Code to send SMS text message?

Hi,

I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within
Excel 2007.

Has anyone done this?  What code / services / products do I need to
accomplish this?  Does anyone have an example?

Thanks in advance.

--Dan

What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a
internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae
out on the wireless land.

Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface
with the gateway.  So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an
URL is probably the method to use.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel

CWnd control doesn't send messages to parent
I am creating a CWnd-derived caption bar control for the educational software I am developing. Inside the caption bar control, I create three buttons (minimize, restore, exit). The problem is, the WM_COMMAND messages are not bubbling up beyond my caption bar control. How can I make the messages bubble up to my CFormView or CFrameWnd so I can handle them there? "IUnknown" <swradio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns94CC71BC95974swradiohotmailcom@38.119.100.146... > > I am creating a CWnd-derived caption bar control for the educational > software I am develop...

Exchange 5.5 Disable User from Sending Internally
Hi All This is a bit of a strange one. I have a customer of mine still running Exchange 5.5 that wish to create a mailbox that a user can log into and receive mail but is unable to send to other users internally to the exchange organisation of externally. For the moment we have set a mailbox size limit to acheive this functionality however the user receives a bounce back when attempting to send , but the customer would prefer that no bounce is received and the sent email disappears into the ether. I am familiar with disabling the ability to send externally however I can't think of a way ...

How to code an Invouce Number
I have a bad habit of using "autonumber" too much and in the wrong places. SO I need some suggestions for creating an invoice numbering system that increments by one with each new order but does not increment if the order was not completed. And maybe some way to show as "voided" if an order was cancled. Thanks much, dave You can just use a DMax() in the BeforeInsert event and in the BeforeUpdate event IF Me.NewRecord. Dave wrote: >I have a bad habit of using "autonumber" too much and in the wrong places. > >SO I need some suggestions for creating...

Text on Master Page missing in publication
Hello, I have created a 2-page Master Page spread. In the Master pages, everything is formatted correctly, within printing margins, and nothing overtly wrong is staring me in the face. At the bottom of the left Master Page, I have the words "The Big League! The Fun League!", aligned to the right. When I apply this master page to my publications, the words "The Fun League!" have dropped off and "The Big League!" is still visible, but aligned all the way to the right. I tried moving the sentence farther over on the bottom of the Master Page and res...

Getting Outook 2003 to be the default for sending and recieving ma
I'm able to send mail from outlook, and occasionaly receive mail, but most of my mail goes to my SBC Yahoo account. I've tried help, I've tried tutorials..nothing helps. What's up? I'd appreciate it if someone can help me so I can send and receive all my mail from one location. I have outlook set as my default mail (I THINK)..and have set the account to receive mail from the same location as it is sent from. Bottom line is...it's driving me nuts. Can anyone help? Demps <Demps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm able to send mail from outlook, an...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (wpd) files? Not that I know of There isn't a converter for Word to WordPerfect. I think your best bet is to have the WordPerfect users save the file as RTF and then e-mail it to you. You can open RTF in Word and then save it and send it back to be opened in WordPerfect. You could also try downloading a free copy of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Mac: <http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/pub/Macintosh/Applications/Corel/Corel_WP_35e.sea ..bin>. That program might allow you to open the WordPerfect file(s). If it does, sa...

Confused about where to put code
In a module I have a procedure called 'missingdata() that checks if certain form fields are filled. If not, the user is asked to first enter the fields. Missingdata() returns true if data is missing. If the fields �re filled the current record is being saved by: if . dirty then .dirty = false. I call this procedure every time I need to make that the record is complete and saved, for instance for composing an email which uses the field values. If missingsdata() returns true I quite the calling procedure. Now in the form's beforeupdate I also call missingdata(), since if...

Sending Emails
When I go under File to send emial, there is only a link to send email as attachment. Where do I find Send This Page as Message? JStud wrote: || When I go under File to send emial, there is only a link to send || email as attachment. Where do I find Send This Page as Message? Stud, which version of Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? And which Outlook email client is set as your default email reader? (you can go to Start > Control Panel > Internet > Programs Tab and see which client is the default email client. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http:/...

Messages bouncing back from *archive@domain.com"
Msgs are going through to distribution groups fine, however I keep getting "delay" and Undeliverable errors that the message did not reach the "distributiongroup"archive@"ourdomain".com. I am not journaling with my mailbox store and I checked the distribution group properties and found the "archive" as a member and deleted it but still no go. Any thoughts? Thanks Please post the NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Pete Kepler" <dcarico@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...

Re: OE won's send email, insufficient memory 02-25-10
"dada" <ali-mehrvar22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > > "BlueMagoo" <BlueMagoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0CE239C6-E6D5-483C-BEA2-A8B98548C13F@microsoft.com... >> Suddenly OE will not send email but gives a "not enough memory" message. >> My >> sent mail folder is suddenly empty as well. Also, if I try to move a >> message >> into the now empty sent malil folder I get the same message. Other logon >> IDs >> on the same computer can still send and receive...

SendObject command doesn't automatically send e-mail
In Access 2002-2003, even though I set "edit e-mail" to false, the message is still opening in a new window (which requires that I click on send) rather than automatically sending the e-mail. Since I will be sending several dozen e-mails, it would not work to have to click on each message to send it. Thanks! Jerry Try this: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ I've used it; works great! -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Jerry Schiffelbein" wrote: > In Access...

Quoting part of text?
Ive been using TheBat by ritlabs for some time now. Just started usin outlook 2003. In TheBat I can highlight text in a email I received an quote just that text in my reply then just type my response underneat it. Is there a way to do this in outlook 2003 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Darrin <Darrin.116xq1@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Ive been using TheBat by ritlabs for some time now. Just started using > outlook 2003. In TheBat I can highlig...

Help text for fields...
Hello, how can I create a help text for a field in a crmform? --Label--------------------------------- | | | fieldname1 [Textbox1] description | | fieldname2 [Textbox2] of the value | | fieldname3 [Textbox3] in the box | |________________________________| I need descriptions for each value in a picklist or a textbox. But how can I create "HTML Text"? Did you know a other way to describe this? Thanks, Stefan You could use an iframe to show a custom html page and design the custom page to look like par...

what does "you can only type in a text box, table mean?
I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! LA LA <LA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up > says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". > I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! This emssage appears when you don't have an object selec...

Excel 2003
Word 2003 has a feature whereby you can select part of the text in a cell and apply shading to only that text. Does Excel have such a feature - or something similar? I need to put black shading on a few words of text in a cell, but not on ALL the text in that cell. You can do this if the cell contains text. You can't do it if the cell contains a formula. Select the cell, then highlight the appropriate characters in the formula and apply the formatting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Peppermint" <P...

#N/A error messages
I am trying to sum a colume that has some cells with '#N/A'. The cell with the total, displays a '#N/A' now. How can I have that cell display the total of the numbers entered when there are the errors in the sumed cells. Thanks. =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A100),0,A1:A100)) an array formula. Must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just the ENTER key. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200800 "Loren Newton" wrote: > I am trying to sum a colume that has some cells with '#N/A'. The cell with > the total, displays a '#N/A' now. How ca...

OWA: Inbox Messages Hidden
We have one user whose messages do not display in their OWA inbox. When a message arrives it is visible once read it no longer displays. All of their other email folders work properly and if using O2k3 all the email displays normally. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas of a cause? Thanks Matthew Loraditch "Matthew Loraditch" <mloradites AT Yahoo DOT Com> wrote in message news:u6TtqFUEGHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We have one user whose messages do not display in their OWA inbox. When a > message arrives it is visible once read it no longer displays. All of ...

How can I hide the date displayed in the associated text box for .
I am using Pin Milestones to link events to points on the timeline. Showing the actual date abover the text describing the event is not really necessary as the pin links to the date in the timeline. Moreover the date entry takes up a whole line space above the event text. As I am pushed for space on the timeline I would welcome techniques for hiding the date displayed. Hi John, The date portion of the Pin milestone shape is a text box - you can click on the textbox and hit <space> <escape> to remove the date text. It can be a bit tricky because there is some shape protect...

Visual Basic Error Message
I would appreciate help with the following: - I have a file that has 1 macro in it (it does not auto-run). - I then disable the macros upon opening the file, and then answer No to updating links. - When I try and enter anything into any cell, I receive the following message and I am unable to do anything in the worksheet. Message: The macros in this project aer disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros. Any suggestions? Thanks. A possibility, In any file, go Tools > Macro's > Security and check 'M...

wm5 won't download new messages from exchange activesync
I have 3 new windows mobile 5 phones (not smartphones) and all messages download as expected when the user has outlook 2003 up and running. however when no instance of outlook is running the device will sync with the server and see there are new messages, but won't doesn't download them. When I enable verbose logging on activesync the only difference between outlook open and not is the final server response. When outlook is open and running the server includes new messages in the response and when outlook is closed the message ends after <status>1</status> and no commands ...

Send to OneNote button disappeared from Outlook 2010
My Send to OneNote button disappeared after Outlook reported some error when it started. The error seemed to be related to OneNote 2007, so I uninstalled Office 2007. But now I cannot get the Send To OneNote button to appear again in Outlook 2010. First, it is very hard to find *where* to enable this. I finally found the AddIn "OneNote Notes about Outlook Items" in the "Innactive Application AddIns" list under File | Options | AddIns. I had to both ENABLE it (under Manage Disabled AddIns) and set it to start (under Manage COM AddIns). But after exiting...

Having Trouble sending and recieving
Account: 'POP3.live.com', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 65.55.116.126 (65.55.116.126:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help det...

format a specific letter by code
Hi there, when text is copied to a new sheet by code, I need a specific letter (v) made bold and red to indicate to the user that the words on either side of it are seperate. A good analogy would be football teams, so for instance: Real Madrid v Real Betis. Here the 'v' between the names would be red and bold. Valencia v Villa Real. I only want the 'v' seperating the team names to be formatted as above. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Sub findvSAS() For Each c In Range("a1:a22") If InStr(c, " v ") Then 'MsgBox c.Row x...

messages remain in my Outbox and are not sent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0112_01C5D63B.08530440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working with an employee on this. And trying it myself shows the same issue. On Outlook 2003 SP2 with OS XP Pro and Exchange. Messages remain in outbox. I've have un-checked the Send messages immediately when connected ( On = the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Setup tab) I was = think that it should still send the message after it hits the timer for = send/receive, set to 5 mi...

Full-Text Indexing #4
In an earlier post I asked about how to create a different Global Address List. It was suggested that I create a new GAL based on a common custom attribute, then create a group and set a deny on the default GAL. This has all worked fine. However, in that earlier post, the responder suggested we also set up Full-Text indexing if we were going to create our own GAL. Question #1: Why would I need Full-text indexing in this case? Question #2: What is full text indexing? Question #3: How do I turn it on? Thank you. Answer 1: Why? Best answered by the person who suggested - I can&#...