date of JPG photo file which is taken

hi,

i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write
the date of JPG file which is taken

to excel sheet.

how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.

I mean the date of taking photo

thanks

0
iso

Go here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/

Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to
your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA).

Example usage:

Sub Tester()
Dim exif As New ExifReader

 exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG"
 Debug.Print exif.Tag(DateTimeOriginal)

End Sub

Tim

"EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>
> to excel sheet.
>
> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>
> I mean the date of taking photo
>
> thanks

0
Tim
12/5/2009 8:54:04 AM
Hi,

To see how you can extract the EXIF data for all jpegs in a foilder to an Excel file, go to:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=618967&st=0&p=618967&#entry618967
and download the attachment there, plus the dll at:
http://members.cox.net/foxbat121/exifview.html

--
Cheers
macropod

"EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qtSLpXdKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> hi,
>
> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write the date of JPG file which is taken
>
> to excel sheet.
>
> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>
> I mean the date of taking photo
>
> thanks

0
macropod
12/5/2009 9:48:28 AM
Thanks,it hleps

"Tim Williams" <timjwilliams@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Go here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/
>
> Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to
> your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA).
>
> Example usage:
>
> Sub Tester()
> Dim exif As New ExifReader
>
> exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG"
> Debug.Print exif.Tag(DateTimeOriginal)
>
> End Sub
>
> Tim
>

> "EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
>> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>>
>> to excel sheet.
>>
>> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>>
>> I mean the date of taking photo
>>
>> thanks

0
iso
12/7/2009 8:49:03 AM
Thanks,it hleps
"macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> To see how you can extract the EXIF data for all jpegs in a foilder to an
> Excel file, go to:
> http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=618967&st=0&p=618967&#entry618967
> and download the attachment there, plus the dll at:
> http://members.cox.net/foxbat121/exifview.html
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
>> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>>
>> to excel sheet.
>>
>> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>>
>> I mean the date of taking photo
>>
>> thanks

0
iso
12/7/2009 8:49:12 AM
You can use the Input Textstream functions in Exel VBA to read the data
in JPG files and pick out the Picture Taken Date.  I have created an
excel workbook with this <a
href="http://www.ipi-international.co.uk/IPI%20Backup.zip">function</a>.
 You can copy the code from there if you wish. It seems that there are
some differences in the time when looking at the Picture Taken Date
using Explorer on a Vista system.

--
ipi-paul
ipi-paul's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1819

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
ipi

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

adding date/time picker to inputbox control
Hi all,is there a way to add a date/time picker control to inputbox?...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...

Date & Time file was last saved
Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved? I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002? Here is an UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells: =DocProps("Last save time") Obviously, the file has to have been saved. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...

Add working hours to date field
We offer computer support based on a certain response time in hours. I want to have a date field, on the case form, to automatically set x WORKING hours ahead, usually 8 hours. The actually hour value will be pulled from a contract. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I shooting way too high? ...

date macro
HI! Thanks in advance for helping. I would like to run a macro on a user form to take the date of report and see if the date is on or past the 26th and send the report to the its designated worksheet. looped. example: IF the report is anywhere created from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month to go in to spreedsheet of that current month and continue on till project is finished. starting with the first day of contract to be awarded. the problem is i have to use thier form on excel. the thing is, the report will only have a "todays date" and the data to follow...

Caculating Columns Between Certain Dates
I have a spread sheet with for simplicity 4 columns Column 1 is a Date Column, Column 2 is a Company Name, Column 3 is a Payment amount X Column 4 is a Payment amount Y The amount due is the sum of X+Y between the relevant dates. The entries are in date order and the Company names random. The number of entries per company varies also. I want to be able to calculate the amount due for each company over a thee month period between certain varied dates. Questions 1. Is there a way to enter the dates to calculate between. 2. What is the best way to perform the calculations for each company?...

Post Exp Date in Master Rcd (row) from trans record
Hi, I'm using Access 2003 via Xp Office Pro. I'm working on a annual membership database. Each member has to renew each year if they want to stay a member. I want to keep a history of their membership. I have a membership table and will have a renewal table where I create a record / row each time a member renews. Key to both tables are automatic generated numbers. When I post the renewal transactions, I would like to change the expiration date that is on the master record. I realize that I would have the same data in both records, but for simplicity of the r...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

OL2000
When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer. I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when I look further....

Corrupt Access 2003 File
I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to go back and redo all that work again. Any help will be appreciated. "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this ...

text to date..!!
if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as "30-Mar-2005"? thks & regds! via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495816 sorry! a small correction! if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as &q...

Missing File Names
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When clicking on an Excel file I get the following message: ':Mac Excel Expander:Mac Excel Expander' could not be found. I also get this message when trying to launch a Word file. I have recently removed Office 2008 and reinstalled 2004. Thanks ...

Visio Professional 7
i have several visio files (20-40) pages in each and i need to merge them into a single large visio file... is there a way to do this... inserting a page at a time and copying the drawing is not practical On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:38:01 -0700, sunman <sunman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have several visio files (20-40) pages in each and i need to merge them >into a single large visio file... is there a way to do this... inserting a >page at a time and copying the drawing is not practical I've just added this feature to the utilities at http://www.visio-utilities....

SOME .docx files open in compatibility mode
Can anyone point me to where I can determine what elements may be causing some DOCX files to open in compatibility mode in word 2007 and word 2010 Beta? What seems strange is that if I open the document, make a change to it and resave it, when re-opened, it will STILL be in compatibility mode. However, if I open the document, do NOT change anything, and then re-save it under a new name and re-open it, then it does NOT open in compatibility mode. All functions and features I use seem to work fine either way including embedded XL spreadsheets. OS: win7Pro32 1.5 GB RAM All fil...

Problem downloading OFX files.
I thought this was a bank issue based on the error message I received, but I get it at every bank: "A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support." I did call one of my banks and they confirmed no issues on their side. Can anyone help resolve this? Surely that's what I would have said too. There are so many things that could be going on here. Have you tried momentarily disabling firewall or AV ware? "Bart Simpson" <me@here.now> wrote i...