purchased a new notebook and wanted to change my existing hotmail account to be able to use outlook express. i keep getting errors on my set up but dont understand can you help. this is the last message i recieved: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the prope...

Hosting Secure Site
Our business is in need of setting up a dealer portal website which needs to interact with our internal SQL/App server. I know SBS is not the place to host the site so setting up a virtual web server and putting it in some sort of DMZ is the plan thus far. I'm planning on running the site securely (https://) which will conflict with the SBS OWA and RWW. I'd perfer to use the same static IP address so how would I go about setting up and accessing the dealer site given that both will be on port 443? Could I just change the port of the dealer portal? (eg. https://mysite...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

How do I set up a digital signature for my e-mail account?
I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? Do you mean a regular signature ?? Tools/options/signature picker ???? Steve "machen@shaw.ca" wrote: > I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? ...

RowHeight Macro
Hello all, I am trying to write a macro that would set the row heigh for every 66th row to 18.75. Any help would be appreciated, thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For RowNdx = 1 To LastRow Step 66 Rows(RowNdx).RowHeight = 18.75 Next RowNdx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "cdegar01 >" <<cdegar01.10nq9m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in...