Kill Open Read Only Message on Open

I have a workbook that I want to run on a schedule after working hours. It
has a Workbook_Open event that kicks off several macros. The problem is that
when Windows Scheduler opens the workbook when I'm not here, a dialog opens
stating that my personal.xls is read only. There will always be other
workbooks and instances of Excel open and who knows which one will have
read-write priveliges on personal.xls but i really don't care. How do I get
Excel to ignore this prompt for personal.xls when I open this workbook (or
any workbook for that matter)?

Thanks. [Excel 2007; Windows XP Pro]
-1

View messages by Message Timeline
When working with message views I selected view current view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very useful for keeping chronologic track of events. The question is that from time to time a bar of varying length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure what it means. At fires I thought it had something to do with the number of message threads but some of the messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones with a good number of threads. Does anyone know what these thing are? That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in ques...

Virus sending messages?
When I do a "Send/Receive", often it says that it is sending messages. None of these messages show up in the "Send Items" folder and I obviously had not composed any messages to send. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP). I am up to date with the Windows Updates, and I am running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition with the latest virus definitions. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. You may be sending read receipts - they won't show up in the Outbox. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

opening forwarded mail
I have looked through all my setting and still can't figure this one out. When someone forwards me a message that they received, i will sometimes get it as a small envelope (attachment). When I double click on it, nothing happens. When I save it to my desktop, it isn't recognized. But, when I open it with my webmail there isn't a problem. I can double click on pictures and they open fine, but not these types of email. Does anyone have anything they can assist with so I don't always have to go through my webmail? Thanks, Sam dreamer <safer@home.net> wrote: >...

Exchange Defrag/Slow message delivery
Hello all! We've been running into a minor issue that we've decided to take a look at. When someone sends an e-mail to the entire company, it can take up to 5 minutes for some recipients to receive the message. We were wondering if this had something to do with database defragmentation. I checked the Application Event logs and found that the online defragmentation for the Private Information Store has never completed. I'm seeing Event ID 704 entries stating that the Online Defragmentation was interrupted and terminated. This has been occuring every day going back to 1/...

mailbox warning message
Exchange server 5.5 Can you tell me where I can find the text? file that contains the default warning message when a users mailbox breaches its limit. I would like to edit this message many thanks adam .. There is no Microsoft supported way of doing this. I would suggest you call PSS to find alternatives, and if you would like, have the person you work with email or call me. -- Dan Winter, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Set up sending same message everyday
I need help on how to set my outlook to send a message to the same group everyday Thanks DK ...

email attatchment containing original message
please help every email i receive contains an attatchment which is a notepad page containing the email message too. Stuart, at least 3 of us today have had this problem. I solved this problem on my machine by the simple expedient of rebooting! Before rebooting, I had deleted all cookies, temporary internet files and files in windows/temp, as this was suggested in response to another posting (evidently this helped similar problems in Outlook Express). This latter did nothing, but the reboot did. You might have to do both. Deleting temporary internet files and cookies is done in I...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

problem Opening jpg's only
Recently, in Outlook 2003, I noticed that I can';t open and view jpg's anymore. Other attachements (mpg, pdf) are fine. I get the message: 'The system cannot find the file specified' I can save the file to disk and can view it easily just by clicking on it. It happens whether McAfee antivirus is enabled or disabled. I don't think it is level 1 attachments which are being blocked as in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 829982. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Craig I am having the same issue. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks Jeremy >-----Original M...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

all messages are deleted
I get an email in Outlook 2002. I can read it but if I go to another email the message I just read will be completely deleted from the machine. If I move it to another folder the other emails I just received will be deleted from the machine before I can read them. I have no rules on how it should handle messages. I have no filters on They're probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" vie...

Hotmail deletes messages in Outlook
It seems that it is the intention of Outlook is to mirror Hotmail. I deleted my messages in Hotmail to cleanup the account thinking that these messages were safe in Outlook. Upon returning to Outlook, after deleting the Hotmail messages online, my Outlook messages were also deleted, including the Archive file. Is this the correct behavior of the products (connector/Outlook/hotmail)? May I assume that all is lost? Is there a way to modify this behavior in the future, such that the messages in Outlook are safe from operations performed in Hotmail. I am just interested in downloadin...

Reading material for someone new to Exchange
Hi, Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 server. I know nothing about it and want some beginner information to find out what it is capable of doing and how to do it. All the books on Amazon seem to be for advanced users so I'd appreciate if someone could recommend some books for beginners. Thanks in advance, George On Wed, 10 May 2006 12:23:28 +0100, "George Taylor" <newsgroups@kellymurray.ie> wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 >server. > >I know nothin...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Problem Printing Email Messages
When one person at my company prints Outlook Email messages, the right edge of the text sometimes gets cut off. Has anyone seen this happen? We can't find any printing settings that help and it looks find on screen. Thanks. ...

'Excel reclaculates formulas' message
I have a macro that creates Excel files and saves them to the network. When I subsequently open these files and then go to close them without having made changes, I get a message asking if I want to save changes along with the statement "Microsoft Office Excel recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier version of Excel." I'm using the same version of Excel! The file I use as a template for the created files is not an earlier version of Excel and the macro is run from a file that is not an earlier version of Excel. I don't want the users of th...

Excel 2010 not opening in maximized view
Hi, I am starting to use Office 2010 and Excel is only opening in a small window. Does anyone have knowledge on how to get it to open in full window (be the size of my screen)? All other office applications open in full view. Thanks in advance. Thank you for the suggestion, however this did not work. I performed these steps then tried it, didn't take so I rebooted, still didn't take and I double checked that in showed as Maximized and it did. Any further suggestions? Thanks "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > Try right(!) clicking the "Excel&quo...

new message window scrolling strangely
I'm using Outlook 2007, and have been for about 6 months. I'm experiencing a new problem, and can't figure out why. When i'm composing a long message, the message window scrolls strangely, and displays the top of the window, such that I'm not seeing what I'm typing. Text entry is happening in the right place, but the window display is wrong. I have to continually scroll back down to see what I'm typing, and as soon as the line wraps, it happens again. ugghh This seems to happen whether i'm using HTML, Rich Text, or plain text. And it just started happening rec...

Customize Mailbox limit message in exchange 2000
can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when a user reaches their mailbox limit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Get the "Quota Message Service for Exchange" from www.gotdotnet.com. Instructions are in the package. http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=b82dabfa-8353-472c-b82b-1423263ab1bb "Mark Alejandro" <MarkAlejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E49C9AC-BC01-4D07-AA3F-200370E55402@microsoft.com... > can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when a > user >...

Message between 2 Exchange servers
I have 2 servers in the same site, (1) exchange 2000 and (1) 2003. The 2003 is new and I have moved a few mailboxes to it and everything seems good. Messages within the 2000 server are good and messages within the 2003 server are good. Messages from the 2003 server to the 2000 server are good, BUT not from 2000 to 2003. Do I need some connector or something between the servers in the same site? Any suggestions? Thanks, -Steve On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:09:01 -0700, Steve N <SteveN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 servers in the same site, (1) exchange 2000 and (1) 2...

outlook 2007
Sometimes when i send a mail, the sent mail stays in the outbox but the "sent" column is filled in to tell me that the message is actually sent? I have tried to set a longer timeout but that did not help, we use a internal mail server. The message at this moment has a PDF attachment that is app. 3MB(our mailserver is able to send documents from max 8MB). Can anybody help me?? thanks The Sent column represents the time that the Send button got pressed; it does not indicate if it actually got off on its merry way to the receiver (that's when it has left the Out...