Dynamic Image references in a cell

I am exporting a report from Access 2007 to Excel 2007 containing product
information. I have an image for each product.

Access does not export Images to Word or Excel.  I have the URL or local
path for the image standardized so the path is C;/temp/image[ID Num].jpg or
http://www.temp.com/images/image[ID num].jpg.

I have [ID num] in Column B for each row.  I want to reference the image
column A of each row.

How do I get the image to display in the cell?
--
Jim Fidler

OR cell range
Hi, I have a formula that works fine to produce a result of either Pass or Fail in a cell. This formula looks at 4 cells thus: =IF(OR(J133="Fail",J134="Fail",J135="Fail",J136="Fail"),"Fail","Pass") I now have a requirement where this will cover more than 20 cells in a column and rather than write a condition for each cell is there some other way to do this. I tried naming a range of cells but that doesn't work. Many thanks Hi =IF(COUNTIF(J133:J153,"Fail"),"Fail","Pass") -- Regards R...

how to highlight cells ?
I have a spreadsheet that consists of 100 columns with 100 rows; How can I highlight a cell whose value exceeds 500? tia From menu select Format|Conditional formatting Set Condition Cells value is greater than 500. Select the format you would need. Click OK If this post helps click Yes -------------- Jacob Skaria "Sul@MS" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that consists of 100 columns with 100 rows; > > How can I highlight a cell whose value exceeds 500? tia > Please review this article http://www.contextures.com/xlcondFormat01.html If this post helps click Yes -...

Can't move from cell to cell
I'm trying to move from cell to cell with my arrow buttons but it doesn't let me. It appears the highlighted cell is locked and the only way I can move from cell to cell is with my mouse pointer. My arrow buttons do work because I tried it in other programs. Any help will be appreciated. Ann, Looks like you have Scroll Lock turned on. Turn it off with the key on = the top right of the keyboard. HTH Anders Silv=E9n "ann smith" <compcoff@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:e6LPf$%23oDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to move from cell to ce...

Macro do delete values in cells
If I tipe a value (text) in N I want the values in the same row in O P & A to be deleted. Please help ...

Can I split a cell diagonally, with text in each triangle ?
I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell diagnolly, colour each section and be able to type text in each triangle. Is this possible and if so how ? Many thanks Helen No it is not possible! (Now that I have said that someone will probably come in with a method) Youi could, however, make two triangles with different fills, and put text in them or make the fills partially tranparent and put text in the cells under them "Helen T" wrote: > I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell > diagnolly, colour each ...

interpolating blank cells
I want to graph the data from a table, but I want the charts to interpolate the lines inbetween the "blank" cells. All of the cells have formulas in them because they are pulling the data from another worksheet, but some of them appear blank because there is no data for that time slot. I have tried the Tools:Options:Charts: Interpolate blank cells, but I can't get it to work. Please help. Thanks. You see a cell with a formula is not blank Replace you formula by =IF(your-formula="",NA(), your_formula) Such as =IF(Sheet1A1="",NA(),Sheet!A1) best wishes ...

Insert random number only if cell empty
Hello. I'd like my spreadsheet to place a 7 digit random number into a cell only the cell is empty, otherwise leave the contents as is. I simply don't want the number to change if one is already present. I currently keep the number static by pressing F9 when I enter the RAND formula, but that forces me to manually change the number when I save the spreadsheet to another name. I'd like the spreadsheet to automatically calculate a new number in the cell as soon as I erase the previous number in that cell. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks. "M.L.&qu...

Cell range expand or contract
I inherited an Excel workbook that pulls a great deal of its data from an Access db using MSQuery. Some of the worksheets contain bar charts that get their source data from the information pulled in from Access. I am having trouble finding a way to make the cell ranges that hold the chart source data expand or contract depending on the amount of data. For example, one month the source for chart A may be Data! A1:B5. The next month there may have been more transactions and the range would be Data!A1:B10. Right now the user goes in and manually adjusts the cell ranges. Is there some way to m...

Considering cells colored via conditional formatting
EXCEL 2007 Any piece of code which, for example, select or count the cells which are colored yellow, amongst the currently selected range, because of meeting ANY criteria of CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. In other words, considering cells which are not actually possessing yellow as an interior color but being displayed so because of CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz There are two pages at Chip Pearson's wepage that you need to look at. the 2nd gives a detailed example of how to do what you want. 'Conditional Formatting' (http:/...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

Exchange/Outlook Problem
My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the yahoo mail servers(img src="cid: 1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example). The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications in enco...

auto email if cell value changed
I'm using a workbook to schedule staff. Each month is a worksheet then I have some counts that are done. The days of the month are in the top row and the names of the staff in the first column. We've set up autorefresh on web pages so the schedule is always available but... people still don't notice shift changes. I want excel to generate an email to the person (we're running exchange too) if a cell value is changed. I was thinking of a couple of steps. 1. So they only get emails about the current month and the month ahead -- Have a cell at the top with YES/NO in i...

VBA to count periods in a single cell
I am looking to count the number of periods within a single cell using vba. For instance if I have 4 cells that contain the following: 5M09-0000700.01.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.20 Thus the output of the code for the first cell should be '2', the second cell output would be '3', and the third/fourht cells would be '4' because that many period characters were encountered. Data within these cells will contain letters, numbers, periods, a few spaces and the "-" dash symbol. Any help is greatly appre...

Need to verify cell location before running a macro, how?
I am requesting users to click on a cell in column B (in which they are actually selecting a row of reference information), then to click on an icon which launches a macro that runs relevant to the row selected in column B. I would like Excel to verify that the selected cell is actually in column B prior to running the macro. If a cell in column B is not selected, I want to present a pop up message reminding them to select a cell in column B. Please help! If ActiveCell.Column <> 2 Then MsgBox "Don't Do That" Exit Sub End If -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http:...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

Image placeholders in the body of the mail message instead of the actual image: Outlook 2003
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I read emails I see image placeholders in the body of the message instead of the actual image and I am not reading in Plain Text I am reading in HTML. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? -- Spin You may want to take a look at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/ietopten.mspx Nikki Peterson "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:6r03ggFerun0U1@mid.individual.net... Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I read emails I see image placeholders in the body of the message...

Linked Images (Cheks) Don't Display Properly
Hello, for some strange reason, when I choose to link an image to a transaction, most of what was downloaded shows properly. But the check images themselves does not show. In the recent past this was not a problem. I have checked the associations settings for html etc and set them to view in IE but this did not fix the problem. What am I missing, Please? ...

Counting highlighted cells?
Is there a way to count cells in a column which have been highlighted or text that has been italicised??. As i have a column full of dates, and when something is completed the suggested date is changed to the actual date, highlighted and italicised. I need to keep a count on the completed dates. Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <BC6F544F-DF88-41A8-8F15-5A8D460F73FE@microsoft.com>, "Josh - Westfield Australia" <Josh - Westfield Australia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to count cells in a column which have been ...

Two formulas in on cell based on two numbers in another cell?
Hi, Not sure this is possible but...I have a cell that has a number range in it and based on an amount in another cell want to calculate a new range. For example: Initial Range: A1 = 10 - 12 Calc Amount: A2 = 5 Final Range: A3 = 50 - 60 I think I can get the results by concatenating two formulas I'm just not sure how to enter the original numbers (A1) or how to distinguish between the two in the final formula (A3) Using Excel 2003. Hope this makes sense. Thanks. I would put the range in two different cells (eg A1 and B1). Then the multiplication is easy. If you ...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

dynamically created subclassed CComboBox doesnot recieve CBN_SELCHANGE in Activex Control
hi, Please ignore this post if a similar one appears. I posted yesterday and the post has not appeared on the NG yet. That said, let me explain the problem : I subclassed the CComboBox and am placing it on a CToolBar derivative. Both the combobox and the toolbar are created dynamically. I wish to trap the CBN_SELCHANGE message of the combobox and do some action in there. But the combobox doesnot seem to recieve the message (more precisely, the handler is never called).All this is in a classwizard generated MFC based Activex Control. Here is what I do: 1. In the main COleControl deri...

Conditional Formating for a cell based on another cell's value
Hi all: I was wondering if there was a way to put a conditional formating on a cell based on the values of another cell. What I mean is that, if Cell A is >5 , make cell b Blue, not just cell A. Likewise, if Cell A is <5, make both cell a and b red. On the same topic, is it possible to put more than 3 conditions on a conditional formating? Thanks, Steve o This might point you in the right direction. Sometimes you need a row formatted according to the item in A1. Use a formula in the conditional formatting in type in something like this... =$A1<5 This will apply the cond...

Locked hidden cells
Is there any way of stopping someone getting the values of locked hidden cells on a protected worksheet by linking to them on another worksheet? "John Bundy" <jmbundy@gmail.com(remove)> wrote > The right person can get into anything they want regardless of protection, > the more secure you make it the more people you stop but there are always > some. As far as linking them to another sheet, if they will break > protection > on one it is just as easy to do on two so I wouldn't bother Thanks. It seems ridiculous that you can hide data by protecting the...

Microsoft dynamics doubts.
hi all , i am very new to Dynamics. I have few basic question regarding dynamics. 1. does Microsoft dynamics comes as a single application within which there are several other app like CRM , nav etc or we can install the app like nav or crm as a standalone software ? 2. i couldn't find trial software , are they available so that i can install on my local network. I would appreciate if somebody answer to my questions. -NK 1. You install MS CRM as a standalone application. 2. See the following link for trial software: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a...