HELP: Export data to word template and save it as a seperate file

Hi All,

I want to export details from excel userform to a word template and save it
at a different file. So basically once the user clicks the Export to word
button this should happen:

-Opens up a dialog window(to select the word template)
- User Selects the word template (I have a specific word template designed)
- the template is then "SAVED AS" a seperate word file at a specific
location(mentioned in code below)

But what is happening is, When user clicks the button and selects the
template, the data is exported to that template, and its not saved in a
different word file at the specified location in the code.

Private Sub Export_To_Word_Click()

Dim wdApp As Object
Dim doc As Object
Dim fdialog As FileDialog
Dim pathAndFile As String
Dim filePath As String
Dim shortName As String

On Error Resume Next
Set wdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
 Set wdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End If
On Error GoTo 0

wdApp.Visible = True

Set fdialog = wdApp.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)

With fdialog
    .AllowMultiSelect = False
    .Filters.Clear
    .InitialFileName = filePath & "\*.dotx*"

    If .Show Then
        pathAndFile = .SelectedItems(1)
        shortName = Right(pathAndFile, _
            Len(pathAndFile) - InStrRev(pathAndFile, "\"))
    Else
        MsgBox "User cancelled. Did not select a file"
        GoTo Pastcode
    End If
End With

Set fdialog = Nothing

Set doc = wdApp.Documents.Open(pathAndFile)

On Error Resume Next
With doc
..variables("Address").Value = Me.Property_Address.Value
..variables("City").Value = Me.City.Value
..variables("State").Value = Me.State.Value
..variables("Zipcode").Value = Me.Zip_Code.Value
..Fields.Update
End With

doc.SaveAs FileName:=filePath

filePath = "C:\My Documents\" _
& "Property Details" & " - " & Me.File_Number.Value & ".doc"

Pastcode:

wdApp.Quit
Set doc = Nothing
Set wdApp = Nothing

End Sub

Thanks in advance

data input in text box

MS Money 95 data files

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Help with income/expenses

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Sorting Data #5

Need help with Auto Filter

Can anyone help ?

Grammar check not working

Trying to read XML file into dataset

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

opening .bak file