code to sum 8 textboxes

Hi there,
I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text 
boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is 
clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change 
code.
Here is briefly what I have:

Each combo box is coded like this:
Private Sub cboItem1_change()
Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets 
_("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
End Sub

Each 'price' text box is coded like this:
Private Sub txtprice1_change()
txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.txtprice1.Value, "$#,##0.00")
End Sub

And the command button click is:
Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
If IsNumeric(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
 And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value) Then
   Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
                               + CDbl(Me.txtprice8.Value)
End If
End Sub

However it seems to work only sometimes. At the moment when I click 
cmdCalculate when the form is 'live' nothing happens at all. It has worked 
before though. It seems when I get a run-time error on any different 
unrelated code it stuffs this one up.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance :)
0
Utf
11/16/2009 12:59:02 PM
excel.programming 6508 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
918 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

Try these changes.  I added Trim() method and added a message box to
indicate when the data is not numeric to help isolate the problem.

Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) _
And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value))
Else
msgbox("Amounts are not Numbers")
End If
End Sub


-- 
joel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154415

[url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

0
joel
11/16/2009 1:07:57 PM
Try these changes. I added Trim() method and added a message box to indicate 
when the data is not numeric to help isolate the problem.

Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) _
And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
Original Source: The Code Cage Forums 
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/excel-vba-programming/154415-code-sum-8-textboxes.html#post559813
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
+ CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value))
Else
msgbox("Amounts are not Numbers")
End If
End Sub 


"Rachel" wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text 
> boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is 
> clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change 
> code.
> Here is briefly what I have:
> 
> Each combo box is coded like this:
> Private Sub cboItem1_change()
> Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets 
> _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
> End Sub
> 
> Each 'price' text box is coded like this:
> Private Sub txtprice1_change()
> txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.txtprice1.Value, "$#,##0.00")
> End Sub
> 
> And the command button click is:
> Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> If IsNumeric(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
>  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value) Then
>    Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
>                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice8.Value)
> End If
> End Sub
> 
> However it seems to work only sometimes. At the moment when I click 
> cmdCalculate when the form is 'live' nothing happens at all. It has worked 
> before though. It seems when I get a run-time error on any different 
> unrelated code it stuffs this one up.
> 
> What am I missing?
> 
> Thanks in advance :)
0
Utf
11/16/2009 1:25:02 PM
Try this

Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
Dim txt As Control
X =3D 0
   For Each txt In Me.Controls
      If TypeName(txt) =3D "TextBox" Then
              If txt.Value <> "" Then Y =3D CInt(txt.Value) + Y
            X =3D X + 1
        End If
      If X =3D 2 Then Exit For
   Next txt
Me.txtSubTotal.Value =3D Y
End Sub

On Nov 16, 5:59=A0pm, Rachel <Rac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text
> boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is
> clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) chang=
e
> code.
> Here is briefly what I have:
>
> Each combo box is coded like this:
> Private Sub cboItem1_change()
> Me.txtprice1 =3D WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets
> _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
> End Sub
>
> Each 'price' text box is coded like this:
> Private Sub txtprice1_change()
> txtprice1.Value =3D Format(Me.txtprice1.Value, "$#,##0.00")
> End Sub
>
> And the command button click is:
> Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> If IsNumeric(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
> =A0And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value) Then
> =A0 =A0Me.txtSubTotal.Value =3D CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice2.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice3.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice4.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice5.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice6.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice6.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice7.Value) _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0+ CDbl(Me.=
txtprice8.Value)
> End If
> End Sub
>
> However it seems to work only sometimes. At the moment when I click
> cmdCalculate when the form is 'live' nothing happens at all. It has worke=
d
> before though. It seems when I get a run-time error on any different
> unrelated code it stuffs this one up.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance :)

0
muddan
11/16/2009 1:43:10 PM
Excellent  Joel, seems to be working perfectly. 
One little change, not all the text boxes will need to be completed all the 
time eg only txtprice1 through txtprice4 may be completed if there are only 4 
items. At the moment the cmdcalculate won't calculate because the empty cells 
aren't a number (msgbox appears). 
Is it possible to allow them to be blank?
I have also tried a different work around where in userform_initialise I 
have set the value of these txtboxes to "$0.00" which then allows the 
calculation however this will also then be transferred to the worksheet with 
cmdAdd which is just going to get really messy......

Thanks a million for you prompt help :)

"Joel" wrote:

> Try these changes. I added Trim() method and added a message box to indicate 
> when the data is not numeric to help isolate the problem.
> 
> Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) _
> And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
> And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
> And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
> And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
> And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
> And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
> Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
> Original Source: The Code Cage Forums 
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/excel-vba-programming/154415-code-sum-8-textboxes.html#post559813
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
> + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value))
> Else
> msgbox("Amounts are not Numbers")
> End If
> End Sub 
> 
> 
> "Rachel" wrote:
> 
> > Hi there,
> > I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text 
> > boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is 
> > clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change 
> > code.
> > Here is briefly what I have:
> > 
> > Each combo box is coded like this:
> > Private Sub cboItem1_change()
> > Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets 
> > _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
> > End Sub
> > 
> > Each 'price' text box is coded like this:
> > Private Sub txtprice1_change()
> > txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.txtprice1.Value, "$#,##0.00")
> > End Sub
> > 
> > And the command button click is:
> > Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> > If IsNumeric(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
> >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value) Then
> >    Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
> >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice8.Value)
> > End If
> > End Sub
> > 
> > However it seems to work only sometimes. At the moment when I click 
> > cmdCalculate when the form is 'live' nothing happens at all. It has worked 
> > before though. It seems when I get a run-time error on any different 
> > unrelated code it stuffs this one up.
> > 
> > What am I missing?
> > 
> > Thanks in advance :)
0
Utf
11/16/2009 1:50:01 PM
Try this

Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()

Dim MyTotal As Double
MyTotal = 0
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
   MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value)
End If

Me.txtSubTotal.Value = MyTotal

End Sub





"Rachel" wrote:

> Excellent  Joel, seems to be working perfectly. 
> One little change, not all the text boxes will need to be completed all the 
> time eg only txtprice1 through txtprice4 may be completed if there are only 4 
> items. At the moment the cmdcalculate won't calculate because the empty cells 
> aren't a number (msgbox appears). 
> Is it possible to allow them to be blank?
> I have also tried a different work around where in userform_initialise I 
> have set the value of these txtboxes to "$0.00" which then allows the 
> calculation however this will also then be transferred to the worksheet with 
> cmdAdd which is just going to get really messy......
> 
> Thanks a million for you prompt help :)
> 
> "Joel" wrote:
> 
> > Try these changes. I added Trim() method and added a message box to indicate 
> > when the data is not numeric to help isolate the problem.
> > 
> > Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> > If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) _
> > And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
> > And TrimIsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
> > And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
> > And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
> > And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> > And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
> > And Trim(IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
> > Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) _
> > Original Source: The Code Cage Forums 
> > http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/excel-vba-programming/154415-code-sum-8-textboxes.html#post559813
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) _
> > + CDbl(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value))
> > Else
> > msgbox("Amounts are not Numbers")
> > End If
> > End Sub 
> > 
> > 
> > "Rachel" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi there,
> > > I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text 
> > > boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is 
> > > clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change 
> > > code.
> > > Here is briefly what I have:
> > > 
> > > Each combo box is coded like this:
> > > Private Sub cboItem1_change()
> > > Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets 
> > > _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0)
> > > End Sub
> > > 
> > > Each 'price' text box is coded like this:
> > > Private Sub txtprice1_change()
> > > txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.txtprice1.Value, "$#,##0.00")
> > > End Sub
> > > 
> > > And the command button click is:
> > > Private Sub cmdCalculate_Click()
> > > If IsNumeric(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
> > >  And IsNumeric(Me.txtprice8.Value) Then
> > >    Me.txtSubTotal.Value = CDbl(Me.txtprice1.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice2.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice3.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice4.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice5.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice6.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice7.Value) _
> > >                                + CDbl(Me.txtprice8.Value)
> > > End If
> > > End Sub
> > > 
> > > However it seems to work only sometimes. At the moment when I click 
> > > cmdCalculate when the form is 'live' nothing happens at all. It has worked 
> > > before though. It seems when I get a run-time error on any different 
> > > unrelated code it stuffs this one up.
> > > 
> > > What am I missing?
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance :)
0
Utf
11/17/2009 5:25:19 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgOTEwMTA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

eConnect 8 for SOP
hi, i am trying to integrate SOP transaction file from text file to GP by eConnect 8.0,but up to 500 records it is integrating,but if the record size is greater then 500 i used to get System Error.How to solve that. Thanks, Nilotpal is it one transaction with 500 line-items or 500 transations? What is the error? Can you post te complete error message? HS "Nilotpal" <Nilotpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F53A407-9B26-40D7-8939-7F6C135F15BF@microsoft.com... > hi, > i am trying to integrate SOP transaction file from text file to GP by > eCon...

How to round & sum only the displayed (rounded) numbers
I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:57:01 -0800, ALG <ALG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a >formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I >try only calculates it based on t...

assigning a unique query for each textbox on a form
I've got a table (tblMain) with the following (relevant) fields: tblMain .FirstName .LastName .Seat .RefNum I've got a form that has a graphical display of the seats to which the people listed in tblMain are assigned. I'd like to put a text box on each seat corresponding to first and last name of the person assigned to that seat (stored in tblMain.Seat). The same database is used for various seatings so I'd like only those associated with the RefNum at hand to be called. I can write a simple enough query which I can call from VBA and which relies on a...

Sum errors in Performance Investments reporting
A couple or errors have been introduced into the reporting section of Money 2000 Deluxe. These are summing errors that do not show in any accounts. They corrupt the total value of investments, realized gains/loss and percentage of gains. Is there any way to locate this erroronous data and eliminate it? ...

Outlook 2003 not responding #8
Hi I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program will hang and stop responding. I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens even if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I have even tried disabling the anti-virus softwa...

UTF-7 or UTF-8 which one?
Hi, I am changing the international options in Outlook 2003 to unicode and have two option Unicode UTF-7 and UTF-8. Would anybody know what is better or preferred, and if so why? Thanks Lisa ...

Sum of 6 moving cells
Good day to all, Sheet1: Column A is the date (from Jan 1, 2005 to the current date), Col B contains the hours worked on that date and Col C is hours worked for the last 12 days. I manually type in the hours worked everyday on Col B and there is a formula on Col C to add the last 12 days. There's about 45 units that I keep track of the hours worked. How can I show on a summary sheet, the hours worked of each unit as of yesterday? My problem is that the cell that totals the last 12 days moves down one cell everyday. -- ledzepe --------------------------------------------------------...

Sum and DateDiff
Hi, I doing a calculation in a query of the difference in times. I'm wondering if I can control the decimal precision to be just (2) places. The number I end up with is ie; 5.6666666666, can I have this to round off to something like 5.67? Here is the query expression I'm using for this; TotalTime: Sum(DateDiff("n",[StartTime],[EndTime])/60) Thanks you, On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:33:30 -0700, Kelly <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I doing a calculation in a query of the difference in times. I'm wondering >if I can control t...

error code 800706ba
please help me error code 800706ba, can't sign in on my computer. "siripuk" wrote: > please help me error code 800706ba, can't sign in on my computer. Since you didn't mention any detail, I'm assuming you're on Windows 7. If true, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-800706BA Bye, Freudi That means that messenger cannot connect to the Windows messenger service. It may go away tomorrow, or it may be some setting in the computer. Try this first: Go to start- run and type Services.msc Then find: &qu...

Unclick Code on Check box command button
I have code written that when the control check box is selected certain cells will highligh. I would like for those same cells to turn white when the check box is unchecked. What code do I need? Thanks! Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("B17:D17").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid .Value = 0 End With End Sub How about checking if the checkbox is checked or not checked <vbg>? Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() With Me.Range("B17:D17").Interior If Me.C...

Can I Sum by Cell Colour or Format?
I have a large list of values, these values have been colour coded. I would like to sum each of the colours seperately. I know i can add a filter, sort by colour & sum this for each coulour, but am wondering if there is a formula that would do this for me? Ashley, have a look here http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/sum-count-cells-by-color.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ashley" wrote: > I have a large list of values,...

Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?
I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto- Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the Taskbar. Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code? When I first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack Sorry, too fast the fingers. Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the product (or...

Making legend (or textbox) move as data changes
Hi I'm trying to make an XY scatter chart which my users will be able to change, just by changing the data in the data ranges. The chart contains several curves each having its own legend/text box, placed at the right end point of the curve. When the data changes, I need the legend/textbox to move along with the end point of the curve (colors and different line styles are not an option). I have tried to group the curve with the legend/textbox but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? mr Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html h...

Runtime import code problem
jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7. To allow users to import some tables, my code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess. In my accdb file, It opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from. In the runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step. I see the dialog box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop. If ithas any relevance, what is Break? Any help is much a...

Textbox Code for Date Format
Pretty sure it's something silly on my part. form contain combobox 'Date' (It looks up dates from specified dates within payroll timeframes) No-Control text box placed next to combo box to have Day of Week appear to keep people on right day. (I don't like the calendar idea, because I need to keep people in the correct payroll date range and other items.) For text box, from property window / data tab / control source I've entered =Formate([Date],"dddd") expecting the day of the week to appear on focus. Field populates fine but shows wrong day of th...

Update KB978542 error code 0x80070005
I keep getting a "fail" when trying to get the security update for Windows XP KB978542. Error message is 0x80070005. I have already changed permissions, but not resolved. Any solution out there? WinXP SP2 or SP3? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? zerotwo wrot...

Report Visual Basic Codes
Hi! What should i put in Visual Basic so that the text box "Customer" will not be visible and that the text box "SupplierName" will be visible if the value of combo box "Expense" is equal to "5"?Thanks! -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi In the after_update event of Expense you could put something like if me!expense =3D 5 then me!suppliername.visible =3D true me!customer.visible =3D false end if Note that I haven't tested the above... James On 7 Jun, 06:49, "ai_enjoi via AccessMonster.com" <u3...

SQl Codes
I am using MFC Visual c++ 6.0 .And i am using Sql server 2000 to Access data. I am using provider method and i don't know how to use SQl codes to retrieve records. Would you like to give my one example please. send me personnal message at richard_mikobim@hotmail.com "Richard Mikobi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbb01c3d520$52fc6bd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using MFC Visual c++ 6.0 .And i am using Sql server > 2000 to Access data. > > I am using provider method and i don't know how to use SQl > codes to retrieve reco...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #12
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Sample VB code for grids in GP
I have added a field to the grid in SOP Trx Entry. I need help with the code for saving, retrieving, etc. I know I need to reference the Line Item Seq Nbr (and possibly the item number) using the DUOS objects. I don't know how to do it. Does anyone have any samples to share? If anyone knows how to code the DUOSObjectCombineID that would help a tremendous amount as well. I need to combine the LNITMSEQ and the SOPNUMBE fields to create the unique DUOS ID. "Dan Shepherd" wrote: > I have added a field to the grid in SOP Trx Entry. I need help with the code > for ...

Coding in-mail Outlook 2007
Hello ! I have installed Outlook 2007 a short time ago, and I have a little problem with incoming mail : being French, I like to have accented letters when needed. But sometimes, I receive messages where the accented letters are missing. When I look at the coding, it says that it is Unicode. When I change to any other coding (Latin, Occidental), absent (accented) letters are shown as little symbols. When I switch back to Unicode, accented letters are then shown as they should. If I save the corrected message, Outlook asks if I want to save the modified version. I agree, but when I op...

Advance Find
I am trying to do the following: Advanced Find on Account I need to use the "Territory Field" as part of the search However it is not listed in the field list. The "Territory" filed is listed, but this is a completely different field. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?! Mark, Scroll down the field list to see the related entities. The territory is listed on my systems. Is it missing on your side? -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- <Mark&g...

Using an unbound textbox next to each record in form, with all records showing?
I am working with an inventory system, and would like to have a form that shows all products and their current inventory levels, and next to each of them have a textbox for entering in new inventory levels. Is this possible somehow? I can't seem to so it with continuous forms. Is it possible to have run-time created textboxes? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. -- justme0010 justme, I'm not sure how the setup you described would be used in an inventory system. You'll have to give us more information as to what data you have, and how you plan to calculate invento...

Insert a Formula in a TextBox
Dear all, I would like to insert a formula in my TextBox in the moment I initialize my UserForm: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() With cboDivision .AddItem "HE" .AddItem "IT" .AddItem "IC" .AddItem "CO" End With txtDate.Text =3D FormulaR1C1 =3D _ "=3DYEAR(TODAY())&IF(LEN(MONTH(TODAY()))=3D1,0&MONTH(TODAY()),MONTH (TODAY()))&IF(LEN(DAY(TODAY()))=3D1,0&DAY(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()))" End Sub Is it possible? Thanks in advance! Andr=E9 txtDate.Text = Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") -- _____________...