xml help

hi,

I have a basic xml file that I woul like people to update using exce
is this possible.??

Bac

--
bac
bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2613

Access 2003 Help Needed!
Hello, I work at a university and we are trying to input all the professor's research titles into a database for students who want to do a special project with that professor. We need to print off these research ideas for various uses. Whenever I try to print them off, if there is more words than can fit on a page, it just cuts them off. Can I somehow tell the program to text wrap? Also if the titles are really long, Access won't let me enter over a certain amount of characters - can I change that as well? thanks :) Dana On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:30:00 -0800, Dana <Dana@disc...

macro help #17
Hi All, 3*2 3*3 3*2 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*2 3*2 3*5 3*5 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*5 3*5 3*5 3*5 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*4 3*2 3*2 3*3 3*3 I have following kind of data i want to convert the above column into following , how can i do that =3*2 =3*3 =3*2 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*2 =3*2 =3*5 =3*5 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*5 =3*5 =3*5 =3*5 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*4 =3*2 =3*2 =3*3 =3*3 Can i do it using the help of macro ? Regards, Raan Sub multiply() For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = "=" & cell.Value Next cell End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:25:09 -0800 (PST), ...

Help with VBA for document formatting.
Dear all: I am currently working on a rather large document that I need to format a certain specific way. The document includes nearly 57,000 lines of plain text that need to be indented according to a simple rule so that it can then be imported into an application as a tab- delimited file. A member from another forum suggested this might be more easily done with Word instead of Excel so I decided to post this questions here. My system is a Mac G5 running the latest version of Leopard (not Snow Leopard) which is 10.5.8 and I have Microsoft Office 2004 installed (haven't upg...

Configuring XML Serialization to not add an element
Hi, I have the follwoing class structure: public class MyClass { public Fields Fields; } public partial class Fields { public BaseField[] myFields; } [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlInclude(typeof(DerivedField))] public class BaseField { //some properties } [XmlRoot("derived")] public partial class DerivedField : BaseField { } All the classes are tagged as serilizable. When I XMLSerialize an object of type MyClass, here is what I get: <MyClass> <Fields> <myFields> <derived name="JobID" id="A"...

Help with AVI files!
Hi guys, I need some help figuring out some stuff about avi files.I have this Class CAviDlg which extracts bitmaps from Avi files and displays them on the dialog box. Im using threads in order to display these bitmaps as continuous stream of images for some purpose in my application. //this function is called by the thread UINT ShowAviFile(LPVOID pParam) { //code to draw on the dialog box CAviDlg *tdlg = (CAviDlg *)pParam; tdlg->OnShowAviFile(); return 1; } //mesage handler for the ply button in the CAviDlg class void CAviDlg::OnPlay() { thread = AfxBeginThread(ShowAviFile,this,0,0,0...

Help with design structure
i want to create a database for my makeup shop. I know i would have a table for all the products but i want to also track customers who buys what product so that i can always inform them of new itmes. i want to now if i need just one table or i need more than than. my table will have fields for prices and total amount. this will be and invetory for the shop that should show what we have as orders and what is Purchase orders. Hi Can I make a suggestion. If you go to the microft site you can download (free) databases that will just what you want. Much better than spending a...

help help
Hi All, Need help in formulae.. I have one master sheet , In which one tab is contain name , Id etc,, and reason of leaving organisation and in another tab I have to show no. of person leaving for this reason .. for e.g ABC left for better opportunity , so headcount of better opportunity = 1 Thanks in advance regards Dush The sumif formula is explained in the help files. :) **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Dushyant Rajput&qu...

Cell Reference help required
Hello All, I have a problem with Cell reference between spreadsheets. Help would be highly appreciated. Here is what I need. I have 30 different spreadsheets in a workbook. Worksheet names (Aug01, Aug02, Aug 03�.Aug30). All the sheets are similar. I need to refer the totals of the previous worksheet in the current one. Example: D5 of sheet Aug30 to D4 of sheet Aug29, ('Aug29'!D5) D5 of sheet Aug29 to D4 of sheet Aug28, ('Aug28'!D5) hi, on sheet Aug29 at D4 put this =Aug30!D5 REgards FSt1 "Raja" wrote: > > Hello All, > > I have a problem with...

Help with SUMPRODUCT
I'd like to calcluate a range based on 3 different conditions: Area="Northeast" Closed Month="OCT","NOV","DEC" Sales Stage="02 - Qualified" Range to calculate: Total Sales (times 25%) The formula I used is this: =SUMPRODUCT((A13:A68="US-Northeast")*(I13:I68,{"OCT","NOV","DEC"})*(K13:K68="02 - Qualified")*((F13:F68)*.25)) Yet it's giving me an error. The thing that is raising my eyebrow on it is, when the formula is getting written, you can see the ranges selected in the color-code...

Help with Absence sheet formula.
Hi, I manage a monthly absence sheet, we have 4 types of absences "sick; a/l; bev; dom" and "late or Early finish" All of these types of absence are entered in one row for a certain person on a certain date. (calendar type of row,31 cells ). At the end of that row I need to calculate and divide them monthly for each day of the week how many absences were there(Mon2; Tue-o; Wed-3 etc...) but excluding the "Late" or "early" inputs. I do have a formula and I thought if there is an simple one that I can use? Here is a copy of the formula I use for eac...

How to add xsi:schemaLocation attribute to XML element
Hi all, I am trying to serialize a C# object into a XML document using "XmlSerializer" class. One of the elements of the XML document needs a "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute. I am not sure how to add this to the XML element Please help me with if you can. Thanks, kaush The root element of the document can contain, along with all the xmlns stuff, an attribute called xsi:schemaLocation="namespaceURI filename.xsd" There are two tokens inside the single string. This is a hint for the validator to know where to find a physical xsd file to...

Public Folder access after migration NEED HELP!
I have a user who's mailbox was recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. After the migration she no longer has access to 2 public folders that she previously had access to. Permissions have her as Custom on the folder being able to Read, Create and edit all items in this calendar. I have set and reset these permissions to no avail. Any reason why she cannot gain access even though permissions for her to have access are specified??? ...

HELP!alert when negative number comes in?
Hi, I am trying write a code that alerts the user when a negative number i in a cell. This may sound basic but i am just a beginniner at vba's. Can anyone help??;) ;) ; -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am not sure about VBA. However, You can use the cell validation and set an alerts. To do this click the cell. Click Data on the menubar, Click Validation, On the settings tab Allow whole numbers or Decimal, Set data to Greater then or equal to 0, Set minimum to 0. On the Error Alert type the Tille and error message that you want. Hope this helps Judi >----...

Soccer Draw File help
I run a competition for over 300 people with 4 grades of teams in local soccer competition. I have an extensive file I have made t record results etc. One area I have trouble with is an easy way t generate a draw. At the very least I would like to be able to input th team names, number of rounds and have it generate the draw for eac grade in turn or all together. Ultimately I would like it to be able t put certain grades on certain days but this is a bit more complicated one step at a time. If anyone would like to look at the file to see what can be improved will send it to you. I would app...

need help to change default color setting in Publisher 2003 worksp
The background/workspace color for my copy of Publisher 2003 is pink (and very annoying). To clarify what I mean by background/workspace, when I open up a new project in Publisher, I have a plain white sheet surrounded by bright pink rather than the dark gray background/workspace of all my other MS Office programs. Other than unloading and reloading the software, which may not even work as I did the initial install, I can't think of any way to change the color. I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction so I don't have to go through that process. Th...

#Import for xml
What do I need to #import in c++ for xml dom? Thanks. -- Michael Tissington http://www.oaklodge.com http://www.tabtag.com Hi Michael, > What do I need to #import in c++ for xml dom? Please ues the following ones: //for MSXML 4.0 #import "msxml4.dll" using namespace MSXML2; or //for MSXML 3.0 and below #import "msxml.dll" using namespace MSXML; Additionlly, there are some sample links on using the XML DOM from Visual C++: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c3707/ http://www.codeguru.com/columns/Kate/article.php/c6583/ With it helps! Best r...

0x8004210B
On Windows XP Professional with Outlook 2002 SP2, I was getting the above error. This occurs when sending or forwarding mail with attachments. This was a brand new system fully patched (Windows and Office updates applied and Trend Micro Internet Security 2004) Since I had come across this before - I tried following the same procedures to workaround but had no success. I tried the following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329923&Product=ol2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823663&Product=ol2002 http://support.microsoft.com/d...

XML Mapping Issues
I am fairly new to mapping XML into an excel spreadsheet, and I need some help to make the spreadsheet behave the way I want. I receive an xml file from an outside application that is in this format: <?xml version"1.0"?> <Master> <Header> <HeaderInfo>...</HeaderInfo> </Header> <Record> <Reference type="A">a1</Reference> <Reference type="B">b1</Reference> </Record> <Record> <Reference type="A">a2</Reference> </Record> <Record...

how to embed a control in XML Document

Copying Formulas in 2003 HELP HELP HELP
My question is a little unique. My formula is G1*1.1 I put the result in H1. I can drag a formula down in a column, and it increments the row number, but the resulting answer is the same in H2 as it was in H1. If I press F2 in H2 then enter, the answer is correct. My spreadsheet is almost 15,000 lines, and I do not want to have to F2 each cell in the H column....... Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks...... Roxy Hi Roxy check tools / options / calculation - ensure that it is set to automatic Cheers JulieD "RoxyB94" <RoxyB94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggh! Please help me!!!!
If: B2=56; I want want a formula that uses the value of B2 as the row number for B3. Therefore, the cell address for B3 would be ($A[value of B2]). I have a huge number of columns from which I need to extract data at specific points, but those positions change from column to column and sheet to sheet. Therefore, I need a formula that automatically gives me the value for the cell address I want using the value in one cell as the row number for another cell. I hope that somebody can help me. Thanks -- D. Hay Hi try the INDIRECT function in B3 =INDIRECT("A"&B2) Cheers ...

URGENT: Print preview help
when i normally click print preview i get a small dashed line showing me the edge of the pages, however suddenly its gone! how do i get it back as im trying to line some stuff up but cant now :( quick replies appreciated :) -- Zapp Brannigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zapp Brannigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319274 Hi Zapp try clicking on the margins button or maybe better yet use Page Break preview (under the view...

help #7
wont excel install an need help reinstalling xp2 need code -- sandra fennell ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b3c708fc-89ee-4d05-ab6e-f773d207992b&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers Tr...

Need Some Beginner's Help
This is probably a basic question but I can't seem to find it in the help menu...In Excel 2003 let's say that I have one cell that has =B1 if I use the auto fill and drag this cell to the right I get =C1 =D1 =E1 etc... can I configure the auto fill so that it gives me =B2 =B3 =B4 instead? Put: =INDIRECT("B"&COLUMN()-2) in cell C1 and drag across Regards Trevor "Matt" <mttmrrsn.nospamme@gmail.com> wrote in message news:QMNwh.44980$jA.41792@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > This is probably a basic question but I can't seem to find it in the ...

Formula "if" Please Help
Could you please let me know why the following formula doesn't work? =if(PRODUCT(F12*F18)>=0,PRODUCT(F12*F18),0) Thanks a lot Sunny :p ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sunnybee The PRODUCT function shouldn't have an asterisk in it. It should be: =IF(PRODUCT(F12,F18)>=0,PRODUCT(F12,F18),0) Andy "SUNNYBEE" <SUNNYBEE.uzh1n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:SUNNYBEE.uzh1n@excelforum-nospam.com... > Could ...