Is it possible to assign fonts using formular?

 I have a formular:
=REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " &
VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)

but I need to change the font of the 2nd
"VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section.
 Is this possible to do?

A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify
anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a
cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is
recalculated.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:52:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I have a formular:
>=REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " &
>VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)
>
>but I need to change the font of the 2nd
>"VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section.
> Is this possible to do?
0
Chip
2/2/2010 10:11:25 PM
Check your other post, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

  Then, my next selection would run the code again, so the code would
have to have several formatting modules that get called by the selected
drop down list value, and that value would get tested for each time the
drop down changes.

  That way, I can have a result cell, that has a variable font by way of
one choice, and a variable value by way of another.

  Is this possible?  It should be a mere formatting script that I copy
and repeat several times, renaming each sub-module and pointing each at a
different font to be made available.

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:11:25 -0600, Chip Pearson <chip@cpearson.com>
wrote:

>A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify
>anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a
>cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is
>recalculated.
>
>Cordially,
>Chip Pearson
>Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
>Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>www.cpearson.com
>[email on web site]
>

>On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:52:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I have a formular:
>>=REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " &
>>VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)
>>
>>but I need to change the font of the 2nd
>>"VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section.
>> Is this possible to do?
0
Copacetic
4/12/2010 7:58:00 PM
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:58:00 -0700, Copacetic
<Copacetic@iseverythingalright.org> wrote:

>  Can I code a script that will, based on a selected value, format a
>cell, and then fill it with a result of another cell's lookup value,
>carrying the font that the code assigned based on the selected "font
>choice"?
>
>  Then, my next selection would run the code again, so the code would
>have to have several formatting modules that get called by the selected
>drop down list value, and that value would get tested for each time the
>drop down changes.
>
>  That way, I can have a result cell, that has a variable font by way of
>one choice, and a variable value by way of another.
>
>  Is this possible?  It should be a mere formatting script that I copy
>and repeat several times, renaming each sub-module and pointing each at a
>different font to be made available.
>

>On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:11:25 -0600, Chip Pearson <chip@cpearson.com>
>wrote:
>
>>A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify
>>anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a
>>cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is
>>recalculated.
>>
>>Cordially,
>>Chip Pearson
>>Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
>>Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>>www.cpearson.com
>>[email on web site]
>>

>>On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:52:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I have a formular:
>>>=REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " &
>>>VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)
>>>
>>>but I need to change the font of the 2nd
>>>"VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section.
>>> Is this possible to do?

  Had to re-post this as a new post since a lot of folks do not look at a
response to a post.

  Any thoughts on the topic, folks?
0
Copacetic
4/13/2010 10:24:13 AM
Not sure what you are asking, but see if this gets you pointed in the right
direction.

Sub WTTwo()     'Displays each letter with different font and color
diagonally
    Dim MyValue, MyString
    MyString = "WATCHTHIS"
    fnt = Array("Algerian", "Kristen ITC", "Comic Sans MS", "Forte",
"Jokerman", "Colonna MT", "Book Antigua", "Broadway", "Chiller", "Playbill",
"Georgia", "Mistral", "Bauhaus 93", "Eras Bold ITC")
    counter = 1
        Do
            Randomize
            MyValue = Int((13 * Rnd) + 1)
            If counter <= 5 Then
                Cells(counter + 1, counter + 3).Font.Name = fnt(MyValue)
                Cells(counter + 1, counter + 3).Font.Size = (counter * 2) +
28
                Cells(counter + 1, counter + 3).Font.ColorIndex = (counter *
2) + 4
                Cells(counter + 1, counter + 3) = Mid(MyString, counter, 1)
            End If
            If counter >= 6 Then
                Cells(counter - 3, counter + 2).Font.Name = fnt(MyValue)
                Cells(counter - 3, counter + 2).Font.Size = (counter * 2) +
28
                Cells(counter - 3, counter + 2).Font.ColorIndex = (counter *
3) + 15
                Cells(counter - 3, counter + 2) = Mid(MyString, counter, 1)
            End If
            counter = counter + 1
            Beep
            'HalfSecDly   '<<<separate function not included
        Loop Until counter = 10
        PauseTime
End Sub

"Copacetic" <Copacetic@iseverythingalright.org> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:58:00 -0700, Copacetic
> <Copacetic@iseverythingalright.org> wrote:
>
>>  Can I code a script that will, based on a selected value, format a
>>cell, and then fill it with a result of another cell's lookup value,
>>carrying the font that the code assigned based on the selected "font
>>choice"?
>>
>>  Then, my next selection would run the code again, so the code would
>>have to have several formatting modules that get called by the selected
>>drop down list value, and that value would get tested for each time the
>>drop down changes.
>>
>>  That way, I can have a result cell, that has a variable font by way of
>>one choice, and a variable value by way of another.
>>
>>  Is this possible?  It should be a mere formatting script that I copy
>>and repeat several times, renaming each sub-module and pointing each at a
>>different font to be made available.
>>

>>On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:11:25 -0600, Chip Pearson <chip@cpearson.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify
>>>anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a
>>>cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is
>>>recalculated.
>>>
>>>Cordially,
>>>Chip Pearson
>>>Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
>>>Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>>>www.cpearson.com
>>>[email on web site]

>  Had to re-post this as a new post since a lot of folks do not look at a
> response to a post.
>
>  Any thoughts on the topic, folks?

0
JLGWhiz

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

How to create Windows forms like in VB using VC++6?
Hi I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.net, C,C++ and JAVA. Now I am doing project in Directx sdk using MS-VC++ 6. I learned MFC enough to program. But I couldn't make Windows forms like VB. I have tried it using Appwizard but it so Clumsy. The Appwizard is focusing in Doc/View architecture. Now Anyone tell me how to create Windows Form Application without Doc/view Support in MS-VC++ 6............................ Any Help, Lot of thanks in advance................... itekchandru wrote: > Hi > > I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.n...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Changing fonts in msgbox
If i create a msgbox with a prompt, can i change or modify the font of the text in the msgbox ?? Ditto Inputbox.... thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can't change the font used in a MsgBox. This limitation is one of the prices you pay for the simplicity of a MsgBox. If you need to change the font, you need to create a UserForm and display that form instead of using a MsgBox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpears...

Embed Fonts on Excel File
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. on solution could be install GDT font on all PC where is needed, but not always is possible to do it how can I save the font with the excel file? on office word there is an option to embed fonts on document (save options) to avoid this situation anybody help me .. You can do it in word, but not excel. Henry wrote: > > I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

font change when editing
I have this I can place on the sheet module to change font when editing. Is there a way to put this into a macro so I can enter this into the sheet automatically each time I am emailed a new version of the workbook? Thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 End Sub ...