Is there a work-a-round i can use for making a datagrid....

Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would input
info, and  once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the workbook.
I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get the
update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control In
Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to do
this?

When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a
data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you
didn't supply enough information for us to tell you more (for example, how
many rows and columns or whether the number of rows and columns are fixed or
dynamic)? If a worksheet set up to look like a form,  you could just use a
portion of the worksheet's grid, perhaps with borders to set it apart from
the rest of the worksheet's setup.

Oh, and what did you mean by "once completed"... a button to push to signal
all data has been input or were you thinking that each entry would go to the
"correct area's of the workbook" as inputted? Also, it might help if you
could give us an idea of what those "correct areas" are.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mr. GetRight" <MrGetRight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would
> input
> info, and  once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the
> workbook.
> I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get
> the
> update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control
> In
> Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to
> do
> this?

0
Rick
3/13/2010 4:36:46 PM
From what I read about DataGrid, you can do the same thing directly on an
Excel sheet.  You might have to use different facilities to execute commands
and manipulate data, but it is all there.  And as Rick pointed out, there is
always the UserForm options that onece set up can be just as efficient
(maybe more so) as DataGrid.  IMHO, it is just a matter of how much one
wants to learn about the appllication.

"Mr. GetRight" <MrGetRight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would
> input
> info, and  once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the
> workbook.
> I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get
> the
> update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control
> In
> Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to
> do
> this?

0
JLGWhiz
3/13/2010 7:09:08 PM
I'm using a UserForm,
I have a worksheet that is a templete of a bill to be sent to a customer.
The sheet already has the company  header, disclaimer, columns heading, and
is only missing the detail info like client name, address, products, cost,
codes, amount due, etc.

Right now i have to go to different screens to collect the info and type it
one at a time, or write everything down and then type it to sheet. I figured,
i can make an userform, hide the excel sheet, keep the form on top as I go
through the diff screens/systems  collecting the info and once finish, hit
the create button and apply the data to the correct area's of the sheet. The
info that would go in the datagrid or textbox would be no more then 8
columns, and as far as the rows, it could be 1 or could be more then 30.

I have another project that i'm working to try to save me sometime that
involves a few different sheets but if I could get help no this one I could
apply it to the other project. Hope this was a little bet more clear.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

> When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a
> data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you
> didn't supply enough information for us to tell you more (for example, how
> many rows and columns or whether the number of rows and columns are fixed or
> dynamic)? If a worksheet set up to look like a form,  you could just use a
> portion of the worksheet's grid, perhaps with borders to set it apart from
> the rest of the worksheet's setup.
>
> Oh, and what did you mean by "once completed"... a button to push to signal
> all data has been input or were you thinking that each entry would go to the
> "correct area's of the workbook" as inputted? Also, it might help if you
> could give us an idea of what those "correct areas" are.
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Mr. GetRight" <MrGetRight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would
> > input
> > info, and  once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the
> > workbook.
> > I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get
> > the
> > update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control
> > In
> > Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to
> > do
> > this?
>
> .

in CRM Mobile, Can we assign / apply rules ?
Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign / apply rules / convert ... These functions are not available out of box. You can however, create workflow rules that "watches" for some changes to field records so it can be triggered wheneven those fields are updated by CRM Mobile or Mobile Express. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Goldensun" wrote: > Both in CRM Mobile and Mobile Express, I didn't see any function about assign > / apply rules / convert ... ...

Rounding Averages on my Report
I created a summary report using the report wizard and grouped by date and selected avg. The report works fine except I would the numbers to be rounded. For example: The average for January shows 19.5, however I would like it displayed as 20. If February is 23.1678993, I would like it displayed as 23. Can someone help me with this? Thx Try... = Format([YourAvg], "#") 19.5 should display as 20 (rounding up from .5 or greater) 23.1678993 should display as 23 (rounding down from .5 or less) or... if you need numeric... ...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

How can I default a lookup field to a particular value.
How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow the user to modify the field if necessary? Thanks, Bob Johnson you mean a drop down or picklist? "Bob" <rjohnson@reveregroup.com> wrote in message news:1130947400.655495.115390@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I default a lookup field to a certain value, but still allow > the user to modify the field if necessary? > > Thanks, > > Bob Johnson > i have the same question in crm 3.0. i want a default value in a lookup filed. i also want to create a lookup field by my self....

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Sender ID doesn't works? Perf. counters = 0!
Hi, the sender ID feature appear to not work correctly on my server. the performance counters are allways = 0. Total message validated by sender id = 0 etc... I jhave followed all the instruction in the video: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx my SMTP virtual server is enabled, my server is enabled, but there is no changes. any idea? thanks. Jerome. ...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Rounding with no Decimals...
Hello all, I have a cell set up to show a number with no decimals. With decimals the number should be 5555.9854... but when I set it up to show no decimals it returns 5556. is there a way to tell it not to round the whole number at all? Thanks so much, Confused Man "Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in news:ZdCdnScz65Lm2HTfRVn-tA@comcast.com: > Hello all, > > I have a cell set up to show a number with no decimals. With decimals > the number should be 5555.9854... but when I set it up to show no > decimals it returns 5556. is there a way to tell it no...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Making Bars Transparent
Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? Hi, Here is a work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Tiffany wrote: > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is a work around. > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm > > Cheers > Andy > > Tiffany wrote: > > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? > > -- &...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

DLookup Not Working
I have a form i want to create a DLookup where I get the Last_Name on the tblUserNameTest when the field txtUser on the active form equals the User_IDon the tblUserNameTest table. I have this and it is not working what am I doing wrong? =DLookUp("[Last_Name]","tblUserNameTest","User_ID = " & [txtUser]) Whatever you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. lisa What data type is the field User_ID? Your code indicates it is a numeric data type. If txtUser is a form control on the current form, you should be qualifying it with either Me. or...

Make Smartlist Payables trx find unposted batches for reconcile
Smartlist currently does not view unposted payables batches. Many people want to use this object to review unposted batches and to assist in reconciling AP to the G/L or to dump AP transaction history for auditors. he Payables Transaction Smartlist object pulls the distribution accounts from the Vendor master and not the actual posted distribution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

How do I make a CD booklet?
I'm making a CD and found template to make the CD cover and the back of the CD case, but I'm not sure how to make the CD booklet. If someone could let me know that would be great! Page setup, booklet, landscape, width 4.75, height 4.75 This setup will print on letter size stock with crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0616730-90AE-488D-B9E2-8C856B25C237@microsoft.com... > I'm making a CD and found template to ma...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

How do gift cards work?
I'm new to MS POS 2.0, so please forgive me if this is off base... I want to be able to sell and accept gift cards in my store. I do not want to use pre-loaded Visa cards, but rather just a custom card that I will have someone build for me. What is the right way to go about this? I'm thinking that I need to get cards with a unique code on their mag-stripe which I can register in MS POS 2.0 with an associated $ amount. Is this correct? MS POS doesn't support Gift Cards, only RMS. Craig "Randy M" <RandyMagnuson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pJNqwRFI...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...