Macro to seperate data

Hi

I seem to be struggling to find a macro that will work in previous threads.

In sheet 1 is a list of data in columns A:N and the number of rows will
vary. It is a list of sales with each sale record ocuppying one row. The
salesperson's name is in column C and each salesperson will have multiple
entries.

What I am trying to do is create a seperate summary sheet in the workbook
for each salesperson. Therefore sheets 2 to 20 are templates that already
exist with a different salesperson's name entered into cell C3 on each of
them.

I am trying to find a macro that will copy each row from sheet 1 where the
salesperson's name in column C matches the value (salesperson's name) entered
into C3 on one of the sheets 2-20.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Tony,

try this

Sub stance()
Dim MyRange As Range
Dim CopyRange As Range
Dim LastRow As Long
LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
For x = 2 To 20
    For Each c In MyRange
    If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
        If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
                Set CopyRange = c.EntireRow
        Else
                Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.EntireRow)
        End If
    End If
Next
If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
CopyRange.Copy Destination:=Sheets(x).Range("A4")
Set CopyRange = Nothing
End If
Next x
End Sub

Mike
--
Mike

question.

"Tony" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I seem to be struggling to find a macro that will work in previous threads.
>
> In sheet 1 is a list of data in columns A:N and the number of rows will
> vary. It is a list of sales with each sale record ocuppying one row. The
> salesperson's name is in column C and each salesperson will have multiple
> entries.
>
> What I am trying to do is create a seperate summary sheet in the workbook
> for each salesperson. Therefore sheets 2 to 20 are templates that already
> exist with a different salesperson's name entered into cell C3 on each of
> them.
>
> I am trying to find a macro that will copy each row from sheet 1 where the
> salesperson's name in column C matches the value (salesperson's name) entered
> into C3 on one of the sheets 2-20.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
> Thanks

Just noticed you want rows A- N and not the entire row, use this instead

Sub stance()
Dim MyRange As Range
Dim CopyRange As Range
Dim LastRow As Long
LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
For x = 2 To 4
    For Each c In MyRange
    If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
        If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
                Set CopyRange = c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14)
        Else
                Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14))

"Mike H" wrote:

> Tony,
>
> try this
>
> Sub stance()
> Dim MyRange As Range
> Dim CopyRange As Range
> Dim LastRow As Long
> LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
> For x = 2 To 20
>     For Each c In MyRange
>     If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
>         If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
>                 Set CopyRange = c.EntireRow
>         Else
>                 Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.EntireRow)
>         End If
>     End If
> Next
> If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> CopyRange.Copy Destination:=Sheets(x).Range("A4")
> Set CopyRange = Nothing
> End If
> Next x
> End Sub
>

> Mike
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Tony" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I seem to be struggling to find a macro that will work in previous threads.
> >
> > In sheet 1 is a list of data in columns A:N and the number of rows will
> > vary. It is a list of sales with each sale record ocuppying one row. The
> > salesperson's name is in column C and each salesperson will have multiple
> > entries.
> >
> > What I am trying to do is create a seperate summary sheet in the workbook
> > for each salesperson. Therefore sheets 2 to 20 are templates that already
> > exist with a different salesperson's name entered into cell C3 on each of
> > them.
> >
> > I am trying to find a macro that will copy each row from sheet 1 where the
> > salesperson's name in column C matches the value (salesperson's name) entered
> > into C3 on one of the sheets 2-20.
> >
> > Any help would be most appreciated.
> > Thanks

oops,

left my shortened loop that i used for testing
For x = 2 To 4
should be
For x = 2 To 20
--
Mike

question.

"Mike H" wrote:

> [...]
> > question.
> >

> > "Tony" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I seem to be struggling to find a macro that will work in previous threads.
> > >
> > > In sheet 1 is a list of data in columns A:N and the number of rows will
> > > vary. It is a list of sales with each sale record ocuppying one row. The
> > > salesperson's name is in column C and each salesperson will have multiple
> > > entries.
> > >
> > > What I am trying to do is create a seperate summary sheet in the workbook
> > > for each salesperson. Therefore sheets 2 to 20 are templates that already
> > > exist with a different salesperson's name entered into cell C3 on each of
> > > them.
> > >
> > > I am trying to find a macro that will copy each row from sheet 1 where the
> > > salesperson's name in column C matches the value (salesperson's name) entered

Mike you are a genius, thanks very much for your help.

Tony

"Mike H" wrote:

> oops,
>
> left my shortened loop that i used for testing
> For x = 2 To 4
> should be
> For x = 2 To 20
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > Just noticed you want rows A- N and not the entire row, use this instead
> >
> > Sub stance()
> > Dim MyRange As Range
> > Dim CopyRange As Range
> > Dim LastRow As Long
> > LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
> > For x = 2 To 4
> >     For Each c In MyRange
> >     If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
> >         If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> >                 Set CopyRange = c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14)
> >         Else
> >                 Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14))
> >         End If
> >     End If
> > Next
> > If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> > CopyRange.Copy Destination:=Sheets(x).Range("A4")
> > Set CopyRange = Nothing
> > End If
> > Next x
> > End Sub
> >
> > Mike
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> > > Tony,
> > >
> > > try this
> > >
> > > Sub stance()
> > > Dim MyRange As Range
> > > Dim CopyRange As Range
> > > Dim LastRow As Long
> > > LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > > Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
> > > For x = 2 To 20
> > >     For Each c In MyRange
> > >     If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
> > >         If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> > >                 Set CopyRange = c.EntireRow
> > >         Else
> > >                 Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.EntireRow)
> > >         End If
> > >     End If
> > > Next
> > > If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> > > CopyRange.Copy Destination:=Sheets(x).Range("A4")
> > > Set CopyRange = Nothing
> > > End If
> > > Next x
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > Mike
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > > question.

Genious may be OTT but glad I could help
--
Mike

question.

"Tony" wrote:

> Mike you are a genius, thanks very much for your help.
>
> Tony
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
> > oops,
> >
> > left my shortened loop that i used for testing
> > For x = 2 To 4
> > should be
> > For x = 2 To 20
> > --
> > Mike
> >
> > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > question.
> >

> > "Mike H" wrote:
> >
> > > Just noticed you want rows A- N and not the entire row, use this instead
> > >
> > > Sub stance()
> > > Dim MyRange As Range
> > > Dim CopyRange As Range
> > > Dim LastRow As Long
> > > LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
> > > Set MyRange = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & LastRow)
> > > For x = 2 To 4
> > >     For Each c In MyRange
> > >     If UCase(c.Value) = UCase(Sheets(x).Range("C3")) Then
> > >         If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> > >                 Set CopyRange = c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14)
> > >         Else
> > >                 Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, c.Offset(0, -2).Resize(, 14))
> > >         End If
> > >     End If
> > > Next
> > > If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
> > > CopyRange.Copy Destination:=Sheets(x).Range("A4")
> > > Set CopyRange = Nothing
> > > End If
> > > Next x
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Mike
> > > --
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
> > > introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
> > > question.

Reports using memo data field
In past versions of Money, I was able to specify data in the memo field to create reports. I can't figure out how to do that in Money 2002. Is is possible? Never mind -- finally figured it out. (Use Tools, Find to search for keyword in memo field, then click on the Create Report button.) ...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

Comparing 2 sets of data ...help!
Hi I am very new to excel so if someone could explain how to get aroun this problem simply I'd be eternaly grateful. I know there are mamny threads on this sort of thing. I have done search but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to this problem. Here goes: List 1: I have a list of names in a database (about 10,000) List 2: I have a new list of names that I need to add to the database. The thing is I need to filter the names to remove duplicates, but wha I really need to do is know which of the names in list 2 are "ne names", i.e. not in list 1. I hope I'm ...

Create a Drive D for data file storage
I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my pc and would like to create a D drive for storing data files only. Is there any function in Windows 7 to do so or I have to use other utility program to accomplish it. Thanks, Scott Scott <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:C79C6135.AF03%NoSpam-Scott.Xe@gmail.com... > I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my pc and would like to > create a D drive for storing data files only. Is there any function in > Windows 7 to do so or I have to use other utility program to accomplish it. Ye...

Getting Data From MS Access Database
Is this possible? I have MS Access DB on the file server and wanting to query directly from ms excel. Hoping for your fast response. Me absolutely,you can make use of ADO to get data from Access DB via VBA code OR you can click "data" ->"import externl data"->"database query" so you can choose the data source and set up some query conditions. "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> д����Ϣ����:uSifuSgLGHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? I have MS Access DB on the file server and wanting to > query directly from ms excel. Hopi...

Auto-fill forms with Excel data, ...
Auto-fill Acrobat forms with Act! data ... I write to see if anyone has used or evaluated PF-Merge before, whic can auto-fill (+email/fax) acrobat forms with EXCEL/Access/MS SQ Server Goldmine/Act!/Maximizer's data, without programming. They send me the following information and i want to save time fro doing a complete evaluation by hearing your views. It seems to work great so far, filling in 100's of forms includin images and i was able to auto-email/fax it out as well. Any problems you found? ------------------------------------- Free download: http://www.pureforms.com/Products/PF...

Appending data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro
I have been trying to append same type data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro but since I never know how many lines of data are in each spreadsheet I am appending it is either not inserting at all (because I am selecting all -- it is indicating the rows are not the same size) or it is only copying the number of rows from the second spreadsheet (not the number of rows from subsequent spreadsheets if they are higher or it copies blank rows). I am sure there is vb code that allows it to insert from one to another on the fly but I can't get it to work. Any ideas would be ...

How to copy Chart and its data to another excel worksheet
I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish all the links?? Please help! Margarita: You can copy an entire worksheet into a new workbook. Assuming yr data and chart are in the same worksheet, right-click the tab where the name of the sheet appears (somewhere near the bottom left side), select "Move or Copy..." in the po...

data sort way slow
Has anyone seen excel slow when sorting large data tables? I have to wait up to 15 seconds on a 2GHz Sony VAIO PC for the hourglass to stop. A friend does the same table on the same PC and it is almost instant on his. Jerry I've never seen this, but you may find some hints at: You may want to take a look at these two sites (Charles Williams and David McRitchie): http://www.decisionmodels.com http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm Maybe you'll see something that can help. (Sometimes cleaning up the windows temp folder will help. But I'm not sure it'll help ...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts??? #2
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? Someone asked for more specific info...here it is: > >I have a spreadsheet that shows data for all 50 states. > >I have about 10 graphs which show this data, but only for certain >states. (All graphs are very similar, except for which states are on >which graph.) &...

Moving Data Folders for Windows Small Business Server 2003
I need to move Monitoring folder with files SBSMonitoring.mdg ect. I am doing it exactly like in instruction http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708031(WS.10).aspx but there is a command to copy: Osql -E -S ServerName\SBSMonitoring -Q "sp_detach_db 'SBSMonitoring'" and result is: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> Osql -E -S MYSERVER\SharePoint -Q "sp_detach_db 'STS_Config'" usage: osql [-U login id] [-P password] [-S server] [-H hostname] [-E trusted connection] [-d use database name] [-l login timeout] [-t query...

Macro Editing
I want to find an object in a column that matches the cell I am in, but I want it to be interactive so that it always looks for whatever data exists in the current cell I am in. I am no programmer but I do edit Macros to do what I want. What I have tried to do is copy the current cell while recording a macro and then go to the column that I want to find this information in and select find. I then paste what is stored on the clipboard into the find box and then I end the Macro. What I see in the Macro is not what I want though. I want to paste what is on the current clipboard not ...

Enabling macro question can be ignored by mistake
We have Macros in our excel worksheets. In Excel 2003 when opening an excel worksheet with VBA code you could set it to ask on opening if the macros should be enabled or not and the question had to be answered before continuing, however with Excel 2007 you are asked but in a much more discreet way in the form of the message bar. If you happen not to see the security question or forget about it you could end up working on an excel worksheet where the macros are not running. Is there anyway to get Excel 2007 to ask the question about enabling macros without the user continuing until the ...

data validation 03-14-07
Hello,I'm looking for a data validation rule that would preclude users fromentering anything into a table except:A 13 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.orAn 8 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.Thanks,alex How ironic, I am trying to do much the same thing.Except in my case, I need to check a string in a custom function andstrip out any non a-z/0-9 characters. For example, if the string is"O' Mally", I'd like to strip it down to "OMally", minus the space andapostrophe.Anyone know how I can do this? On Mar 15, 2:00 p...

Excel as Data Entry into Access Database
Hello everyone, I was hoping someone could point me in the proper direction. Unless m mind is playing tricks on me, I swear I could have used an add-in (o something else) that used a dialog box where you could specify whic cells in an Excel contained the data that went to various tables int Access. You were able to specify exactly which tables and variables i Access the data from Excel had to go per record. I think basicall what it enabled you to do was create a form that inputted the data int Access but was contained only in Excel. What was this add-in or how do I go out about this? ...

Curve Fitting to Data
Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a data series? Charlie - Bernard Liengme has an example on his web site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Charlie Webb wrote: > Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a > data series? ...

Initilizing Project Data
I am looking for the best way to backload open project accounting data in order to build the WIP and deferred revenue so that I can then use the proper revenue recognition processes in GP when I complete the project. Can this be done? Thanks Yes, You can use V9.0 Integration Manager with the Project Timesheet object to import. What you do is create a dummy employee called WIP and then bring in one TS line per Project with the extended cost equal to the Project WIP to date. Do not post to payroll. Only to Project. This will get your projects costed to the cutover WIP with a single t...

Value of a data point in a graph
Hi folks, I use following algorithm to read the value of data point: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Error Resume Next For Serie = 1 To NumOfRows For DataPnt = 1 To NumOfColumns Set ChtPt = _ ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(Ser...

How do I create a stacked chart based on 2 tables of data?
Hello - I am using Office 2003 I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 2 tables of data, showing the 2nd table as the 2nd data series (column). Stacked charts appear to be fine based on 1 data source but I need it on 2. Any help would be much appeciated. Thanks ...

forms new data in lookup
While entering data into a form and I come up to a lookup box and try to put a new item I always have to navigate to the form the lookup is based off of update it and then come back to my orginal form refresh and then continue on. I saw on some of the templates that if you have a new item it just automatically takes you where you need to go and then when you are done you just close and you go back to where you left off. Does anyone know how to do this? Please dumb it down I am a novice user!!!! 1. In form design view, right-click the combo and choose Properties. 2. On the Data...

Setting Email options when using Data Collection via Email
I am using a macro to initiate the Data Collection via Email routine and I would like to add a reminder to the email before it is sent to the recipients. When using the collect new data option in the wizard, it allows this as you have to type in the recipient address into outlook. When using the update existing data option in the wizard the email is automatically sent therefore bypassing the opportunity. Is there any way achieve this when updating existing data? thank you, Michael ...

Macro cases for accounting/banking/financing
Hi, I started learning Macro several weeks ago. But I am very confused while reading the book that I have. I am just wondering how I would be able to use these features. Would you please show me some of the cases that you would use Macro in accounting/banking/financing field. Thanks You'll do better at exam time if you do the research yourself. Search in Google, using keywords like accounting, Excel, macro, and you should find lots of examples. Jon wrote: > Hi, > > I started learning Macro several weeks ago. But I am very confused while > reading the book that I have. ...

How do I get an excel macro to stop at a cell & wait for imput?
What can be used to replace the "{?}" command used in lotus macros to pause and wait for data entry? The lotus macro worked fine in excel 97 but after switching to excel 2003 did not. You can use the inputbox, as in: Sub test() Dim YourInput As String YourInput = InputBox("What is your input?") MsgBox ("Your input was " & YourInput) End Sub "oscar_az" wrote: > What can be used to replace the "{?}" command used in lotus macros to pause > and wait for data entry? The lotus macro worked fine in excel 97 but after > switchi...

combining data in multiple cells
is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 or more cells? Hi, =A1&B1&C1&D1 Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "adkmayhem" wrote: > is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data > from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 ...

sharing class instance in DLL data segment
Hi all How can I share a class instance in the DLL data segment? Using the #pragma data_seg(".shared") not working. I read something in the MSDN about using the File Mapping, but I don't know how to do this Thanks Hesham Hesham Desouky wrote: >Hi all >How can I share a class instance in the DLL data segment? Pretty much, you don't. >Using the #pragma data_seg(".shared") not working. > >I read something in the MSDN about using the File Mapping, but I don't >know how to do this See this article for why you don't: How do I share d...