Excel 2003 VB referencing #N/A not working but works in Excel 2007

I have a very simple macro that works in Excel 2007 but hangs up constantly
in Excel 2003.  Does anyone have a work around?
Problem:
When referencing cells that have a #N/A value, Excel 2003 craps out even if
I use the ISNA application function before it. The following 2 statements
will cause Excel 2003 VB to stop regardless of order if the cell that is
referenced comes up with #N/A.
            Series = Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, SeriesCol).Value
            If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, ColNum)) Then

Further background.... I am actually wanting to find #N/A values to turn
"off" the data labels in a stacked bar chart if they are #N/A.  In Excel
2007, this is not even required because it won't put #N/A values on the
chart, but Excel 2003 will continue to show them on the chart as 0 value
which clutters up the chart.  My macro just checks the value and if a value
turns on the data label and if #N/A turns off the data label.  Again, macro
works perfectly in Excel 2007 but I need to give to users who still have
Excel 2003.

Thanks for help

KMH wrote:
> When referencing cells that have a #N/A value, Excel 2003 craps out even =
if
> I use the ISNA application function before it. The following 2 statements
> will cause Excel 2003 VB to stop regardless of order if the cell that is
> referenced comes up with #N/A.
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Series =3D Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, SeriesCol).=
Value
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(RowNumStart + X -=
 1, ColNum)) Then

Works fine for me, I just wrote a quick test case that calls IsNA(1,2)
and throws up a MsgBox and it works, are you sure that statement is
the one that's hanging?

Phil Hibbs.
0
Phil

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003