Link error/Warning using macro in files converted to Excel 2007 (.

Problem: Receiving the following message during macro run "This workbook
  contains one or more links that can not be updated" with the continue or
  edit buttons.

 This only occurs for some files, which have no distinguishing
characteristic differences to the non warning message files

Background:
   Excel files converted, thru manual converter (open file, check
compatibility, and convert) from 2003 to 2007
   Macros only conversion was find and replace .xls with .xlsb
   Normal manual refresh of links works fine
   All files have exactly the same settings
   1. Read Only Recommended (Save-as General Options)
   2. Update Links - automatic update disabled, desired normal state
                                              is to prompt users (Data,
links, propmt user)
   3. Excel options, advanced
When calculating
   Update Links  [note have levered this with no effect]
   Save external link values
General
   Ask to update automatic links

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
        CurDir & "\Assumptions - At Risk Marketing Sizing Tool.xlsb" _

Original - ", UpdateLinks:=3, ReadOnly:=False,
IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended:=True"

CHANGED WITH NO EFFECT ", UpdateLinks:=xlUpdateLinksAlways"

I can not seem to find the cause and would appreciate advice.
4 main possibilities come to mind:
  1 missing a setting change
  2 corruption/incomplete 2003 conversion
  3 VB Change
  4 2007 installation network security

Using a formula to wrap text
I am using Excel 2000 I have a worksheet which is in effect an index containing a reference number and an address. the addresses were typed in, one cell per address, using ALT+ENTER at the end of each line laying it out like an address label. The cells are formatted a wrapped text. I am now able to make use of a linked spreadsheet from an Access database maintained elsewhere and more importantly always up to date. However, each line of the address is in a different column, 6 in all, and also the managers name, which is a bonus. I can use CONCATENATE to bring all the columns into one ...

File size #11

Using a database created in Access 03 in Access 97
I created a database in 2003 at home then I went to work I found out that I cannot open this database in Access 1997. Would there happen to be fix for this? Thanks in advance; Very few products are designed with sufficient prescience that they can open files created with future versions. <g> The only fix is to take advantage of the fact that Access 2003 can save the database in Access 97 format (look under Tools | Database Utilities) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Roby" <Roby@discussions.microsof...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8