2 User Forms Comunicating?

Hi all,
I had the intention to create a VBA program/script that:

Step1. Calls a "FindAll" dialog (user can view and make the best choice out
of the founded elements)

Step2. When user closes the "FindAll" dialog, my UserForm1 should show up
and run different Sub() using the last value that "FindAll" dialog selected.

My problem is that I can't use the "FindAll" dialog because the focus is on
the UserForm1 because it showed up lately.

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T USE OTHER "FIND" DIALOG.
IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATED BECAUSE I REALLY NEED IT!

This is my bad coding under Module1:

Sub scula()

  Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1849).Execute

  UserForm1.Show

End Sub

Hi Dan,

Try one of the following.
In Design mode set the ShowModal property to False

Or when showing the userform

UserForm1.Show False

or
UserForm1.Show vbModeless  'Same as False

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Dan Tabla" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I had the intention to create a VBA program/script that:
>
> Step1. Calls a "FindAll" dialog (user can view and make the best choice out
> of the founded elements)
>
> Step2. When user closes the "FindAll" dialog, my UserForm1 should show up
> and run different Sub() using the last value that "FindAll" dialog selected.
>
> My problem is that I can't use the "FindAll" dialog because the focus is on
> the UserForm1 because it showed up lately.
>
> UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T USE OTHER "FIND" DIALOG.
> IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATED BECAUSE I REALLY NEED IT!
>
> This is my bad coding under Module1:
>
> Sub scula()
>
>   Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1849).Execute
>
>   UserForm1.Show
>
> End Sub
thank you so much Ossie for your help! Your answer made me happy for the rest
of the day! I really need it that to work!

Do you think is possible to switch from a value to another in
"FindAll" dialog and have their value updated every time in the UserForm2?

"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Try one of the following.
> In Design mode set the ShowModal property to False
>
> Or when showing the userform
>
> UserForm1.Show False
>
> or
> UserForm1.Show vbModeless  'Same as False
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>

> "Dan Tabla" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I had the intention to create a VBA program/script that:
> >
> > Step1. Calls a "FindAll" dialog (user can view and make the best choice out
> > of the founded elements)
> >
> > Step2. When user closes the "FindAll" dialog, my UserForm1 should show up
> > and run different Sub() using the last value that "FindAll" dialog selected.
> >
> > My problem is that I can't use the "FindAll" dialog because the focus is on
> > the UserForm1 because it showed up lately.
> >
> > UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T USE OTHER "FIND" DIALOG.
> > IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATED BECAUSE I REALLY NEED IT!
> >
> > This is my bad coding under Module1:
> >
> > Sub scula()
> >
> >   Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1849).Execute
> >
> >   UserForm1.Show
> >
> > End Sub

Totals in main form
Hey Freinds!! i have form called Workshops based on Workshops Table and subform called Participants based on Participants Table.the relationship between the two tables is one to many. how to count number of males and females in each workshop and show them in the main form. thanks in advance -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 1. Open the subform in design view. 2. Show the Form Header/Footer (on toolbar/menu.) 3. Add a text box to the Form Footer section. 4. Give it this Control Source: ...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0
My RMS reseller upgraded me from 1.2 to 2.0. After doing so, none of my matrices work due to the fact that attributes and codes are not in the matrix dimensions. I have lost all customer purchase history, but I do have the totals they spent. I have lost all my purchase orders. They installed SQL express. I can not connect to either of my stores through HQ. Am I with the wrong reseller? Can someone help? Ouch- That has got to hurt- If I lost that Data, I would want to strangle someone. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEE3830-4C03-4778-...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Web form that drops into access database
I want to do something that I feel is very simple; however, I have no knowledge of how to do it. I want to have a form on a website that drops the data from the form into an access database. I have a decent amount of experience with web design, and would just like somewhere to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael <mgreer65@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e6a7c688-272b-4219-8241-74c3e3e7b2a2@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I want to do something that I feel is very simple; however, I have no > knowledge of how to do it. I want to have a form on a w...

multi user problem on small vista lan
I have three new pcs running vista business and I installed office 2007 on each. I put Access FE on each pc and BE in a public folder on one of the PCs with full control permissions for everyone on the public folder. Why can only one person on each pc get into access at any one time? Possible reasons: 1. No permission to create the LDB file 2. One user opening in Exclusive mode 3. The file may need to be in a Trusted Location 4. You may need to sacrifice a chicken. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "davidve&qu...

Creating mailboxes for users in a child domain
I am attempting to provide the ability for administrators in a child domain to create Exchange mailboxes on an Exchange server in the parent domain for users of the child domain. I have installed the Exchange Management Tools on the DC of the child domain, and delegated Exchange Administrator privileges to the administrator of the child domain. When creating the accounts the process to create the mailbox completes successfully on that DC (as does adding a mailbox to an existing user account with the exchange tasks option) however, I never see the mailbox on the server, and when creating an O...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

OE blocks attachments #2
I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? And what is OE ?? Thanks for helping. "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b2eb01c43727$c1ff1af0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove > acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its > not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? Tools-Options-Security for the 150,000th time. Did you not do ANY research AT ALL before ...

switching users
I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I have checked the account settings several times. I can retrieve the email if i set up the account on another computer. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. > I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but > it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I > ha...

Quering and entering data through a form
Hello, I have 3 tables: PatientDetails, ReferralDetails and EnvelopeDetails PatientDetails and ReferralDetails are linked by ReferralCode. ReferralsDetails and EnvelopeDetails are linked by SentEnvelope field. I need a form that only shows those patients who do not have SentEnvelope against their ReferralCode (and hence PatientID). This I have managed to do by using a query and then the form wizard. However, what I need to do now is to be able to update everyones SentEnvelope field with relevant envelope id. Every patient that is referred will have a referral details in the ReferralDe...

GL Year End Closing #2
After we ran the GL year end close the Year End Closing Report does not balance. Also the retained earnings amount is incorrect. I checked and all of the P&L accounts have a beginning balance of zero. Has anyone run into this and how can I find what accounts are off and correct them? -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, Have you checked your GL Trial Balance for the new year to see if it balances and the correct RE balance is reflected? If it does, maybe there's a problem with the Year End Closing Report itself. If your new GLTB doesn't balance the first thing I would do is start compar...

Manager grayed out on user setup

how do i merge 2 rows of data into one
I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. Hi you may provide some more details how your data is structured and how you want to combine it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willid" <willid@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14D9237F-69DA-4696-AC15-38585C65B28E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row > which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. You can't merge data without losing parts ...

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

Can columns be protecteded by an assigned user?
In an attempt to streamline 4 separate worksheets into one, is it possible to setup 4 columns in one Excel worksheet, then protect each column to allow one user to edit their assigned column by unlocking and relocking it? Or is there a better alternative, i.e., linking a main worksheet to each of the four that will show the edits automatically in my main worksheet? You can use the Allow Users to edit Range feature to set up a worksheet so that specific areas can be edited by specifc users. You protect the entire sheet and allow a user to edit a specific range without a pass...

Vlookup? #2
Can I use VLOOKUP to look up data in a data base and total multiple values associated with the lookup number in a range? Example: Database # $ 700 $325. 650 $225. 310 $110. 700 $500. 115 $475. 700 $125 Result #700= $950 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Vlookup is not the tool to use here. Try using SUMIF, it will fit the task nicely. (Also look at COUNTIF, DSUM for similar functions) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As Kieran says, try SUMIF instead of VLOOKUP Here's some steps to ease you-in on using ...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Please quote.dot for 1.2 its really urgent

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Auto complete form field from separate list
I can't seem to find the answer with the paperclip. I'm designing a form in a worksheet. One field intended for the user t input a "city name" We may be using 20 or 30 cities in total. It woul be great just to have to type a few letters and smack enter. I kno I'm a bonehead cause I can't figure it out, because it's probabl something simple I just haven't figured out yet -- famdaml ----------------------------------------------------------------------- famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938 View this thre...

pdf files #2
Is it possible to make and save an excel file as a pdf file using macro code? Thanks Matthew -- Matthew McManus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matthew McManus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5833 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493331 I did this with Adobe Acrobat v7 - you select the Adobe Printer and Print the Excel file. You should set the options in the Adobe Printer Driver first - I chose "Prompt for Filename" rather than "Save in My Documents&qu...

Adding email signatures to email generated from form
Hi I have the email addresses on my form set up to open a new email to that person when clicked upon. What it doesn't do is import the email signature from outlook. Is there any way I can do this? Any help gratefullly received. See: http://www.coliseosoftware.com.ar/ifox/english/default.asp You can do that with this free utilities. Regards, Javier Valverde S. "Obeide115654" wrote: > Hi > I have the email addresses on my form set up to open a new email to that > person when clicked upon. What it doesn't do is import the email signature > from outloo...

SMTPSVC #2
Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: SMTPSVC Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 115 Data: 17/02/2006 Ora: 17.32.27 Utente: N/D Computer: SERVER Descrizione: Impossibile effettuare il binding dell'istanza 1. Il codice errore è nei dati. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Dati: 0000: 40 27 00 00 @'.. On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:37:18 -0800, "daniele" <daniele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Tipo evento: Errore >Origine evento: SMTPSVC &...

User access to Service Calendar
Hi there, I would like to know if it's possible to give access to all users to see the organisation's service calendar. thanx ...