Excel Won't close in .NET 3.5 using C#

I have tryed all the various versions of closing an excel object, but it
still remains in the Task Manager.
CODE SAMPLE ONE: =====================================
xlBook.SaveAs(getFile, Excel.XlFileFormat.xlWorkbookNormal, null, null,
true,  false, Excel.XlSaveAsAccessMode.xlShared, false, false, null, null,
null);

xlBook.Close(null, null, null);
xlApp.Workbooks.Close();
xlApp.Quit();

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlApp);
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlSheet);
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlBook);

xlSheet = null;
xlBook = null;
xlApp = null;
GC.Collect(); // force final cleanup!

CODE SAMPLE TWO: =====================================
xlBook.Close(true, GLName, null);
xlApp.Workbooks.Close();

GC.Collect(); // force final cleanup!
GC.WaitForPendingFinalizers();

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlRng);
xlRng = null;
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlSheet);
xlSheet = null;
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlBook);
xlBook = null;
xlApp.Quit();

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(xlApp);
xlApp = null;

I really hoped that this was fixed by now, I 've been fighting with this
since VB6... Any suggestion?
--
MJB

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Using Relative path for XML data file?

learning Excel #3

Emails #3

C-RunTime or Win32
This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library functions or Win32 Functions? e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for read or open as append for write, what is its path, directory, extension, file attributes, etc. Now, all these taks, we need in our every projects, and hence I hace this question, that CRTL or Win32. Thanks for your vital views. Tom Alter wrote: > This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library > functions or Win32 Functions? > e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for r...

using the journal on outlook

Pivot Table Question #5

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA