how to capture the event changing the name of a sheet

I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or
add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how
to capture the event  changing sheet's name.

Please help

No event is generated when a sheet changes names... What were you needing the
event for? Perhaps we can help you get around the problem.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Satyapal Kaushal" wrote:

> I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or
> add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how
> to capture the event  changing sheet's name.
>
> Please help

Machine name
Hi You can get all sort of information in INFO function. But, How can i get the local machine name ? avner :( --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ || Hi || You can get all sort of information in INFO function. || But, || How can i get the local machine name ? || avner || :( || || || --- || Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Start-settings-control panel-network-identification Avner, You need to use the GetComputerName API call in a VBA function. For example, Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" _ Alias "GetComputerNameA" ...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

Module name in
Hi, when your are in the EXCEL code editor, you have on your left the name of the modules. I find anoying the fact of having to remember the module name or edit one by one each modules to find for intense a piece of code as a reference. Is there a better way to do it in that environment like renaming the module with specific name? Thank's ahead!. You can rename the module. Most of the people here probably group their macros into similar function macros in different modules, and name the module accordingly. This makes it much simpler to find. You can also do a find, Ctrl-F, and set the ...

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

Event ID 1456
I have Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4 On Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 platform. I am getting the MSExchangeMTA error EventID 1456 in resource category. Because of the problem mail delivery is very slow Please Help ...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Money plus Deluxe Where do I find Balance sheet and Profit and Los
I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus Deluxe have them? In microsoft.public.money, bigwahoo wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print >out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income >statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus >Deluxe have them? Go to the Reports list, and look around. T...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

SBS VPN Oddity with Name Resolution
We host a number of intranet sites for employee use (not hosted on the SBS box itself - they're on member servers). Some are published, most are not. I've trained our laptop-using employees to use the "Connect to Small Business Server" VPN connection to reach our intranet-only websites when offsite. I haven't seen issues with users reaching the Internet-facing sites even when users switch back and forth between connecting and disconnecting the SBS VPN during a session. My boss recently informed me that he couldn't reach one of our published sites fr...

What is problem event BEX?
What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d "David Deley" wrote: > What does BEX stand for? My application crashes and it says "Problem > Event Name: BEX", and Exception Code: c000000d > I wish i knew.... i get the error too I've gotten it on two applications! Could it be similar to this problem: "Vampire" <Vampire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B961F097-5AE8-4AB3-9F68-476910E1787A@microsoft.com... > > > "David Deley"...

Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned
Business scenario is as folllows: A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner as the sender. When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the PREVIOUS owner as the sender. There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email. What is the recommended solution - callout, etc. -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Hi Paul, Very right, Callout is the solution. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.m...

=Sheet!A1 formula alternative
I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 contains text data from A1:A200 but not in consecutive order (for example): Sheet1 A 1 textone 2 texttwo 3 4 textmisc 5 6 textother I need Sheet2!B1:B50 to grab all the data from Sheet1!A1:A200 and list them in the order that they were entered in Sheet1 as shown below: Sheet1 Sheet 2 A B 1 textone 1 textone 2 texttwo 2 texttwo 3 3 textmisc 4 textmisc ...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Suggestions on how to create a database that will allow lookup of nonunique addresses for unique names
Hello: I am relatively new to access, though vaguely familiar with database concepts and Access jargon (i.e., queries). I need to do the following (see below) and I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best way (at a high level) to do this in Access. I have a large list of names and addresses thrown into a single flat table. There are many duplicates in the file. Somehow, I need to separate duplicate addresses from the file and place them in another table so that I can link the list of unique names to the addresses (i.e., a one to many relationship). My end users will be using the d...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...