I am using Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition to develop some VB.NET
code that manipulates Excel files.  I am developing on a Vista/Excel
2007 machine, but I need the code to work on an XP/2003 machine as
well.

I initially set a reference to the Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library
and imported the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel namespace.  This works
great on the VIsta/Excel 2007 machine, but it does not work on 2003,
which needs the 11.0 library.  I get an error that says "Unhandled
Exception . . . Could not file or assembly
'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version 12.0.0.0  . . . The system
cannot find the file specified."

I searched through the other references I could find.  I found nothing
for 11.0, but there was an Excel 5.0 Object Library.  When I add this
and remove the Excel 12 library reference, it no longer works on
Vista.

What can I do to make this work on both Excel 2003 and 2007 without
having to compile on a machine with 2003?

Thanks, Alan

0
Alan

I changed the reference to Excel 5.0 only and now only Import Excel.
I changed starting an instance of Excel to:

ExcelApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

The following code cannot open the workbook:

If FileExists(PathName) Then
                MetaWB = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open(PathName)

It finds that the file exists, but then the workbook cannot be opened:

A first chance exception of type
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Any ideas?
0
Alan

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003