Automated Copy Paste

I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new data that
I get from a seprate file.  Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2" "sheet3"
and so on.

My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that lies
in these 7 inputs sheets.  Currently, I use copy, paste special to update
sheets 1-7 in my template.

Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the move
7 sheets from my other file in my template.  If I do this, the sheets will
show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3 (2)"
and so worth.

Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data from
"sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets.  Once
that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3 (2)"
and so on?

thanks!

Curt J

Curt;700343 Wrote:

I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new
data that
> I get from a seprate file.  Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2"
"sheet3"
> and so on.
>
> My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that
lies
> in these 7 inputs sheets.  Currently, I use copy, paste special to
update
> sheets 1-7 in my template.
>
> Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the
move
> 7 sheets from my other file in my template.  If I do this, the sheets
will
> show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3
(2)"
> and so worth.
>
> Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data
from
> "sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets.
Once
> that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)", sheet3
(2)"
> and so on?
>
> thanks!
>
> Curt J

Do you change the data or add new data.  If you change the data, "paste
link" and it will automatically change each time to update.  If you add
new data, copy the cells and "paste link" into the template.
Right click sheet1(2), click delete.

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dianne
4/15/2010 6:34:50 PM
I want to change the data each time.

I know how to do it manually, but I'd like a macro that automates the process.

Curt;701063 Wrote:

I want to change the data each time.

> I know how to do it manually, but I'd like a macro that automates the
process.

> "Curt" wrote:
>
> > I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new
data that
> > I get from a seprate file.  Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2"
"sheet3"
> > and so on.
> >
> > My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that
lies
> > in these 7 inputs sheets.  Currently, I use copy, paste special to
update
> > sheets 1-7 in my template.
> >
> > Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to
the move
> > 7 sheets from my other file in my template.  If I do this, the sheets
will
> > show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)",
sheet3 (2)"
> > and so worth.
> >
> > Could someone write me a macro that will copy, paste special the data
from
> > "sheet1 (2)" into "sheet1" and repeat this process for all 7 sheets.
Once
> > that is done, can you delete sheets "sheet1 (2)", "sheet2 (2)",
sheet3 (2)"
> > and so on?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Curt J

If you change the data, you paste it as a link once, it will then
automatically change to the new data in the other file.

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=195937

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dianne

pasting of variable cell value into macro
I have written a macro that runs an autofilter which grabs cell info from a different worksheet within that workbook (an entered date). It then uses that date to autofilter. It works fine the first time, but aparently plugs that info permanently into the macro and will not work on subsequent runs. I need a macro that will grab variable info from a certain cell each time and run with that new cell value each time. Any ideas?. (& yes, I am a newbee) sorry.. Your problem is refreshing the autofilter. It is best to clear the old filter before applying the new filter. Here ...

Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem
In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable to load the driver. The found new hardware wizard runs and it states that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it. Of course as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and fails. Hello, Thanks for your post. Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails? Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename t...

Copy paste error
paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can i solve this issue Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Compressed Ink for Tablet PC and Windows XP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/19098f32-1011-4131-9e55-48e1700cf5a9/compressed-ink-for-tablet.aspx ganeson r, Have you tried first inserting a table in your word document then pasting the excel file into the table? hth "ganeson r" wrote: > paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can ...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

All my past emails are missing.
I used Outlook this morning to check emails, everything was working correctly. I went back this afternoon and only my new emails are here, all my old ones are missing. I opened Windows Live to check to see if my past emails are still there, and they were. So I marked some of the files as not read. Outlook Connecter brought some files into Outlook, but they are all empty. Even files that I had flagged still show the flag, but they are empty. How do I get my old files back? I forgot to add Outlook Connecter Version is: 12.0.6423.1000 "Dave" wrote: > I u...

outlook run 2 copies
can I install and run to copies of outlook for 2 diffrent users and could they have both of them open at the same time Nope, you can only have one profile opened at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869a01c3e90d$ab38aa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can I install and run to copies of o...

Automating multiple signatures on new messages in Outlook 2003
I've set up three signatures for three separate accounts, and assigned them to the appropriate accounts. Whenever I click on "NEW" for a new message, it uses the default account and default signature. If I want to change accounts I click "Accounts" and select the account I want, but the default signature stays on the message, and I have to manually delete it and insert the one from the account the message is now using. This seems like a bug, but maybe it's a feature. Any suggestions? Thanks! Are you using Word as the editor? When I click on my account...

how do i copy an entire workbook and paste it in another
The way to ask your question would have been in the subject line Copy Workbook In the body of the message, ask your question. Perhaps an answer is File>saveas>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "BELINDA" <BELINDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF918BEB-A237-4F63-BE3D-C6605E40256D@microsoft.com... > ...

Unable to copy images in emails
I can no longer copy animated images embedded in forwarded emails. When I right click "save picture as" I receive an error message that says "file type not specified for system." What to do? ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

How to copy files from 1 server to another
I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (with sub-folders) from 1 server to another overnight as a backup. (WS2008 to WS2003 - utility runs on WS2003 machine) However if a file is locked the whole copy is terminated. Are there utilities on the servers and/or comercial products that will do this even when a file is locked for use. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7A680B16-555C-4F1B-8BD4-F5EDA979F12F@microsoft.com... > I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (wit...

New copy
Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the web.. We need to reinstall it. Where is the location from which we can redownload the file without charge? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the >web.. > >We need to reinstall it. >Where is the location from which we can redownload the >file without charge? Try http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp EXACTLY the reason for everybody reading not to make this mistake. Go to the store and buy a CD like the rest of us. Imagine trying...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Publisher 2003: Formatting when Pasting Text
I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the original formatting. Is there an option anywhere to set Publisher so that all text that is pasted into the newsletter is automatically formatted with the formatting of the newsletter? Paste special and then change the formatting by using the Painter tool. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ocean mist" <oceanmist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81C01F0-CDB4-4A2E-B021-D65AF47D0B36@microsoft.com... >I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Copy and Paste into different application
I am trying to copy data from an Excel spreadsheet into an accountin application. The problem is that after the last cell of the row is pasted, I need return to be entered. The program will accept the enter key, o pressing the ctrl-E keys. Is there anyway of "embedding" this into the last cell in a row??? Thanks so much for your help. Lee-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Retaining Copies of Emails
I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the original is not kept in the "sent folder? "=?Utf-8?B?UmV0YWluaW5nIEVtYWlscw==?=" <Retaining Emails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9695EAC5-7F69-4AF6-889F-B56A27C435EB@microsoft.com: > I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails > that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the > original is not kept in the "sent folder? One way would be to turn off keep...

Copying number to clipboard, subtracting 398 then pasting the value to overwrite the original
Hi. I am very new to this. I'd be really grateful if someone could help/guide me. I want to create a macro in Microsoft Word but I don't know visual basic. I want to be able to highlight a number then: - copy it to the clipboard - subtract 298 - paste the value to the Word document, overwriting the original text Hi John, There is no need to involve the clipboard if you are only changing the selected number. The following macro subtracts 298 from the selected number. Sub Subtract298() If IsNumeric(Selection.Text) Then Selection.Text = Val(Selecti...

Automating some tasks
I have a table in which I record some daily figures. I'd like, once I input the figures, a row to be automatically added to another worksheet (in the same workbook) recording a calculation on those figures. I know I could paste the formula in each cell in many rows of the worksheet on which the calculation is to appear but I'm sure I must be able to automate it - and if I don't automate it I'm sure I'll eventually add more rows to the first sheet than there are rows with the formula on the calculation sheet - and also, when there are lots of formulae in a worksheet it ...

Slight problem automating Excel in a service
I hope someone can help me out here. I'm using VB.Net and VS .Net 2003 to write code that automates Excel 2003. Basically, a FileSystemWatcher object watches a folder and it's subfolders if a user desires. If an Excel generated HTM files is output to the folder(s), the FSW detects the creation of the file, loads it into Excel in the background (visible = false), and prints out the document. I wish I had a copy of the code to paste (forgot to bring some home with me). Basically, I let the program thread sleep for 1 second (to ensure the file is fully written out), I just creat...

How to automate a list of mailbox limits
We have about 200 users (Exchange2003) that each have different size limits in their mailboxes. We charge each user depending on the size of the LIMIT. Actually there is just the warning, the box is usable even if the box is over the limit. The users do not know that ;-) The problem is: how could I easily generate a list where is the username and the warning limit ? Is this possible ? Write a script. I'm not sure this value is exposed in WMI but it is certainly available via CDOEXM. You could also possibly dump the information with LDIFDE or CSVDE. Nue "#Pete#" <petri....