Is there a way to protect hidden rows and also change fill color?

I have a sheet protected for contents only. I need this so I can hide
some rows and columns. It is also preventing me from changing fill
color.

Is there a way to protect hidden rows and also change fill color? ...
excel97
0
Fan924

I'm not sure if it works on Excel97 but when you go to protect, there is a
checkbox you can click that still gives them the ability to format cells. If
you need the code for it, just record a macro.
--
-John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/
is helpful.

"Fan924" wrote:

> I have a sheet protected for contents only. I need this so I can hide
> some rows and columns. It is also preventing me from changing fill
> color.
>
> Is there a way to protect hidden rows and also change fill color? ...
> excel97
> .

How to correctly change security?
There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set as Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissions and policies from domain controller server. I removed Power User from computer in Control Panel, but are there places where I must make changes? Is this enough? On Apr 14, 5:09=A0pm, girts <gi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set = as > Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissio= ns > and policies from domain c...

Is there a quick way of assigning multiple series to a bubble char
Each series requires a three-column block of cells, one each for X, Y, and bubble size. Select the block for the first series and create the chart. Select the block for the second series, copy it, select the chart, use Edit menu - Paste Special to add the data as a New Series, with categories in the first column. Repeat as needed. If the series share the X values, you can use this sequence of columns: X Y1 B1 Y2 B2 Y3 B3 where X is the column of shared X values, Yi is the column of Y values for the ith series, and Bi is the column of bubble sizes for the ith series. - Jon -----...

changing a custom toolbar
I have a legacy access database that i'm now working on in Access 2007. I have a custom toolbar set up in there (at least that is what A2007 shows it as on the Add-Ins tab of the ribbon). I need to edit that custom toolbar (menu). How do I do that? Karen Hey Karen, I have spent a lot of time trying to find examples to be able to edit a menubar from a previous version in Access 2007. Finally, I have come up with the following that works! I hope this helps: --- start code --- Function TweakToolbar() Dim cbr As CommandBar Dim cbrctl As CommandBarControl Dim cbrbutt As C...

Strike-through an entire row.
OK... I need to know if there is a way I can strike through the text on a row by highlighting the row with the defunkt information and activating a macro. Let's see if I can give an example. Say I'm entering data in, row by row... Each row's data is SIMILAR but not the same. Now let's say that apon review I notice that one of the row is incorrect. I need to be able to highlight the row (Presumably by selecting the corresponding number on the left hand side {1,2,3 etc}) then I need to run a macro (that will eventually be tied to a button) and then be done the macro would tur...

how do i change days in a year to 365
How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for functions such as Days360 and other methods of figuring out how many days occur between 2 dates? The number of days between two dates can be calculated by direct subtraction. For example, if A1 contains 1/1/2004 and A2 contains 1/1/2005 and you enter the formula =A2-A1 in another cell, the result will be 366 (formated as an integer). -- Gary's Student "tripjules" wrote: > How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for > functions such as Days360 and other methods o...

Color Scheme Registry Key
Hello, I have a new computer that has Windows Vista Business Edition and had Office Standard Edition 2007 installed. I have since installed Office Small Business Editon 2007 on it. When I run Publisher and click on Color Scheme, I get the following message: "The color scheme registry key is either missing or corruput. Run Setup again to reinstall the color scheme registry." I have since reinstalled Office as directed, but with no success. I then uninstalled Office and reinstalled, again without success. Please help. Thanks, Zevon Hello Zevon, I have looked everywhere fo...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Sorting rows out of order after all rows are numbered in sequence
Data is in 4 columns with Headers described below: Col A - Line# (rows are numbered in original order in worksheet) Col B - Acct# (property number) Col C - Category (code for the type of information in the rows ie: E, V, X, T) Col D - Label (description of the data or values in the row) There is one row of Expenses (all begin with "LOE - ") that is numbered out of sequence from the other "LOE -" items. I need to Move it up with the other "LOE -" items and if possible Re-sort all the "LOE -" items BUT only the "LOE -" rows within e...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

Search and Replace, or Add New Row
I am using Excel 2003. Worksheet1 contains columns (A) Invoice (B) Name (C) Address (D) P.O.# ... and others. I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data. If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row. Is there a simple way to do this? Check your other post.. "GEdwards" wrote: > I am using Excel 2003. > > Worksheet1 contains columns > (A) Invoice > (B) Name > (C) Address > (D) P.O.# ... and others. > > I need to...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

parent/child row relationships
I have a database that contains several rows for one record. (I didn't set this up) Anyway, there is a header row that has one or more detailed row, using the same ID number. There are unique keys that are in sequential order for each row. I need to be able to bring up the header row on the top of the form, and all detail at the bottom of the form -- VB@work You gonna need form and subform with Master/Child link on the Record field (ID number). Use these queries -- Van_Work_Header --- SELECT Van_Work.Record, Van_Work.Sequential, Van_Work.Text1, Van_Work.Text2 FROM Van_Work ...

SPPS
Hi We have SharePoint Portal Server 2007 english version. Duo to our localizatino, we need to change it to native Slovenian language. Is this possible and what are the steps to do this? Regards, Miha ------=_NextPart_0001_F428B286 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Once a site is created you cannot change its language. You would need to create a second site in the alternate language. Steps to do this are located here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287692.aspx Note: There are a few blog entries and newsgroup posts that talk ab...

CHANGING LEGEND TEXT
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel. Using 2007 Student & Home version. Hi, Select the chart and use the ribbon Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mareng" <mareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF2E10C-04F5-411E-94C0-2504B48C1900@microsoft.com... &...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

How can I retrieve rows from 11 to 20 ( Selete TOP 10 gives first 10)
Using 'Select Top 10' gives me first 10 rows of my table. I need to retrieve the next 10 records. I am writing to an excel spreadsheet where I need to write top 10 rows starting from B2 and next 10 records starting from I2. So how can I split them? Every time I have to split into 10rows each. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201004/1 Something like this will get the job done. I don't know your table/ field names... SELECT TOP 10 primaryKey FROM myTable WHERE primaryKey NOT IN (SELECT TOP...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

row height #12
My default row height is set at 13.20 and it goes up and down in .6 increments. Everyone else in my office has the default as 12.75 and it goes up and down in .75 increments. Our fonts are exactly the same, and every other option we could think of is the same, where can I adjust this? Thanks Open a new workbook and make the desired change to row height, save the workbook in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart as Book.xlt (or wherever located on your system). Make sure you move and save the original Book.xlt first in case you decide to restore the original. I don't ...

Form that changes dafualt value in a table
Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value in field “price” is $2.00 I want to be able to change it to $3.00 by typing it in my form without have to going to the table design view. So if you got some code for my command button please reply. Thank You! On Dec 13, 8:44 am, Jone <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I made a form that has a text box and a command button, and I want to be > able to change the default value in a table, for example the default value i...

SBS2003, Exhange2003
Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over there limit. I have a list of instructions that may make my life easier, showing the users what they have to do. Any help would be appreciated Regards Adrian Fairhurst On 08 Oct 2004 09:34:26 GMT, Adrian Fairhurst <adrian.fairhurst@pcc.uk.net> wrote: >Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if >there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over >there limit. > >I ...

Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autexecnew
I am recieving weird error messages. I have been unable to find any information on the support page. So hopefully someone can help. Here are the error messages. I recieve them in Excel 97. One when i start excel. the otheer when i close excel. Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autexecnew (open) Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon (close) ...

Setting Cell Color within a Cell
I'm using quick test professional which uses Excel DataTables, but with half the functionality. I'm basically exporting a the datatable from Mercury quick test to excel. With in my quick test script I'm performing a compare between two excel documents, and I wish to represent the difference with a Red background. Basically, Is they anyway in which I could add so code within my cell that would automatically change the back ground color. Example: My result is 4.13. I would then change this variable within quicktest to something like vbRed.4.13. Then when it gets sen...

Fore Color Field Problem
Hi I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is black again. I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color from red to black again. Can you please help me with that? Thanks On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your > application, ...

SUm function and adding rows
Is there a way to get the SUM function to increase the range if a row is added right above the previous SUM range. FOr example to go from SUM(C3, C22) to SUM (C3, C23) when I insert a row directly above row 24 - wher the SUM function resides. You could use a formula like this in C23: =SUM(C2:OFFSET(C23,-1,0)) FredZack wrote: > > Is there a way to get the SUM function to increase the range if a row is > added right above the previous SUM range. FOr example to go from SUM(C3, C22) > to SUM (C3, C23) when I insert a row directly above row 24 - wher the SUM >...