Extracting Data From a Chart

I am writing a program in Excel and I have a matrix chart or an array
(15x11).  What I am looking to do is to find the y-value which corresponds to
a known x-value but the x-value is dependent upon a value entered by the user.

In other words, I have a chart with 15 sets of x-values and depending upon a
value which is entered by the user, the exact value determines which set of
x-values is used to find the corresponding y-value.

Excel 2007 Chart
Get X Y values from chart with unknown source data.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm

0
Herbert

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Copy field data to multiple places

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

extraction code from celd
Hi :) I have a Excel problem :confused: MY QUESTION IS: if A5 = "JhoN FreD SmitH ChonG then A6 = "JNFDSHCG" I would like have got solution ;) please !!! thank you ver much nando4000@latinmail.co ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could create a User Defined Function: '=============================== Function GetCode(rng As Range) As String Dim i As Integer Dim str As String i = Len(rng.Value) For i = 1 To i str = Mid(rn...

Manual for beginners -- Charts with Excel
You may find useful a training manual I wrote for making charts in Excel. The manual is for beginners to intermediate users. [So, no VBA and dynamic ranges and stuff]. Great for teaching college students or self-mastering the Excel Charts facility. In any case, the book is free at http://www.vgupta.com VJ ...

Retreiving data
We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" Can anyone help me -- Dambo On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 01:21:01 -0800, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following >message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" > >Can anyone help me What steps did you do to decommission the old server? If you give us an idea of the version of the old and new ones we can post the right help ...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Invisible bar on bar chart
Hello, I have a stacked bar chart with 3 bars ie 'series' of data. I have made the 1st (bottom) bar invisible by setting its border, fill pattern etc to 'none'. So far so good. I want to make the bar visible again, but I cannot find out how to 'select' it in order to change its format! I need to double-click on it ? Am I missing something ? Help please ? KK With the chart selected, use the arrow keys and watch the Name box. When you see the series you want click the Format item on menu bar best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove cap...

Help Required with Macro to Manipulate Data
I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported from a text file) A B C D 1 Branch Date Total 2 4501 030204 29 3 4 4501 030204 14 5 6 4502 030204 331 7 8 4502 030204 52 9 10 4503 030204 54 11 12 4503 030204 85 Hi Alay and what do you want to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported ...

Line Chart 03-22-10
I am trying to create a chart that will allow me to have multiple years on the same chart so the difference can be seen from year to year. Second problem is there a limit to what can be entered into the axis. I'm not sure if this is clear or not. Appreciate any assistance. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 53. Open the Workbook and go to the Chart Worksheet. 1. Change data range A4 to A8 to, for example:- 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 These dates will then appear in the Horizontal Axis of the chart. This gives y...

Data
I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What can I do? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What >can I do? I don't know what would cause that. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 describes using -s switch. That is a simple safe thing to try. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584 describes salv.exe. These may not solve your problem, but they are what I would do. I would also review my backup file situation. ...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...

Data Migration Import
I am setting up the migration to only import the "Account" entity. I load the cdf table with all the required fields. When I run the migration it says everything was successful but no data is imported. What am I missing? ...

How do I get powerpoint to update data daily from excel formula?
I have a presentation designed for an office lobby and cannot figure out how to have an excel formula embedded into the slideshow change without shutting down the presentation and restarting it. The formula displays the number of days without a safety mishap. I thought by making the powerpoint show a playlist it might update...it didn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated? PowerPoint 2007 Brent, for an embedded object you will have to go in and change it manually to get it to change unless you mean a linked object which operates differently. "Brent" wrote...

Manufacturing Data Collection should not require an Employee ID
When you setup a Work Center in the manufacturing module, specific Employee ID's are not required. You can enter totals for Effective Capacity, Overload %, and Overtime % without specifying any employees. Likewise, no specific Machine ID is required for the machine(s) used in the work center. You may enter just totals for the machine data. Yet when you enter a WIP Data Collection transaction against a MO for Direct Labor, the Employee ID field is required, and for Machine Cost, the Machine ID is required. In our situation, we may have three employees in a work center, but the...

Access data in a money file...
Hi all, First time that i post a message to that group.... I'm trying to access the data stored in a money file as i suppose it is stored in a database manner... Does anybody know of a way to do so through ODBC or something similar ???? thx laurent See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q10 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q9. "Laurent Ades" <turkpipotutunu@ifrance.com> wrote in message news:6af9c352.0310100130.27458bdd@posting.google.com... > I'm trying to access the data stored in a money file as i suppose it > is stored in a database manner... > > D...

How to extract information from ACPI Hardware Ids for a device?
HI, Hardware ids are used to map a driver with a Hardware. I want to extract information from them. For Hardware ids created using PCI, IDE bus, information related to their format is available in msdn. Below listed are some Hardware id's of ACPI. How to extract information from them? Or what extctly they mean? How they are created? For Processor, 1. ACPI\GenuineIntel_-_x86_Family_15_Model_4 2. *GenuineIntel_-_x86_Family_15_Model_4 3. ACPI\GenuineIntel_-_x86_Family_15 4. *GenuineIntel_-_x86_Family_15 5. ACPI\GenuineIntel_-_x86 6. *GenuineIntel_-_x86 For Keyboard, 7. ACPI\PNP030...

Can't get any data to display in SSAS
I am using the Sql Server 2005 Analysis Services book and am doing the first cube. I can see plenty of data in the tables (such as dimProduct). But when I put the Measures, Date and Product from the left pane to the Browser window, nothing is displayed as the book says it should. Do I need to do something to tell it to display the data? Thanks, Tom I have no idea why this didn't work but the book is incorrect in a couple of areas (such as where is says to export when you are in affect going to import so that the default they say will be there are not there). ...