how to add new row to table in Excel 2003?

Hi,

I am designing a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 but trying to keep it backwards
compatible with 2003.

I have a table which a user will enter data in which I wanted to link to two
buttons which will either add a row to the bottom (labelled insert row) or
delete the selected row (labelled delete row).

I have only got as far as inserting a row so far. The code:

"Range("G35").Select Selection.ListObject.ListRows.Add AlwaysInsert:=False"

works in 2007 but not 2003 and I cant seem to work out the equivilent code.
When I tried recording the action of tabbing down the table to create a new
row in Excel 2003 it just cycled back to the top of the table and didnt add a
row.

I am on a very tight schedule to produce this spreadsheet so any help here
would be great, with the deletion of current line as well as this problem.

Thanks!

Excel 03 not have AlwaysInsert parameter. take it out and your ok.

"oli merge" <olimerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I am designing a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 but trying to keep it backwards
| compatible with 2003.
|
| I have a table which a user will enter data in which I wanted to link to
two
| buttons which will either add a row to the bottom (labelled insert row) or
| delete the selected row (labelled delete row).
|
| I have only got as far as inserting a row so far. The code:
|
| "Range("G35").Select Selection.ListObject.ListRows.Add
AlwaysInsert:=False"

| works in 2007 but not 2003 and I cant seem to work out the equivilent
code.
| When I tried recording the action of tabbing down the table to create a
new
| row in Excel 2003 it just cycled back to the top of the table and didnt
add a
| row.
|
| I am on a very tight schedule to produce this spreadsheet so any help here
| would be great, with the deletion of current line as well as this problem.
|
| Thanks!

0
Homey
2/11/2010 12:26:42 PM
I don't quite understand about your labeling.

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"oli merge" <olimerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am designing a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 but trying to keep it backwards
> compatible with 2003.
>
> I have a table which a user will enter data in which I wanted to link to
> two
> buttons which will either add a row to the bottom (labelled insert row) or
> delete the selected row (labelled delete row).
>
> I have only got as far as inserting a row so far. The code:
>
> "Range("G35").Select Selection.ListObject.ListRows.Add
> AlwaysInsert:=False"
>
> works in 2007 but not 2003 and I cant seem to work out the equivilent
> code.
> When I tried recording the action of tabbing down the table to create a
> new
> row in Excel 2003 it just cycled back to the top of the table and didnt
> add a
> row.
>
> I am on a very tight schedule to produce this spreadsheet so any help here
> would be great, with the deletion of current line as well as this problem.
>
> Thanks!

0
Don
2/11/2010 2:07:44 PM
Thanks for the answers both, very helpful.

Homey's suggestion worked and I was able to add a line to the bottom of my
table/list (I think its called a list in 03 and is a table in 07?).

Deleting was suprisingly straightforward too, just a case of

"Selection.Rows.EntireRow.Delete"

to delete the selected row.

Thanks!

Add new image (bitmaps)
Hi, After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single Document, I imported new bitmaps. now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center area ? Thanks. Kenji In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT: in MainFrm.cpp, void CMainFrame::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting // TODO: Add your message handler code here CBitmap Bmp1; CDC MemDC1; // Load the bitmap from the resource Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO); // Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC variable MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); // Select th...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

excel file can't be opened #2

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

Water Authority Add-On
Is anyone aware of an ISV add-on for CRM that would allow for the billing and collections requirements of a Water Authority? In researching these are commonly referred to as CIS systems. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks, Rick ...

How to transpose in excel file

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Autofill from column to row
I have a worksheet with data in a column and want the data on another sheet in a row, sorted in another way. I tried to use autofill to get data from every 25th cell in the column to the row on the other sheet, ['sheet 1'!F2"] in cell B2, ['sheet 1'!F27] in cell C2, ['sheet 1'!F52] in cell D2 and so on. Excel autofill wont understand what I want, is there any other way of solving this? One way In the destination sheet: Put in B2: =OFFSET('Sheet 1'!$F$2,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)*25-25,) Copy B2 across to D2 B2:D2 will return the desired contents, viz.: in...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...