auto generate sheets in a workbook from list using a master sheet

i need to automaticly generate time cards using a name list from the name
sheet and the master timecard sheet so it will put the all the info from the
name sheet into the cells of the master and change the tab name to the name
on the list so they can input their own times onto the sheet and do this for
the names on the list.

Carl,

If I understand you have a list of names on a sheet called names and you
want to add a worksheet for each name. Try this which assumes the names are
in A1 to A7 so change to suit

Sub Add_Sheets()
Dim MyRange As Range
Set MyRange = Sheets("Names").Range("A1:A7")
For Each c In MyRange
    Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = c.Value
Next
End Sub

You will have to give a clearer account of what you want after that.
--
Mike

question.

"Carl" wrote:

> i need to automaticly generate time cards using a name list from the name
> sheet and the master timecard sheet so it will put the all the info from the
> name sheet into the cells of the master and change the tab name to the name
> on the list so they can input their own times onto the sheet and do this for
> the names on the list.
Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Drop-down Lists
I created a drop-down list...works fine. Now I'm looking to create a feature whenever one of the items is selected (from the drop-down list) that data from another sheet (same workbook) is displayed. Thanks. It depends how your data is organised, but you could use VLOOKUP( ) to return data from another sheet - you might need several formulae across a row to return several cells of data, each dependent on your choice from the drop-down list. Hope this helps - if you need further help please re-post with some further details. Pete ...

how do I enter a list in a list box or a combo box
hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... On 31/05/2010 11:42 AM, word challenged wrote: > hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box > but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... See the following page of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm If it's an ActiveX combobox that you haved inserted directly into the document, right click on it and select View Code and use c...

converting PDF to Excel Sheet?
Hello, I would like to convert a PDF to Excel using a simple linux command line tool. Anyone know if that is possible? The tool coul also be a windows tool, but I am looking for a tool that is completel automated, with no user intevention. The reason is that I have a program that downloads PDFs every hour o so, and I would like to convert that pdf to an excel sheet so i coul grab data off it easily. Or maybe, does anyone know of an easier way to grab tables informatio off PDFS? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look at PDF and Excel http://www.mvps...

Macro to save file using vlookup...
Here's what I'm trying to do... I want a macro that will take a date value from a cell (say B2 on sheet1) and compare it to a list of closing dates (month's end closing). It needs to then make folders for the year and month (if they don't already exist) and save the file in that folder. The sheet with the closing dates is setup like this: Month Ending Fiscal Year November 11/28/04 2005 December 12/31/04 2005 And so on... Thanks for the help up front! ...

Posting a Sheet here
Is it permissible to post a worksheet here in this group to ask and illustrate a question/problem? This is a text only newsgroup. Binary attachments are frowned upon by most. If you could explain your problem in plain text, I bet you'll get more potential responses. But you could put the file on the internets and point at that location and maybe you'll find someone who will take the time to download it. But be aware that lots of people won't open workbooks--there's just too much chance that there could be malicious code in it. http://www.savefile.com is one of those (...

Username not in Global Address List
Hi all, I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003 server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to called it UserX. This last user account would show up in all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY. What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL on StationY? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks, ...

FE-BE Server Distribution Lists
Hello, I have a front end 2003 exchange server and a back end 2003 exchange server. I have an SMTP virtual server accepting in mail, and the SMTP connector configured with the FE VS as the bridgehead. My problem is when people send to global distribution lists from outside of the organisation they sit in the FE SMTP Mailbox and cause a x.400 message loop.. I have managed to research this problem to discover if I go in and manually set the distribution group expansion server to the BE, then people sending to the distribution group works fine, otherwise doesnt work. As mentioned this is a p...

Replace All within selection does all sheet in 2002
Is there a way to use the "Replace All" command on a selection of cells and not the whole sheet. I'm sure that this used to be possible on eralier versions of Excel. The "Find All" command give the correct cells in the results box. ...

Convert datatype using query
I have create a query which combines two tables; ASSETS and UNITINFO. The UNITINFO table is linked from another database and the ASSETS table has a field that looks up a field called UNIT # from the UNITINFO table. Both fields are called UNIT # but the datatype on the UNITINFO table is set to Text and the UNIT # field on the ASSETS table is set to Number since it is a lookup field. I cannot change the datatype on the UNITINFO table to Number as the field contains both numbers and text. So when I ran my query that I created to pull data from both tables it gave me an error bec...

how do i use outlook as my default?
i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but cannot use outlook..can anyone help? nina <nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i do not know how to make outlook work. I have it installed but, when > I try to send an e-mail it always gives me a message that says error > cannot find server or something of that sort...I use yahoo..but > cannot use outlook..can anyone help? If you're using yahoo.com in the server...

Using Quotes in Formulas
Hello everyone, Basic question: Is there a set quideline on when to use quotes in formulas and array formulas? -- Thank you... Elaine Hi! Can you be more specific? You must use quotes when referencing text values: =IF(A1="Red","yes it is","no it isn't") =SUMIF(A1:A10,"Ten",B1:B10) Do not use quotes when referencing numbers: =IF(A1=10,10,0) =SUMIF(A1:A10,10,B1:B10) Biff "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5879DD53-B927-401E-8304-3D158C51B232@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone, > > Ba...

Auto-Hide and Always On Top Plug In or Code?
I have developed a small app I would like to have behave like the Windows XP Taskbar, in that users should be able to select either Auto- Hide or Always On Top, and get the same behavior you get with the Taskbar. Is this something I should be able to accomplish in code? When I first started this project months ago, I didn't think so, so I convinced my firm to purchase LogicNP's Shell Mega Pack Sorry, too fast the fingers. Anyway, there are a number of issues with the ShellAppBar tool that make it undependable, and LogicNP seems to no longer be supporting the product (or...

what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill
I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term. Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or the contents of Custom Lists. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Auto Fill/Auto Lookup??
I have created a form to input new data into the database. The data table for the database is called "TAODailyLog". In this table the column headings are Date, Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID, and Deploy Date (there are others, but these are the important ones). I have another table called "siteid". This table I use primarily for looking up values. In the "siteid" table, the columns are Order, SiteID, pmID, wmoID, and juliandeployed. With each new record that is placed into the database, the user must put in the Site ID, Buoy ID, WMO ID and the Deploy Date. ...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

stationary how to make and use several
I need to use serveral differant stationaries to use with differant clients, how do I make more than one and use it, I have one made right now, but can not figure how to use it in a new email, I do not want it to be my default, I only need it once a week or so. ...

Updating multiple linked workbooks
We have several workbooks which 1 gets data from other etc. is there anyway to have a one step to update all at once Not in the usual sense. Generally you can only update from one 'level' of linked workbooks unless all are open. What you can do is open all related workbooks and then use File | Save Workspace to quickly have access to all of those needed workbooks. See the Help topic on Workspace for more information. "dk" wrote: > We have several workbooks which 1 gets data from other etc. is there anyway > to have a one step to update all at once ...

exporting a mailing list
I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send out a mailer. This seams like it should be an easy task. I have tried to run a report, customer list but it doesnt give me all the info I need. (address, city, state). Is there a place to export this info. Im probally overlooking something stupid but I dont see it. "Zack Anderson" <zack@electronicbiz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:26049526-2FBB-4CA2-8B20-CBD89EE38E29@microsoft.com... >I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send > out a mailer. This ...

Handling the System Image List ?
Hi guys, In my program I made a Shell Namespace tree viewer that needs the system imagelist which I handle like this: // let's get the image list SHFILEINFO sfi; ZeroMemory(&sfi,sizeof(sfi)); HIMAGELIST hImageList=(HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"),0,&sfi,sizeof(SHFILEINFO),SH GFI_SYSICONINDEX|SHGFI_SMALLICON); // attach it to my class member m_imageList.Attach(hImageList); // later on in my destructor I free it m_imageList.Detach(); I think I am doing it right because it works. The thing is, I want to use that tree I made in different spots but it seems I can'...

lookup list
I'd like to have a lookup list, which shows 2 colums of the reference table. The columns are next to each other. Is that possible? ...

saving a workbook #2
I have a small problem and don't know if what I am trying to do is possible? I want to save a spreadsheet giving it a name which is entered into a cell within the sheet. I can do this manually by copying the contents of the cell and then pasting them into the file name box after selecting the 'save as' option. However, I need to simplyfy this for a non-excel literate colleague, so I want to record a macro to perform the whole process, when I record the macro and then run it, it simply reverts the cell in question back to it's original content and then tries to overwri...

Balance sheet
I was using a balance sheet to keep track of my expenses and incoming money. When the page was full I could no longer add any further transactions. How do I insert another page or make it larger? Hi Plowleg, How is your data set up? Can you be a bit more specific. -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482550 We are using the template Balance Sheet. There is 5 columns, the date,...

Validating enumeration of a schema using XmlReader / XmlDocument . c#
Hello, I am validating a xmlDocument in .net using XmlReaderSettings , XmlReader and the .Validate method of XmlDocument. The validation is working properly except for the fact I am receiving no errors when the values do not match the enumeration defined in the Schema. Is there a setting I can modify to force validation on the values defined in the enumeration. ex. If I pass in 5, I do not receive an error or warning. <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"> <xsd:enumeration value="1" /> <xsd:enumeration value="2" /> <xsd:en...

Synchronizing Two Workbooks
I'm not sure of how to word this but I will try I use Office 2000, and Excel 2000 on my Windows 2000 computer I have a Workbook (the master workbook) with several tabs (Worksheets) This Workbook is in a folder, in a folder, on a shared drive (In other words --- This folder resides within a Folder which has another folder too; i.e. one folder with two folders in it.) One of the 2 folders has the master Workbook, which can be modified by several designated people per Permissions. The other folder has a copy of the Workbook where several people may 'look at' the workbook (read only...

Maximizing dialog box and Control list
Hi, I programming using VS 6.0, MFC SDI. I have a dialog box, wich contains a CListCtrl table. My problem is that, when the dialog box is maximized, the control lists and the ok, cancel, and other buttos stay the way their are. I mean, they don't change it size accordingly. How can I maximize or change the dialog box size and everything on it change accordingly? I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks in advance Hi, You should override OnSize method of your dialog box and use SetWindowPos for your child windows. f.e. void CMyDialog::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CDialog::...