Deleting a Command Bar 14May

 Hi All,
  When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot to
use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose event.

  I use excel 2002.

  I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
  and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
  but it still flashes on the screen first.

  Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
  behind the scenes.

  How do I permanently delete it ?
 Thanks, Neal
--
Neal Z

Neal,

You could try
Sub DelBars()
Dim bar As CommandBar
For Each bar In Application.CommandBars
    If Not bar.BuiltIn Then bar.Delete
Next
End Sub

"Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>  Hi All,
>   When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
> up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot
> use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
event.

>   I use excel 2002.
>
>   I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
>   and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
>   but it still flashes on the screen first.
>
>   Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
>   behind the scenes.
>
>   How do I permanently delete it ?
>  Thanks, Neal
> --
> Neal Z

0
Project
5/14/2010 5:45:36 PM
Or

Sub DeleteCustomMenuItem()
Dim cbar As CommandBar

For Each cbar In Application.CommandBars
If cbar.Name = "rmws1" Then cbar.Delete
Next

End Sub

"Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>  Hi All,
>   When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
> up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot
> use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
event.

>   I use excel 2002.
>
>   I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
>   and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
>   but it still flashes on the screen first.
>
>   Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
>   behind the scenes.
>
>   How do I permanently delete it ?
>  Thanks, Neal
> --
> Neal Z

0
Project
5/14/2010 5:53:56 PM
Is the toolbar attached to the workbook.

Regards,
Peter T

"Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>  When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
> up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot
> use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
> event.
>
>  I use excel 2002.
>
>  I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
>  and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
>  but it still flashes on the screen first.
>
>  Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
>  behind the scenes.
>
>  How do I permanently delete it ?
> Thanks, Neal
> --
> Neal Z

0
Peter
5/14/2010 7:33:07 PM
Well Mangler,
  Your code deleted it, but it came back.
  Re-read my question and RE-ADDED IT BUT WITH THE TEMPORARY PARM.

  Deleted it again. Closed the workbook.

  Re-opened the offending workbook, and it now appears to be gone for good.
  Thanks.
--
Neal Z

"Project Mangler" wrote:

> Or
>
> Sub DeleteCustomMenuItem()
> Dim cbar As CommandBar
>
> For Each cbar In Application.CommandBars
> If cbar.Name = "rmws1" Then cbar.Delete
> Next
>
> End Sub
>

> "Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >  Hi All,
> >   When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
> > up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot
> > use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
> event.
> >
> >   I use excel 2002.
> >
> >   I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
> >   and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
> >   but it still flashes on the screen first.
> >
> >   Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
> >   behind the scenes.
> >
> >   How do I permanently delete it ?
> >  Thanks, Neal
> > --
> > Neal Z
>

> .

Peter,
   From the mso help I didn't think you could "attach" a command bar to a
workbook. These guys are at the office level, no ? In the Help its says
there's no
programmatic was to return the command bars attached to a workbook.

By the way, if one deletes the Excel10.xlb workbook, (that's the templates,
isn't it?)
Does Excel re-create it?  I was thinking about that as a last gasp method.

Here's my response to Wrangler re: how it's now gonzo.

Well Mangler,
  Your code deleted it, but it came back.
  Re-read my own question and RE-ADDED IT BUT WITH THE TEMPORARY PARM.

"Peter T" wrote:

> Is the toolbar attached to the workbook.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>

> "Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi All,
> >  When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set
> > up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot
> > use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
> > event.
> >
> >  I use excel 2002.
> >
> >  I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
> >  and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
> >  but it still flashes on the screen first.
> >
> >  Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
> >  behind the scenes.
> >
> >  How do I permanently delete it ?
> > Thanks, Neal
> > --
> > Neal Z
>

> .

Sounds like an attached toolbar to me. In 97-2003 (you have 2002 right?) do
Customize toolbars, Attach... and follow your nose (ensure the suspicious
workbook is active first)

If you delete your xlb yes a new default one will be created, though you'll
lose all your customized toolbars of course.

Regards,
Peter T

> Peter,
>   From the mso help I didn't think you could "attach" a command bar to a
> workbook. These guys are at the office level, no ? In the Help its says
> there's no
> programmatic was to return the command bars attached to a workbook.
>
> By the way, if one deletes the Excel10.xlb workbook, (that's the
> templates,
> isn't it?)
> Does Excel re-create it?  I was thinking about that as a last gasp method.
>
> Here's my response to Wrangler re: how it's now gonzo.
>
> Well Mangler,
>  Your code deleted it, but it came back.
>  Re-read my own question and RE-ADDED IT BUT WITH THE TEMPORARY PARM.
>
>  Deleted it again. Closed the workbook.
>
>  Re-opened the offending workbook, and it now appears to be gone for good.
>  Thanks.
> --
> Neal Z
> --
> Neal Z
>

> "Peter T" wrote:
>
>> Is the toolbar attached to the workbook.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter T
>>

>> "Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >  When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I
>> > set
>> > up one called "rmws1".  I can't find the code that did it, probably
>> > forgot
>> > use Temporary.  I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose
>> > event.
>> >
>> >  I use excel 2002.
>> >
>> >  I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open,
>> >  and I delete it with:  Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete
>> >  but it still flashes on the screen first.
>> >
>> >  Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's
>> >  behind the scenes.
>> >
>> >  How do I permanently delete it ?
>> > Thanks, Neal
>> > --
>> > Neal Z
>>

>> .

0
Peter
5/14/2010 11:00:00 PM
Peter, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
  Thanks for the xlb answer.

  I have a personality flaw where I get too precise with the English language.

  Of course the toolbar is "attached" to the Wbk, workbook VBA code created
it, and another Wbk, without the VBA, will not show that tool bar. My last
question on this
matter is inside the command bars loop below.

   My reading of the the Help phrase, "There is no programmatic way....."
meant
that:
     If my Wbk name is   "D3333.xls",

     Dim CBar  As CommandBar

     For Each CBar in CommandBars

         'What can you put here that will provide data about
         ' the command bars created for  the above named workbook and not
         'any other Wbk without doing something "special"  ??   Special
stuff would
         'include putting "D3333.xls" into the .Tag property when the
toolbar or menu
         'was created.

     Next CBar

     '  NOTE:  VBA that scans the VBE source code modules for a project
might be
         able to do it, but I don't think that what the MSoft help phrase
meant.

Thanks again for your time on this,
   Neal Z.

--
Neal Z

"Peter T" wrote:

> Sounds like an attached toolbar to me. In 97-2003 (you have 2002 right?) do
> Customize toolbars, Attach... and follow your nose (ensure the suspicious
> workbook is active first)
>
> If you delete your xlb yes a new default one will be created, though you'll
> lose all your customized toolbars of course.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>
> "Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Peter,
> >   From the mso help I didn't think you could "attach" a command bar to a
> > workbook. These guys are at the office level, no ? In the Help its says
> > there's no
> > programmatic was to return the command bars attached to a workbook.
> >
> > By the way, if one deletes the Excel10.xlb workbook, (that's the
> > templates,
> > isn't it?)
> > Does Excel re-create it?  I was thinking about that as a last gasp method.
> >
> > Here's my response to Wrangler re: how it's now gonzo.
> >
> > Well Mangler,
> >  Your code deleted it, but it came back.
> >  Re-read my own question and RE-ADDED IT BUT WITH THE TEMPORARY PARM.
> >
> >  Deleted it again. Closed the workbook.
> >
> >  Re-opened the offending workbook, and it now appears to be gone for good.
> >  Thanks.
> > --
> > Neal Z
> > --
> > Neal Z
> >

> > "Peter T" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the toolbar attached to the workbook.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Peter T
> >>

> >> "Neal Zimm" <nealzimm@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I am confused both with what you have and your overall objectives. What does
this mean -

>  Of course the toolbar is "attached" to the Wbk, workbook VBA code created
> it,

Normally a CommandBar does not become "attached" to a workbook unless you
manually attached it. Please refer to the instructions I gave you last time
to determine if the CommandBar is attached. If it is, delete it, thereafter
I recommend don't attach toolbars to a workbook. There's no need and
attached toolbars can cause problems.

If the commandbar is not attached, try and explain your overall objective.
I'm vaguely guessing you have multiple workbooks all attempting to create a
similarly named toolbar.

>  I have a personality flaw where I get too precise with the English
> language.

Absolutely no problem to be too precise (English doesn't need to be perfect
though), it's when things are not clear it becomes a guessing game for those
trying to assist.

FWIW commandbars do not have a Tag or Parameter property, commandbar
controls do though

Regards,
Peter T

> [...]
>> > Peter,
>> >   From the mso help I didn't think you could "attach" a command bar to
>> > workbook. These guys are at the office level, no ? In the Help its says
>> > there's no
>> > programmatic was to return the command bars attached to a workbook.
>> >
>> > By the way, if one deletes the Excel10.xlb workbook, (that's the
>> > templates,
>> > isn't it?)
>> > Does Excel re-create it?  I was thinking about that as a last gasp
>> > method.
>> >
>> > Here's my response to Wrangler re: how it's now gonzo.
>> >
>> > Well Mangler,
>> >  Your code deleted it, but it came back.
>> >  Re-read my own question and RE-ADDED IT BUT WITH THE TEMPORARY PARM.
>> >
>> >  Deleted it again. Closed the workbook.
>> >
>> >  Re-opened the offending workbook, and it now appears to be gone for

0
Peter
5/19/2010 8:04:59 PM
Peter,
   Thanks so much for your time on this.
   The points you raise are spot on and I misspoke about the .Tag property.

    I did not mean to convey I have multiple workbooks (wbk) creating the
same command bar, that is not the case.

   What I have is an addin I've been building for a couple of years now that
I hope to sell, eventually. I've been in systems for a long long time but I'm
self taught in VBA via Walkenbach's book and the helpful VIP's like you.

   I was very imprecise, LOL, when I said the command bar was attached to
the wbk.  It is not.  At the user's wbk open event, I build a menu for the
tasks the addin code executes. It's deleted @ user wbk deactive or close
events.

   In addition, the user's wbk has a worksheet (ws) named "Menu". When the
user activates it, the ws activate event creates a floating command bar.  The
Menu ws shows a lot of explanatory text about the same tasks in the "regular"
dropdown (popup) menu @ the top of the screen. (Yeah, I probably should have
developed  formal Help functionality, but it was early in the game and this
was a lot easier.) The user community for the addin are NOT financial types,
know 'bare bones' about excel, and my thought was that the Menu ws text would
be helpful so why not run a macro from it?. (No need for you to answer that
question.)

   The user can select a task cell on the Menu ws, and then just click the
floater and a macro will execute.

   @ Menu ws deactivation the floater command bar is deleted so it does not
appear on other ws's.

   The floater that was ALSO showing up, was a stray, an error, that found
it's way to the .xlb wbk as I was learning about command bars and is the
puppy that kicked off this whole thread.

My objective was to permanently delete it so it never appeared again.

Thanks again,
   Neal

--
Neal Z

"Peter T" wrote:

> [...]
> > toolbar or menu
> >         'was created.
> >
> >     Next CBar
> >
> >     '  NOTE:  VBA that scans the VBE source code modules for a project
> > might be
> >         able to do it, but I don't think that what the MSoft help phrase
> > meant.
> >
> > Thanks again for your time on this,
> >   Neal Z.
> >
> > --
> > Neal Z
> >

> > "Peter T" wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like an attached toolbar to me. In 97-2003 (you have 2002 right?)
> >> do
> >> Customize toolbars, Attach... and follow your nose (ensure the suspicious
> >> workbook is active first)
> >>
> >> If you delete your xlb yes a new default one will be created, though
> >> you'll
> >> lose all your customized toolbars of course.

Two things -

>    I did not mean to convey I have multiple workbooks (wbk) creating the
> same command bar, that is not the case.
and -
>   In addition, the user's wbk has a worksheet (ws) named "Menu". When the
> user activates it, the ws activate event creates a floating command bar.

Whether floating or not it's still a commandbar and it sounds like each
workbook creates a very similar if not identical commandbar. But it sounds
like you've got all that managed.

>   I was very imprecise, LOL, when I said the command bar was attached to
> the wbk.  It is not.
and -
>   The floater that was ALSO showing up, was a stray, an error, that found
> it's way to the .xlb wbk as I was learning about command bars and is the
> puppy that kicked off this whole thread.

"that found it's way back to the .xlb" That suggests the toolbar still
exists in the collection. Maybe it's some how become attached to your xla in
the early days of development. Why not change the xla's IsAddin property to
False and follow the instructions I gave a couple of messages back to ensure
no bar is attached. Don't forget to reset the IsAddin property when done.
Close *all* instances of Excel (keep in mind the xlb will get updated to the
state of bars in the last instance to be closed). Start a new instance and
attempt to delete it

CommandBars("myBar").Delete

Close/restart Excel and check. If it's still there either all instances were
not closed or it is attached to a workbook.

> helpful VIP's like you.

I take it you mean MVP and thanks. Curiosity how did you know, I don't
normally add it to my signature.

Regards,
Peter T

> [...]
>> >
>> >   My reading of the the Help phrase, "There is no programmatic
>> > way....."
>> > meant
>> > that:
>> >     If my Wbk name is   "D3333.xls",
>> >
>> >     Dim CBar  As CommandBar
>> >
>> >     For Each CBar in CommandBars
>> >
>> >         'What can you put here that will provide data about
>> >         ' the command bars created for  the above named workbook and
>> > not
>> >         'any other Wbk without doing something "special"  ??   Special
>> > stuff would
>> >         'include putting "D3333.xls" into the .Tag property when the
>> > toolbar or menu
>> >         'was created.
>> >
>> >     Next CBar
>> >
>> >     '  NOTE:  VBA that scans the VBE source code modules for a project
>> > might be
>> >         able to do it, but I don't think that what the MSoft help

0
Peter
5/20/2010 5:48:10 PM
Peter,
    Good stuff, and thanks, I'll do your steps later today.

    Re: VIP,  this is a hoot, I actually meant to type MVP, (maybe it's some
kind of Freudian thing) but in truth all you guys are Very Important Person's
to me and the others gaining knowledge here.
    So, I didn't know, but I've read a lot of your answers on this board,
and the designation fits you well.

Regards, and thanks again.
Neal Z.

"Peter T" wrote:

> [...]
> >> manually attached it. Please refer to the instructions I gave you last
> >> time
> >> to determine if the CommandBar is attached. If it is, delete it,
> >> thereafter
> >> I recommend don't attach toolbars to a workbook. There's no need and
> >> attached toolbars can cause problems.
> >>
> >> If the commandbar is not attached, try and explain your overall
> >> objective.
> >> I'm vaguely guessing you have multiple workbooks all attempting to create
> >> similarly named toolbar.

> >> Absolutely no problem to be too precise (English doesn't need to be
> >> perfect
> >> though), it's when things are not clear it becomes a guessing game for
> >> those
> >> trying to assist.
> >>
> >> FWIW commandbars do not have a Tag or Parameter property, commandbar

Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell
I am trying to create the Mailbox user through command shell. When I write "New-Mailbox -password $password" its not asking for password. Its giving following error : New-Mailbox : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Password' because it is null. And also one more thing I want to specify password directly in command so it should not prompt for password?How can we do this? Thnaks Ashwin Sancheti Have you looked at the help for this? Get-help new-mailbox will display the help. From there, here is the example. EXAMPLES $password = Read-Host "Enter password"...

Executing DOS command
Hello, I am developing an MFC SDI application using VC6 running on WinXP. I am using the CreateProcess() function to execute the DOS copy command. cmd "copy file1.txt file2.txt" The program displays a DOS box with a flashing prompt. It's like the "copy file1.txt file2.txt" is ignored. Any ideas? TIA, Jacques "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:#CsFen4XDHA.1480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am developing an MFC SDI application using VC6 running on WinXP. > I am using the CreateProcess() function to ...

How can I delete entire inbox?
Hi, Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The account has so much spam and don't want to delete 1000 spam messages one by one. Thanks for any help! Select first email, hold down shift, use down arrow to select all = messages, presss delete. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, egb88 asked: | Hi, | Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The | account has so much...

Deleting original text on reply or forward
Hiya.. I have a user that, when they receive a message from a particular law firm, and they attempt to reply to it, the text from the original message is removed, though, the law firms 'disclaimer' remains intact. This also happens on forwards. This user does not have their Outlook set to remove the text in their options.. And as stated, this only happens with this particular law firm. I have opened the email message, and looked for macros, but there don't appear to be any. So.. my question is: How are they doing it? How does this law firm force recipients to lose the origi...

Using Remove History to delete old financial data
My company would like to remove financial data from 1995-1999 on our SQL Server. We are running Dynamics 9.0. Would performing Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History remove the data from SQL Server (i.e. table GL30000) and any other tables that would have financial data related to these years or do I have to run a series of SQL scripts against the database tables to delete the data? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer ...

Re: Massive "FIND" or " Compare cells " then , Delete....
Hello All, lets say I have in Column A, Dan, John, Bill, Angela, Fred ...many entries of the same names.... In Column B, I have Nancy, Dan, Steve, I want to delete all of the "Dans" in both columns ... Can I do something like: =compare( A1:B20 ) , delete,*.*)) I tried Subsitute, FIND, REPLACE.... Help! I am Confused!!!! :) Select A1:B100 (assuming that is your range), do Edit / Replace, replacing Dan with nothing, then with the range still selected do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then Edit / Delete / Shift Cells UP. This assumes you want ...

Delete a user
How can I delete a user once all records have been re-assigned and all licenses and security roles removed? You can't remove users. ...

Predefibed command buttons in 2007??
PPT 2007 on WinXP Just wnet looking for my old friends from teh XP version, those predefined commands buttons for Next slide, previous slide, End and beginning of presentation. Can't find them. The only option I see for command buttons is to insert VBA code. Are these functions still available, but just hiding from me. can anyone point me in teh direction of these tools? If these predefined command buttons are truly no langer part opf PPT 07 can you offer the code to do "next slide", "previous Slide", "End of show", and "Beginning of show...

How to delete?
I amusing Money Plus Premium, and I have a problem I hope you can help with. T Rowe Price changed my user name, so my online services no longer worked. So I stopped Online updates, and re-created it. I got a bunch of statements and recent transactions even though I said I did not want any transactions. So I went through them, but I think by mistake I accepted a match that was incorrect, so my current balance of one fund was wrong. After trying to figure out what the transaction was, and redoing the process again, I went back to yesterday's backup and started over. But now, I hav...

Keeping Deleted Items Folder Cleaned Up
I'm trying to add a rule that will delete any item over 2 years old in my deleted items folder. The rules wizard only lets me select the inbox. I delete stuff but don't clear deleted box in case I need it later. Is there a way that I could send a deleted email to a temporary folder and have a rule for it to send it to the deleted box and have my deleted box emptied whenever I log out? Thanks for your help, Marw ...

Stacked bar for multiple series + secondary axis
Hello! :confused: Could somebody help me to get 2 or more parallel an distinct stacked bars? In the attached picture you will see that th only solution I got was to modify the bar width. Thank!!!!!!!!!!!!! +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Stacked bar.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3908 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- gilbertc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gilbertcn's Profile: http...

Stacked Bar chart
I need to present a portfolio of loans on a bar chart for 4 end of months split into currencies (there 3 currencies). I created a stacked bar chart (a single bar is split into 3 colors, each representing a different currency). Each bar has a value label. But I also need to include the label showing the percentage share of each currency in the total portfolio. How can I achieve this? Hi, Start by calculating the % Share in the spreadsheet. Say in column D. In column E create a concatenated formula such as =C1&" - "&D1 where C1 contains the value label you mentioned...

Moving a frame with no title bar
I'm trying to create an MDI Child Window that does not have a title bar. When the user clicks anywhere on this window, I want them to be able to drag the frame anywhere. I tried doing it by having the view handling OnNcHitTest() but that doesn't work because it makes the view move WITHIN the frame, which isn't quite right - I want the entire frame to move. I was thinking of doing a SendMessage() to the frame, but I wasn't sure how to send the parameters since that function takes lParam and hParam, whereas OnNcHitTest() only has as an argument a CPoint (i'm relatively new a...

Conditional Delete
I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would be appreciated! I'd select that column and do Data|Filter|autofilter Then use the dropdown and choose custom contains: (type in your value) And delete the visible rows Then data|Filter|autofilter (to remove the filter) ======= You may be able to chose the value you want from the dropdown, too--avoiding the Custom stuff. gsxith3@embarqmail.com wrote: > > I want to delete all cells that contain specific text. Any help would > be appreciated! -- Dave Peterson Edit>Find what: yourtext Find all. ...

hOW TO DELETE THE
"KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How to delete the - in (23-HFV51), I have lots of rows with data. Assume the source is in col A, A2 down Put in B2: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,"-","") Copy down Copy col B, then paste special as values to overwrite col A -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Edit>Replace what: - with: nothing Replace all. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:07:02 -0800, "KimSingh" <KimSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Automatic Update of Navigation Bars
I am attempting to modify a basic pre-designed web page to meet my specific needs. I have chosen to include a vertical navigation bar and a horizontal one at the bottom of the page. I have also chosen that the horizontal one is updated automatically. However, I have found that this automatic update only occurs when I chose one of the pre-defined default buttons provided by Publisher, e.g. "Contact Us." If I creat a button with my own text on it the automatic update for the horizontal navigation bar does not take place. Additionally, I find that I cannot manually update that ...

Chart MEnu Bar Missing
Occasionally my Excel worksheets will no thave the Chart Menu Bar attached to them but will have them on different worksheets. The Chart Menu Bar is the one with File, Edit View, etc. Is there a reason it is missing and if so how do I return it? Thanks, Ryan You probably havent selected the chart toolbar. If it isnt selected it will only appear when you open a sheet that has a chart on it. But then it will not reappear when you close the sheet and restart Excel. Just open excel, select view\toolbars\chart from the menu and then restart Excel. Should work. Jamie, we are not talkin...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

Will deleting a Form delete attached code? AND How to see ALL code in dB ?
1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? 2 Is there a way to see all the code associated with an Access data base? 3 - Or must you open every form and ask for code view? Or what? 3 - Can you print all the code out at once or must you open each object and print code associated with that object? thanks for the help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177956107.236707.142280@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? Well, the answer is "kind of" yes. It is important t...

why does deleted email have a line thru it
I have 2 email accounts. One works fine. On the other; when I delete an email I have a line thru it and the email stays in the inbox and cannot be removed. Help. Did you try and hit Send\Receive when the line is through the message. Does it delete then -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFDC8DB7-12D5-47C3-AA1E-74F72CF0258D@microsoft.com... >I have 2 email accounts. One works fine. On t...

Deletion of Backups
I want to automatically copy my scheduled nightly GP backup to an external drive and then delete the backup off the server. GP doesn't allow the backup directly to the external drive. What would be the best way to accomplish that? ------=_NextPart_0001_D418A9F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello David, Thanks for posting in Microsoft Forums! Please note the new Forums posting area at the following URL - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ Recommendation is to configure a Job right within SQL Server as a scheduled Maintenance P...

#Deleted
Hello, I have a continuous form where the rs is from a main table, and one currency field from a detail table. If data is entered into the detail table field, the info is entered correctly, along with a few other default field values not displayed. My problem is, if the detail record has a value, and the user overwrites with $0 or clears the field, I wish to delete the child record. I am doing this with a runsql delete. All this is fine, but I then get a #Deleted displayed on my form. Me.requery fixes the problem but also makes the first record the current record, and ...

Deleting Outlook 2002
I have just bought Office 2003 and want to load Outlook 2003. I don't seem to be able to do this. Outlook 2002 won't delete; I've deleted in the Add/Remove programmes in the Control Panel but still the Outlook version remains 2002. I think that the best solution is to delete 2002 and then re-intall Office 2003 Can anyone help please Installing Outlook 2003 should automatically remove Outlook 2002, since only one version is allowed per machine. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Deve...

Formula bar
Hi All, Is there any way (I hope so) to set the maximal size of the formula bar? I have large formulas and the expanding formula bar is simply hiding half of my sheet and a lot of cells I need to see. Please advise (no, writing smaller formulas is not an option :) Thanks Marton No, it is no adjustable AFAIK. Why is not writing smaller formulae an option, you can put intermediary steps in hidden columns, it also makes debugging easier. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.mail> wrote in mes...

lost newsgroup command button
I followed Outlook's help topic to add a "news" selection to the "go" menu. I started "news" from that icon/selection under the "go" menu and all worked fine. My second attempt to open "news" the selection was missing. I tried to reinstall the selection but now "news" is missing from the customize "go" selection. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default new...