Copy from one source to multiple spreadsheets

On a master spreadsheet I have on each row data for multiple spreadsheets.  I
would like to set up a macro to copy this data into each of the designated
destination spreadsheets.  The macro I have is:

 Windows(SourceName).Activate
   Range(row, 2).Select
    Selection.Copy
    Windows(dept & ".xls").Activate
    Range("C3").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

The problem is that "Range(row,2).Select" is not working.  Is there a code
which would work.  Thanks

It not need to select the objects of Excel to manage them.
You can say something like below having the master worksheet activated:

Range(Row, 2).Copy _
  Destination:=Workbooks("DestWorkbook").Worksheets("DestWSheet").Range("D3")

Ο χρήστης "msdrolf" έγγραψε:

> On a master spreadsheet I have on each row data for multiple spreadsheets.  I
> would like to set up a macro to copy this data into each of the designated
> destination spreadsheets.  The macro I have is:
>
>  Windows(SourceName).Activate
>    Range(row, 2).Select
>     Selection.Copy
>     Windows(dept & ".xls").Activate
>     Range("C3").Select
>     ActiveSheet.Paste
>
> The problem is that "Range(row,2).Select" is not working.  Is there a code
> which would work.  Thanks

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

Page Setup paper source options not remembered
Hi, I have strange problem. I created a template on computer and used page setup to specify the paper source for the template. When a new file is created based on that template te paper source setting is lost. If I open the template again the paper source is back to the default again. I copied the template to another computer with the same network printer attached. The paper source was the default and I set the paper source again and saved the templeate. When I opened the template the setting is remembered and is also set in a document based on the template. I copied this file to the other (...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Mail to more than one address
When I send email (invoices)through my accounting program to more than one recipient, I get the following; Message could not be sent because one of the recepients was rejected by the server. Server response 5015.54 syntax error in parameter scanning. Does anyone know what this means? one of the addresses you are trying to send to is bad - examine the email addresses for errors. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

One paystub, two paychecks
I work for the U.S. Navy and therefore receive my paychecks from Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). The way DFAS pays me is like this: -On the first day of the month, DFAS projects how much I'll earn that month in base pay, how much I'll pay in taxes, additional deductions/allotments, and then comes up with my Net Pay for the month. Pretty straightforward. -On the 15th of the month, DFAS pays me -half- of my projected Net Pay for that month. -On the last day of the month, DFAS pays me the other half. At that point I get a paystub which reflects my income, taxes, ...

Search for mail in multiple PST files
I have about 90 pst files that I need to search for mail with about a dozen terms and phrases. Outlook will only allow you to search one pst at a time, and I've tried Google Desktop and MS Desktop Search and they are not effectively indexing all the emails, but even if they did I cannot effectively export the results to a file. Does anyone know of a utility or method that would work best for this? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011415261033.aspx or http://zyfind.com/products_technology/productsheets/ZyFIND%20for%20Outlook.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

vat adds up correctly accross spreadsheet but down the columns whe
I have a very basic spread sheet which adds VAT to various cost figures. I have a total VAT cell below the VAT columns. When adding the columns together the answer is normally out by 1p less. Example: Cost VAT £317.00 55.48 £317.00 55.48 Total VAT should be £110.96 but Excel calculates at £110.95 The above calculation may be a bad example but the above occurs when the VAT is rounded up or down against an individual cost figure. So why is the Total different if the sum is just the adding up of the VAT individual totals? Thanks because 17.5% ...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

Copy worksheets and formats
Hi, I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't ;+) Ken More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb a...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

invoicing with multiple bin
Why invoicing can not be used while using multiple bin in inventory? what does it mean? thanks Ala’a, Unfortunately invoicing module simply does not support inventory bins, you need either to disable your inventory bins from “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Setup >> Inventory >> Inventory Control” “Enable Multiple Bins checkbox” or to use Sales Order Processing instead to generate your invoices. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohda...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Copy Company Utility for Analytical Accounting
Copy company utility does not provide the option to copy the master records of Analytical Accounting module. Is there any othere utility? Salman, Install Dynamics GP SDK and locate "AnalyticalAccountingTableDesignDocument.doc" document, it has the descriptions for all the setup tables in AA module. Create DTS package to copy the needed tables from the first company to the new one. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://moh...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Excel Sum with multiple (over 2 criteria)
I've been trying to get this to work for several hours and am at my wits ends. I have a data table with one column of numberical data that i need to sum based upon three or more critria contained in other columns. The data represents investments and their market values. I have named each of the columns with a range name. THe critria as described by their range names and examples of each are : Country - USA, Great Britain, Japan, etc. Currency - USD, EUR, GBP, JPY Type - Bond, Loan, Equity long_short - Long, Short I will do many different formulas once I have one that works. ...

When I Select More Than One Tab
Is there a way for Excel to tell me when I have more than one tab selected? Other than me remembering to look at the top and see [Group] in the file name. Any ideas are welcome! (B^>)-]=[ The grouped sheets' tabs will be white. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:20:51 -0400, "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way for Excel to tell me when I have more than one tab selected? > >Other than me remembering to look at the top and see [Group] in the file >name. > >Any ideas are welcome! > >(B...

Transfer data from one sheet to another
Did I stump you guys? This is a hard one! Here is the senario: Worksheet one has a cell with a drop down menu with the numbers 1-10 in it. Below the drop down menu are two columns labled 'account number' and 'method' each with many fields available for info below them. Worksheet 2 is a database. It has many columns labled 'account number', ' method', 'date', 'cycle' etc. The cycle field is what contains the numbers 1-10 of the previous worksheet. I need a way of making it so that when I choose 1-10 from the dropdown menu on the fir...

How do I sum dollars in one column based on dates in another?
How can I sum the total numbers contained in one column based on dates in another column? Example: I need the total of 5 units sold int the month of January 2006. I have the sale ammounts in one column and the closing dates in another. What forumla would I use for this? Thanks in advance for any help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(B2:B50)=1),--(YEAR(B2:B50)=2006),A2:A50) for January change 1 in the month part to a different month -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Alan" <Alan@discus...

Need a simple macro that will import any one of a number of text files in a folder
I'm having problems coming up with a macro that will allow me to import a text file of choice from my default file location that I have set up with Excel which contains several text files. I want the macro to open a "Open" file dialog window where I can then choose the text file of choice. I also need it to open the file as delimited, starting at row 23 and with the tab selected as the only delimiter. Please help... thanks, steve Steve I have been using the following for several years to obtain a spreadsheet from a .csv file downloaded from a bank. You will need to add the...

Transferring Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I work in a Real Estate Brokerage Firm. We need to transfer our current excel based spreadsheet into Access. Our goal is to utilize Access for superior Database Management while maintaining Excel's calculator functions. Is that feasible and if so, how? Also can this be done in an HTML environment? Thanks. Nancy From my perspective, Excel provides strong "calculator" functions, as you describe it, while Access, as a relational database, offers strong database functionality. These represent two different tools. What about "Database Management" (whatever you mean by...

Can MS Works spreadsheet be imported into Excel?
Have tried to import a Works spreadsheet to Excel - have just updated to Excel and would have thought the two would be be compatible and seamless; when I try this I get an error.Any thoughts on how to do this or if it even can be done? In the File/Open dialog box, if you click the arrow next to "Files of Type", you'll see the list includes Microsoft Works 2.0. If your file is from a later version of Works, I believe you need to open it again in Works and save in either Works 2.0 or Excel format. The other option is to buy a converter like Dataviz' Conversions Plus for US$...

Copy same formula to all worksheets in a workbook
Hello guys! I have a table with some formulas saved in workbook "A". Once a month, I receive workbook "B" and it has several worksheets in it (sometimes almost a thousand). I need to copy the table with formulas from workbook "A" and paste it into every-single-worksheet in workbook "B". In the same cell address (C25 for example). As of today, I copy the table and then I go to each worksheet to paste it but I am pretty sure there is a way to do it with a macro or a instruction and save me all that pasting over and over and over again... :S...