listbox -shows table of information - option to select and edit ro

I have a listbox which displays a table of chemicals (1st column) and their
properties - density (2nd column) and other propeties (3rd, 4th, 5th column
etc)

When I open the userform the table of chemicals is displayed and i can
select a row of chemicals (highlighted in blue).

I already have another userform which allows me to enter new chemicals to
add to the list and I have txt boxes for entering the chemical data

Here is the code i use for that

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
Application.EnableEvents = False
Dim iRow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Worksheets("Chemicals")

'find first empty row in database
iRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
  .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

'check for a part number
If Trim(Me.txtChemical.Value) = "" Then
  Me.txtChemical.SetFocus
  MsgBox "Please enter a chemical name"
  Exit Sub
End If

'copy the data to the database
ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = Me.txtChemical.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtCAS.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 3).Value = Me.txtMW.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Me.txtDensity.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.txtMP.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value = Me.txtBP.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.txtFP.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.txtMSDS.Value

'clear the data
Me.txtChemical.Value = ""
Me.txtCAS.Value = ""
Me.txtMW.Value = ""
Me.txtDensity.Value = ""
Me.txtMP.Value = ""
Me.txtBP.Value = ""
Me.txtFP.Value = ""
Me.txtMSDS.Value = ""

Me.txtChemical.SetFocus
'Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

What I am looking to do on the first userform (which displays all the
chemicals is to select a row and have that data pulled to the different text
boxes so that the individual properties can be edited and the table updated.

Can anyone help me with this or dierct me to a link whereby a table of data
can be appended to and/or edited.

regards,

Roger

On 29 Nov, 00:24, Roger on Excel
<RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a listbox which displays a table of chemicals (1st column) and the=
ir
> properties - density (2nd column) and other propeties (3rd, 4th, 5th colu=
mn
> etc)
>
> When I open the userform the table of chemicals is displayed and i can
> select a row of chemicals (highlighted in blue).
>
> I already have another userform which allows me to enter new chemicals to
> add to the list and I have txt boxes for entering the chemical data
>
> Here is the code i use for that
>
> Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
> Application.EnableEvents =3D False
> Dim iRow As Long
> Dim ws As Worksheet
> Set ws =3D Worksheets("Chemicals")
>
> 'find first empty row in database
> iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
> =A0 .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
>
> 'check for a part number
> If Trim(Me.txtChemical.Value) =3D "" Then
> =A0 Me.txtChemical.SetFocus
> =A0 MsgBox "Please enter a chemical name"
> =A0 Exit Sub
> End If
>
> 'copy the data to the database
> ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value =3D Me.txtChemical.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value =3D Me.txtCAS.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 3).Value =3D Me.txtMW.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 4).Value =3D Me.txtDensity.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value =3D Me.txtMP.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value =3D Me.txtBP.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value =3D Me.txtFP.Value
> ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value =3D Me.txtMSDS.Value
>
> 'clear the data
> Me.txtChemical.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtCAS.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtMW.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtDensity.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtMP.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtBP.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtFP.Value =3D ""
> Me.txtMSDS.Value =3D ""
>
> Me.txtChemical.SetFocus
> 'Application.EnableEvents =3D True
> End Sub
>
> What I am looking to do on the first userform (which displays all the
> chemicals is to select a row and have that data pulled to the different t=
ext
> boxes so that the individual properties can be edited and the table updat=
ed.

> Can anyone help me with this or dierct me to a link whereby a table of da=
ta
> can be appended to and/or edited.
>
> regards,
>
> Roger

Hi Roger,

If I understand your problem correctly you want to edit a chemical so
that the data behind is updated?

If so what I tend to do is use the listbox double click event, from
this get the data from the list box and populate the text boxes of the
form:

Private Sub ListBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
'   where userform2 is the name of the form containing the textboxes
    userform2.txtChemical =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(0,
Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
    userform2.txtCAS =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(1, Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
'   And so on
End Sub

that you use to add a new chemical as its easier to reuse the form,
there only two changes you will have to do, firstly change iRow but to
do this you will need a flag on your userform2 form to tell it whether
the form is adding a chemical or editing a chemical, the easiest way
to do this is to add a text box on the form and change the textbox
property to visible=3Dfalse, in the listbox double click event also
populate the hidden textbox with say "EDIT" therefore you can then use
this in an if statement for iRow, something like:

Private Sub ListBox1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
'   where userform2 is the name of the form containing the textboxes
    userform2.txtChemical =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(0,
Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
    userform2.txtCAS =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(1, Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
'   And so on
    userform2.txtHiddenTextBox =3D "EDIT"
End Sub

> Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
> Application.EnableEvents =3D False
> Dim iRow As Long
> Dim ws As Worksheet
> Set ws =3D Worksheets("Chemicals")
>
> 'find first empty row in database
> iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
>   .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

If me.hiddentextbox =3D "EDIT" then
    iRow =3D application.match(me.txtChemical, ws.range("A:A"),0)
else
    iRow =3D iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
end if

The rest of your code should just then work, normally I would test the
match to see if it returns an error but as you are checking against
the source data of the form, it can never not exist.

Any problems let me know,

James
0
Billy
11/29/2009 8:34:02 PM
On 29 Nov, 20:34, Billy <james.bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> ' =A0 where userform2 is the name of the form containing the textboxes
> =A0 =A0 userform2.txtChemical =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(0,
> Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
> =A0 =A0 userform2.txtCAS =3D Me.ListBox1.Column(1, Me.ListBox1.ListIndex)
> ' =A0 And so on
> =A0 =A0 userform2.txtHiddenTextBox =3D "EDIT"
> End Sub
>
> > Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()
> > Application.EnableEvents =3D False
> > Dim iRow As Long
> > Dim ws As Worksheet
> > Set ws =3D Worksheets("Chemicals")
>
> > 'find first empty row in database
> > iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
> > =A0 .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
>
> If me.hiddentextbox =3D "EDIT" then
> =A0 =A0 iRow =3D application.match(me.txtChemical, ws.range("A:A"),0)
> else
> =A0 =A0 iRow =3D iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).=
Row
> end if
>
> The rest of your code should just then work, normally I would test the
> match to see if it returns an error but as you are checking against
> the source data of the form, it can never not exist.
>
> Any problems let me know,
>
> James

Hi Roger,

Just reread my post and the bottom code should be the if statement:

> If me.hiddentextbox =3D "EDIT" then
>     iRow =3D application.match(me.txtChemical, ws.range("A:A"),0)
> else
>     iRow =3D iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
> end if

replaces your original iRow statement:

> > 'find first empty row in database
> > iRow =3D ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
> >   .End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

It will work either way but if its left in it will be less efficient.

James
0
Billy

Purchasing Office 2008 Home & Student edition online?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I would like to purchase Office 2008 Home & Student online. If I do, will I still get 3 license keys as you do if you purchase the packaged version? On 4/29/09 2:26 AM, "Jeff52@officeformac.com" <Jeff52@officeformac.com> wrote: > I would like to purchase Office 2008 Home & Student online. If I do, will I > still get 3 license keys as you do if you purchase the packaged version? You'll need to check the web site carefully, but I would assume so. Do you realize you'll get a bett...

1099 Vendor setup allow all 1099 options
Allow all options when setting up vendors for 1099's, so that the correct option can be put in when vendor is set up.(Non-employee compensation, rent, etc.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...

History and Activity Views
Under Account: In the History and Activity views it should be possible to display: The Contact that each item refers to For E-mail the direction (in/out) of the message Under Contact: For E-mail the direction (in/out) of the message ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

CTRL-A Select All
In Word 2007, the keystroke combination CTRL-A causes no action at all. To select all, I must use the menu bar. CTRL-A works in all of my other Office 2007 applications. All help will be appreciated. Please see the reply to your previous duplicate question. It would appear that the keyboard shortcut has become unassigned and needs to be reassigned. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Marvin Buzz" <MarvinBuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F17B91EF-7750-4997-A42A-FB21...

VBA selecting an input range of cells
Hi I have a small request for help with code. I need a simple macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select the range indicated in the popups. Can someone help? Grateful for any assistance Something like: Sub PickaRanage() Dim s1 As String, s2 As String, s3 As String s1 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Enter address of first cell", Type:=2) s2 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Enter address of last cell", Type:=2) Range(s1 & ":" & s2).Select End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Turn Off the Right-Click Customize option?
I am using Access2003 and, I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. Any suggestions? On Jun 26, 10:25 am, Anoymous <Anoym...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access2003 and, > I need to turn off the Right-Click Customize option on my toolbars. > I was told I could use /runtime in the command line and it would turn off > the Right-Click option. But it didn't work. > > Any suggestions? Look around your s...

Selecting Item when Outlook hasn't got Focus
Outlook 2003 Following situation: Another window than Outlook is focused. An item in Outlook is selected. Now I click into the Outlook window to select another item. But this item will not be selected as expected. What happens is that the item that was selected before will be opened. => strange behaviour, isn't it? Does anyone know why? Is there any bug fix for this? Thanks, Peter I'm guessing that your first click merely gives Outlook focus but does not actually select that second item. You probably have to click three times - once to give Outlook focus, the second time to se...

Select values from list
Hi all, I got a very stupid problem, but like any stupid problem is bothering me... Some time ago I created a Worbook, and in a few columns of a worksheet I created a kind of combobox, integrated in the sheet, to help the user to select values from a list positioned elewhere in the sheet. To put it simple, when the user selects a cell, appears a down arrow on the right side, and clicking it it's shown a list to choose from. The values of the list are in a cell range on the right side of the sheet. Well, now I need to add new columns, but I can't find out how to re-create these co...

Sales transactions Tables activity
I have Great Plains 9.0 with Service Pack 3 and am looking for a quick explanation on Sales Transactions table entries. Is there any way someone can quickly go over what exactly happens on a Sales Order during the Sales Transaction process. From placing an order, to picking it, to fulfilling it, to invoicing and creating a back order. My issue is that we have moved from printing Pick Tickets at time of order entry, to having our Warehouse print the pick tickets once an hour. The problem is that some Pick tickets don't print, and we cannot determine why. The reps who have entered the o...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

i want to allow users to edit changes afetr password protect of c
Please use the body of the message to describe what you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:15:02 -0700, mamta raul <mamta raul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

OL2003 Cannot Edit Calendar Entries
Sync with Palm Zire 21 yielded error message: "following item is in conflict" then referred to several recently created or modified calendar items. Now I cannot do anything to a calendar item (in the main calendar) without an error message, such as: "Cannot save item" or "The item may not have been deleted correctly. If someone sent you the item, that person's copy of the item may not be updated." Other calendars function correclty. I exported the calendar to a PST. The calendar in that PST is empty even though it is 271 kb. What is available to repair a P...

how do i do a "drop down selection menu"?
Hi Gurus, Does anyone know how to do a drop down selection menu in excel? i want to do a drop down selction so i can select the a date eg select jan, feb, mar, april etc etc cheers :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First you need to make your list (one entry per cell). Click the (cell) location where you want the drop down list to be, click data, validation and on the settings tab, in the allow box, choose "list", place the cursor in ...

Pivot Tables
When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index ar left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can thes index values be automatically duplicated? Thanks ANdrew Middleto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, Send me your email address and I'll PM you a small add-in I put together to do this.. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index are >left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can these >index values be automatically duplicated?...

Table Import Error
Good Afternoon, My company has recently upgraded from 6.0 to 8.0. I am importing an .csv file and then printing a report. The import seems to be working correctly, what I mean is I receive a message saying it completed. However when I try to pull up the report I receive the following: TABLE IMPORT ERROR That's it no other information, no other users seem to be having this problem, just myself and I get this error on other reports as well, but they all seem to be custom or modified reports from modified or customized forms. Any suggestions? It sounds like your Forms and Reports d...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

Custom dictionary editing not available in Outlook 98 & 2000
I have found that only users with admin rights can get the "edit custom dictionary" button to work within Tools > Options > Spelling in Outlook 98 or Outlook 2000 (the only versions that I have been able to review. Is this the case? I can't find a KB article about it. ...

VBA
I am running a make table query and the query does not run if the table is open. How can I programmatically check to see if table is open and close it if it is open? Thank you so much for helping. "Sue" <sea_099@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bd7c8b2a-b7a4-4afc-9774-99cb33fed0da@m25g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I am running a make table query and the query does not run if the > table is open. How can I programmatically check to see if table is > open and close it if it is open? Thank you so much for helping. You say your question is about VBA and you ...

Locating Pivot Table in VBA
I have a macro created in VBA that creates two Pivot Tables, one under the other. I works fine except I run into problems when the first table shows up with more rows than I expected when, in the VBA code, I set the table destination of the second table. Then the macro doesn't do well at all. I there a way I can set the table destination of the second table relative to the bottom of the first table? A statement something like this: (preceding stuff omitted).CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="[Workbookname.xls]SheetName!'Three rows below the table above" and so f...

Transfer information from column
Excel 2007 I have a large spreadsheet that was exported from a accounting file. There are four columns with addresses, (add 1, add 2...), I would like to be able to take this information and move it into one column without re-doing all the information. If I can do this, I will be able to wrap the text to fit on the same page. Sub put4columnsinto1() dim i as integer dim dlr as long dim lr as long For i = 2 To 4 dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1 lr = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row Cells(1, i).Resize(lr).Copy Cells(dlr, 1) Next i End Sub -- Don Guille...

Formatting information
Hello, I exporting a report to excel. The report is exported in Excel 5.0 format. When the information is displayed in Excel I need to re- format it to use in a report that I produce. Currently i do this manually but would like to automate the process using macro's. Firstly I want to re-format the date in column A, the information in this column are peoples names. This appears in the format Surname, First Name I want to change this to the format First Name Surname....eg Bloggs, Joe becomes Joe Bloggs. How can I do this? I have worked out hoe to re-format the other sections b...

how to load and edit music tags in excel
Excel is hands down a better program to edit things like music tags which are simple records... so why does everyone edit their music tags in programs like mp3tag etc??? Frustrated by this i wrote a .flac file tag edior that imports and exports the tags into excel easy as you like. will add wma support if the world love it! If you have a squuzebox you might especially love this program. All the vba code can be unlocked as well so you can modify it and see how stuff works. passord is on the the help sheet. www.exceltagger.com it looks a bit ugly in excel 2007 compared to the older versi...

Great Plains Information
Is there any websit that have information on Great Plains dedicated just to Great Plain, Is There any training facility to teach Great Plains in the DC, MD area or even good books Can anyone get Licence in Great Plains? Thanks To become a Microsoft partner to sell GP there are a number of things to do including paying the appropriate fees and taking certification exams. The website mbs.microsoft.com is your best site for information on Great Plains. I'm not aware of any third-party books on Great Plains functionality. If you go to the website above, you can search for a partne...

Editing dynamic worksheet exported from CRM to Excel 2003 *Correct
Hi, I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, and I often need to change the criteria used to pull the data. The workbook has the option to enable macros, but when I go to Tools>Macro>Macros, there are no macros listed. How can I edit the criteria for the existing dynamic worksheets without having to create a new dynamic worksheet each time there is a change? Thanks so much for any help. Kate;620589 Wrote: > Hi, > > I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, > and I > often need to cha...