create bar in timeline like a Gantt

I would really appreciate your help.  I have a weird one!  I have built a
horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet.  VBA code collects the
start and end dates of a date range.  How can I build a bar on the row below
the time line, like in a Gantt chart?  I would also like to put a name within
the bar.  Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline
sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for
creating the bar.  Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate
them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them with a bar?
--
Bob A

This might give you some ideas

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/gantt_chart_demo/

Ken

On Dec 28, 4:03=A0pm, Bob A <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would really appreciate your help. =A0I have a weird one! =A0I have bui=
lt a
> horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. =A0VBA code collects t=
he
> start and end dates of a date range. =A0How can I build a bar on the row =
below
> the time line, like in a Gantt chart? =A0I would also like to put a name =
within
> the bar. =A0Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timelin=
> sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can=92t find the code =
for
> creating the bar. =A0Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could rela=
te
> them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them with a bar?
> --
> Bob A

0
Ken
12/28/2009 10:10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwE0Xv1lAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW_wGSFavTc

Lots of others out there; just Google around...

--
Ryan---

"Ken" wrote:

> This might give you some ideas
>
> http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/gantt_chart_demo/
>
> Ken
>

> On Dec 28, 4:03 pm, Bob A <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I would really appreciate your help.  I have a weird one!  I have built a
> > horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet.  VBA code collects the
> > start and end dates of a date range.  How can I build a bar on the row below
> > the time line, like in a Gantt chart?  I would also like to put a name within
> > the bar.  Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline
> > sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for
> > creating the bar.  Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate
> > them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them with a bar?
> > --
> > Bob A
>
> .

restore the title bar in excel?
the title bar has gone missing in one excel file. there does not seem to be an option in the *view, tool bar, customize* feature. how do i restore the title bar? thanks dennis You can reset that worksheet menubar by: Tools|customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menubar click the reset button. Do you still have tools|customize available??? dennis wrote: > > the title bar has gone missing in one excel file. there does not seem to be > an option in the *view, tool bar, customize* feature. how do i restore the > title bar? > thanks > dennis -- Dave Peterson Thank ...

Changing the inner border of bar labels?
Hello, I want to set the inner border of the bar labels to zero. How can I do that? Greets Xaver ...

How do you tell which version of excel was used to create a workb.
I need to know the exact version of Excel that was used to create various spreadsheets. How can I tell? I don't think you can determine what version of Excel was used to create a workbook. You can determine the version that last calculated the workbook, and the current version, but not the create version. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "GeekGoddess" <GeekGoddess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC9D857F-2F8F-41BA-8ADA-EC434AA627AF@microsoft.com... >I need to know the e...

How to create a discussion post
This is just a demonstration on how to create a post. Are you teaching somebody? If so, they might like to see that the posts 'are' read and replied to :) "Phaewchanok McKeon" <pmckeon@student.gc.maricopa.edu> wrote in message news:#u4jLrduDHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > This is just a demonstration on how to create a post. > > ...

How can I create an Activity Diagram using Visio 2003?
I need to create an Activity Diagram using Visio 2003 for my class project of ecommerce. The activity diagram is a tool used to demonstrate the flow of business processes of an specific system. Please help me. My textbook shows me samples of activity diagrams but I want to know if MS Visio 2003 is useful with this task. THANKS!! ...

Problem with using named ranges to create charts
In excel 2003 to Define Name I write Names in workbook: Values Refers to: =Sheet1!$B$7:$C$7-Sheet1!$B$3:$C$3 and to SERIES formula I write =SERIES(;;Book1!Values;1) It works perfect in excel 2003. But why it doesn't work in excel 2007? Thanks ...

eConnect
Good Day! I am using econnect 9 for Great Plains and I am having problems with creating gl lines. When I am to create a journal entry with unbalanced journal entry, econnect returns an error that I cannot create entries which are unbalanced. But when I tried manually creating GL entries in GP, it allows me to save the entry but I am prompted if I want to save the entry but still am able to create an entry. I would like to ask if there is a way in econnect where I can disregard this validation of unbalanced entries and continue to create unbalanced journal entries. Thanks! Ryan: Short o...

Can you make a list control look like an MSFlexGrid?
Can you put lines between rows and columns? >Can you put lines between rows and columns? Yes you can Chris, see the LVS_EX_GRIDLINES style. However, I recall there's a problem with this when used on XP with a theme enabled application, in that the grid lines get drawn messed up when you scroll the list! Yes Cheers David, that works, I couldn't find the option to display the drawing pin (tack) icon to keep a column in place while scrolling others out of view (only an option for the leftmost column). Do you know this property? >I couldn't find the option to display...

? on creating PDF files
To print reports as a PDF file, are the only requirements that a PDF writer is installed on the local machine? Will GP automatically detect this and give you the option to print a PDF file once it is installed? I can't seem to get this to work with Adobe Acrobat 6.0. Thanks DJ, It will work as long as the Adobe PDF printer is the default printer, otherwise, you will have to manually change the Printer Setup in GP BEFORE printing any report to PDF. Once changed, all reports will go to Acrobat PDF by default while you are logged into GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MI...

Creating an Amortization schedule ?
Anyone know how to do this in Excel?? ASSUME MONTHLY AMORTIZATION TABLE A1 = "Principal" B1 = The amount to be amortized [assume $100,000] A2 = "Annual Rate" B2 = Annual Percentage rate of loan [assume 10%] A3 = "Period in Years" B3 = Period in years over which loan will be amortized [assume 30 years] A5 = "Period" B5 = "Payment" C5 = "Interest" D5 = "Principal" E5 = "Add'l Payments" F5 = "Balance" F6 formula =B1 A7 thru A366 = 1 to 360 [# of periods in amortization of 30yrs x 12 months] B7 thru B3...

Creating Lookup Field Between Two Tables
I have a main table with about 5000 records of companies I may want to do business with. Now I've created another table showing the differences in the business practices of the companies. I'd like to be able to lookup the company name and information in table one by ID number rather than retype it for table two. I know there is a way to create a lookup table in table two in order to look it up and select the applicable ID number but I've tried using the Wizard and I'm getting nowhere. HELP! Thanks, Ron You need to create forms based on your table(s) or quer...

Powershell crashes when creating a Crystal Reports object
Hi All I'm trying to work with Crystal Reports in Powershell. I found an example that I'm trying to use as the base for my project. However, I have issues straight away in that when I try to create a report Powershell crashes. Below is the code I'm using: [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('CrystalDecisions.Shared') [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine') $report = New-Object CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument Any assistance would be appr...

Create Test Company
When I try to create Test Company in GP10 SP2 using GP Utilities, systems throws an error and exits at 'Creating Company Information' step. It does not give any error details. I have used SQL profiler to find the error but it does not show any errors. Any suggestions? Thanks. I had an issue with SP2, as well. Unfortunately, I didn't solve the issue except by installing SP3. -- Charles Allen, MVP "StJohn" wrote: > When I try to create Test Company in GP10 SP2 using GP Utilities, systems > throws an error and exits at 'Creating Company Information&#...

Disable command bar
I want to remove a menu choice in Visio Standard 2003 via a GPO I have the visio 2003 gpo installed it has a section for disabling items in the user interface either Predefined or Custom. The menu I want to disable is not under the predefined so I would have to use custom. In order to do this I need the command bar ID to disable. I have no clue what that means. The menu I am trying to disable is File--Shapes--My Shapes--Organize my shapes I am doing this to prevent an issue I am having with this in a terminal server environment. Thanks ...

Favorites bar in List of Favorites
I have Windows XP Pro fully updated and IE8. I am continually getting a folder "Favorites Bar" re-appearing in my drop-down list of Favorites (folders) no matter how many times I have deleted it. It may be relevant that the Favorites Bar is not ticked in the list of Toolbars. This is very irritating. How should I stop this item from re-appearing in the list of favorites please? Thanks. Bill R Hi, Internet Explorer will continue to recreate this folder. Your options are: 1. Ignore the folder ;-) 2. If you are not normally able to see hidden files/folder...

Combination Bar charts #2
I would like to create a combo Chart. One Bar would be a stacked bar consisting of 2 data series (i.e. 26% + 4% = TTL of 30%), then right next to this stacked bar, compare another bar, but just consisting of 1 data series (i.e. 20%). End result would be comparing TTL 30% Vs Achievment of 20% for comparison Hi, You can find details here http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "jpsintx727" <jpsintx727@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A10520CF-FF8C-4534-A...

Create field in Employee Review to place next review type in HR
On the second page of employee review information, there is a place for the next review date. It would be really helpful to have a place to put the next review type (as ours can fluctuate based on internal promotions). Once that field was in place, it could be added to the Reviews Due report to show the employee, the next review date and type of review to be had. Right now, we have to track any differences manually and it would be nice to automate this process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To...

MS Money looks like it is "dead"
Used to buy Tax Cut because it usually offered a good price on the latest version of MS Money. This year (Tax year 2008) there is no such deal. Further, MS Money is not advertised, nor is it on any shelf. What happened to a product I really like and continue to use. My copy of MS Money says it will expire 12/15/09. I am assuming that means I will not be able to access any of Microsoft's online tools. I hope that it the only limitation, and that I can continue to use my current copy for my personal bookkeeping. Any one have some insight??? JoeKool1 I wouldn't be surprised but hope...

Creating a chart based on fill color
Is it possible to create a chart based on different colors of each row I have about 250 rows of data and each row has a different fill color that resembles something. So now I want to make a Chart that can tell me how many of each color there is. Can anyone help See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AB078A8A-6485-4461-8FFE-2A55267BA3F5@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is it possible to create a chart ...

Cannot create new or open existing appointment
Something happened all of a sudden in Outlook 2003, which I installed a week ago. I cannot open or create an appointment. Don't find the problem in the online database. Any help, please? Try opening Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Easydoesit" wrote: > Something happened all of a sudden in Outlook 2003, which I installed a week > ago...

I have a document that was created by a template with a macro
Now however any time I want to open the document it created i seems to invoke the macro asking me whether I want to enable or disable macros in the dot file. Is there not a way to stop it from cross referencing the macro in the dot file from the doc it created when I open the doc file? Also.. what this macro does is go to my outlook calendar and create a calendar in word based on that specification. Can anyone tell me if I wanted to edit the macro could I do so so that it would ask for the printing parameters in the outlook... Instead of wanting to print 8 1/2 X 11 landscape format I'...

Get into WindowProc of window created with CMDIFrameWnd::CreateNewChild
Hi, I create a MDI child window with pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc(...) doesn't work for me because then I get the WM_PAINT message of every child window in my application. Any idea? Thanks, Markus maka3 wrote: > Hi, > I create a MDI child window with > pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); > Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. > Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc...

Bar Chart To Line Chart for last 3 points only
Hi There, hopefully someone knows the answer, i have a simple chart going from january to December. The chart info is actuals for January through to September which are shown as a bar graph, what i want to do is create a line graph showing the forecast for October through to December. Rather than creating a new row of forecast data. Is it possible for me to insert the forecast numbers in the actuals series and change the bar chart to a line for these three months only. i.e January to September Bar Graph and October to December line graph. thanks Big H I'm afraid not. I belie...

Changing right side scrollbar bar row number box?
Hi, In excel when you click and hold the right hand scroll bar and move up and down the worksheet it displays the row number you are on. Is there any way to change that to pick up the value within column a instead? Many thanks, Rick I don't think so. In fact, when you upgrade to xl2k, those numbers disappear and the worksheet will scroll live--you'll see the worksheet change right before your eyes. (It works that way in xl2002. I _think_ xl2k is the first with this newer behavior.) "news.microsoft.com > > Hi, > > In excel when you click and hold the righ...

Storing all Word doc's in the same icon in the task bar
When I have many documents open as well as Explorer, email and text files, there are quite a number of icons in my task bar. So why not collect all word documents in one word icon (and, for that sake, all excell doc in the same excel icon and all power point documents in the same power point icon..). That would make it more tidy. One step further would be to collect all word documents in the same window using tabs like in IE7+. I am a bit surprised why this is not already done in Word 2007. Or is it possible to configure it like that? ---------------- This post is a suggesti...