List Box Change Event

Hi,

I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:

Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
Sheets("Report").Select
End Sub

My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All I
want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.

The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the
defined names.  Using 2003.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Martin

What sort of ListBox is it, from the Forms toolbar, or the Control tollbox?

If it is the former, you need to assign a macro, right-click>Assign Macro,
that does the sheet select. If if is the latter, you can add that code to
the worksheet's code module.

---
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
>
> Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> Sheets("Report").Select
> End Sub
>
> My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All
> want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
>
> The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in
> the
> defined names.  Using 2003.
>
> Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Martin

0
Bob
12/14/2009 12:26:46 PM
Maybe you meant this:

Private Sub ListBox1_Click()
    Sheets("Report").Select
End Sub

--
Regards!
Stefi

„Martin” ezt írta:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
>
> Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> Sheets("Report").Select
> End Sub
>
> My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All I
> want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
>
> The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the
> defined names.  Using 2003.
>
> Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Martin
The change function need to be in the VBA sheet where box is located.  I
usually add a break point in the macro to make sure the event is
occuring properly by selecting a line of code in the macro and hitting
F8.  The code will no work unless the application.enableevents is set to
true.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

[url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
joel
12/14/2009 12:33:26 PM
Are you actually changing something in the list box or are you just selecting
the list box.  If you are just selecting the listbox I would use the
MyListBox_Click Event.

If you are changing something in the list box try:

Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
   Sheets("Report").Activate
End Sub

or

Private Sub MyListBox_AfterUpdate()
   Sheets("Report").Activate
End Sub
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
>
> Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> Sheets("Report").Select
> End Sub
>
> My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All I
> want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
>
> The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the
> defined names.  Using 2003.
>
> Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Martin
Hi,

I have tried all suggestions but it still doesnt want to work.  Not sure
where to go from here, will have to think of other options...

Martin

"Ryan H" wrote:

> Are you actually changing something in the list box or are you just selecting
> the list box.  If you are just selecting the listbox I would use the
> MyListBox_Click Event.
>
> If you are changing something in the list box try:
>
> Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
>    Sheets("Report").Activate
> End Sub
>
> or
>
> Private Sub MyListBox_AfterUpdate()
>    Sheets("Report").Activate
> End Sub
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan
>

> "Martin" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
> >
> > Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> > Sheets("Report").Select
> > End Sub
> >
> > My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All I
> > want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
> >
> > The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> > does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the
> > defined names.  Using 2003.
> >
> > Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Martin
Check the name of your listbox in the properties window! It should be
MyListBox. If you create a new listbox, then Excel2003 gives it a name
ListBox1. MyListBox reminds me to the word usage of VBA Help. Maybe you
copied your code from there?
--
Regards!
Stefi

„Martin” ezt írta:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried all suggestions but it still doesnt want to work.  Not sure
> where to go from here, will have to think of other options...
>
> Martin
>

> "Ryan H" wrote:
>
> > Are you actually changing something in the list box or are you just selecting
> > the list box.  If you are just selecting the listbox I would use the
> > MyListBox_Click Event.
> >
> > If you are changing something in the list box try:
> >
> > Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> >    Sheets("Report").Activate
> > End Sub
> >
> > or
> >
> > Private Sub MyListBox_AfterUpdate()
> >    Sheets("Report").Activate
> > End Sub
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Ryan
> >

> > "Martin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
> > >
> > > Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> > > Sheets("Report").Select
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All I
> > > want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
> > >
> > > The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> > > does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the
> > > defined names.  Using 2003.
> > >
> > > Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Martin
Excel will automatically create the macro for you in the correct
location if you right click the listbox and select View Code.  If youy
are in 2003 you have to get into design mode by using the Triangle ICON
in the Control toolbox Toolbar (menu - View - Tool bars - control
Toolbox).

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=162267

[url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
joel
12/14/2009 1:10:28 PM
Its a list box drawn from the Forms meny bar and not the control box menu
bar. Assuming that has an impact?

"Stefi" wrote:

> Check the name of your listbox in the properties window! It should be
> MyListBox. If you create a new listbox, then Excel2003 gives it a name
> ListBox1. MyListBox reminds me to the word usage of VBA Help. Maybe you
> copied your code from there?
> --
> Regards!
> Stefi
>

> „Martin” ezt írta:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tried all suggestions but it still doesnt want to work.  Not sure
> > where to go from here, will have to think of other options...
> >
> > Martin
> >

> > "Ryan H" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you actually changing something in the list box or are you just selecting
> > > the list box.  If you are just selecting the listbox I would use the
> > > MyListBox_Click Event.
> > >
> > > If you are changing something in the list box try:
> > >
> > > Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> > >    Sheets("Report").Activate
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > Private Sub MyListBox_AfterUpdate()
> > >    Sheets("Report").Activate
> > > End Sub
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > Ryan

it is from the forms menu bar and I had assigned a macro previously but the
marco ran everytime I clicked in the list box and that included scrolling
down the list box.

So in effect it does work but it work on any click of the list box.  I only
want it to work when I select a different record in the list box and
certainly not when I just scroll down

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> What sort of ListBox is it, from the Forms toolbar, or the Control tollbox?
>
> If it is the former, you need to assign a macro, right-click>Assign Macro,
> that does the sheet select. If if is the latter, you can add that code to
> the worksheet's code module.
>

> ---
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>

> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module:
> >
> > Private Sub MyListBox_Change()
> > Sheets("Report").Select
> > End Sub
> >
> > My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens.  All
> > want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs.
> >
> > The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it
> > does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in
> > the
> > defined names.  Using 2003.
> >
> > Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Martin
>

> .

You could set the control Cell Link, and use worksheet change event to react
to any changes to that cell.

---

> Its a list box drawn from the Forms meny bar and not the control box menu
> bar. Assuming that has an impact?
>
> "Stefi" wrote:
>
>> Check the name of your listbox in the properties window! It should be
>> MyListBox. If you create a new listbox, then Excel2003 gives it a name
>> ListBox1. MyListBox reminds me to the word usage of VBA Help. Maybe you
>> copied your code from there?
>> --
>> Regards!
>> Stefi
>>

>> "Martin" ezt �rta:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have tried all suggestions but it still doesnt want to work.  Not
>> > sure
>> > where to go from here, will have to think of other options...
>> >
>> > Martin

0
Bob

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Changing language

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Event ID 9097
My Exchange 2003 namespace has become unregistered in Windows Management Instrumentation on the system. Support article 288590 describes my problem exactly. However, the resolution posted in the article does not work for me. I get an error message relating to invalid namespace. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...