Function or formula to show currently active workbook name in cell

Hi all. Excel 2007 / XP Pro.
Is there a function or formula that will display the currently active
workbook name (without the path or filename extention) in a cell on the
currently open sheet in that workbook? There will be other open workbooks.
Appologies if this is a stupid question.

One way
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1)

Or see: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/WorkbookPath.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Wes_A" <WesA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. Excel 2007 / XP Pro.
> Is there a function or formula that will display the currently active
> workbook name (without the path or filename extention) in a cell on the
> currently open sheet in that workbook? There will be other open workbooks.
> Appologies if this is a stupid question.

0
ozgrid

Prevent clicking on a cell

lil help with "or" formula
I am trying to return a "false" value if there is text in cells E2:I2.. the only formula i have come up with so far is =OR(ISTEXT(E2),ISTEXT(F2),ISTEXT(G2),ISTEXT(H2),ISTEXT(I2)) but this returns the opposite value of what I want, it tells me "true" if there is text... any help???? Hi try: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(E2:I2)),false,true) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Murph" <Murph@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4A8133F9-3E83-4369-A69E-763CD6E9D3F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to return a "false" value i...

if cell is text move left one column

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

*major* functional issue with MOSS/WSS?
We are looking to move a big site over to using MOSS in a big as an alternative to shared network drives (ugh). One of the biggest issues is sending docs as attachments via email for others to edit. We'd like to get everyone to use the 'send a link' functionality from thew Sharepoint DL BUT when the user receives the email and clinks on the embedded link the doc opens read only. They then cant edit and save their changes. Seems a big an counter intuitive functional flaw. Are we missing something here? Is there any easy (for the end user) way to send those links to a doc ...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Help With Margin Formula

Automatic changes in cells