Formula that checks balances

I have a long list of formulas in column "E".

I need to know at a glance whether any value in this column is inequal to
zero without having to page down all the way through thousands of rows.

Summing the column is no good because there could be offsetting values (e.g.
+5 + -5 = 0).

I would like a formula I could place in one cell that would indicate if
every formula in the column evaluates to zero or not (rounded to 2 decimals).
Can anyone help?

Thanks!

"xp" wrote:
> I would like a formula I could place in one cell
> that would indicate if every formula in the column
> evaluates to zero or not (rounded to 2 decimals).

First, it would be a good practice if you ensured that each formula rounded
to 2 decimal places, either by explicitly using the ROUND function
(preferred) or by using the "Precision As Displayed" calculation option in
conjunction with a number format other than General.

If you do that, then the following might meet your needs:

=COUNTIF(E1:E100,"<>0")

Otherwise, try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ROUND(E1:E100,2)<>0))

Note that these formulas return a count of non-zero values, not simply "if
every cell is zero".  I think the count is more useful.

FYI, I usually do this inconjunction with a parallel column (e.g. F1:F100)
of the form:

=IF(ROUND(E1,2)=0,"","ERROR")

Then the first formula can be simply:  =COUNTIF(F1:F100,"ERROR")

> I have a long list of formulas in column "E".
>
> I need to know at a glance whether any value in this column is inequal to
> zero without having to page down all the way through thousands of rows.
>
> Summing the column is no good because there could be offsetting values (e.g.
> +5 + -5 = 0).
>
> I would like a formula I could place in one cell that would indicate if
> every formula in the column evaluates to zero or not (rounded to 2 decimals).
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks!
hi
use a countif formula
=countif(E2:E10,0)
the above would tell you if you have any formulas that equate to zero.
to find where that is use the following....
=ADDRESS(MATCH(0,E2:E10,0),1,1)
the above will only show the first instance of a zero value. in case you
have more than one.

regards
FSt1

On May 4, 1:15=A0am, FSt1 <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> hi
> use a countif formula
> =3Dcountif(E2:E10,0)
> the above would tell you if you have any formulas that equate to zero.
> to find where that is use the following....
> =3DADDRESS(MATCH(0,E2:E10,0),1,1)
> the above will only show the first instance of a zero value. in case you
> have more than one.
>
> regards
> FSt1
>

> "xp" wrote:
> > I have a long list of formulas in column "E".
>
> > I need to know at a glance whether any value in this column is inequal =
> > zero without having to page down all the way through thousands of rows.
>
> > Summing the column is no good because there could be offsetting values =
(e.g.
> > +5 + -5 =3D 0).
>
> > I would like a formula I could place in one cell that would indicate if
> > every formula in the column evaluates to zero or not (rounded to 2 deci=
mals).
> > Can anyone help?
>
> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

One another
=3DSUM(E1:E100*E1:E100)
Just press Ctrl+Shift+Enter in place of Enter as this is an array
formula.
If any non zero value is there then the formula result will be >0

Or if you do not use formula one other way.

Select the E1:E100---->If E1 is "0" then press Ctrl+Shift+\        ----
This will select all cells not "0"
In case the E1 is not zero you can make it 0 for time being.
0
Javed

Formula calculating fulltime/parttime vs employees.
I have a spreadsheet listing employees jobs in one column. Another column lists if they are full time or part time. There are several employees with the same job but work different times. I need a formula to calculate how many people with that title work full time and how many people with the same job work part time. A pivot table will do a very nice job for you. They are very powerful once you get to know them. Take a look at Chip Pearson's site for a tutorial on them: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm -- Regards, Fred "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Auto Balance Message
Does anyone know how to re-enable the the dialog box that pops up after downloading transactions and you switch to an accout that warns rather the account is in or out of balance? I clicked the "do not show this again" option back accident and do not know how to turn it back off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money and that doesnt work. ...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

Excel Formula for determining azimuth relative to true north between two sets of geographic coordinates?
Using the geographic coordinates for each, I've "translated" the FCC procedure for determining the distance between two transmitters ( per FCC 73.208) into Excel formulas. Excel gives identical distance results to the "fill-in" form provided in www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/distance.html . But there is no comparable formula in the FCC R&R for determining the bearing (azimuth) between the stations relative to true north, although the FCC's fill-in form does provide azimuth. My problem with using the fill-in form is that I have hundreds of computations to make and...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Formulas within Cell References
Hello All, I need to use a number that was calculated from a formula in a cel reference. Here is the situation: I have a large spreadsheet tha changes periodically. I need to count the number of items in tha spreadsheet(i will use COUNTA - already works) and then take tha number and use it as a row number in a cell reference like this: In cell H1: =COUNTA(A2:A9999) Then take that number in cell H1 and insert that into say $J$XXXX wher XXXX represents the number in cell H1. I'm looking to increase the calculation speed of the workbook by onl calculating cells that I need to. Thanks f...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

Formula to calculate interest only on a short term loan?
I am not familiar with Excel 2007 and need to calculate a bridge loan MONTHLY INTEREST ONLY scenario, with a fixed %rate, for a range of 1 -6 months. Not sure if if interest accrues daily or monthly. Assuming you have an annual interest rate, a month's interest is: =Principal*IntRate/12 This may be good enough for your purposes. Most financial institutions would calculate the interest based on the number of days in the month, so something like: =Principal*IntRate/365*day(eomonth(a1,0)) Regards, Fred. "Excel2007Help" <Excel2007Help@discussions.microsoft.c...

Duplicate Checking Sample
I have followed all the instructions step by step. My code runs, I don't get any error message but the "Duplicate Check" button doesn't appear in the account details form. I have modified the isv.config file as well as web configuration file (value="on"). Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Sona ...

Excel displays formulae, not results
I have inherited a spread sheet that has a number of formulae in it. However when I type in a new formula, it displays it as the formula, not as the result. This is not applicable to all cells, just some of them. I am now reduced to copying a formula that displays the result, then editing it to give the formula that I actually want. Obviously there is some setting in the individual cells that governs how it displays as well as the general setting. Hi Roger, This happens when a cell is formatted as text the moment -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel you enter the formula. C...

401K Contibutions & actual balance
I see a lot of 401k questions posted but none that seem to help me, so I apologize in advance if this has already been answered. I have my paychecks transferring my 401k Contribution & company match to my 401k Investment account. My balance only shows those totals. Each paycheck some stock & shares of other funds are automatically purchased, publicly traded and not. My problem is I can't get electronic downloads of the transactions and their market value. How should I handle those investment transactions? If I just add them & update them my total will be doubled (Plus ...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

Custom addition formula
Using Office2000 Sp3 I use Excel a lot for historical things including eg; areas of land expressed in ACRES ROODS PERCHES which is not added in tens (similar to �/s/d). 40 perches = 1 Rood, 4 Roods = 1 Acre, 160 perches=1 acre. I have a formula which when applied to entries across 3 columns gives a decimal answer. The formula is =SUM(((D1*160))+(E1*40)+F1)/160 assuming acres are in D1, Roods E1, perches F1. Once this is decimalised I can work out ratios etc. However, I occasionally get tabbed text files or excel files from people who have entered lots of raw data as eg ARP where it would be ...

Changing the font of text in a check box
How do I change the font properties in a check box? I would like to have the font bold and a different color. Thanks Irie! Right click the CheckBox, choose properties. Iriemon;575152 Wrote: > How do I change the font properties in a check box? > > I would like to have the font bold and a different color. > > Thanks > > Irie! -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.the...

formula to project revenue
Hello, is there a formula I can use that will project revenue in real time based on total sales at any given time. Basically, take my sales to date, consider how many days into a calendar year we are at presently and make a prediction to where the sales will be at the end of the calendar year based on sales to date. So, say I am 50 days into the calendar year and my sales are 500,000. Presently, I am averaging 10,000 per day and at this rate my sales for the year will be 3,650,000. Is there a formula that will take the revenue from cell1 and provide the annual projected reven...

Outlook (and Word) Spell check original text in reply #2
I have a couple of my users where Word spell checks original text i reply even though it is marked in tools as Do not Spell Check Origina Text in Reply. If I turn Word off as the editor, then it works fine. This does not occur on all of my machines, only on two... I use Word 2 and Outlook 2K. Any ideas why this is happening? I appreciate the help -- rcstechnologyPosted via http://www.officehelp.in - &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.officehelp.in&quot;&gt;Microsoft Office Software&lt;/a&gt ...

formula #60
Dear all, When I enter "=A2" for example into a sheet it stayes as =A2 instead of bringing the data. Can anyone explain this please? XP Pro SP2 Excel 2003 John North Yorkshire UK My guess is that the cell is formatted as text. Go to Format, Cells, Number. Under Category click General and then click OK. Then retype =A2. Hopefully this will fix it. "John Proud" wrote: > Dear all, > > When I enter "=A2" for example into a sheet it stayes as =A2 instead of > bringing the data. > > Can anyone explain this please? > > XP Pro SP2...

How to check Pivot Table source?
Hi, I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the Pivot is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot? I don't want to just start new pivot from scratch, as there are different formulas on that spreadsheet that uses its values. Thanks, Marcin Hi Marcin, > I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table > calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the > Pivot is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot...

Check that internet pack for Internet Explorer
--hcgzvhzs Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wpwnnhzpowok"; type="multipart/alternative" --wpwnnhzpowok Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ismhbsqpc" --ismhbsqpc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your compute...

FW: Check this patch from the M$ Corp.
--frextmboduj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vsbgvzsrehcfxpf"; type="multipart/alternative" --vsbgvzsrehcfxpf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hqfvepdu" --hqfvepdu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to c...

Balance column in statements NEEDS to be a running balance!
We are using RMS Store Operations and have been haunted by the statement that comes standard with the software. Customers that really read their statements are completely dissatisfied with the way the balance column computes. Some customers have gone as far as refusing to pay off of them with out us re-printing their invoices and penciling in the correct amounts to prove the final balance... NO GOOD! The statement that I am referring to only occurs when we are using a revolving account type and the Radio Button for "Due after invoice date plus" is checked, we set ours for ...

Different formatting in a cell with a concatenated formula? #2
Yes, if a1 = blue, and b1 = red, and the formula in cell c1 is =a1&b1, want the result to look like this: bluere -- andy281 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andy2812's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27440 Formulas don't support this character by character formatting. If you can convert the results of the formula to values, you can do it though--but that destroys the formula. andy2812 wrote: > > Yes, if a1 = blue, and...

Balance showing as #####
I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct this in very simple terms please as someone helped me in setting this up and I am not too familiar with Excel 2003. Thanks.. "Terri" <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote in message news:e3XCGLAdJHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now >gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct >this in very simple terms please as someone helped ...

Check links -item master
Hi there, Is there a way to set the record count in item master to the the real count of existing items in the database when you are going to do a Check link for Inventory|item master?. It keeps a complete list of items including those I have previously deleted. Working on GP10 Built 1319, SQL2008 SP2. Any help would be appreciated -- Gilberto Villegas IT Plus Inc. GP Business Solutions partner Not sure what you are asking. However, check links will cycle through all existing records. It cannot cycle through what you have previously deleted, unless you are keeping history of such i...

Add rows to a formula when copying
I have the following formula in cell C3 =IF((Calculations!C9-Calculations!C15)=0," n/a",Calculations!C3/(Calculations!C9-Calculations!C15)) I wish to copy this to cell C16 but wish to add more than the 13 row (ie 16 - 3) to each reference in the worksheet Calculations. I need i to add 27 rows. The end result formula I need in cell C16 is =IF((Calculations!C36-Calculations!C42)=0," n/a",Calculations!C30/(Calculations!C27-Calculations!C42)) Is there any easy way to do this? Happy to do it using a macro i necessary. To sum up, I would like to copy a formula and...