Work out overtime hours for individuals #2

Hi All

I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me
with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time
hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g. below)

Name Start End Hours
Persona 1:30 2:30 1
Persona  3:30 4:30 1
Persona 9:30 11:30
person b
person b
person c
person c
person d etc etc

What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column
which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked and so
on.  The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could have
10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and is used for temporay teachers
that may work different hours and days in a month.  In other words as
below

NAme      Start   End    Hours  DAte        Total
Person a  11:30  14:30  3         1/3/06
Person a  10:30   12:30 2         4/3/06
Person a  16:30   20:30 4         5/3/06      9
Person b   09:30 13:30  4         13/03/06
person b   08:30  11:30 3          01/03/06  7
and so on

any help is appreciate, and i hope the above makes sense

0
fudgie73 (5)

Hi Fudge,

you can e.g. use the SUMIF function
like:
you type in a cell (somewhere next to the database, but not connecting to it
<= practical advice or even in a summary spreadsheet)
x2: persona y2: SUMIF(a:a;x2;d:d)
x3: personb y3: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d)
x4: personc y4: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d) <= function can be copied
etc

where a:a is the column with the names (MUST be the same with x2, x3, x4...)
d:d is the column with the hours to be added

and X2, x3, x4 ... are the teachers names, only once per person.
this can be developed to more sophisticated tables :-)
Any good?
Best regards,
ANdras
(Hungary)

"Fudge" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me
> with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time
> hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g. below)
>
> Name Start End Hours
> Persona 1:30 2:30 1
> Persona  3:30 4:30 1
> Persona 9:30 11:30
> person b
> person b
> person c
> person c
> person d etc etc
>
> What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column
> which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked and so
> on.  The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could have
> 10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and is used for temporay teachers
> that may work different hours and days in a month.  In other words as
> below
>
> NAme      Start   End    Hours  DAte        Total
> Person a  11:30  14:30  3         1/3/06
> Person a  10:30   12:30 2         4/3/06
> Person a  16:30   20:30 4         5/3/06      9
> Person b   09:30 13:30  4         13/03/06
> person b   08:30  11:30 3          01/03/06  7
> and so on
>
> any help is appreciate, and i hope the above makes sense

0
ANdras (21)
4/15/2006 11:54:10 PM
Hi Andras

thansk fro your response, but im not quite sure what you mean.

ANdras wrote:

> Hi Fudge,
>
> you can e.g. use the SUMIF function
> like:
> you type in a cell (somewhere next to the database, but not connecting to it
> <= practical advice or even in a summary spreadsheet)
> x2: persona y2: SUMIF(a:a;x2;d:d)
> x3: personb y3: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d)
> x4: personc y4: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d) <= function can be copied
> etc
>
> where a:a is the column with the names (MUST be the same with x2, x3, x4...)
> d:d is the column with the hours to be added
>
> and X2, x3, x4 ... are the teachers names, only once per person.
> this can be developed to more sophisticated tables :-)
> Any good?
> Best regards,
> ANdras
> (Hungary)
>
> "Fudge" wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me
> > with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time
> > hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g. below)
> >
> > Name Start End Hours
> > Persona 1:30 2:30 1
> > Persona  3:30 4:30 1
> > Persona 9:30 11:30
> > person b
> > person b
> > person c
> > person c
> > person d etc etc
> >
> > What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column
> > which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked and so
> > on.  The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could have
> > 10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and is used for temporay teachers
> > that may work different hours and days in a month.  In other words as
> > below
> >
> > NAme      Start   End    Hours  DAte        Total
> > Person a  11:30  14:30  3         1/3/06
> > Person a  10:30   12:30 2         4/3/06
> > Person a  16:30   20:30 4         5/3/06      9
> > Person b   09:30 13:30  4         13/03/06
> > person b   08:30  11:30 3          01/03/06  7
> > and so on
> >
> > any help is appreciate, and i hope the above makes sense

0
FudgieM (5)
4/25/2006 10:39:05 PM
Hi Fudge

Supposing your data is on Sheet1, with name in column A and Hours worked
in column D.
On sheet2, enter in column A a list of the individual names for which
you wish to summarise the data.
On sheet2 in cell B1 enter
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!D:D)
Copy the formula down column B for as many rows as you have entries in
column A.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Fudge" <FudgieM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Andras
>
> thansk fro your response, but im not quite sure what you mean.
>

> ANdras wrote:
>
>> Hi Fudge,
>>
>> you can e.g. use the SUMIF function
>> like:
>> you type in a cell (somewhere next to the database, but not
>> connecting to it
>> <= practical advice or even in a summary spreadsheet)
>> x2: persona y2: SUMIF(a:a;x2;d:d)
>> x3: personb y3: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d)
>> x4: personc y4: SUMIF(a:a;x3;d:d) <= function can be copied
>> etc
>>
>> where a:a is the column with the names (MUST be the same with x2, x3,
>> x4...)
>> d:d is the column with the hours to be added
>>
>> and X2, x3, x4 ... are the teachers names, only once per person.
>> this can be developed to more sophisticated tables :-)
>> Any good?
>> Best regards,
>> ANdras
>> (Hungary)
>>
>> "Fudge" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All
>> >
>> > I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me
>> > with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time
>> > hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g.
>> > below)
>> >
>> > Name Start End Hours
>> > Persona 1:30 2:30 1
>> > Persona  3:30 4:30 1
>> > Persona 9:30 11:30
>> > person b
>> > person b
>> > person c
>> > person c
>> > person d etc etc
>> >
>> > What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column
>> > which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked
>> > and so
>> > on.  The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could
>> > have
>> > 10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and is used for temporay
>> > teachers
>> > that may work different hours and days in a month.  In other words
>> > as
>> > below
>> >
>> > NAme      Start   End    Hours  DAte        Total
>> > Person a  11:30  14:30  3         1/3/06
>> > Person a  10:30   12:30 2         4/3/06
>> > Person a  16:30   20:30 4         5/3/06      9
>> > Person b   09:30 13:30  4         13/03/06
>> > person b   08:30  11:30 3          01/03/06  7
>> > and so on
>> >
>> > any help is appreciate, and i hope the above makes sense

0
roger5293 (1125)

text wrap refusal #2
Bernard & Gord Thank you for taking the time to help. It turns out that by formattin the rows to autofit, my problem disappeared. Do -- kildevi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kildevil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27065 ...

Recovery Storage Groups #2
I have 2 administrative groups: SFO and NYC SFO has 2 servers: SFEX and SFEX1 NYC has 2 servers: NYEX and NYEX1 The servers with the 1 suffix are for recovery purposes only. I created Recovery Storage Groups on both SFEX1 and NYEX1. When I attempted to add a database to recover in NYEX1, I'm prompted with both the mailbox store for NYEX and NYEX1. But when I do the same in SFEX1, I'm only given the option to add the mailbox store for SFEX1 and not SFEX. How do I get it to find the the mailbox store for SFEX? Both SFEX and SFEX1 are running Exchange Server 2003 w/ SP1. Plea...

client using 4.0 but never applied rollup 2
Does rollup 2 need to be applied to a client's computer if they upgraded to 4.0 but did not apply the rollup 2 patch? No, the roll up patch 2 is only meant for CRM 3.0 not for titan 4.0. SO, you can start using CRM 4.0 without updating the rollup. "kfainter" wrote: > Does rollup 2 need to be applied to a client's computer if they > upgraded to 4.0 but did not apply the rollup 2 patch? > ...

Attament with .docx with >3.5MB is not working in CRM Outlook Clie
Hi, I have given the maxRequestLength as "200192" in below 2 places of web.config. 1. <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="200192"/> 2. <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="200192"/> When I use 'Track in CRM' from outlook with attachment more or equal to 8MB it works for all attachment except .docx(MS Word 2007). The max limit it's allowing me to attach the .docx is 3.5MB. Is it know issue or any fix for this? Thanks in advance Rakesh ...

Migration Question #2
Have an NT4 Server w/ Exch 5.5...........network upgrade dictates the NT4 box be wiped and Win2K Server installed with Exchange 2000 on top of it. We have Exmerged the mailboxes out into pst files.............the W2K server will be joining a new domain with the same user accounts as NT4 domain. Aprox 100 user accounts are aliased to there mail accounts......example...user acct is User12Loc3 and the User12Loc3 user account has email aliased as BSmith@mycompany.com. Is a procedure available to map the pst files back to the user accounts when we Exmerge back into Exch 2000? Thanks First mak...

automatic sort #2
I have a spreadsheet with columns A:G and unlimited rows. Is there any way to automatically sort the whole sheet in alphabetical order by, let say column G? The problem is that users of this sheet enter data in the rows and I need it to be sorted as I mentioned above but many of them don't know much Excel and can't do the sort from the menu so I was thinking maybe some kind of macro could do it but I don't know how to write it. I should mention that I already have macro on that sheet that sets up printing area, also with ctrl+D it deletes the current row and moves everything up so ...

CTRL-END #2
Pushing CTRL - END in excel sometimes takes the cursor to a position (cell) far below the real last active cell, as if it is still remembering the former position when certain rows were not yet deleted . How can we reset this? If you make an entry in cell D10, then delete it and make an entry in D8, the spreadsheet still considers D10 to be the lower right corner. If you delete rows 9 and 10 and then save the file, D8 will be the lower right corner. See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused for a solution -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

Can I have 2 customer ID's roll up into 1 invoice
We have a customer that buys 2 different lines of our product. Currently we are using 1 customer ID and putting both lines of product on the same order & invoice. For reporting purposes, we need to be able to divide the different lines into separate divisions. We still need to input both lines of product on 1 order/invoice. Any thoughts? -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company What kind of reporting are you talking about Phil? There are a number of ways of classifying product that will enable segregation on reports. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Co...

2 401K accounts with the same company
My wife and I both work at the same Company and our 401K is also throughthe same company (John Hancock) we can only have one account tied to an indvidule fund but we both have the same investment options selected. Does anyone know a way around this? Thank you, Bill On Sun, 6 May 2007 08:09:01 -0700, Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My wife and I both work at the same Company and our 401K is also throughthe >same company (John Hancock) we can only have one account tied to an indvidule >fund but we both have the same investment options selected. > >Do...

Entourage auto send and receive is not working
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi all, <br> I am using Entourage 2004 on a MacBookPro running Mac OS 10.5.8. <br> The automatic scheduled 'send and receive' has been working up until about a week ago. I can still see doing the 'send and receive' every 15 minutes at the bottom left corner, but no emails come through. However, if I manually click the 'send and receive' button at the top, I will get my mail. <br> Any ideas? Thanks for any info. On 3/20/10 9:06 AM, phed_up@officeformac...

Cannot make individual name tags
Everytime I create name tags in Publisher I get an entire page of the same name tage when I print. I need one of every individual name tag created. I choose publications for print,labels, bookplate, name tag. I set up each name tag as an individual page and then when I hit print.....I get 8 name tags with the same info on them. Any help would be great. On 27 Apr 2004 18:19, "Bridgette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I create name tags in Publisher I get an entire page of the >same name tage when I print. I need one of every individua...

Back-up #2
I'm running MSMoney 2001. It has started needing two disks to BU. I tried and finally got it to back-up to a CD but I keep getting bugged to run BU to a floppy. How can I get the program to recognize I am backing up to a CD? Regards, fatjac In microsoft.public.money, Jack Tanner wrote: >I'm running MSMoney 2001. It has started needing two disks to BU. >I tried and finally got it to back-up to a CD but I keep getting bugged to >run BU to a floppy. > >How can I get the program to recognize I am backing up to a CD? I suggest you make your "floppy" backup...

Working with EDB's....
Hello, I am wondering if there are any tools out there for those of us that want to take a magnify glass to our priv1.edb files. I don't want to modify anything, I would actually like to get more info then what the Exchange System Manager is able to give me. Such as attachement information (files and file types that are being stored on the server). Thanks for any help in advance, John On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:20:00 -0800, ExAdmin <ExAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is no such straight-forward tool that would enable you to view the >contents of Exchange EDB ...

Converting overtime to decimal
Hello all. I'm working on developing a time sheet for were I work and I need a little help. I have everything working right except the overtime conversion. Here's what I have and what I need: I have time blanks for what hours they work (entered as excel time or military time, converted to excel time: 17:00=5:00 PM I have a field that converts the hours entered into hours worked. The field then looks and sees if it is over 8 hours if it is, then put down 8:00 in a blank and put the remaining time in the overtime field, IE: I worked 8:45 mins in one day (8 hours 45 minutes). 8:00 go...

Hyperlinks in Publisher #2
The insert function of our Publisher 2000 does not have the command to insert Hyperlinks. How can we get this command in Publisher 2000? Thanks refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e5701c474c6$dae47b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The insert function of our Publisher 2000 does not have > the command to insert Hyperlinks. How can we get this > command in...

Chart names #2
I am producing an Excel sheet with several pages of identical looking charts sourcing different data sets. 6 charts to a page and 4 pages worth of charts. I am using VBA to automatically change the scale of the charts and want to automate it a bit more: The VB code I want to use is similar to: For Sheet_Num = 1 to 4 For Graph_Num = 1 to 6 Set myRange = Worksheets(Sheet_Num).Range(Graph_Num) etc. Next Next However, I currntly need to put a translation table in to convert the Graph_Num into the actual graph name (Chart 1, Chart 14, Chart 16, etc.) I just want to rename the actu...

Combining 2 cells
I have a range of scores for a test in cells A10 thru A100. In Cell A1 I have a the formula =COUNTA(A10:A100) that returns the number or n of scores. In cell A2 I have the formula =SUM(A10:A100)/A1 which returns the mean for the range. In cell A3 I have the formula =STDEV(A10:A100) which returns the standard deviation for the range. Cells A2 and A3 are formatted as numbers with 2 decimal places (ex., 1.55). I've combined cells A2 and A3 into another cell with the formula =A2& " / " & A3 to be able to view the mean/standard deviation in the same cell (ex., 9.5 / 1.5)...

Advanced Distribution #2
We have a customer that wants to stop using advanced distribution for some of their documents. They took the fulfillment invoice transferred to backorder and now wants to transfer the backorder to an order but when they attempt to transfer, no documents transfer. My thought on this is becuase it started as a fulfillment document this is not an optionto do. Any thoughts on how to do this? Thanks! If you were able to transfer the fulfillment orders to back order documents, you should now be able to void the fulfillment orders. In order to be able to transfer the back orders to sales or...

My Page Navigation is not working
I have Publisher 2002. On previous versions, and on my 2002 verson on my home computer, the page number that you are on is highlighted on the Page Navigation toolbar on the bottom. However, this feature is not working on my computer at work. I have tried to re-install with no success. I frequently work on multiple paged document and cannot tell what page I am on. Please help... Go menu VIEW > STATUS BAR -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" The display is already there showing each page in my document, it is just not highl...

Store.exe error #2
We have a Database that failed with the error below after running ESEUTIL/P, ESEUTIL/D, and ISINTEG -fix the store mounts and after 4 min the error appears again and dismounts all stores. The database show a clean shutdown with ESEUTIL /mh and no errors with ISINTEG. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 7/15/2004 Time: 9:46:21 PM User: N/A Computer: MAILBE07 Description: Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7226.3, stamp 407db771, faulting module exchmem.dll, version 6.5.7226.0, stamp 406d29b4, debug? 0, fault address 0...

Can I split 1 cell into 2 cells in Excel?
I am working in a spreadsheet where I frequently use the filter and sort functions. I want to split one cell into two in one column, I don't want to use two columns and merge the rest of the cells as this upsets the filter/sort functions. Try this.... Highlight the required cells you want to split and DATA > TEXT TO COLUMNS > NEXT then enter the parameter that you want to split by (colon, space, etc) FINISH "Chalky" wrote: > I am working in a spreadsheet where I frequently use the filter and sort > functions. I want to split one cell into two in one column...

Merging from Excel to Word #2
I am using Excel as a data source for mail Merge letters and have multiple sheets in each Excel document. I am not sure how to select a specific sheet when merging to avoid having to use the entire document and then seperating what I do and don't actually need I have also thought of using a new template each time I need to merge and copying the info over but there must be an easier option. Hi AFAIK you have to use the first worksheet of your workbook. Even with defined names Word seems to require the first sheet as datasource (see also http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm) ...

Printing Sales document
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C9D490.3508AD30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello People, here is another issue. a.. I have created a User and assigned her a role of "Order Processor" = which is canned in GP 10.0=20 b.. For this Role ID, I am assigning a Task ID called "Print Sales = Documents" under Sales and I specifically checked all boxes related to = printing sales documents.=20 c.. I have granted the "access to print the Sales documents&qu...

Make Great Plains WA state Workers Comp. setup work automatically
Washington State has two requirements for Worker's compensation to work automatically. 1. Certain employees, especially many agricultural employees are paid by piecework 2. Worker's compensation is processed by hours worked. Because Great Plains only tracks one unit of measure per Pay Code, such as number of hours for an hourly code or number of pieces for a piece work code, the software does not allow you to calculate workers compensation correctly when you are using piece work pay codes. There is no way to set up a piece work pay code to track pieces harvested and also tra...

Display Array from VBA #2
Hi: At the end of a VBA macro I have a set of results saved in an array e Results (1 to 100). How do I display the results in a specified range in a worksheet? I can do it by looping through and doing each one at a time but wha line of code would do it in one go (if there is one)? Thanks Bil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...