Formula Help 03-02-10

HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help
once again from the forum.
Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my
needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If.
IF(AH10>=1,(BB1="   "))

What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then I want cell BB1 to be
blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2.

Thanks for any help.
0
Charles

On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help
> once again from the forum.
> Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my
> needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If.
> IF(AH10>=3D1,(BB1=3D" =A0 "))
>
> What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=3D1 then I want cell BB1 to be
> blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I think you'd have to put the formula in BB1. Also, from your message,
it's not clear what should be in BB1 if AH10<1.
0
jayray
3/2/2010 8:51:34 PM
"Charles" <harm.charles@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then
> I want cell BB1 to be blank. I need the formula
> to be in cell BB2

You cannot put a formula into BB2 that will change the content of BB1.

Perhaps what you mean is the following:  BB2 should be the value in BB1 if
AH10<1, otherwise BB2 should appear to be blank.  For that, put the
following formula into BB2:

=IF(AH10>=1,"",BB1)

Note the use of the null string (""), not some number of blanks.  That will
facilitate changes that you might need to make in other formulas that
reference BB2, if any.  For example, the formula =A1*BB2 might need to be
changed to =IF(BB2="","",A1*BB2).

> HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help
> once again from the forum.
> Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my
> needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If.
> IF(AH10>=1,(BB1="   "))
>
> What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=1 then I want cell BB1 to be
> blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2.
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
Joe
3/2/2010 8:53:38 PM
On Mar 2, 2:51=A0pm, jayray <johnt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little help
> > once again from the forum.
> > Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my
> > needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If.
> > IF(AH10>=3D1,(BB1=3D" =A0 "))
>
> > What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=3D1 then I want cell BB1 to b=
> > blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2.
>
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> I think you'd have to put the formula in BB1. Also, from your message,
> it's not clear what should be in BB1 if AH10<1.

jayray,

Thanks for the reply. BB1 will be populated via code with text like
"TPON" and others Similar text.
What I was trying to do is set BB1 to blank if AH10>=3D1.
Prior to the code I stared BB1 had a formula which ref. AH10. and this
populated BB1 with the desired text.
And I thought a formula could be in BE1, not BB2 that would look at
AH10 and set BB1 to "" if AH10 was grater than or  equal to 1.
If this is not possible, then I will look at adding code to validate
what is in AH10.
0
Charles
3/2/2010 9:02:57 PM
On Mar 2, 3:02=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2:51=A0pm, jayray <johnt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 2, 3:29=A0pm, Charles <harm.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > HI, worksheet formulas are not one of my best, so I need a little hel=
> > > once again from the forum.
> > > Here is a if formula that I started with, but it does not suit my
> > > needs, I also looked at or ways beside the If.
> > > IF(AH10>=3D1,(BB1=3D" =A0 "))
>
> > > What I' trying to do is say the if AH10 >=3D1 then I want cell BB1 to=
 be
> > > blank. I need the formula to be in cell BB2.
>
> > > Thanks for any help.
>
> > I think you'd have to put the formula in BB1. Also, from your message,
> > it's not clear what should be in BB1 if AH10<1.
>
> jayray,
>
> Thanks for the reply. BB1 will be populated via code with text like
> "TPON" and others Similar text.
> What I was trying to do is set BB1 to blank if AH10>=3D1.
> Prior to the code I stared BB1 had a formula which ref. AH10. and this
> populated BB1 with the desired text.
> And I thought a formula could be in BE1, not BB2 that would look at
> AH10 and set BB1 to "" if AH10 was grater than or =A0equal to 1.
> If this is not possible, then I will look at adding code to validate
> what is in AH10.

Joe User,

Thanks for your reply. From what your saying it looks like I will need
a validation code to check AH10 and set BB1 to the desired condition.

Thanks to all who looked and reply.

0
Charles

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

Notes or comments in formula bar
Hello, I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can someone tell me how to do that? I'm not talking about Insert-> Comment. Example: If I were to have A1+B1, there's a trick that will allow me to add a note within the formula bar such as "this formula adds apples and oranges." Thanks =A1+B1+N("Type Note Here") >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could >insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can >someone...

HELP!! Viewing email images

SFO 03-21-05
Sales For Outlook. Could someone confirm what functions I will get in SFO if I just have a "service" licence i.e no sales. Will I be able to promote an email to case? Thanks Mike No functions at all. You cannot install or use SFO without a Sales licence, not surprisingly Even if you had all functions you could not promote an email to a case Nice idea, though : ) "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:d1nhaj$rkf$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Sales For Outlook. > > Could someone confirm what functions I will get in SFO...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

help!! smtp protocol error occurred
exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. receives fine. Still waiting for some relavent information so we can help you solve your problem. >-----Original Message----- >exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv >smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. >receives fine. > > >. > I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no more problems. ...

Help !!!!
I was migration my Exchange 2000 to 2003 I do my forest prep and domain prep But i can't create mailboxes ??? Why??? some documentation please... What actually happens? What error do you get? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "A.dian´┐Ż" <Adian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB593F-F4DD-4CAB-9F4E-C2131BF7CF95@microsoft.com... > I was migration my Exchange 2000 to 2003 I do my forest prep and domain prep > But i can't create mailboxes ??? > Why??? > some documentation...

Help ! formatting data to text

IF / SUM
I have a spreadsheet with 17 rows, each representing a project name. In the columns, I have 2 cells for each week: Est and Actual. At the end of each row, I would like a row total for Est and another for Actual. As there are 20+ weeks represented, I cannot select the cells that have the criteria I'm looking for without using a more complex formula than SUM. Any ideas? The spreadsheet looks like this: Project Name Apr 3-9 Apr 10-16 Apr 17-23 Total Est | Actual Est | Actual Est | Actual E | A Project A 20 | 22 40 | 37 25 | 26 85...

form and query problem. please help.

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

Formula for ageing debt
I'm trying to do a spreadsheet so that when I put a debt amount in the first column, after 10 days it will automatically move to the next column and move on every 10 days till a 60 days column where it gets added to any amount already there. Can anyone clue me up to a formula to do this? Thanks -- Barnie Gumble Esq You will have to devise a way to associate the date of initial entr with the entry itself, then it is relatively simple to do - could yo have a lookup table on a separate sheet that returned entry dates fo all amounts, BUT the amounts would have to be unique, ie n duplica...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

Newbe help with a lookup
Hi, I&#8217;m trying to make some modifications to a salary matrix and I&#8217;m having trouble with a lookup. In column A I have a series of numbers from 0 to 30 representing pay grade steps where 0 represents a new employee and 30 represents an employee having completed 30 years of service. In column B I have an annual salary for each of the corresponding pay grade steps. I want to take a new salary and find the closest salary in column B and return the corresponding step number. For example if the new salary is $73,415.13 and the matrix shows step 15 is 73,205 and step 16 is 73...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Why won't formulas obey vertical alignment commands?
I have a spreadsheet with numbers and text. Many numbers are derived from cell formulas. I can vertically align the text in all the cells in the numbers/text worksheet, but if I change the numbers to display formulas only, then the cell values automatically align at the bottom of the cell no matter what I have set the alignment to be. I just want to align the formulas at the tops of the cells so that I have room to write underneath them on a printed copy. Is this possible? Why not increase the Row height and write *above* them? -- HTH, RD =============================================...

Help with keeping inventory.
Hello Everyone. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. I'm trying t come up with a way to keep inventory of product. Basically what I need is to keep track of the current inventory of items... and what I'd like is for different users to be able to ope the worksheet and enter the NUMBER OF PRODUCT they are removing at tha time.... and for the total inventory of each item to be adjuste accordingly. The only catch is - I'd like to be able to use the SAM CELL always -- that is - I want only one cell to be the one that i used to enter the amount of inventory being o...

Help with Outlook Automation
I launch Outlook form MS Access 2003 using the code under the double line. When I send the first email it works fine. But if I send another email everything freezes up. I have to use the task manager to Kill OUTLOOK. And then it is immediatly replace by another OUTLOOK session and the email window comes up. I was wondering if my code could be improved to prevent that from happening. Any suggestions please! RBollinger ======================================================= Private Sub Command11_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command11_Click Dim stDocName, mTO, mCC, mSu...

Help on CString to char*
Being a newbie to MFC, I am having problems on copying CString to a char* Below is my attempt but I getting this error below: ===================================================== Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\geac\GEACstatusptt.exe File: dbgheap.c Line: 1044 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) Below is my code the way that I am doing now, look at switch 4 and this is where I call a DLL library "McaAddPageMember" ====================================================== char cPAGER_CODE[16]; CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("CPsnstatuspttView::Call_Page_M...

Formatting in the formula bar
When i type in a number into a cell in my worksheet, say: 42.99 Excel automatically rounds it to 43. Which is what i want and what i set it up to do. However, the number in the formula bar also rounds to 43. Normally i thought the formula bar stayed at 42.99 and only the spreadsheet cell rounds to 43. I am using Excel 2000. Please help asap as i need the formula bar to stay at 42.99 so i remember what the original number was!!! Hi maybe you have checked 'Tools - Options - Calculation - Precision as displayed' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beccy wrote: > When ...

Help replacing text with Yes or No
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field is blank I want to replace it with No. any help is appreciated. -- Jerry Save your data and use a copy for this exercize........... Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........ =IF(A1=1,"Yes","No") Then highlight the column and do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jerry Arnone, ...