Adjusting row heights and column widths to align with another sheet

Hi,

A workbook has sheets containing printable reports. All have identical
columns and widths. After experimenting, I have arrived at an ideal
row heights and column widths for one of the sheets. I now need to
adjust the other sheet to the same heights and widths. Any way to do
this using VBA or through the user interface?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj
0
Raj

It seems like this is a one off so all you need to do is select the worksheet
with the correct column widths and row heights then hold the Ctrl key while
you click on the other worksheet tabs. (this selects multiple worksheets).

Alternatively holding the Shift key and select the last sheet and all sheets
between the initial and last are selected.

Now just select each column in turn and then Format -> Column -> Width and
click OK to accept the displayed width. Same for rows.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

How do I quickly transfer data from a column into a row?
I have about 500 3 digit numbers in a single column in Excel. I want them to be in a row now. What's the best way of doing this? Edit Copy EDit...Paste Special...Transpose "Shaun" wrote: > I have about 500 3 digit numbers in a single column in Excel. I want them to > be in a row now. What's the best way of doing this? Hi, Will work to a point. Remember that there are only 255 columns in Excel. "Hayeso" wrote: > Edit Copy > EDit...Paste Special...Transpose > > "Shaun" wrote: > > > I have about 500 3 digit numbers i...

Possible to Enforce Users to place dates in a column using dd/mmm/yy format
Hello - is it possible to use validation to ensure that users (a) use the date format in a given column, and do not stray from the dd/mm/yy format. Is formating the column with a custom format my only option? Can I also lock the format for a particular column in some way? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Date formatting is not for data entry. Dates are numbers. Formatting is used to express the numbers for visualization, not data entry. Formatting does not make people enter Excel date numbers which range from 1 to 2,958,465 When those numbers are formatted for display purposes as ...

AJAX
Hello, Does anyone know how I can freeze the header row in the DataGrid that uses AJAX with IE8 Browser. I've tried applying css but it does not work in IE8 unless I switch the compatibility mode on. (which i can't on 100+ users). Thanks ...

Label columns in column charts
Now, it's Easter time, but I still need to work to complete my thesis...well, let's go on...:-) I've got a column chart in which the height of each column represents the sum of unique values, so that if the column's height is 4, it means it represents the occurence of 4 single events (1+1+1+1) Now, referring this example I wish to label each column placing the name of the single events, so, if the column's height is 4 the labels should be from 0 to 1 -> e1 from 1 to 2 -> e2 from 2 to 3 -> e3 from 3 to 4 -> e4 (note that I have the labels in my active sheet)...

PPT 2007, Alignment to Slide stuck
I have just gotten PPT 2007, and I can not disable the "align to slide" feature on the alignment - under "Arrange". Do i need to adjust my preferences, and how do I do that? Or maybe my copy is corrupted? Thanks in advance to anyone out there! -- Marc You need to click "Align selected objects" This is only available if you have at least two shapes selected. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Marcus Analyst" wrote: &g...

auto adjust height of cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to have Excel automatically adjust the height of a cell depending on how much text is in it? Not the height of a cell, but the height of a row. The height is adjusted automatically when you increase or decrease font size on any cell in a row assuming the row's height has not been manually adjusted. To have the height of the row adjusted automatically based on volume of text content you need to apply Format> Cells> Alignment - Wrap Text. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac ...

Passing a CEdit object to another class..
This is how I've created a thread.. void CvcatTransmit::OnTransmitStart() { thread = (CThread *)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, //stacksize CREATE_SUSPENDED); thread->SetMe = true; thread->ResumeThread(); } CThread is a class that inherits CWinThread. Now, in my thread I need to be able to update my edit boxes which reside in the CvcatTransmit class. this is what I've tried: inside of Thread.h CEdit ...

copying archives etc to another machine
I need to copy contacts/address book, email archives, etc.etc. from a machine running Win XP/Outlook 2003 to a machine running Win 98/Outlook 2000 and give up the first machine...could someone suggest a list of files to be sure and not forget to make copys of?...(likewise, explorer favorites, etc...)thanks... You must copy the pst-file from one machine to the other and connect to it by File-> Open-> Personal Data File. In case you are working with an Outlook 2003 pst-file you must first export your pst-file to an Outlook 97-2002 compatible file; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/dow...

Column Lookup
wMicorsoft Office Excel 2003 I need to look up an answer from a column based on another column and place the answer in yet another column. See example Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E (the answer) Apple 20 Orange 5 35 Orange 10 Apple 35 5 Search Col C based on Col A and return answer to Col E from Col D place this on cell E2 aand fill it down =vlookup(a2,c$2:d$1000,2,0) "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D28DB918-8136-48A0-BF32-C3...

Find and Delete Rows
I have about 4700 rows I need to delete. I can find them, but I don't know how to mass delete the rows. How can I use Find/Replace to delete the rows in the results of my find? You can't use Find/Replace to delete rows directly. However, you can use that feature to replace the text with a specific character or string (ie the replace would be something like ZZZDelete). Then you can sort the entire dataset and all of the rows to be deleted will be grouped together. Select all of them and delete. "Carlton A. Barlow" <CarltonABarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

[OT] Another "niggle" vanquished
No reply is needed to this. It is just a partial followup to the long thread I started, "WinZip 8.0 running v. slowly". In that thread, I mentioned a large number of "niggles" which had developed, over a long period (but especially in the last few months), in my Win98SE installation (dating from January 2007). The one I most urgently needed to deal with was the very slow running of WinZip 8.0, and that seems to have been sorted out (although further tests must be made) by uninstalling it, and replacing it with WinZip 9.0 SR1 (as someone here suggested). Anot...

Transfering inventory items to another site
Hi everyone, We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. Now we are going to close down one of the sites and need to transfer all the items in that site to the other site. The only way I can think of doing that is going through item transfer entry for each item. Is there a way to handle site transfer in a batch? Thanks, Henry If you are using SQL you can write a script to transfer it all to a particular site. "henry" wrote: > Hi everyone, > We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. > Now we are going t...

Convert a Column of Data into multiple rows
I am trying to convert a column of data into multiple rows but cant seem to figure out how to do it. e.g. a b c d e f g h i I want this column to be broken down into rows of 3 items a b c d e f g h i Thanks in advance 1.Fill a B column with numbers in order, start from number 3 -> 3,4,5,6,7,8... and so on 2.In cell C1 add =if(MOD(B1;3)<>0;"";A1) - drag command in column C to the end of data 3.In cell D1 add =if(MOD(B1;3)<>0;"";A2) - drag command in column D to the end of data 4.In cell E1 add =if(MOD(B1;3)<>0;"";A3)- drag command in ...

how i draw a shart for multi sheet ?
i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all Hi, If I understand, you want to create a chart which uses data from multiple sheets? If so the easiest way is to build a summary area which pulls the data in from the different sheets and then chart that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "ahmad" wrote: > i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all This page adds a little information to Shane's post: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Maximum Rows and Columns
Just got my new Office 2007 Suite of applications. One reason I wanted the new Office is that I work with large data files and the capability of 1 million rows and a lot of columns will help me. Unfortunately, I just tried to combine 2 large worksheets that totalled more than 66,000 rows and got the error message that I had exceeded the row maximum. How do I "turn on" the larger row and column capability? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -- PBear You probably opened older format Excel files. Office button>Save as... choose Excel workbook (or macro enables w...

Summarize project time from different sheets in one without losing references when sorting the cells.
hi I have a a lot of sheets in one excel-file, about 25 upwards , and in these I fill in the time for each project each person is involved in. What I want is a sheet with a summary for all the projects. Every project has a six digit code. Can I create a formula that searches through the entire project for example project 440011 and return the value to the sheet where I summarize all the time? The problem is that I want the projects to be sorted by the six digit code but when I sort them in each persons sheet the references in the summarized sheet will be wrong. Does anyone understand what ...

formatting color based on source column
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not ...

Sheets changing names
The following macro saves various lists to new sheets in the same workbook. The first save is named 12-4-09 the second is 12-4-09a and so on. The initial Sheet is “Master” What happens is that on the first save the Master’s list does not remain as it was originally but changes to match the list that was just saved as (12-4-09) list This means that both sheets are the same On the next save to (12-4-09a) it actually has the list that was in 12-4-09a and the new list is in the old 12-4-09. I don’t know if I am making my self clear but if you open a workbook and rename the sheet Mas...

E2K3 SP2 : How to move public bank to another server ?
Hi everyone, I post this message because i've a problem without solution now with my exchange 2003 std sp2 server. I've actually on this server a public bank, with public folder hierarchy and publics folder. This server start to be old and i would like to transfer everything to another server, but i didn't found how to do it. I just founded informations on how make a replication of a public folder and a way to transfert public bank to another by doing a sort of emergency restore. But is it any clean way to do it (transfert hierarchy and publics folders with conte...

Adding in another conditional format on the same cell
Dear everyone.. I have a cell containing "conditional format" when 2 weeks before the due date ...the cell colour changes to "orange"....it turns red when it reaches the "due date" ..... Now.......i need to add in another condition ....when i add in another column e.g. "B" and the font colour will change to "yellow" ....i think its something to do with....if equal to....then it would change to this colour.... Can someone teach me the formula pls? urgent....thanks everyone.... Hi! What exactly are you trying to add as another condit...

SUM rows in column if cell in different column is empty
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has many rows of data. I'm trying to get a total for a column ("G") in a cell ("A2") but only on rows where the cell in another column ("J") for that row is empty.I tried SUMIF and couldn't get it to work. Can this be done with some kind of formula? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, gg =SUMIF(I:I,"",G:G) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <nospam@iamtheonewho.com> wrote in message news:1173743011.019953.66950@v33g2000cwv.googlegroup...

Check 2 columns of names for duplicates
I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing customers, one list is leads for new business. I don't want to send existing customers an offer to do business.) Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm jimp wrote: > > I have 2 very large lists of names. I need to quickly see if any of the names that appear in one column match any of the names in the other column. (One list is existing cust...

How do I include a date column in the Axis in Excel?
I'm creating a graph from a series of values in one column. In the adjacent column I have the date the value is entered. How can I get these dates to appear on the axis of the graph? On May 16, 4:54=A0pm, Greeneliza <Greenel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm creating a graph from a series of values in one column. =A0In the adj= acent > column I have the date the value is entered. =A0How can I get these dates= to > appear on the axis of the graph? Please go to:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 52. Pull up the Workbook on the sc...

Exceeding 65,000 rows
Please help. I have a macro that pulls in a text file. This file has over 65,000 rows. The data pulled fills down sheet 1 an then once 65,000 rows is reeached a new sheet is inserted. Once this new sheet is inserted how do i get the macro to activate thi new sheet, and continue to fill in the data starting from cell A again. please hel -- moglione ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46749 ...