Hyperlink Macro / Hide Tabs

Hi

I have an Excel 2007 worksheet with 10 tabs. The first tab has a
contents section where each of the subsequent tabs is hyperlinked. By
clicking on the hyperlink I go to cell A1 of whichever tab I select.
In addition each tab has a hyperlink taking me to the contents tab. I
would like a macro where, when I click on a hyperlink, all tabs other
than the cover tab and the selected tab are hidden. In addition when I
click on the contents tab in a selected tab every tab is hidden bar
the contents tab.

Can anybody help?

Rup
0
ccfcrup

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

Hiding Rows with False
I've got a bunch of rows of data that I want to copy and put somewhere else, but many of the rows have "false" in them. They don't show anything and just look blank, but they leave the row blank and take up a lot of space. It looks something like this: tom 47 Mary 36 Bob 18 Dan 29 Ed 44 Is there a way to truncate the list by hiding the rows that return a false value and just making a normal list like the following? tom 47 mary 36 bob 18 dan 29 ed 44 You can apply Autofilter to one of the columns and just select Non- blanks from the filter pull-down (or, if ...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

Hiding scrollbars
Hi I have a CListCtrl with a manually implemented vertical scrollbar. Is it possible to allow scrolling in the properties of my CListCtrl and be able to disable the vertical scrollbar so I can use the horizontal one only? TIA Tony Sorted It was more a case of showing the Horizontal scrollbar that was needed than hiding the Vertical. Even though NoScroll is set in the properties, can I assume then that this purely means ShowScrollbar(SB_VERT, FALSE) and ShowScrollBar(SB_HORZ, FALSE) are set? "Tony" <lazyherbert@homeandresting.com> wrote in message news:OjfQkQdCFHA.3...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Hide Legend With No Data in Series
Folks, I have 8 series that get its value dynamically from other tabs. Sometimes, all 8 series would have data while other time, only a few. Question is, how do I hide the legend for those series that returned back blank value. I understand this may require VBA but I'm not well versed in it. Any thoughts or if VBA is the only way, can somone post the code? Thanks. ...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Macros/Signatures Question
I have an Excel Workbook that I created for a PC Order Form. I set it up to only make certain rows visible based on the Machine Model that they choose. I digital signed the Worksheets and exported the Digital Signature Certificate and installed it on the User’s PCs. The code works great. The user opens the Workbook and it runs the Macros with no problem. The problem I have is when the user goes to save the Workbook. They get an error that “Excel can not sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. Do you want to remove the digital signature and continue saving this workbook?”...

Macro Copy and Paste
I am currently trying to copy from one workbook that has 7 differen tabs and paste into one worksheet on a separate master workbook. M problem is that when I set up the macro to copy from one of the tabs i the workbook and paste to the other work book, I only want the the row to come in where there is data. Currently I am having to run a macr that takes every 100 lines, but ideally I only want the informatio copy and pasted where there is only data. In addition, once I have copy and pasted everything from the first tab my next step is to copy and paste information from the second tab t th...

Referring to a FileName in Macro
I have a Macro with the following code Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" TestQry is the name of the file. Is there anyway that this macro cod can refer to the activeWorkbook or filename so that if the file i saved to a new name this macro will still ru -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about just: macro2 or even call macro2 "DoctorV <" wrote: > > I have a Macro with the following code > > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2" > Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1" > &g...

Macro Question #10
Hi, I am working with a text file that I imported into Excel. It is a transactional report of sales by customer. The data will have the customer number and name spread out over three cells. What I want to do is to create a macro that will contatenate all three cell and then perform a paste special and paste them into another cell in another column. Since the number of transactions by customer can vary the customer name and number can appear anywhere on the page. I created a macro to do this using the first customer which appears in cell B5 through D5. The next customer appears...

Spreadsheet macro stopped working!
Hi, I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score. The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets: Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some specific). I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics" sheet with information about stroke number and points for ...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Hiding a textbox
I dont really need to hide the textbox as much as I need everything below it to move up when its blank. I suspect I should be using a different control for this. Basically I have 4 databound texboxes but the one in the middle is often empty. So when its empty I need everything below it to move up. Help? Go to design view and select the textbox. Open properties. Set the Can Shrink property to Yes. Steve santus@penn.com "sean_mcad" <seanmcad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:514CCB84-7401-4A6B-8708-9897B9D8FFE2@microsoft.com... >I don...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Excel E-mail Macros
I need to know how to create a macro that will send an excel file as an attachment to one individual, and then send one of the file's worksheets to 3 e-mail addresses using the mail recipient method so that the worksheet appears in the body of the e-mail. The e-mail program I am using is Outlook. Any help with this will be GREATLY appreciatd. Hi John, I'd tell you, but Ron de Bruin already did all the work. It'd be silly for me to do it again...Try Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm tim "John" <jbegley@dcas.nyc.gov> wrote in message ne...

format macro
Last week, Art was trying to help me with this, but the solution doesn't work for me. I'm looking for a macro that would be contained within my personal.xls, that I could use as needed. Lets say I have A1:C5 selected, which represent headdings and data for jan, feb and march. [On a different spreadsheet, it may be different columns, or a different number of columns. The point is that I will select the range before I run the macro.] I want to do an auto fit for each column, so that the column widths are big enough to fit the numbers. No problem, format-->column-->autof...

hide a statusbar pane
Hi, How do I hide a CStatusBar pane? I'm trying to show a progress bar on a pane of the status bar, which is a snap. I'd like to make it the same way as it is in Internet Explorer: they show/hide the pane whenever they need that. I tried to set the pane's width to '0' in SetPaneInfo. It made the pane approx. 5 pixels wide. That was as close as I could get to it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Peter Hey Peter, Create a sample CView based SDI app. This feature already comes via the menu handler I will demo how to add your own code. 1) Add...

Why don't hyperlinks work in my outlook docs?
I know it must be something simple but hyperlinks don't work in incoming email messages. Can anyone help me? ...

macro problems!
i have a check box whose control source is: =[Total In Stock]-[reorderlevel]<=0 how can i set the control to only be visible if this check box is true? tried macro and vba, but can't quite work it out. thanks in advance Paul ...

Macro #17
Does anyone have a Macro to edit a cell to add "=" sign at the beginning of the data Thanks, Alexandra can you be more pacific ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=" Range(" ").Select Alexandra wrote: > > Does anyone have a Macro to edit a cell to add "=" sign at the beginning of the data? > > Thanks, Alexandra ...

shorter macro
is there a way to shorten this macro to make it run faster thanks JD Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I").Select Range("I1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=6 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P").Select Range("J1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=4 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U").Select Range("U1").Activate ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=7 Range("C:C,D:D,E:E,F:F,G:G,H:H,I:I,J:P,Q:Q,R:R,S:S,T:T,U:U,V:V,W:W,X:X").Select Range(&q...