Copy a particular column of all the Worksheets in a folder in a new worksheet

Hi

Please can anyone help me on below query:-
I have different workbooks in a folder. All workbooks are of the same
format column 1 is having unique identification of rows. Column 32
contain the update of the order (column 1 ) on a particular day.
Column 1 of recently added file contain all the orders . say column 1
of day 1 will have 10 entries, column 1 of last file will have all
these 10 columns plus new entries.

Now I need a macro which can club column 32 of all the files in a new
workbook, from column 2 onwards.
column 1 will be the same as column 1 of the recently added file.

Regards
sanjay
0
sanju

Hi,
Take a look to Ron's web

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

"sanju" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please can anyone help me on below query:-
> I have different workbooks in a folder. All workbooks are of the same
> format column 1 is having unique identification of rows. Column 32
> contain the update of the order (column 1 ) on a particular day.
> Column 1 of recently added file contain all the orders . say column 1
> of day 1 will have 10 entries, column 1 of last file will have all
> these 10 columns plus new entries.
>
> Now I need a macro which can club column 32 of all the files in a new
> workbook, from column 2 onwards.
> column 1 will be the same as column 1 of the recently added file.
>
> Regards
> sanjay
> .

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Copy Public Folders
Hello All: Is there a way to copy/export the public folder(s) to local drive? you can drag the items in the folder to a folder in a pst file or a folder on the hard drive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Eldingo" <eldingo@dingo.net> wrote in message news:ezZrOlF9JH...

Determine Folders Size from Server
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the individual folder size in users' mailboxes? ...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

Combine Duplicate Folders in Outlook 2002
I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, Inbox, etc. How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't need? Erik S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another > computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, > Inbox, etc. > How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't > need? Drag the items in the ones you don't want into the ones you do. Once done, close the PST you just emptied. Now you have one set....

Deposit Slip/Deposit Worksheet in Multicurrency
How can i achieved a deposit slip report to print the values in the Currency that the Bank Account/Check Account is set e.g. Print a deposit slip for US Dollars when i am processing Bank Deposit in USD Dollar Accounts. (Checks are received in USD) and in AUD when i am processing a Deposit in our AUD Bank Account. We are using five major currencies and had bank accounts in these currencies. Thanks for any feedback Esage ...

After an email is sent, the sent items folder is displayed. why?
After an email is sent, sometimes the sent folder pops up and displays all the items in the folder. Like you clicked on the folder to view it. I can not find an option to stop this. Any ideas? ...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

Conditional Formatting with UsedRange Property for each Worksheet
I am getting an error indicated below in my code (Application-defined or object-defined Error, Run-Time Error '1004'). I want to have a bottome border line every 5 lines. Can someone explain to me why this portion of code will not work? Huge THANKS in advanced!!! Sub JobTracker1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Call shUnProtect RowCount = 3 With Sheets("Archive") Do While .Range("L" & RowCount) <> "" myMonth = Format(.Range("L" & RowCount), "mmmm") Application.StatusBar = "Moving Sa...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

New Workbook Path
Thought I would make a comment ... Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! Of course the Path property is empty for a new workbook. What would it be? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "exceluserforeman" <exceluserforeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE28F767-7B5A-433F-9463-A5228572CCB1@microsoft.com... > Thought I would make a comment ... > > Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! > > > > Thank you for your...

Cannot create new mailbox
I'm having an issue of not being able to create a new mailbox. I can go through the process of creating the user in AD Users & Computers and everything is successfull. I can even see the user in the GAL. But I cannot access the mailbox by opening it nor does it show up in system manager even after sending a message to the mailbox. I do have full permissions to the mailbox. It seems like it is not being created even though the recipient policy seems to be working because it does generate an address for the account. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Moving Inbox items to folders
I was wondering if there was a way to move inbox items to certain folder. Example. I have a folder call "Validation" I have e-mails that come in that I would like to move to that folder. Instead of click and drag can a macro be developed to move the selected e-mail to a certain folder by programming a Button or quick key? Thanks That is what Rules Wizard was created to do. What version of Outlook do you have? Different versions have different options, the latest (2003) having the most. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discus...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

New check format
I modified a copy of current check report, and trying to use this new format when I print a check. However, GP system didn't pick up the new format. What should I do to make them recognize each other? Thank you so much, Sophie Sophie, If you modified an existing check layout, you want to make sure to give users access to the modified check via Advanced Security or Security, depending on what your company uses. If the reports.dic is local and more than one user needs to use the modified check, you'll need to make sure each local reports.dic gets the modified check. Hope thi...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Public Folder Query
I don't want to actually use OWA or the Outlook application I want to know if there are is some way of having a web page display Public Folder information. For example, a calendar in our Public Folders contains meeting room bookings. I would like to display booking information on a web page, pulled in from the Public Folder, and even possibly create calendar bookings without using Outlook or OWA to go into the Public Folder Is that ok? Hope that makes sense Cheers Tommy Yes, it is possible to build custom web pages that display data from public folders, but such applications can b...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

Local folders 12-20-09
I think we may have had this question before. All of a sudden the folders on the left hand side of the screen have disappeared. (i.e. In box, sent items, out box etc.) I can bring them back manually everytime I log on to Windows Mail, but they used to appear automatically when I start up and this is not happening for some reason. I have had Windows Mail for two years now. Anyone know how to correct this. Thanks a lot. One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party applications may be disallowing the changes from "sticking." These include ...