How to execute a dynamically added or changed module

I can write code to add a module to or change a module in the current
project.  Once this is done, how can I programmatically cause a recompile
so that I can execute the new code without manual intervention?

(I would like to read column headers and, depending on each header, create
a variable I would use to reference that column.  Then, even if columns
were added or moved since the programmer wrote the code, the code would not
have to change.)

Thanks for any help.
0
NoSpam

On 04/03/2010 19:58, NoSpam@aol.com wrote:
> I can write code to add a module to or change a module in the current
> project.  Once this is done, how can I programmatically cause a recompile
> so that I can execute the new code without manual intervention?
>
> (I would like to read column headers and, depending on each header, create
> a variable I would use to reference that column.  Then, even if columns
> were added or moved since the programmer wrote the code, the code would not
> have to change.)

Not your solution to compilation, but why don't you define a 'named
reference' to the column and later access it through the names collection?

--
Adrian C
0

changing money
HI EVERY BODY I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc . you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc* thanks a lot -- firouz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550105 ??? =1*9.2754 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

How to prevent item changed in a CListCtrl?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a CListCtrl in a Detailed View. Below the CListCtrl there are a few CEdits to display the value of each column. So it's kind of the data form. I need to do like this: If users has changed one of the CEdits BUT they haven't save the data and they want to change the selected item of the CListCtrl to other item, a confirmation message will appear to ask if the data they have been changed to be saved or not. There are 3 options: Yes: the data change is saved and the current focus is on the item user desired. No : the data change is NOT saved and th...

change date in a sql statement from a cell
Hello, I am using Excel 2007 I have a pivot table that gets refresh everyday. The data from the pivot table is based on a sql statement, which the data is connected to a AS/400 table. Here is my problem every morning I go in the connection properties and change the SQLstatement (date) in the command text. I don't want my user to do this. What other option can I do? I was thinking change the date in a cell (A1) and somehow the SQL statement picks up the new date or maybe some sort of parameter, but I am clueless in how to do this. Any tips or website to visit I will a...

Data labels: need value AND % change
I'm working on a series of column charts that show annual data for # sold, $ volume, average price, median price, etc. I want it to show the 2002 and 2003 values for each of these but I ALSO want to be able to show the % change between the 2, so we can see trends. So far, I only see that you can label the data with the value, or the percentage. I haven't seen how you can show the values AND the % change. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create the desired label in a separate column (the 2003 price concatenated with t...

Changing to Outlook
I have been using Outlook Express and now have Outlook. Have been able to import address book and mail but emails are still coming to Express. How do I change things so they come to my Outlook inbox? Thanks You have to setup your account(s) in Outlook (Tools\Email Accounts in 2003) and then quit using Express. You can also import your mail, address book, and account settings from Express using the Outlook Import/Export tool (File\Import Export...). Afterward, you should delect your account in Express (Tools\Accounts\<select mail account>\Remove) so that you do not accidently do...

How change Sign-in Name?
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? (I tried File/Password Manager and it will show the new address... until I close and re-open mone...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Granting SendAs privileges to non-AD users?
Hello, In order to grant Send As permissions to a DelegateUser, the DelegateUser must be a member of an AD (via Check Names). It is desirable to allow a user that is not an AD member to be able to Send As, e.g., when the DelegateUser (the non-AD user) and the MailboxOwner (an AD user) are one-and-the-same person, but the person needs to send mail through the Exchange Server using a mail client on another platform. In other words, it would be nice to be able to specify a "username.domain" syntax in this portion of the Exchange interface without requiring "username.domain" ...

adding two colmuns together
I do the audit at a hotel and I was wondering if there was any way to take my todays column and add it automatically to the month to sate column without having to do it manually. It only involves two columns but I am stumped. angela Angela, To do it automatically you may need to use some VBA code, however there are a few alternatives. I am assuming that you have done the obvious and inserted a forumula into a 3rd column that adds the 2 columns together. An alternative way would be to use the *paste values add* function as follows: 1. select the cells with the current months data in i...

Adding times
I am using Excel 97 I have a column that has a list of time in hours and minutes, 34:12 (thirty foru hours and 12 minutes). How can I add these and also do an average. I would like to be be able, forsinstance to add 12:34 plus 23:52 minutes and get 36:26. HELP Also need to average this as well. Linda Linda just add the cells and format the result as Custom [hh]:mm Regards Trevor "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ff01c3fa5d$0da474d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97 > I have a column that has a list of time in hours a...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

Adding a string to a text document at the cursor.
I'm using VC++ 6. I've created a small text editor derived from CEditView to which I've added a drop-down list of phrases off the main menu bar to be inserted into the text at the cursor when a phrase is clicked. I can't figure out how to insert the selected phrase into the text I'm editing. I also would like to know if there is a way to keep the drop-down list open after clicking on the first phrase, closing it only with 'ESC' or moving to another heading on the main menu like 'File'. Any leads greatly appreciated. >I'm using VC++ 6. I've...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Control dispatch for module load ...98 OS
Hi, Is there any control dispathc for module load? Like "Create_Process" is there for process create and whenever any process gets created corresponding dispatch function gets called up.I want similar control dispatch for module load or module terminate.Ex: If any .EXE or .DLL gets loaded i want my control dispatch function to catch it. I am using Win98/ME OS.Writing small Driver call "Process notifier driver". regds vinay ...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

migrating windows Server 2003 to windows 2008 with Microsoft Dynam
Hi, Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack? Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jorge" wrote: > Hi, > Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows serve...

Adding working days
Hi All I wish to add Working days to a date: I have the formula: =IF(D3="","",A3+(F3/10)+7) A3 is a date, I wish to add (F3/10)+7 working days to A3, how do I rewrite the formula? Thanks in advance. -- George Gee If you load the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (Tools/Addins...): =IF(D3="","",WORKDAY(A3,F3/10+7)) In article <e$chxFbGEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "George Gee" <george.nomaps@ntlworld.xom> wrote: > Hi All > > I wish to add Working days to a date: > > I have the formula: > =IF(D3="&qu...