Countif using symbols

I have a worksheet that has a column containing icons, from the new options
of conditional formatting, in Excel 2007 (Icon sets)

I need to count how many of each icon I have. Can I do this using the
function COUNTIF(). I couldn't figure out what should I use as criteria here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Emece.-

Convert COUNTIFS function from 2007 to something in 2003 version
I have this function in 2007 version, but need to make it work in 2003. What function would be compatible? =COUNTIFS('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$B$1:$B$163,"GGL",'Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$I$1:$I$163,"UW") Try =SUMPRODUCT(--('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$B$1:$B$163="GGL"),--('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$I$1:$I$163="UW")) You can test it by putting it into your 2007 workbook next to your SUMIFS() formula,should give the same results. "cbrannlayt" wrote: > I have this functi...

Using AES Decryption
I am working with a data feed that is parsed and loaded into tables in a SQL Server 2005 database. Certain fields will contain data encrypted using Rijndael-256 (AES). I wanted to use the DecryptByKey t-sql command to decrypt the data for processing. I have successfully encrypted and decrypted using a generated key in the database, but I do not know how to decrypt data that was encrypted elsewhere. I was given the key for the encryption, but it is just a string. I tried using this as password for a certifcate and encoded the sample string provided by the other developer (th...

Can't use Presenters View
Using PP 2007 to create and run our worship presentations at church. Here is what we using. * HP G71-340US laptop * Connected to 2 Sharp 55" LCD HD televsions via HDMI connection from the laptop to the televisions * The connection is going through a booster and splitter and the picture quality is excellent. THE ISSUE I can't get PRESENTERS VIEW to display. When I go to the SLIDE SHOW tab and click on the PRESENTERS VIEW checkbox I get a popup message that says, "This feature is for use with more than one monitor, but only one monitor was detected. To see if y...

A problem about the function COUNTIF
Dear all, I encountered a problem when I use the function COUNTIF. Column A (A1: A1000) is a column of numbers and B1 is another number. I would like to record how many entries in column A is bigger than B1 in another cell C1. I tried to use the formula =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">B1") for C1 but it failed. However, the formula =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">0") shows the number of positive entries in column A correctly. It seems that the function cannot recognize >B1 as a selection criteria. May I know how it can be solved? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Chris ...

SOP sales commision accounts used more like Sales and Cost of Sal.
Hi, I wanted to give some suggestion to my Great Plains team to enhance SOP. This is useful when we need to print Profit & Loss by segment. I want sales commission accounts to be used in SOP in a more site specific way, the way that Sales and Cost of Sales Accounts do. Thanks Naseer Ahmed Farooqi Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains Consultant EnCompass Solutions 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW, Calgary Alberta T2P 2V6 Canada Email : naseer.farooqi@encompass-solutions.com Web Site: www.encompass-solutions.com Phone: +1 (403) 781-7686 Ext. 3918 Direct: + 1 (403) 444-3918 Cell / Mob...

How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter?
Hello How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? I think you mean =INDIRECT(A1&7) where A1 holds the letter in this instance. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:%23bHpscyzFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a > result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? > > Thanks for your reply. How to change...

Count by color using VBA in Microsoft Excel
I am having the following formula to count on the basis of colour. For example Total 12 cell out of which Red - 1, Yellow - 5 & Green - 6 so by using this formula this should give proper count as mentioned above. I need you assistance as i have never used macro using VBA in Microsoft Excel. Could you please guide me (Step by Step) how to run this macro in excel. Appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks in advance. Kamlesh Function CountByColor(InputRange As Range, ColorRange as Range) As Long Dim cl As Range, TempCount As Long, ColorIndex As Integer ColorIndex = ColorRange.Cell...

Using Crystal 8.5, how can I import to Excel?
I have some reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5. They have drill down information in them and I need to have the same format setup in Excel. Any thoughts on how I can do this? ...

What is SVC00501- Delta Item Master used for?
I ran across this table because I did a search on for all tables using the field "itemtype". I have looked through the sdk for field service and don't find any reference to this table. I do see that there is information in the table and it gets updated periodically. But I don't know what updates it or what the table's used for. Any clues? Thanks DavidF This table stores additional item information used by the Field Service application. The table is populated/updated by the tr_SVC_IV00101_U and tr_SVC_IV00101_D triggers associated to the Item Master t...

Disable manual archiving by using Group Policy not working
Disabled in GPO for Outlook 2007: User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Tools | Options\Other\AutoArchive, double-click Disable File|Archive. User still sees Outlook | File | Archive enabled and accessible. What has to be done or what is missing? ...

Can I use the old 2003 pivot tables in excel 2007?
I'm currently using excel 2007 but prefer the interface/feel/look of 2003 pivot tables? is there a way i can still use the 2003 pivot tables in 2007 excel? thanks! ...

using ntbackup in a batch file for Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 Premi
Exchange Administration: I am working on batch files to backup my SBS 2003 Premium server. I have created an ntbackup backup selection file using the GUI tool. My server machine is P42800E, the machine I used to create this post is p3533, and the following is a Cygwin Bash session: <CVSENV>2006-05-22 22:27:52 dpchrist@p3533 /backup/bin/p42800e $ dump exchange.bks 000000 J \0 E \0 T \0 \0 P \0 4 \0 2 \0 8 \0 000010 0 \0 0 \0 E \0 \ \0 M \0 i \0 c \0 r \0 000020 o \0 s \0 o \0 f \0 t \0 \0 I \0 n \0 000030 ...

Use Spinner Control to Hide/Show Buttons?
Hi All, I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says 5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden. There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed at any one time. I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than the explanation I've just given above! http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls So I...

using the range method
i want to select certain columns and rows and use this selection to create a chart. The selection is in a loop and the cell locations will vary every time it is run. Here's my code: Worksheets(1).Range(Cells(startRow, 16), Cells(endRow, 18)).Select where "startRow" and "endRow" are integers. I always get the error that "Method 'Cells' of object '_Global' failed" Am I using the wrong format for the Range method? thanks in advance J.E. McGimpsey wrote: >or the much more efficient: > > With Worksheets(1) > ...

use current month in ad If satament
I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1. If (current month = A1, value, value) I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out. TIA gls858 I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names? I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December. =if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"...

Need help using MsgBox to learn Bangs & Dots
I have these things MyDb (data base name) tblA tblB Fields in tblA = Name, Location, Phone Fields in tblB = Date, Qty, Cost FormA with Sub_FormB The Question: How to write code to display Cost using bangs & dots? Assume FormA is open & displaying a record... and we double click on something... a field or a button or whatever... BUT we are not going to use "Me" so we can see how it all works... maybe something kinda like?? MsgBox code MyDb ! FormA ! Sub_FormB ! [Cost] 1 - Please show me the correct way to do the above. 2 - And... how would you do it using "Me&quo...

How to ID a table source being used in a Union Query
I have created a Union Query that uses 3 tables to pull data from. I need to see identify which of the three tables the data came from. I tried adding a column to the original tables with a default value "FP 07-09" which would ID the table for me but my problem is: I cannot fill in this column with that value on the existing rows of data all at once. I would have to paste it in one row at a time unless someone can help me understand how to fill down the column with this value or paste this in the new column on all the existing rows. Someone else created these tables and I cann...

Using Priv.edb for a restore
I need to perform a emergency restore. The only backup I have is a copy of the priv.edb from a couple of days ago. Can I use this for a restore on the same server or another exchange server? I have done restores before but I have always had a backup copy from Arcserve or some other backup software. Thank-you! ...

force use of a specific domain controller
Is there a way to force exchange to use a specific domain controller for it's AD functions? I am using sites and services but exchange still likes to use the domain controller at the office with the smallest bandwith rather than the server sitting right next to it in the server room! Thanks Matthew Loraditch you may be using Sites and services, but do you have subnets correctly set up for each IP subnet in each site? That's probably one of the biggest considerations. Exchange should use the DC in it's own site first, but you have to have the subnets set up. Barring tha...

New to Excel/VB and could use any help
Thanks in advance to any and all help!! My problem starts like this, I have data in Sheet2 that looks like: A B --------------------- Blue 5 Orange 12 Red 6 Blue 15 Blue 22 Red 5 What I need is a formula that can look at this and sort the top two colors of column A based on the highest total sum of the numbers associated with those numbers in column B, and then give me the total number of the sum. So the output would need to look something like this on sheet 1 for example: A B ...

How to use VBA to Change Color of a Form
I understand how to modify the color of a TextBox on a form using VBA code such as Forms!form2.text2.BackColor = vbGreen Now I would like to change the color of the entire form. How is this done? Thanks -- Brad "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DA736F8-6ADD-455F-A3B3-2B0597C05152@microsoft.com... >I understand how to modify the color of a TextBox on a form using VBA code > such as > Forms!form2.text2.BackColor = vbGreen > > Now I would like to change the color of the entire form. > > How is this do...

How to read Netnews using Outlook
I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any program except Outlooks How can I set Outlook to read netnews? Dom "arcangel4588" <arcangel4588@comcast.net> wrote in message news:sfidnS7b9OyEFa_VnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@comcast.com... >I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it >also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any >program except Outlooks > > How can I set Outlook to read netnews? > > D...

Using External DNS servers for your SMTP virtual server
We've been having a number of connectivity problems with our Exchange server: specifically SMTP connectivity with other mail servers. We recenty setup our SMTP virtual server to use external DNS servers rather than our internal AD integrated DNS servers. This seems to have improved the situation, but I've noticed that this solution is not recommended by MS. You guys have any thoughts on why this would be a problem? On 26 Feb 2007 07:04:57 -0800, "Alan Truism" <master.of.sock.puppets@gmail.com> wrote: >We've been having a number of connectivity problems with...

Using cross-references to bookmarks from Word 2003 to Word 2007
I have been frustrated with not being able to use the report form I created in MS Office 2003 once I upgraded to 2007. Here is what I want to do: Create boxes of text that I can type into (or dictate into using Dragon Naturally Speaking) so that the text is then automatically copied into another text box with the same name. For example, "Patient: John Doe" After typing or dictating in "John Doe" in the text box after "Patient:" the text "John Doe" would automatically be copied into the text box in another area of the document labelled &quo...

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...