Keyboard shortcut for add-in

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to an add-in macro?

Francis
0
Francis

Certainly.

In the Tools>Macro>Macros dialog, type the name of your macro then "Options"

Add a shortcut then "Cancel"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:36:23 -0800 (PST), Francis <hayeshome@nl.rogers.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to an add-in macro?
>
>Francis

0
Gord

how to add text(date) to a cell
Hi, I am trying to check a condition and if it is true then Cells(2,4).Value="Jan07". But for some reason, the value Jan07 becomes 7-Jan in that cell. Can anybody tell me how to correct this problem. If (Cells(2, 2).Value = 20070101) Then Cells(2, 4).Value = "Jan07" End If Do you want the Value Jan07 in that cell or do you want a date in that cell and format it so that it shows Jan07? With activesheet.cells(2,2) if .value = 20070101 then .numberformat = "@" 'text .value = "Jan07" end if end with or maybe... With activ...

Keyboard Language property on datasheet view did not work
I heve a text box in a form on datasheet view and the Keyboard Language property did not work why? ...

How to use xmlwriter to add an attribute to any element?
I want to make my XML as such: <parentItem> <childItem attribute="myAttribute">myContent</childItem> </parentItem> I thought I could just do this: objXMLWriter.WriteElementString("childItem", "myContent") objXMLWriter.WriteAttributeString("attribute", "myAttribute") But...I get an error. And I found this that explains why: http://weblogs.asp.net/sonukapoor/pages/204572.aspx However, it only explains why it happens, not how to actually do what I want. From what I can tell, WriteAttributeString can ONLY be applie...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

How do I add a second axis in Office 2000?
I want to display data using two different scales. DEC In your chart, right click <chart type> <custom types> <Line with 2 axes> Alex "DEC" wrote: > I want to display data using two different scales. Note that your chart must have a second series before you invoke the secondary axis option. Double click one of the series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DEC wrote: > I want to display data using two differen...

"Pivot Table" option in Add / Remove buttons for Pivot Table Toolbar
Hello: I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the Pivot Table Toolbar so that a user can not select it (make it available). The users will have access to the Pivot Table Toolbar so that they can refresh data, select fields, collapse and expand data etc. but not have access to the Pivot Table button which gives access to (Pivot Table Wizard, Options etc.) Please help. Thanks. Forge On Aug 22, 3:02=A0am, Forge <forg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the > Pivot...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Add or delete symbols Stock Quotes
I am trying to use MSN MoneyCentral to pull stock quotes into Excel 2003. However, if I want to add or delete a stock from the portfolio I am watching (after buying or selling), I have to begin all over again with a new monitor page. MSN Money Central will not permit me to simply insert a new position at the bottom of the current list. Since I then carry the stock quotes to a second page in the folder (to calculate the value of the gain or loss in the account), the symbols no longer correspond with the right cells on the first page. Any ideas? ...

How to add a extra control in File Open Dialog Control
Hi, I want to know how to add a extra control (ie extra ComboBox in the File Open dialog).. How can i achieve this .... Kindly give some sample of code.... Thanx In Advance Regards Senthil You must programme your own file dialog. search codeguru.com for examples. Guido ...

Shortcut to Word 2007
In Word 2003, I had a shortcut with /n to open Word without a blank page being opened. I have tried to do this in Word 2007 as follows: Right-click on Microsoft Office Word 2007 in the Start Menu, send to Desktop, Create Shortcut. Right-click on Shortcut. However, I get stuck there as I do not have an option to add /n as there is no 'Start in' listed. Can you help please? Instead of trying to create a shortcut from the item on the Start menu (which is itself only a shortcut), go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12. Right-click the file W...

keyboard doesn't work
The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you press them. -- Carol Type of keyboard????? "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4120BCCB-DB63-4C37-91D4-B0A7BB1340F7@microsoft.com... > The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the > desktop > appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when > you > press them. > -- > Carol On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:2...

How do I add certificates for digital signatures
I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a certificate? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:47:39 -0800 (PST), Chris Nelson <chris.nelson.1022@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx >and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, >the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a...

Outlook 2000 .PST backup add-on...
.... which I've just discovered and downloaded, won't let me make a backup... it says "Cannot copy outlook: Acces is denied". I've checked under Tools to make sure it's there and it is. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks! C. As Ben may be asleep, <quote> Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm <unquote> (Thanks Ben - excellent page!!) Ed "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:u0k8%23vUUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ... which I've jus...

Add an incremental field to an existing table
I have a table with data in it, whihc now needs to have a unique ID added to each record. The ID must start at 2000000 and increment by 1 for each record. Can I achieve this, and if so how? Many TIA Duncs I'd suggest first adding an autonumber column, and a long integer number column to the table. The autonumber will be filled automatically. Check that it starts with 1 and increments by 1, and if so execute an update query, updating the long integer number column to: [YourAutonumberColumn]+1999999 You can then delete the autonumber column from the table and make t...

Add a symbol to entries
I'd like to add a symbol such as " (for inch), GB (for GigaBytes) to entries. I tried Custom by using 0.0" but it gives errors. Strangely if I put 0.0' it actually works but not anything else. Thanks for the help, You're using a custom number format? If yes, you could use: 0.00\" or 0.00\G\B cpliu wrote: > > I'd like to add a symbol such as " (for inch), GB (for GigaBytes) to > entries. > > I tried Custom by using 0.0" but it gives errors. Strangely if I put > 0.0' it actually works but not anything else. > > Thanks...

Outlook 2003 Not able to add Items to History
It does not let me add Items or files to contact history, I'll get windows report error ...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

Add a picture
Hello all,- I would like to add an picture in a Excel range (not a background for the entire sheet but only 1 range of cells). This picture has to be behind the range - so if I type something in the cell range, it will be much clearer (instead of having that picture on top of that range with transparency effect). Do you know if it is feasible or if Excel 2003 provided this feature? Thank you in advance! No. Other than worksheet background images, all images reside in the Drawing Layer "above" the cells. One workaround would be to insert your picture, then use the camera tool ...

add GENDERCODE to leads
We implemented MS CRM some time ago, and now we come across some minor issues... one of them is: why can't we add the GENDERCODE to a lead?? is there a way to do it (easily) or can we better forget about it??? ...

Exporting add-in containing dll functions to other computers
Hello everybody, I developed an add-in for excel 2000 containing wrapper functions for a dll I made as well. Now I'm trying to export this add-in to another computer by copying the add-in to the other computers add-in folder(ie. C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns) and placing the dll I developed to the windows' system32 folder. Even though I do this something goes wrong and I get only an error report #Value! for every function I try to to use. The add-in works just fine on the pc I developed this add-in on. If you have any idea please...

how do I add an image to the side of an address label
I'm making address labels and all I want to do is add images. Like a heart then my name and address...I can paste the image to the left side but i can't figure out how to add my address to the right? I am using microsoft word. I don't want a text box cause it shows up on the label. And I don't want to pay someother company to make me address labels. HELP!! Add a Text box and type in your address. -- Don Vancouver, USA "HeatherAnn0624" <HeatherAnn0624@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A45CCDDA-FDA4-40C1-BCA6-E3358D4CD425@microsoft.com......

add custom recipient exchange 2000?
How would I go about adding a custom recipient exchange 2000. I want the display in outlook to be User1 but if mail is sent it should be forwarded to whatever@outsidedomain.com. Thanks, Peretz Stern Create Contacts in Active Directory Users and Computers -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@verizon.net> wrote in message news:vcszb.5862$t87.2519@nwrdny02.gnilink.net... > How would I go about adding a custom recipient exchange 2000. I want the > display in outlook to be User1 but if mail is sent ...

Number of selected shortcut files
Does anyone know of any function that can tell us number of shorcut files selected by a user on Windows Explorer. Hi, Based on my experience, there is no direct method. I suggest that you can perform the following steps to implement this functionality: 1. Use FindWindow to get the handle to Windows Explorer. 2. Call EnumChildWindows() to find the handle to ListView in the Windows Explorer. 3. Get CListCtrl from CListView. 4. Retrieve the selected listview items, and count the items whose type is Shortcut. Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or concerns. Have a ni...