cell to have comma-delimited values based on text

I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having
a sample value of below:
4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.),
4060122(All Dash no.)
The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number"
column(defined as general type so text I suppose).
Simple enough.  But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash
no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any
rows that have that number(text) in it.  The other table name is "220" with
one column named pn1_part_no_oem.
A sample of rows (also defined as general type in excel) in the 2nd table is
as follows:
4047122-13
4058222
4058222-705
4057222
4057222-2
4058222-704
4057222-1
4057222-7
4058222-701
4047122
4047122-12
Once retrieved(found), I need to format the output with commas between.
OK, not done though.  If each number in the 1st table has "(All Dash no.)"
after it, then I need to provide all numbers from each in the same new cell
with commas between all of them. So, if all 4 numbers above have 4 matches
each, the new cell will have 16 values with commas between.  This means that
each number will need to be checked one-at-a-time for the value "(All Dash
no.)" after it, and then process the query for similar values in the 2nd
table's pn1_part_no_oem column.
Given the sample data above, then the new cell's contents would be:
4058222,4058222-701,4058222-704,4058222-705,4057222,4057222-2,4057222-1,4057222-7,4047122,4047122-12,4047122-13
Can anybody help me on this impossible mission?

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

Create static text from cell reference

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...