Display ranges from one worksheet to another

I am running excel 2003.  I have been given the task
of creating a workbook where on one main sheet
I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other
worksheets based on the user selection.

The ranges are work weeks and we want to be
able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource
planning.  Can someone point me in a
direction where I can find a way to do this?

Thank you.
0
Opal

Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running excel 2003.  I have been given the task
> of creating a workbook where on one main sheet
> I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other
> worksheets based on the user selection.
>
> The ranges are work weeks and we want to be
> able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource
> planning.  Can someone point me in a
> direction where I can find a way to do this?
>
> Thank you.

0
JLGWhiz
11/16/2009 9:29:28 PM
Hmmm...

I was also wondering about using OFFSET
in my named ranges and using a scroll bar
to advance by week......

0
Opal

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Testing a range of cells in an IF FUNCTION
Trying to test a range of cells in an IF Function. I would like the function to look at 15 cells in a single row, find a value within those cells, and then return another value if TRUE/FALSE. As of now, I can only apply the "logical test" in the IF formula for ONE CELL ONLY. I would like it to test a RANGE of cells in one row, find if any of the values match my logical test, and then return a value. Anyone understand or know how to do this? I tried apply "lookup" function, but I don't think it will work Please help Aaro aaronplange at hotmail.com Hi maybe someth...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Static Chart Data Range
Excel-2007, simple line chart: I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into the workbook? I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ... but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84. I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of moving ...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

Dialog displayed
Hi I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog is displayed? Thanks Urban Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler. OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler, and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler....

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Range of an Excel Sheet
I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range. The excel filename / range I have is the following: C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information : C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ? thanks, Amrit Command lines to open workbooks do not include specific sheets and ranges. To open to a specific sheet and range selection you must use VBA Name the range then add this code to Thisworkbook module of Book1...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

access a cell in a range
I have variables: dim myrange as Range dim myString as String myrange specifies a specific column. How can I specify the cell in row 1 of myRange so I can set it's contents to myString? Hi there keyser soze, (Fan of the movie, eh? ;) <g> ) Like so .. myString = myRange(1).Value HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128697509.320303.12550@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have variables: > > dim myrange as Range > dim myString as String > > myrange specifies a specific ...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Excel2000: Strange behaviour for one cell in workbook
Hi The situation: There is a Excel workbook used for registering working time in firm departments, created earlier. The worksheets are protected, and I don't have the password, as author isn't working here anymore. The workbook is stored as read-only on network resource, and monthly every department is copying it to local computer and filling the table. The table's body has 2 rows data for every employee with 31 columns for month's dates, and several protected summary columns. For every date, working hours or some code string is entered into according cell. One of codes, and ...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Range error
Why does this return an error? Dim Unknown As Range Unknown = Range("K24") oldjay Range is an object and so you need to use the Set Statement which assigns an object reference to a variable or property. Refer help on Set statement.... Dim rngTemp As Range Set rngTemp = Range("K24") 'will refer to the activesheet cell K24 -- Jacob "oldjay" wrote: > Why does this return an error? > > Dim Unknown As Range > Unknown = Range("K24") > > oldjay Thanks I never know where to look in help. I think Help is...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

Sheet outline range.
How can I determine in vba the range occupied by a sheet? The edges of the sheet may be "ragged" ie. there will be blank cells within the range and at its edges - I want to determine the overall rectangular occupied outline to use in a Range statement. TIA Chris Depending on what you want, you may want to try .usedrange. msgbox worksheets("Sheet1").usedrange.addresss (for example) Be aware that excel keeps track of the usedrange in a way you probably don't--it remembers the last used cell, even if you've cleared that cell. Debra Dalgleish...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

how can i use countif function inside a filtered range
How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Hi, Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18="Red")) -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jayin" wrote: > How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Shane Devenshire wrote on 02/24/2009 02:05 ET : > Hi, > > Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: > > =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18=&quot;Red&quot;)) > > ...