Custom Function for Pivot Table

Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a
pivot table?  For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write
a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available
functions?

I don't think Pivot tables work like that, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, why
don't you do this outside of the Pivot Table.  Create a helper column for
your weighted average and do the calculation there.  Do a little research on
the Getpivotdata function:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052091071033.aspx

--
Ryan---

"Stratuser" wrote:

> Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a
> pivot table?  For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write
> a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available
> functions?

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Only one customer in letter writing assistant
Great Plains version 8 - When I run the letter writing assistant to create a Collection Letter or a Customer Letter and I select All customers and All customer types I only get one customer in the customer list to choose from. It doesn't matter what letter I am trying to create I only get one customer to pick from. Does anyone know what I need to do to get all my customers to show up? This is normal behavior if you are launching the letter assistant from the customer maintenance window. Launch it from the reports menu to perform mass mailings. I have tried launching the letter ...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

Index & Matching Functions
I have created a workbook with three sheets. The first contains data pertaining to a project type and a specific ID number that I have assigned to it. For Example: 1 Areospace Ground Equipment Complexes 2 Hangers 3 Maintenance Facilities 4 Warehouse Etc..... I have another sheet that contains a database of all my firm's completed projects in which I detail several fields (i.e. project number, description, location, cost, client, and its Project Type ID#-taken from the list aforemention...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

custom PO layout
I'd like to replace the vat column in the standard PO with a retail price from the HQ database, can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance :) ...

Custom Workspace Template Not Linking to Projects
Experts, I publised a test project on PWA for Project Server 2007. I then went to that new Workspace and made several changes to the Issues and Risks columns and over all views. I then saved the site as a template, sent the .stp file to our sharepoint admin and she executed the STSADM command to load new the template. I then went to PWA Site Provisioning setting and switched the default template to the new one. so far so good? When I went to create a new project schedule and published, i created the schedule and workspace but they're not linked. Meanining that I dont see t...

Implement Help function
Hello, I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help function. For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer' will show you a window with a question button on the titlebar. Is it possible to have this in dlg-based application?? thx "Wes" <saruman@pandora.be> wrote in message news:uiWUxx5sEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help > function. > For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer'...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Median in Excel 2007 pivot-tables
HI, I am working on pivot table for data analysis, where I need to show the median. While working on this I found that "Median" is not supported in pivot tables. Is there any way I can use median function in pivot tables? Best Regards, Venkataramana AFAIK, you can't alter pivot tables, but you can certainly copy/paste special (perhaps a new sheet), and then do whatever you want to it (perhaps in an adjacent column). -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Venkataramana" wrote: ...

custom error
How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will have text that I define. Thanks A sample for you to try. "Me.Text0" is the textbox to display the description and error number. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo ErrorLoad Err.Raise 5, , "Test Message" ErrorExit: Err = 0 'reset error Exit Sub ErrorLoad: Me.Text0 = Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description Resume ErrorExit End Sub Matt Roell wrote: >How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will >...

Creating Custom Recipient Policy
Hi, I am running exchange 2003, the companyi work for aquired many companies and changeing email address for x number of employees. so i am currently acceptting about 6 differerent email address with the old and the new. when all is said and done. i would like to have a custom recipient policy for each primary email address. so the user do not end up with them all on their smtp properties. I just want them to have there old and new primary. i quess i am asking how can i create 3 different primary address for different users in the same company? thanks a bunch in advance for helping Pa...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

Exact function
I've created a simple spreadsheet. Column A is a list of 15,034 used Work Order reference numbers (many values are missing); Column C is a complete list (25,000 WO numbers). I want to get a separate list of unused numbers, but can't get the EXACT function to work. ( I believe it should place a TRUE value in column D when the numbers match.) I've used: =OR(EXACT(C1,$A$1:$A$15034)), which I replicated down column D. It gives me nothing but FALSE values, even though about half the numbers match. BTW, I do get a TRUE value if I use =EXACT(C21,A1), so it may be an array problem....

Pivot Table help needed
HI, I tried to the example given in this site... http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html For Show/Hide Items -- Visible property is not working. Visible Property is working if the data source is EXcel itself. If the data source is analysis Manager, Visible property is always true...Is there any work around. I have done the macro recording. That is giving a long code which can not be implemented. also I will not able to add a calculated member in the pivot table because the olap datasource is analaysis amanager.. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this. Thanks and regards. ...

clear old items in pivot
How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kimz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9d2e01c486d4$603a78d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running > excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table > I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? > I tried that and it wo...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

Mail to my customers
Hi I want to send mail from outlook2003/exchange2003 to my customers. I want every recipients to only see himself in the "To" field. I have tried to use blindcopy, but then the "To: " field is empty. The recipients are put in a distribution list - no more than 100. I don't try to make spam! Any ideas? Tor-Magne most people tend to add the multiple recipients to the BCC field and just add your own email to the To field.That way outlook doesn't complain about the To field being empty. The recipient will see it coming from you, and sent to you, that's th...