Disable PDF add-in

I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in
excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance . . .

Rich

Which Excel version ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC1A968A-AB07-4B9D-8993-001B910A3406@microsoft.com...
> I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in
> excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance . . .
>
> Rich
0
Ron
4/6/2010 9:21:47 PM
Sorry Ron . . . 2007 (SP2)

Rich

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Which Excel version ?
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC1A968A-AB07-4B9D-8993-001B910A3406@microsoft.com...
> > I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in
> > excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks in advance . . .
> >
> > Rich
> .

The only way is to rebuild the ribbon part where the adobe stuff is located

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/xmlribbongroups.htm

--

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019F7F49-ABF7-46FC-9C20-25517A970804@microsoft.com...

> Sorry Ron . . . 2007 (SP2)
>
> Rich
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Which Excel version ?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC1A968A-AB07-4B9D-8993-001B910A3406@microsoft.com...
>> > I would like to have a macro that disables the Adobe Acrobat tab/add-in in
>> > excel. (Beleive it or not, Acrobat is a PITA in Excel!). Is this possible?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance . . .
>> >
>> > Rich
>> .

0
Ron
4/7/2010 2:13:49 PM
Thanks Ron . . . I'll give that a shot - nothing to lose, and all to learn!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> The only way is to rebuild the ribbon part where the adobe stuff is located
>
> See
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/xmlribbongroups.htm
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019F7F49-ABF7-46FC-9C20-25517A970804@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Sorry Ron . . . 2007 (SP2)
> >
> > Rich
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Which Excel version ?
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

> >> .
> >>
> .

Why does OWA add a "?" to messages?
And more importantly how do you make it stop? If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "rlm" <rmorton@execpc.com> wrote in message news:%23vB9HMDIGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > And more importantly how do you make it stop? > "rlm" <rmorton@execpc.com> wrote in message news:%23vB9HMDIGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > And more importantly how do y...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Linking to Acrobat PDF file pages or destinations
I have a large PDF file with bookmarks and destinations defined. I want to hyperlink different cells within an Excel spreadsheet to specific pages (or bookmarks or destinations) within the PDF file. I can insert a hyperlink in a cell to reference the file -- no problem. Now, can I add information to the file reference so that a specific page or destination is viewed when the PDF file is opened? Acrobat allows for this capability via the HTTP protocol, e.g., "http://host/directory/file.pdf#page=4". This approach doesn't work in Excel; it does work within IE. Ideal...

CRM Add On for Outlook will not Enable.
Earlier today I got a message that said "CRM Add-on has caused a serious error and will be disabled" I restarted outlook and tried to enable CRM again throught the tools>Options>Other>Advanced Menue, but when I click OK and exit, then restart outlook it starts again with CRM disabled. Anyone know what to do? Appreciated it M I've found that closing outlook completely, then going to Add/Remove programs and opting to "Repair" the CRM client works pretty well. In Office 2003, you can go to the Help menu, select About Microsoft Outlook and click on the...

Disabling Save As
Is there a feature of Excel or a macro that I could write to disable the save as? Hi Andrew Try this events in the ThisWorkbook module It will disable it when you activate the workbook and restore it when you close it or select a other workbook Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _ (ID:=748, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _ (ID:=748, Recursive:=True).Enabled = True End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ron...

How to disable back-end OWA and keep FE OWA?
One of my customers has just installed 2 new Front-End servers for internal OWA traffic. The thing is, users used to connect to the BE server OWAs. Now that there are FE OWAs the customer wants their users to connect using ONLY the FE OWA servers. Is there a way to "disable" the Back-End OWA service while at the same time keeping FE OWA service available? The customer has been looking at setting up IPSEC, or putting HTTP filtering on the IIS on the BE, but would like other (maybe easier) alternatives. Thanks! Luis On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:23:03 -0800, "Luis Torres" &...

Disable Excel 2003 (or other Office) Safe Mode start up
Is there a way to disable the automatic safemode start up in Excel 2003? I have some addin's that occasionally crash and prompt this alert. I'd like to avoid the annoying alert if possible. ...

how to add drop down menus
Check out Validation in XL Help In article <147c01c389bf$b18247d0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "razza" <sal.razza@jpmorgan.com> wrote: ...

Add Data To Pivot Table
I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that included sales figures for various customers and territories over the last few years, showing month to month totals per rep. But ... How can I update the report on a monthly basis now? Instead of having to go back and run the whole report over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able to add in the next month's totals to the figures already in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine the new figures with the old. What am I missing? Any help ap...

CONSTRAINT to disable the update of some values
Hello, I have a a table with data from some operations. The status (char(2)) of the operations can be changed. But there are some status that are "final" and should not be changed. Is there a way the create a constraint that checks the previous status? So if the previous is, for example, "fi" (final), won't allow an update? Thanks!!! -- ____________________________ Carlos Sosa Albert You cannot do this with a constraint. You would need a trigger. Tom "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (arroba) hotmail> wrote in message news:586FA...

PDF attachments #4
I am receiving an attachment security alert on a workstation for all messages with a pdf attachment. You can save it to disk but cannot directly open it. I've changed the registry settings to level1remove and add .pdf but the problem still exists. is there any settings that i am missing? Adding something to Level1Remove will make sure that you DO get a security alert when opening the file. Since pdf-files aren't marked as insecure in Office 2003 with SP1 applied you should be able to directly open it. Does it work when you log on as an administrator to that machine? Does it...

PDF print to file error #2
I am getting this error: %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: setdistillerparams; ErrorInfo: CalCMYKProfile U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 ]%% %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% Error accessing color profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2 %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% when: while trying to print an excel page to a PDF. Attempts: I have gone into Distiller and changed the color setting to uncheck color management. result: Same error. Any help would be appreciated. thank you Mike, let the folks know which version of Publisher and if using...

Creating pdf object in Access
We are trying to open pdf files from inside Access and we can the create object to work. Any ideas? Thanks. If you are trying to open the file for viewing then you can simply use the FollowHyperlink method Application.FollowHyperlink "PathToFile" -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Ayo" wrote: > We are trying to open pdf files from inside Access and we can the create > object to work. Any ideas? Thanks. Thanks so much. That worked great. "Daniel Pineault" wrote: > If you are trying to open the file for viewing then you can simply use the...

How to add a description to an excel table
Hello, how can I add a decription to an excel table? I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. bye Click on any cell in your table(s). Then Insert > Comment -- Gary''s Student "Przemyslaw" wrote: > Hello, > how can I add a decription to an excel table? > I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what > data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table. > bye ...

Report Manager add-in on excel 2003
Hi, I tried to install add-in Report Manager but only I found it fo excel 2002. I wanted install for excel 2003 but it doesn�t work. Does somebody knows if exist this add-in for excel 03 ? thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't use xl2003, but there have been posts by xl2003 users saying that this xl2002 addin works ok in xl2003. You may want to try downloading it again or post back with more information about how it didn't work--download problems, installation problems, or actual problems when running it. "loparque <" wrote: > > Hi, ...

Add an option on the vendor card to pay invoices with 1 check
My large customer would like to see an option added to the Vendor Card to indicate whether or not multiple invoices for the same vendor should be paid with one check or separately. This option would carry over to the payable checks area where the invoices for these customers would be aggregated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Add a way to mass update pricing while using extended pricing.
Currnelty there is no way to mass update pricing when using extended pricing .. There is with standard pricing so can MS provide a way for extended pricing? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Retail Hero's 'Frequent Buyer' Loyalty Reward RMS add-on
Retail Hero announces release of Advanced Quantity Rewards Management System (AQRMS) for Microsoft RMS - a program designed to implement a retail industry's requirement to track customer purchases for groups of similar items (product families) over time and provide the customer with a discount when they reach certain quantity level in their purchase history - thus rewarding the customer's loyalty. The system contains many unique features. Must specifically get attention of the pet food retailers (including chains) but it may be used in any other retail vertical. Please visit ...

disable user login activity window
Customers should have the ability to disable the new feature that allows users to be able to log themselves back in if they get kicked out. Some System Administrators like to be aware of kick-out instances. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Why do macros disable themselves? How to reenable them?
When I open a previously-used workbook, sometimes when I begin to fil in cells, the message pops up FOR EACH CELL (very annoying!) that th macros are disabled, but all I did was reopen a used workbook!?!?! How to stop this from happening, and how to reenable macros onc they're disabled, please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi maybe you're using a user defined function (which won't work with macros disabled). To enable them close the workbook and open it again. Say 'Yes' to the question if you want to enable macros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...

Scheduling add on for RMS
Does anybody know of a "scheduling" add-on for something like a tanning salon or doctors office? We would be looking for something that has a GUI where they can "see" what rooms are being used. Tae Kang of POS Unlimited "SAM", Salon Appointment Module www.posunlimited.com Rob "Tony Cormack" wrote: > Does anybody know of a "scheduling" add-on for something like a tanning salon > or doctors office? We would be looking for something that has a GUI where > they can "see" what rooms are being used. Once again Rob you are ...

New to Excel
I am trying to learn how to add, substract, multiply, and divide columns in an Excel spreadsheet. I know how to add the contents of a column down that column but I cannot understand the instructions of how to add columns across the spreadsheet. I want to be able to add columns to get a result (P+Q=R...ie OBP+SLG=OPS) as well as multiply, divide and substract. Anyone offering assistance will be greatly appreciated. Hi Blake To add columns, you still need a cell reference, not just a column. eg, In C1 put =A1+B1 to multiply =A1*B1 To Subtract =A1-B1 To Divide ...

FRx Need to add a user
Hello, I need to add a user to FRx to be able to see our accounts and print reports but NOT make any changes...anyone able to help me out? Thanks much in advance. ...

add extra device cals
how do you add more device/user CALS to an existing exchange 2003? anybody? You turn off the License Logging Service and then keep track of licenses manually. The License Logging service is hopelessly broken and I don't believe there are any plans to ever fix it. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Joriz" <google@joriz.is-a-geek.net> wrote in message news:7d49ea6b.0409091904.56f9adc@posting.google.com... > how do you add more device/user CALS to an existing exchange 2003? > anybody? ...

GP 8.0 E-Mailing using Non-Acrobat PDF Writer
We are using GP 8.0 and would like to send e-mails as a PDF instead of Plain Text. We are using deskPDF which works will all other MS applications without any problems – however when we try to use GP the PDF e-mail option it remains grayed out. How dose GP know that a PDFWriter of some type is installed? Is there a registry hack or some ini file we can modify to get GP to recognize deskPDF’s printer. Also we are using GP on a Citrix Terminal Server and I just checked the price for Acrobat Elements – the smallest amount you can order is 100 units at $37.00 or rather $3700 – deskPDF is...